Firefox 53: no support for Windows XP or Vista

>Firefox 53: no support for Windows XP or Vista

>ghacks.net/2016/09/27/firefox-53-no-support-for-windows-xp-or-vista/

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT WILL YOU XP FAGS DO NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1130266#c4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can still use it on XP. It's just not officially supported anymore.

I'm pretty sure that XP fags don't give a fuck about something not being supported anymore

this
xp itself is not supported anymore

>Initially there shouldn't be an issue with running but eventually we'll import a system dependency that will break browser startup.

And someone will fix it and publish his fix.

>15 year old os not supported
>9 year old os not supported
Wow it's fucking nothing

t. xp fags

They're moving XP/Vista fags to ESR. They'll get security updates but no new features after 52. THey might end up pushing 52 for longer than usual just to make sure XPfags move on to something else. Vista is like 1% of the market so they're not really worried about them.

>Still using deprecated xp/vista

You need to leave, op. There's no fucking justifications for still running those these days. Make sure to throw away your nostalgia goggles in your rubbish bin

maybe they just use esr cuckfag

Vista is still supported until mid-2017 and is barely any different to Windows 7 with SP2 installed. There's literally nothing wrong with using it.

It's pretty amazing that 15 years after release and like 2 years after being dropped XP remains popular.

>WHAT WILL YOU XP FAGS DO NOW

Continue to use Pale Moon or another XP-compatible fork.

Mozilla is doing some cleaning, aside from dropping XP/Vista support they're also removing all traces of B2G/FirefoxOS from Gecko. FirefoxOS is officially retired. They also removed the Firefox Hello addon which was another failed experiment.

Just keep using Seamonkey like always because that shit still works on fucking Windows 98.

>Version 51.0a2, first offered to Firefox Developer Edition channel users on September 20, 2016
>Added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback
Nice.

PM is dropping XP support too.

Its like they want to lose their market share

>xp fags want to believe they are a significant enough market share to matter

WINDOWS XP FAGS BTFO

No, it doesn't.

Use Pale Moon

who the fuck uses XP or firefox anymore?

Luddites and alt-hipsters on Cred Forums

>Note that the above plan is tentative until fully approved by our leadership team.
what dependency would a browser need that xp sp3 doesnt have? or is mozilla gonna include a malware driver, like crapcom, so people cant forge request headers?

and also

One would think someone using XP wouldn't choose such a bloated web browser anyway

>WHAT WILL YOU XP FAGS DO NOW
Keep using Opera 12.18 like I have been.

>XP
It doesn't have botnet telemetry. Meaning it's safe to connect to the internet

>Firefox
People that want customizability

There's a fork that supports PowerPC Mac OS X Tiger, what makes you think the same won't be done for XP?

>XP
>no botnet
>no telemetry
retard

oh xp support is gone fo sure
those mozilla fags are getting cucked by google and their reaction is to sit by and let it happen, like the fucking betas they are

>We're currently leveraging Google's chromium sandbox library for content security, and they decided to drop Vista support from their library at the same time they dropped XP support from it. So we've had to rope Vista in as well.

jimm, your a fucking cuck, last time i checked nightly there was no jewggle sandbox
why are you constantly trying to make ff a jewggle chrome reskin? getting payed on the side to let your stuff get fucked?
C U C K
U
C
K

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1130266#c4

My mom

>XP
>Telemetry
Retard

Me

I don't see any reason not to support Vista if they support Win7.

>Meaning it's safe to connect to the internet

:^)

>common sense antivirus 2017

>common autism