Windows 7 a Shit

>it takes 2 whole days to update a raw Windows 7 through SP1, then Platform Upgrade, then all the hundreds of small updates
And you can't run them all at once either since the TrustedInstaller process would leak RAM into the 12 GB range and swap to hell.

Why on Earth does a subset of Cred Forums still worship this broken piece of shit that is held together by years upon years of hacked-on "updates"?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605
sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html
wsusoffline.net/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/45005-Simplix-Pack-to-update-Live-Win7-System-Integrate-hotfixes-into-Win7-distribution
update7.simplix.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Slipstream it m8.

video gaymer faggots who have half fallen for the privacy meme, but won't give up their man toys

It doesn't. You are on the other 999 idiots here making a thread and asking why it takes hours to update without googling where they could have found the answer in a minute.

>Updating Windows 7

The people who refuse to upgrade to Windows 10 are the same people that refuse to upgrade to Windows 7 back when XP was still popular.

Point?

you're a faggot

no u

This is 18+ site, kid.

>it takes 2 whole days to update
Only if you have a 56k connection.

are you saying if you had say 16gb ram you would actually be okay ?

I mean the HDD grinding.

because I'd quite enjoy to go back to 7 and I have 16gb

just install these updates before you start searching for updates and it will take about 30 minutes to find them all on a clean install.

tested on my own w7 x64 pro.

these are the exact steps:

during the windows installation process after the windows product key step it will ask you if you want or not to auto install the updates, select "ask me later" on that step.

go to control panel>windows update>change settings and select never check for updates. after that activate your windows and restart.

after the restart type services.msc in search and stop the windows update service if it's started. after that begin to install these updates and that .bat file in this exact order:

1. support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104

2. support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

3. support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

4. support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605

5. sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html (select the full one down there).

then start checking for updates only after you run the .bat file from the fifth step and restart.

>he doesn't have an NVMe PCI-E SSD

i forgot to mention DO NOT CONNECT TO INTERNET until you do not set "never check for updates" in the settings, after that you can connect to activate your windows.

Why the actually fuck don't Windows Update just download those "rolled up" updates instead of hundreds of smaller ones then?

There is literally no good reason to update windows 7 if you torrent the SP1 version

Just use WSUS Offline.

It'll do everything from Win7 upwards, Service Packs, Office stuff, and loads more.

wsusoffline.net/

>not having a image with latest updates and software you use on every computer and deploying it over network

pleb

After experiencing that it takes even more than a weekend to update Win 7, I remebered Heise publishing had had a tool to download updates en masse to update Windows machines that are offline. And they still do, now for all Windows versions. Google "wsusoffline", download and unzip. Pick your Windows version and whether you want to burn a CD or create a USB flash drive.
Updates are downloaded onto the USB stick. If you start wsusoffline.exe again on the USB or CD, it behaves differently and installs the updates. You may have to restart a couple of times. The tool tells you when it's done.

This way you can bypass the slooooooow Windows mechanism and run your updates in a few hours.

Windows7 SP1.

Never updated.

Never problems.

what

i did a fresh install of win7 off of a release disc 2 months ago and i was able to get SP1 on it within an hour of the first true boot. it only took a short moment to get the other updates to show up afterwards, though SP1 is the only important part anyways. windows has only ever given me issues with finding updates when i've already been using a computer for a while, though that may be part of the rolling release bullshit.

Try it now, though, and MS will leave you hanging for a loooong time.

False. I upgraded to 7 and absolutely loved it. Win8 was a downgrade
And W10 even more so. Just accept that Microsoft has gone to shit and stop placing the blame on people themselves.

there is an SP2 file you can download which shortens the time by 90%

>OP is too retarded for help
I'll pass, thank you.

>run into one little problem
>OMG WHOLE OS SUX

Do you happen to have a link or proper name?

idiot there are updated iso's on internet just search for them

So how can I open selected file with spacebar?

So ... you're basically advising OP to go through all the trouble installing and configuring all the stuff you need on Windows AGAIN?

Two people ITT recommended wsus offline.
I know that it works, because I had the same problem two weeks ago and wsus offline solved it.

>There is literally no good reason to update windows 7 if you torrent the SP1 version
Patching huge security holes is not a good reason? You fool.

This.

ITT: Tech noobs

Why are you upgrading windows 7? that just adds more spyware to your PC

>getting malware
Yeah, I'm the fool here

>install windows 10 to play game with old mate
>takes 3 hours to finish installing
>installing arch manually takes 20 minutes tops, and that includes downloading

Why is Windows so shitty?

microsoft = asshole
def

>He thinks he is immune because he does not click emails.
Good god people are so fuckin stupid. This board has gone to shit.

>Why is Windows so shitty?
Why is your pc so shitty?

Latest version installs in 20 minutes from my usb stick on an ssd.

Just shut the fuck up, windows 7 is the single greatest OS in history. Go masturbate to your anime pictures on your linux shit eating machine without thumbails.Just go get a life you idiots!

Haven't gotten malware in years, even then it's fucking trivial to remove with programs like MBAM and Hitman Pro out there.

Just use the latest Simplix update pack for Windows 7. It excludes the telemetry/spyware updates.

It can also slipstream the updates into your installer, but I prefer to just run Simplix after installation.

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/45005-Simplix-Pack-to-update-Live-Win7-System-Integrate-hotfixes-into-Win7-distribution

Why would you want that?

>You need to login to view this posts content.
How about a pastebin?

>you need to log in to view this post

God that forum just seems to get worse and worse.

The amount of bullshit I have to put up with on Loonix still outweighs the ease of doing anything on Win7.

I say this as someone who doesn't in the least care for Wangblows.

Simplix is best. One single .exe for all updates.

No telemetry.

This is the main simplix site. It always has the latest pack link.

He keeps that MDL thread updated in English and his main site is in Russian.

update7.simplix.info/

Why are these tools always Russian.

Because copyright prevents people from repackaging the windows updates. All the other tools have to download them from microsoft.

That's why Simplix is the best. Everything in one complete package.

Because is faster. I have arrows on left side of keyboard so I use thumb to open file. In linux it just werks™.

took me 30 minutes for win 10, try upgrading your emachine

>No telemetry.
>willing to install an OS from a vendor you trust so little you go through these pains
>have absolutely everything you don your PC rely on this OS despite this
lol