Why haven't you switched yet?

Why haven't you switched yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.uk.net/torrent/10370782/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_7_(Server__Desktop__Workstation)
developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/03/31/no-cost-rhel-developer-subscription-now-available/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Costs money. I'm happy with ubuntu

Why the fuck would a non enterprise use red hat? Literally why?

But ubuntu support is shit

Because it is stable and is supported

>Subscription

Anyone tried this one?

thepiratebay.uk.net/torrent/10370782/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_7_(Server__Desktop__Workstation)

no it isn't, you just don't know how to google

Why not just use CentOS or Fedora?

Why haven't I switched? I use CentOS, that's why, familia

Just switched to Fedora.

It's awesome.

This is probably not even illegal. As long as everything there is free software or at least allows redistribution of unmodified copies, this should be fine. You just wouldn't get support from Red Hat if you download this version.

Actually, there's another complicating thing: whoever's distributing this has to provide an offer for the source code of all the GPL parts. I'm not sure if Red Hat provides source code on their website, and they don't have to: they only have to give source code to whoever they give binaries to (their customers). But if there's no source code on the website, this would have to include or link to some other way of distributing the source.

In other words,

use a developer licence, damn guy

developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/03/31/no-cost-rhel-developer-subscription-now-available/

enjoy getting hammered by skiddies

is this a troll?
1) centos was acquired by redhat a year or two ago
2) fedora was always the official rhel community editition
3) True, they have to offer source to people to whom they deliver a product. However those people have no embargo on further redistribution at any cost, as long as they dont represent it as rhel (which centos and fedora do not).

I use centos everywhere. ubuntu has improved a lot since the initial unity release (read fiasco) though. I like freebsd where it makes sense too, its pure xen (you see this in OSX too).

for what?
Really curious of using it as a desktop/workstation OS, because I hate it that all "normal" distros are only supported for a year at maximum.
How much software is easily available, now that rpmfusion is dead?

Right, I wasn't really talking about CentOS or Fedora, just redistribution of RHEL. At the end I realized it would be enough of a hassle that CentOS or Fedora would be easier. I guess there could be a trademark issue for calling it RHEL though, fair enough.

Cool, didn't know that was an option.

I just looked at this again, and thought that your responses were to the opposite people.

my bad

I develop on CentOS because I don't need new packages and my targets are all legacy systems. It's a fine desktop if you aren't concerned about being a few years behind the curve with respect to features. I literally haven't had so much as a minor issue in the last four or five years.

thanks user. downloading now

what are you talking about, centos is literally rhel with all the redhat trademarks removed.

I mean redhat isnt really pushing for breathtaking ui/ux, but its definitely current if not the market leader.

I'm talking about the fact that RHEL/CentOS is a stable distro that's literally the opposite of bleeding edge with all the latest packages.

its the same package manager as fedora, you can pull in pretty much whatever you want. granted they're not available immediately after install

I'm on RHEL 8 aka Fedora 23

because SELinux gives me nightmares

Bump

Because I prefer loadbearing fat man OS over dinosaur punchout OS

*tips*

Why switch when you're happy with your current Linux distro? It just means extra work and effort to learn the new package and configuration system.