Pssstt, quickly post some nudes. mods are asleep

pssstt, quickly post some nudes. mods are asleep.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_Graphics_Card
techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_780_Ti_Direct_Cu_II_OC/28.html
archive.arstechnica.com/reviews/3q99/bp6/bp6-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this one makes me all tingly in my pants

oh senpai~~

EMC Clariion AX4 storage processor

Celeron 1.4
1GB DDR2 ECC
2GB USB flash
LSI SAS controller
LSI SAS expander
LSI SAS arbitrator

Choice of:
2 port 1gig Ethernet (iSCSI)
2 port 4gig fiber (FCAL)
4 port 4gig fiber (FCAL)

Supports active / active or active / passive configuration.

Mine may or may not run Debian...

>unzips pants

those vrm's make me all warm and fuzzy in my pants

such overkill for a 980

who else here misses aopen and abit?

i miss the all copper heatsinks

>tfw own a fury x

I do. I've got an older KN-9 Ultra that's still reliably churning away. It was my main desktop for a couple years, although it's been demoted to being my home storage server.

And I'm a moron. Pic related.

>that shine
Nice

cant remember the number but my old mobo looked a lot like that. i think that was the one I had a q6600 in

>this thread

This looks like wasted PCB space.

So sexy

i mean im ok with tan but this pale .... UH YES BABY PLEASE

If you're sticking with it, rip off that cooler and put it on a custom loop.
Temps dropped from 61c in ashes to 41c absolute maximum across anything I do.

The 480 Strix (pictured) and 1060 Strix both use the same cooler as the 1070 and 1080 versions, so there's a ton of waste involved. That's why they're so expensive.

> Bad girls anyone?

it does look empty top but underneath could be loaded with traces and when we look at its back we can see the space being used up.

>just waiting to burst
very naughty

arm? really?

that's pretty cool

who doesn't like twins?

that rainbow shine

this one is for all you new sapphire nitro fury owners

gotta say, can't beat the price they have been selling for lately. much better value over a 480 and 1060

seems like asus designed their own pcb for their fury strix. they didn't reuse the stock one like sapphire and others.

wow is that a old serial card?

interesting note for asus 290x's.

it didn't run hot because it used a "nvidia designed" cooler.

it ran hot because asus directcuii cooler was poorly designed.

Sapphire's Nitro is a custom PCB. As is Gigabyte's.

You're literally wrong. The cooler was literally just recycled from their GTX 780, and it worked absolutely fine on that card, because it was designed for that card.

three of the five heat pipes make good direct contact which is plenty enough. considering they are using a direct heat pipe contact, you can only achieve so much contact depending on the die size of the gpu.

but notice something? there doesn't seem to be any contact mount on the heatsink for the vrm's....

>it ran hot because asus directcuii cooler was poorly designed.
ASUS 290X owner here, can confirm. The only company that made a good 290X was Sapphire.

from look at,
it doesn't seem like it. it might have a custom cooler, but the pcb and its layout is nearly identical to reference

oh that's why shit vrm heatsink. such a tiny heatsink for a 250+ wattage card

the reason why it cooled poorly was because of its default bios was set to "quiet mode" which caused the fans to barely spin.

>quiet mode allows the card to reach 94c during load
>Overall, temperatures are good. With 94°C, only the quiet BIOS reaches slightly higher temperatures under load. You, on the other hand, get very good noise levels with the quiet BIOS and are given the choice to focus on either temperatures or noise.
>performance mode dropped it down to 78c

hercules = standard for PC from 1982
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_Graphics_Card

techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_780_Ti_Direct_Cu_II_OC/28.html

with the 780 ti asus shipped a more aggressive thermal limit with the fans. to keep the card under 85c to allow nvidia's boost 2.0 to work.

so the card idled around 81c with the default bios mode.

>Mixing ram
:^)

when we look at its heatsink we see the same thing, only three of the five heat pipes make contact on the 780 ti as well.

not surprising since both the 780 ti and 290x have similar die sizes.

it was really the shitty fan curves asus shipped on the card. the 780 ti only fared better because it shipped with a higher fan curve by default but still low enough that the card ran in the 80c's just not the 90's like on the 290x. asus focused more on noise than temperatures.

Hows the heatsinks on ASUS's 1080s?

even the 780 ti version suffered the atrocious vrm cooling as well. both cards being 250+ watt cards you would think asus would connect the vrm's to the heatsink themselves and not just plop on a shitty small vrm heatsink.

then pair that up with a slow fan curve. very low airflow down to the vrm's by default on both cards. those vrm's probably ran in the upper 90c - low 100c's range.

they learned from their mistake.

they're pretty guudd on the entire strix series this generation for both amd and nvidia.

they ship with a much more aggressive fan curve by default and connect the vrm's directly to the heatsink.

memory cooling is still the same, actively cooled by the fans but they use a split heatsink fan design now. so the center has a gap to allow for better air flow.

1080 strix pcb

i have the 480 strix myself and vrm's never go above 74c and core hovers around 66 - 68c.

Very nice, I was thinking about a Christmas present for myself and this makes the decision easier. Thanks.

I'm surprised nobody has posted a pic of the 290x lightning PCB or those million phase vrm boards that Palit (iirc) make for their hall of fame cards on the Nvidia side. One card they made had something like 22 phases.

Jesus that board layout looks disgusting, even if I know it's to allow for their big cooler.

The Vega Nano can't come out soon enough.

h-here's mine
please be gentle (V●ᴥ●V)

from the looks of it, it seems like evga's classified cards are the only ones worth getting from a pcb standpoint.

That isn't the Nitro, it's the Tri-X, which did use a reference board. Pic related is the Nitro.

Anybody have some decapping pics? That's my fetish.

MODS?

lewd

ooo, ty

>bitchin fast 3D graphics

>All these GPU boards with massively overdone voltage sections
>They are absolutely useless unless you do hardmods to bypass the TDP/power limits of modern chips
>People still buy these and give them wee little air overclocks

Oh god this shit is so hot. We need more of these threads

>tfw own a fury with no unlockable shaders

at least it was cheap

its so cute

One in each slot, to keep her hot.

archive.arstechnica.com/reviews/3q99/bp6/bp6-1.html

Psst...want to see something an acquired taste?

you mean something like the abit FATAL1TY AA8XE?

its fabulous~!~!~!~

when boxes where neat

ITT: chinkshit

time to post some AMERICAN nudies. tight and thicc included. ask/search for datasheets if you want

>ARM
ARM is not American
you mean some British chav skank that'll go with anyone who can stump up some cash?

6th gen single board computer rugged AF

What's that for?

its a computer :^)

Does anyone have any smart phone nudes?

>unzips dick

post gtx 980 lewds

femto com express

octeon processor ocp sw c card / com express module

looks like a candy cane

hows a 950M? the x stands for XTREME

whoops

cpu module for stacking embedded systems

These amd gpu are sooo hot

Only on cards that respond to voltage. Given pascal and maxwell basically don't (the gains are trivial) the need for a beefy pcb isn't there. Especially considering maxwell and pascal run at lower voltages than the likes of kepler.

The opposite is true for a lot of AMD chips.

why did nvidia use heat spreaders on their 8000 series?

Goddamn you went there

would this count as too small?

From one of my favorite high end systems I've worked on, the passive backplane from a Sun e4500/e5500.

be careful with the pins on the top right theyre about to short lol

seems like parallel wouldve been better for some stuff

:^)

Chink tube amp circuitry

>all of that point to point construction

>chip die only touching two heat pipes

I heard you want some gore?

something similiar XD

if youre aware what this is then dont tell!

Anytime you'd plug in or remove a system board my heart rate would elevate a bit. Even more so if I was hot swapping while the system was running. Not only would it have been expensive as hell to replace, but you'd have to pull out all the boards, and then you still had the 25 or 30 screws to crack the chassis in half to remove the backplane.

same as above!

ah damn. looks so cool though! anyways im posting neat stuff so make sure you look closely. zoom in on the text on this for a surprise :^)

my main desktop computer that I'm writing this from has an abit motherboard.

Reported for posting underage.

It was a pretty big machine for it's day, but that was in the late 90s/early 2000s. There were some downsides, like how much power & heat. Plus there was the 10+ minute POST after a cold start.

Each cpu/memory board had 2 CPUs and up to 2GB per board, the whole system could scale from 1 to 7 cpu/memory boards ( you'd need at least 1 IO board for scsi/ethernet/expansion slots ). But with a 6 figure original price tag, it's not something you'd put in the corner at home.

OH MY FUCK YES

diamonds

This thread is retarded and you should feel retarded.