Best email services I can use from Tor, preferably with my data stored in a zero-knowledge setting

Best email services I can use from Tor, preferably with my data stored in a zero-knowledge setting.

protonmail.com/
tutanota.com/

Are there any others/downsides to these?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-37465853
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>using tor
>doesn't want his data stored
You'd be better off googling 'minecraft hacks working 2016'

Tor to mask my location, everything will be sent over an encrypted channel to me, and it should stay encrypted on the server that holds it.

Tor is pretty much under the control of the goverment.
So, that's what I mean. Do your research, there are alternaltives to Tor, but not as crowded.
And why even bother trying to use the onion router for only as 'free' VPN.
Get yourself a decent VPN, Mulvad reccomended.

Ignoring all that, I am looking for an email service, and if a VPN gets raided my payment details are there....

Dude, check out Mulvad, you can pay with cash or bitcoin.
Plus, unless you are using PGP encrypter mails by standard, without any compremized keys, litterally any email provider will do.
But why e-mail, as other protocols could be alot more secure, (ex. XMPP or even Tox)

I meant, if you use PGP any mail service with decent privacy terms will do.

yea its not like most tor nodes are not already raided and controlled
keep dreaming kid

What emails have these decent privacy terms, Microsoft does not allow Tor login without phonenumber, and same with gmail.

Oh my god.
>hotmail
>GMAIL
You are making me laugh, but also giving me a slight feeling of fear. Good job, NSA. But I am not lettin' ya in.
Like I said, XMPP makes for an alot more secure protocol

AND STOP USING TOR, GET OFF, PLAY OUTSIDE, HAVE FUN, you brainwashed little twat.

>STOP USING TOR

Why?

Read our posts
I am off, because you are giving me an headache with being that sticky to such botnet services.

Cool sources.

Not at all FUD.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post?

I need an email to communicate with organizations and not real time protocols like tox or XMPP also maybe I came here to ask about nonprorietary services and instead of helping me with a list of email companies you trust you bash me. Get bent NSAshill

Sorry man, I am sick and my mood isn't the best, but I only use temporary/public e-mails as when emailing.
But Autisti.ci is quite a good one, but hard to get in. Trust me, I tried.

>Tor to mask my location, everything will be sent over an encrypted channel to me, and it should stay encrypted on the server that holds it.
So why do you care about the security of your email host? lmao

just use gmail

Anyone stupid enough to use Tor after all that happened with it deserves all the pain they get from using it.

also, cock.li

XMPP is not secure, people trust xmpp providers for no reason & the best security people come up with is routing it through tor

>XMPP is not secure
XMPP+OTR is. That's literally the de-facto standard protocol for whistleblowers including snowden

>people trust xmpp providers for no reason
So host your own? Either way, if you have something to hide - use end-to-end encryption and stop giving a shit about the man in the middle.

Tutanota provides end-to-end encryption, so email stored on Tutanota’s servers is encrypted an cannot be accessed or decrypted by staff members. When asked how Tutanota would respond if asked ask by the police to identify a user, a Tutanota staff member said,

‘We would refuse requests. Only if a German court issues a warrant, we can be forced to hand over data. However all data on our servers is encrypted and we do not have access to the encryption keys. So the only thing we could hand out is the metadata (from, to, when), we are working on how to conceal these. We do not log IP addresses and anonymous sign up it possible. We strip IP addresses from mails sent and received to guarantee your anonymity.’

tru,
either way i prefer decentralized connections. using things like tox, it's a lot simpler & cleaner. while maintaining a certain amount of security

>Tox
>secure
right, because some “secure” messaging protocol made by armchair programmers on Cred Forums is surely going to beat OTR (made by security experts)

if you're not planning to use this as a full-time sort of email, i would recommend a tor based email service such as sigaint, to more hide your identity & not to be trailed back to you

XMPP is decentralized. Tox is distributed.

>Tox is distributed
and still can't synchronize messages across clients

it is made in the idea of pertaining internet freedom & privacy. made by the community. & if your whole basis on trust is from "security professionals" & others without forming your own opinion you obviously aren't a creator or contributor.

what, xmpp is hosted on a central server to send data. while tox is p2p transfer through multiple nodes while pertaining e2e encryptiom

>it is made in the idea of pertaining internet freedom & privacy. made by the community.
Nice marketing, but that doesn't work on Cred Forums. Justify your program to me based on technological merit, rather than an appeal to social justice.

>if your whole basis on trust is from "security professionals
As is any sane person's

>without forming your own opinion you obviously aren't a creator or contributor.
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

I see you have absolutely no idea how XMPP works

XMPP's structure is pretty similar to SMTP.

gmail needs me to put in a phone number

>protonmail
bbc.com/news/world-europe-37465853

"Swiss voters have given a strong approval to a law on new surveillance powers for the intelligence agencies.

The new law would allow the authorities to tap phones, snoop on email and deploy hidden cameras and bugs.

It would help Switzerland catch up with other countries, supporters say."

What the shit? since when?

anyway use literally any other email service. If you're using tor, assume every packet you send is being monitored and stored.

>It would help Switzerland catch up with other countries, supporters say.
In the rate of terrorist attacks per capita?

>OTR? Own server hosting
I have my server up to always require an OTR session when starting a chat. It doesn't allow plaintext traffic.
Sometimes PGP too.
Anyhow, goodnight thread. (Not OP but the argueing fag here)

dunno try making a new account, they will want SMS verification, especially from Tor

>try making a new account
can't, I have google blocked

>they will want SMS verification
so everybody with a @gmail.com address sent their fucking phone number to jewgle?

jesus christ, the world keeps getting less and less sane

>can't, I have google blocked
Edgy.