How the fuck am I supposed to fix the headphone jack on top of a pc case?

How the fuck am I supposed to fix the headphone jack on top of a pc case?

Other urls found in this thread:

startpage.com/
duckduckgo.com
stackexchange.com/
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't,just install MacOS and brag about it.

Thank you

are you guys all retards here?

@56816628
did you read the sticky

yes and i even googled and i cant find shit

No, you are.

Cred Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or one of the following:
startpage.com/ or duckduckgo.com (i.e., fucking google it)
stackexchange.com/
logicalincrements.com/

External DAC/amp master race

Yeah, you're not going to. It is fucked and you are not going to go through the effort it would take to replace it.

choices:

buy a new case
buy a usb sound card and use a front usb for sound
use the back audio jack on the motherboard a lot of headphone jacks on cases come with issues anyway

i read that after i posted the thread

i figured. guess ill just buy one of those usb adapter things. this fucking sucks.

Why can't you just use the motherboards?

Because my headphones obviously aren't long enough and I have too many cords under my desk as it is.

If you have a soldering iron it's actually really easy. Just buy a headphone jack from mouser or digikey or some place (or even radioshack since shipping small amounts of items from most component stores kills). Rip out the old one. Put in the new one. Solder wires back.

In terms of repair, it's practically the easiest and most risk free as if you fuck it up, big deal, you lost a few cents and some time but your machine works just as well as it did before.

Get a 2 dollar extension and some fucking breadties or zipties you lazy dumb nigger

Literally this

I don't have one

No it's uncomfortable

this is the correct answer—to post on /wsr/, the worksafe request board
this is a terrible answer lmao what a baka

If you don't have one and you are not experienced using one, it's not worth it. It's a fun skill to have if you're interested, but it is WAY beyond the scope of this repair.

There's really no snap-in replacement though, as far as I know. Quick disconnects are not really used on TRS jacks.

You have to buy a new case

>HE FELL FOR THE PC GAMING MEME

You deserve this

Learn electronics and soldering

OR, you know. He could just fucking use his warranty to get that entire panel replaced. Phanteks did it for me

>1 year warranty
jesus fucking christ what a shit company

People don't have speakers that have headphone jacks on them?
I can't imagine having to use the OS volume control to change your headphone's volume as opposed to the speaker's volume knob.

Email manufacturer, Rosewill replaced my usb2 ports in my cheapo $60 chassis when they died.

You think they would after 4 years? Would I have to send the case in?

HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS WEBM TRANSPARENT?! HOLY FUCKING SHIT

You are the worst posters on this board.

If warranty is out they'll probably at least sell it to you. Mine came out of the front panel ez

Yeah, it's 3 years past. Guess I'll still hit them up anyway.

What are you talking about? Phanteks has 5 year warranty on everything ive seen

solder another one

it isn't transparent...

Plug it in lol

shit dude thanks. that worked XDDD

USB sound cards are even cheaper than this