/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
BlackBerry won't develop any more phones by itself
gsmarena.com/blackberry_wont_develop_any_more_phones_by_itself-news-20759.php

Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

Alleged official render of the Google Pixel appears
gsmarena.com/alleged_official_render_of_the_google_pixel_with_no_home_sensor_button-news-20716.php

Rumor: Huawei Mate 9 to pack 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, Leica-branded dual-camera
phonearena.com/news/Huaweis-Mate-9-flagship-spotted-in-numerous-colors-with-dual-Leica-cameras_id85886

Huawei Honor 6X is coming; SD625, dual-camera, metallic device set to launch in October 18
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_6x_to_launch_on_october_18-news-20712.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Nexus 6P - Low Light & Night Shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=27IhB8MD_Os

old

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1
amazon.com/LG-G3-Unlockedx200E-Smartphone-Metallic/dp/B00U31HSHO
knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/nokia-c1/23369/nokia-c1-leaks-running-android-windows-10-ahead-q4-2016-launch-A1
en.miui.com/thread-320293-1-1.html
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/54mo3k/many_redmi_3s_users_are_experiencing_a/
en.miui.com/thread-367650-1-1.html
en.miui.com/thread-351233-1-1.html
xiaomi-mi.com/redmi-note-3/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2gb16gb-dual-sim-silver/
xiaomi-mi.com/redmi-note-3-pro/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-2gb16gb-dual-sim-gray/
minideal.net/offical-rom-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-rom-3gb-ram-golden.html
en.miui.com/download-301.html
gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What would be a good cheap phone with a gyroscope, so it can be used with Google Cardboard

>
>Eh, good enough.
>Not that you should buy them anyway, the UI is abhorrent and the one button system is shit.
The ZUK Z2 has a active community. You can flash Cyanogenmod Resurrection Remix or whatever...

>connect my new motoG to the PC to copy some mp3 like I do
>see this today

What happened to the external SDcard? No space available shown and gibberish name.
Is the SDcard dying?
Does it need format?
Shit usb cable?

Have a slight problem.
I got a Xperia Z5 Compact that is sim locked to Vodafone (UK), thinking that being the only issue, I could easily solve by any of those sim unlocking service, or from vodafone if I needed to.

But, after trying to unlock the bootloader (which desu Sony seemed to make it look like it was a really easy process until you look at the small print), I find out that there is a "Bootloader unlock allowed" setting on the phone set to "No", which means I cant unlock the bootloader, so cant flash with any custom roms, or get root, or anything.

Am I fucked? Did I buy a literal brick? Anyone know if there is any way around this? Or even a service that you can pay for to sort it?

I need a modern phone that has glass that doesnt scratch/crack easily

suggestions?

No such thing.
Bunker tampered glass screen protectors

Has anyone here been able to use CM13 on a Redmi Note 3 Pro with the Goodix fingerprint reader?

I hate MIUI but I'm kinda of stuck with it because of that feature.

dont be a fuck up and get a case and tampered glass

Try santosh CM13 with fppatch instead. or RR and mokee.

Why are smartphones so fucking shit nowadays? Every single phone seems to at least have one major shortcoming.

Why is there no manufacturer that makes a phone that has
>5" or less screen
>thin bezels
>1080p resolution
>stock Android
>big battery

inb4 chinkshit incompatible with western LTE frequencies

bumpi fammi

Any way to get a Redmi Note Pro 3 working with O2 in the UK? Kinda want one, but hear there may be 4G/LTE problems.

Failing that, best bang for buck phone right now?

>visitung UNICEF
pls go, ngrlvr

One Plus 3 Masterrace reporting in

It's dead. buy a Samsung SD card next time instead of a shark.

??

>Any way to get a Redmi Note Pro 3 working with O2 in the UK? Kinda want one, but hear there may be 4G/LTE problems.
Look for the special/international edition (aka KATE version), has full 4G bands
Be warned though: it is 2mm bigger and you can't find fitting cases/glass for it

Any way to get a Redmi Note Pro 3 working with O2 in the UK? Kinda want one, but hear there may be 4G/LTE problems.

Failing that, best bang for buck phone right now?

Thanks, anons

What prepaid plan has the best (android) options and coverage?

I've got a couple months left with my iPhone 6 on a family members plan and when that's done I'm going back to having an android. I would prefer prepaid because I just don't feel like doing a contract at the moment.

I don't mind paying full price for a new phone.

Also USA for location.

can a reformat of the card help?

Well it's not like you have choice at this point.

Didn't get an answer last time so.
Android 5.0.1 data usage screen = absolute rubbish compared to 4.1.2 version. Can't even set it to show only a days worth of usage and whatnot.
Any way to make it like 4.1.2? Cause I didn't really even find any settings for it. If not, what should I download as a replacement?

OnePlus Three inbound in a month, lads.

What do I do with my life in the meantime?

it works though. I can copy and delete mp3s and also play them back .
the folder opens, it just shows all gibberish on windows explorer.

End them.

I'm in Cyanogenmod, any way to customize deeply how the phone looks aside from installing launchers?

Wonder if now that the phone is rooted I can do something else.

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1

T-this is fake !!

Except for the 1080p display, the moto g play is exactly all of those things. The only 3 flaws are no gyro, no nfc, and no 802.11ac. Otherwise, it's perfect. I bought a 10,050mAh Anker powercore+ because I thought the 2800mAh battery wouldn't be enough, but on a 5" IPS LCD @ 720p the battery life and screen on time are phenomenal for a $150 phone.

>inb4 all the ~$150 chinkshit phones
None of them are CDMA, which rules out 2 of the 4 big US carriers.

I legit do not understand why Cred Forums praises an oem that has been caught MULTIPLE times shipping out phones preloaded with spyware, malware, and massive security holes that are implemented intentionally.

Does it really matter what the specs and price are when you're buying a phone that's part of an ACTUAL Chinese botnet and not the shitty meme incorrect definition Cred Forums uses?

I can tell by the pixels.

What are some good chinkshit for /fit/ type people?

Any good food scale than can automatically track calories, on your phone?
Measurement tool for body fat?
Are mi bands 1 accurate for running and sleep?
Bike computers?
Would various small items like pushup bars, ab wheels or jump rope be good on there or should I just get them here?

What's the latest on the pixel?

The logic goes "the people who know are all the way over there so it's okay", which is normie-tier at best

Still looks like a shitty iPhone. I pray that the official release turns out less disappointing than the leaks.

I've been using the 2013 Moto X since it came out, and I'm really pleased with it.

Only things I'd change;
>slightly larger screen but not fuckhueg can't-fit-in-pocket size
>better camera
>microSD card slot

There's really nothing else I could want from this phone, I don't even really see why I'd want anything with more processing power than this.

To the dude willing to sell his 5x:
how much for it, sempai?

It's been so long since I've used a phone without Cyanogenmod that I can't remember what difference it makes. Can I properly root and rice a phone without it? Is it necessary to get rid of manufacturer bloat, and is there any phone worth getting that isn't full of bloat without needing to install a rom?

I am honestly surprised at how few fucks Cred Forums gives about the demise of Blackberry. They were the lastcompany to try something interesting with Android and now they're out of the game. All phones are now basically the same but with slightly different specs. A real shame, I think.

Literally Xperia XA. Too bad it isn't a flagship

Is there any reasonably recent phone with microSD and decent battery life, that can be riced well, isn't oversized and isn't full of bloat? I don't care about how shit the camera is.

HTC 10 gets about 3.5-4.5h SOT, no bloat if unlocked, and and can unlock bootloader, if you got the cash

The Moto G4 is okay if you don't overheat it.
If you're in Europe or don't mind limited 4G, the Redmeme gets great SOT and has Cyanogen.

The HTC doesn't have heat issues, does it? My One M8 has given me enough of that.

It's pretty cool outside of charging. I don't think it's even gotten as hot as my last phone with a SD808 in normal use.

iphone 5s,and the se.

Considering getting either ZTE ZMAX Pro or Moto G4 Plus. If you know any other cheap phones (x

Oh and it's gotta have a fingerprint reader

Would a Nexus 5X still be worth it? I can get the 32GB variant for €200 and since I'm a europoor my budget is €250-ish.

I've also thought of getting the Xiaomi Mi5, but I like stock android.

So I received the oxygen 3.1.2 update earlier and it figuratively blew up my phone. Ever since updating it says Google play services isn't running because it needs to be updated, however that can't be updated because the play store keeps crashing when opened.
GG, what do?

Look it up. Overheating only happened when charging with non HTC quick chargers.
ZUK Z2 Axon7 LelEco Max 2

Forgot to mention I have a oneplus two

iphone se

took me 15sec to realize she's dabbin

Pixel phone. Save the bezels.

Redmeme note 3 pro

I feel you. The closest thing to that is the Z5C. But im not sure about that 720p display...

this is why i just ordered the moto g play for 150 bucks.

i think the european version may have nfc but i cant confirm until it has been shipped to me. i've seen't an unboxing from a britcuck and his had nfc.

in the same boat, at this point I think I might end up biting the bullet and getting the 6P

really really really hoping the Pixel is not everything it's rumored to be

For HTC devices, do I need to relock the bootloader to apply a RUU?

Using the RUU from the HTC US website fails, I'm not sure if it's because my bootloader is unlocked or if the region is incompatible.

Is the moto G4 a good purchase?

For $150, what can beat a new, unlocked 32GB LG G3?

So if I want to get a phone financed by T-Mobile what should I look into? I'm hoping the Pixel comes to T-Mobile but the rumor is Verizon exclusive and I don't have the cash to buy an unlocked one.

Coming from a Nexus 6 it's alright. I can talk about it if anyone cares.

I'm mainly looking for a good camera and battery life, so the S7 and iPhone 6S look like they could be alright.

Who gives a flying fuck about 1080p when the screen is smaller than a flaccid dick

Non-blind people

Get 1 + 3

Thoughts on ZTE Axon 7?

Best bang for the buck flagship out there. You get the 4GB of RAM, 1440p screen, SD 820 SoC of other more expensive phones. Only real issue is that the SD 820 on it does tend to throttle more than on other phones but not by much.

Has there been any word on the 6gb version release date/price?

this desu

what kind of case should I get? I'm looking for attention but I want some subtlety too

Rumor is they will release it around October but probably won't be worth the price. You can pretty much rest easy with 4GB of RAM for a few years though. Hell I have trouble saturating all my 3GB of RAM on my Note 4 with chrome, youtube, and a bunch of other apps open doing a bunch of things. What's more important imho is the micro SD card you get. You should probably invest in a 256GB micro SD card with 90MB/s write speeds. That way you won't have to upgrade the micro SD card for a while. Amazon has one from amazon for $179 right now but WD has threatened to sell a 256GB micro SD card to compete against that but not sure if it will be worth the wait.

For what phone nigga?

>pic is something I would get for an s7

Doesn't the axon 7 only support up to 128 gb sd cards though?

Dont know if this is the right place to ask but got a Samsung S6, looking for an app that would let me configure my modem/router/repeater on my home, dont know if it's possible but apparently one of the guys on my ISP said it was possible.

My ISP wont let me configure my settings on my PC without using their useless site.

Not at all. It has a micro SDXC slot so it's guaranteed to support up to 2TB micro SDXC cards when they come out.

galaxy note 5. Is an anime case acceptable in public?

>Is an anime case acceptable in public?
I think you know the answer.

Is there a good phone os that isn't a literal nsa backdoor? If not, which one is the closest to respecting user info?

>still believing this meme
720x1280 on 4.6" gives a dot pitch of 0.0796mm
That's below 1 minute of arc at >28cm
How often do you hold your phone at

Then why was I able to tell the difference between by S5 and S7? 1080p on a phone is already low res but 720p is pretty much just dogshit.

1080x1920 on 5.1" gives 0.0588mm dot pitch, giving

>1080x1920 on 5.1" gives 0.0588mm dot pitch, giving

>text looked smoother and images more "clear".
Like I said, placebo.
Even if you were 20:10, any single pixel will literally be indistinguishable at >30cm.
>but muh bigger number

>>text looked smoother and images more "clear".
>Like I said, placebo.
>Even if you were 20:10, any single pixel will literally be indistinguishable at >30cm.
>>but muh bigger number
Have you even owned a phone with a 1440p screen or do you just like talking out of your ass?

>no, science is wrong!
>muh placebo!

Yup you've never owned a phone with a 1440p screen. How pathetic. Are you that fucking poor that you can't even afford an LG G3? Christ.

>but they're more expensive, and the marketing people tell me that they're better! so my placebo MUST be more true that science

Supposedly Microsoft France mentioned MS is pulling out of the consumer market. Kind of sucks, I really hate Android's interface and the way it handles installing apps on an SD card.

My Z5C charging port exploded from a bad cable. Got extra cash laying around and decided to stay with Sony. I'm having a hard time visualizing how the XZ blue color would look in person. Anyone seen one of these first hand? How does the new metal back feel compared to the glass of old versions?

Just make a real life comparison dude, you can do that, right?

Why are Sony phones so aesthetically pleasing?

I have, yes.
It's called an eye exam.
I'm 'normal', ie ~6/6 or ~20/20.
Thus, I know that I could not distinguish 2 white pixels separated by a single black pixel at greater than ~20cm on a 5.1" 1080*1920 screen, or ~27 cm on a 4.6" 720*1280 screen.
I'm sorry to hear that you still believe in marketing magic, though.

Read the post you just responded to once or twice again, Mr. 20-20.

man stfu, you're obviously broke as shit. The LG G3 is dirt cheap ($199) and still has a 1440p screen.

amazon.com/LG-G3-Unlockedx200E-Smartphone-Metallic/dp/B00U31HSHO

Do you not understand what an eye exam measures?
Protip: It's visual acuity. The exact same thing that would allow you to notice a difference from increased pixel density.

Read a book, retard.

I don't get it.
RN3P China version doesn't support 4G right?
Why does some sellers say it does? Will I be chinked?

lmao look at this ultra poorfag sperging out

Using one right now, I like it very much

>ctrl+v v20
>no results
I just watched a review on it that claimed the display to be "meh" with some backlight bleeding. Granted, the phone being reviewed is a tech preview but it makes me a bit anxious desu

Will i feel the size leap from a MotoX II to an S7?

Doesn't surprise me. The G5 has light bleeding issues as well

Isn't the s7 5.1 inch screen size

I meant the full size of the phone.. The S7 is taller.

Eh. You'll have capacitive buttons instead of on screen buttons, but it won't feel that much different

Do a line by line code security review of Android and then recompile it yourself (on a compiler you also did a line review of, and compiled on your own bootstrapped basic compiler).

As much as I hate how retarded that guy is
>pretending
to be

I wanted to point out that there's some reason to believe that while humans with normal vision can consciously distinguish about 1 minute of arc, higher resolutions (up to twice that) might be perceptible as "smoother", presumably because there's some kind of retina level edge detection that goes on in how our rods perceive and filter light.

I'm pretty sure they did a double blind triangle test for those resolutions, though I'm having trouble finding a source for that.

>z5compact charging port goes boom

now I'm scared. I actually want to get this phone.

Why is no one mentioning the game changing V20?

also any rn3p users in Netherlands? Experiences?

I just bought a Xiaomi Red Note 3 Pro, is it possible to charge it wirelessly through NFC?

What? Do you even know what nfc is?

Using Nova Launcher and I want the default Homescreen Weather Widget to be smaller, as in the entire thing resized, like same aspect ratio but just taking up less room. Is there.some setting I am missing?

Thanks user. RR is working perfectly here with some patches

Have you tried... Resizing the widget

Nah, it was some shitty chinese magnetic cable that what I assume caused some kind of short, my phone shut off immediately after plugging it in after almost a full year of no problems with a normal cable. It was a fantastic phone, I almost want to get another one.

how was the batterylife in general? I always hear about overheating and shit even when doing general browsing and shitposting?

Yeah, it causes things to get cut off. I cannot find a way to do an aspect ratio maintained resize,

Got my first Android phone recently. After Clover and F-Droid, what are some must-have Cred Forums apps for this phone? What's the launcher everyone uses?

also please free apps only.

see

> →
but senpai what launcher do I use?

Average, holds up for a whole day. You'll need to keep an eye on it if you're going to game/watch something on it for extended periods. I keep brightness max since I work outside and I also don't use stamina mode. So you could probably squeeze more time out of it if you're more savvy.

Never had a problem with overheating. No problems with general work and browsing. It does warm up during gaming. I've tried playing Starlight Stage on max settings ontop of using SCR to record the screen and it has never ran as hot as my previous Z3 did during normal gaming.

Nova or apex

I'd like some advice on a new phone, since my Moto G's 3G stopped working over the past few weeks. I was pretty satisfied with it in general, and it lasted me just over two years.

Ideally, I'm looking for a phone in the €300 range. The camera isn't hugely important for me, but I do like the ability to plug in an SD card (the Moto G model I had did not have this). In general I just want something reliable that'll last me the next two or three years. I liked the Moto G's size (4.5in), and would prefer a phone that's not that much bigger, if possible.

I'm also going to China in like a month, but since I don't speak Chinese I'm kind of hesitant to pick anything up there without knowing exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm in Europe (Belgium) and my provider is Mobile Vikings.

Only problem with that is the brands name, sounds cheap tbqh. Otherwise it's a v. v. good phone.

Flud for downloading my gay anime on the go
Tachiyomi for reading gay manga on the go
VLC is alright on Android for media, but MX player works fine too

Thanks, I'm looking for a compact device. Since the SE is not my thing (and I don't like iOS in general) that only leaves the sony phones. the x compact has a fucking glossy back and the z3 compact has constant reports of screens cracking on a random basis so that only leaves the z5 compact for me.

I guess I'll root it and remove gapps in the end. Should last for a solid two days then.

What would be the safest way to be a chinese phone like xiaomi or oneplus? I wanna get one but they're not available here.

On further investigation, the Moto G4 Plus seems like a good bet. 5.5in but with 4GB RAM for about 270 euros. Does anyone have any experience with this model, or are there better phones I can get for a similar price?

>RN3P out for delivery via DHL
>Scheduled delivery: by the end of today

What the fug man. Even shitty Hermes has a system that texts me to say it's on delivery No. 45 and you are No. 50 so you at least know to get your ass home.

Surely a logistics company should b able to give a timeframe of 2-3 hours for deliveries. Fucking useless Germancucks.

What the fug is going on? Heathrow and Gatwick is like 40 miles apart and it keeps going back and forth.

Quantumdeliviery

The package was actually in EMA airport which is 20min away from me. They have a DHL warehouse there and their own runway. It then went to fucking London. Really don't get it.

Delivery day keeps changing between today and tomorrow. DHL is fucking worthless.

>half hour after it was out with delivery courier it says 'departed from Heathrow again

What a clusterfuck

Does anyone still have the LG V10? If so, how's the performance and battery life?

I have a Note4 and I love everything in it but I hate:
>ads
>bloatware
>bluetooth security not allowing me to use PS3 controllers etc.

What do? I simply want those three things - ads out, bloat out, ps3 controller.

I've heard stuff about S Pen or other critical stuff like Google maps or shit breaking but I don't know if it's a meme.

Anyone with an S7 wanna share experiences?

Go to the play store and look up cmte themes personally I like euphoria dark.

is the One Plus 3 worth upgrading too?

I'm looking into getting a dump phone Cred Forums, for emergencies. What's one I can get that has these features?

- sim card slot
- 300 hours standby time or greater
- cheap
- can text & call

I'm on t-mobile btw

K10000

Considering Alcatel line of phones for girlfriend.

Really don't want to put out 400$ for a fucking phone she'll only be using to browse facebook, netflix, audiobooks & swagbucks/couponing.

>Country
USA
>Carrier
AT&T
>Budget
120 USD Preferred, if flex pay available willing to go up to 400USD
>Features
Front facing Speakers, or just good loud speakers, Internal & End-User improvable storage solutions. Bluetooth. decent battery life thinking 3000

She spider-glassed her Active4 and I'm unsure if it's worth a repair considering she got it for 120$

>Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination

Holy fuck how is DHL even still getting business. What a bunch of useless cocksniffers.

That's not exactly the price range I was looking for.
I already have a smartphone. I'm only going to use this one for text and call. This has way too many features.

knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/nokia-c1/23369/nokia-c1-leaks-running-android-windows-10-ahead-q4-2016-launch-A1

Will ebin Nokia save us from the clutches of Samshit?

I've had a Lumia 735 for like 3 years but I broke it and now I need a new phone.
What would be a good new phone? I just want something fast that's not too different to Lumia
(UK, Virgin, No budget)

>windows
There's pretty much only a few windows phones

Don't really want a windows phone anymore, it worked fine for a long time but its starting to seem dated.

Since every new phone that came out this year is garbage, do we have anything to look forward to in 2018?

Everything else is gonna be different as fuck for you in that case
The best starter Android experience I can recommend are Nexus 5x/6p or HTC 10

With that article and your dubs the signs are good :D

Everything below that is utter shit. Dumbphones are a dead market literally no company around the planet is investing in it since at least half a decade. The only dumphones that still are produced are these big letters elderly people thingys. Good luck finding a phone, grandpa.

Nexus 6P? Discuss

is the oneplus 3 battery life as bad as ive read?

>I fell for the Oneplus 3 meme

I sent it in because half the screen went blue, and now when it's in the service center buttons and shit are falling off from it?

I'm typing this on my Oneplus One which still runs fine after 2 years, I knew I should've kept this until it becomes unusable

I will probably get the 6p if the pixel turns out to be disappointing. Currently running nexus 4

V20 or note 7?

I wanted to get a blackberry soon, now that they are giving the manufacturing to another company, does this compromise their security?

I'm writing this on an oneplus one. Gonna upgrade soon, I've had this for close to two and half years now. Battery's shit and keeps on losing reception, wouldnt have the need otherwise.

why no manufacturer is putting a 1/1.7" bsi stacked sensor with copper wirings and f1.4 35mm glass lens on their phones?

Looking for phone.

>US Verizon
>removable battery with good life
>SD card slot
>minimum 3gb ram
>1080p screen
>ability to root
>good quality camera (forget the MP thing and just compared to flagships)
>4.7 in screen (or 5.0 if they don't exist)

64GB sandisk is $15.
i don't get why would anyone buy a chink sd card.

Not sure if it'll work with Verizon since I'm a yuropoor, but Zuk Z2?
>1080P, 5.0 in screen
>4GB RAM
>3500mAh battery (not removable though)
>Decent camera
>SD card slot
>Active community with a lot of ROM's

are you batman?

boku no pico case.

>his phone is not 4k.
what a pleb.

redmi 3s

> buy Redmi Note 3 Pro
> wait a month for it to arrive
> it has a Goodix fingerprint sensor

my luck with chinks and pajeets is absolutely terrible. fuck this meme and fuck chinks.

>using fingerprint sensor

also, for anyone wondering. I bought this device from geekbuying.

it also came with MIUI 8 and the bootloader was already unlocked (possibly unofficially?)

I'm almost certain it's a resold device that was returned because it has Goodix.

PIXEL WHEN

I HAVE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE WORTH IT

PROBABLY NOT

REEEEE

It's a nice phone, but it's very prone to having numerous issues. I know, because I had one. It's fast, the battery life is very much OK and fast charging is great. HOWEVER: My 5x suffered from bad pixels, random restarts, failing camera, broken compass and on top of this the fingerprint scanner broke down completely. If you google any of these issues, you can find out that they are quite common. Of course it doesn't mean that if you buy one you will have any problems with it whatsoever. Like I've said, when it works it's a great phone for the price. If you're feeling lucky then go ahead, otherwise look somewhere else.

If you do decide to buy one, just remember a couple of things:
1. Don't buy the white version unless you're okay with it being dirty and ugly very quickly.
2. Charging with screen on is EXTREMELY slow, to the point of even slowly losing charge while being plugged in to the stock charger. This is a normal behaviour, confirmed to me by LG.
3. Camera is good but slow to lunch and not fast in general.
4. The vibration motor is a little on the loud side.
5. Weird performance issues happen, like Google Play Music being laggy and having choppy animations. Never happened to me on my Nexus 4, but happened on 5X a lot.

What is a better deal, Cred Forumsuys?
Nexus 6P for €270
Huawei P9 Lite for €80

Obviously the 6P is a better phone, but is it €190 better?

P9 lite for 80 eurobux is a steal. Are you buying used?

Where can you find 6p for that? I'll move there.

nah, my mum prolongs her contract and I'm taking the phone and paying for it. It's ~€72 including the monthly lease for 24 months. I have never had a non-nexus smartphone so I'm a little afraid of EMUI, but at the price it's tempting. To be precise, it will be a 2GB version.

EMUI sucks bad but you can just install nova launcher.

The security probably will not be compromised, but at this point they are all going to be shitty slab phones running stock Android. Of which there are many other choices available.

Blackberry would have been fine if they beefed up the Classic and stuck Android on it, rather than putting all their eggs in the Priv basket. Don't get me wrong, the Priv is a great phone, but betting everything on a brand new, high-end device that cost iPhone money was an exceptionally poor management decision.

It's a price on contract, including 24 month lease. Normally 6P is €400-420 here.

Thanks, that's good to know, I am indeed aiming for a priv right now but I'll be also considerig a passport.

I mostly care about privacy and the physical keyboard but I'm aming to the priv due to the fact that the passport seems too large.

MX runs cooler than VLC if u don't have a case and like to watch week stuff

If Verizon, you can't unlock. Fucking assholes. I'm about to bail on Verizon. Also, my phone gets hot.

Is the X Compact worse in almost every way than the Z5 Compact or am I just being retarded?

Are Sony phones good? Do they have good battery life?

it has better batterylife. If you don't mind a glossy back, a slower cpu and missing waterresistance then go for the x compact I guess.

>OP3
>18% left
>Maps used for an hour
>YouTube used for almost 3
>Tons of Clover, Facebook, Snapchat combined of at least 3 hours
>Dozed well overnight

Glad to say this phone is p good m8

I'm writing this on an oneplus one. Gonna upgrade soon, I've had this for close to two and half years now. Battery's shit and keeps on losing reception, wouldnt have the need otherwise.

because the person that posts this link in every thread, and you, are fucking retarded and don't understand how shit works (security, programming, services, etc)
the article and the source don't even give any tangible clues on how this is a security issue. meanwhile, the phones you buy from many other vendors, and the apps you install, have more or less the same security issues, yet you fags don't say a thing about them.

Why I sold it desu

Charging issues
Low battery
Heat
Lag

But when it works, its amazing

also
>muh chyna scapegoat
the intelligence agencies your government has aren't there to defend or protect you, they are there to defend the interests of big corporations and the govt itself.
china, russia, etc., are great political scapegoats to distract the masses when issues arise, e.g., hillary clinton

That's pretty nice, user!

How would you describe your experience so far? Planning on ordering it tomorrow!

Near flawless?
Unlocking bootloader was a breeze, gonna root down the road.
No hiccups under my daily tasks.
No GPS issues (I travel from place to place for my work)
Audio is p clear and loud for bottom speakers
Had my gf sit on it (with a cheap Spigen case) for an hour by accident during a concert and no physical damages whatsoever

Any other q I can help ya

I was looking to change my cellphone mostly to use to game while at work, my budget is 500$, would like it to be unlocked so i can use it in Argentina. Any recommendations?

Sounds pretty great, have you tried recording during the concert? Most cell phones I had were horrible recording during a concert. Also, does it receive the cell signal without any issue at all?

Thanks for the answers!

anyone here has/had a xiaomi mi4c for more than a few months? is it still good? do you have any issues (battery, buttons, display, ...)?

I never rooted my phone but I plan to when my Redmi Note 3 pro arrive so here's my questions about Cyanogenmod,
I read somewhere about there's huge security flaw in MIUI 7, and unfortunately Redmi Note 3 pro uses MIUI 7 so If I plan to root my phone and install Cyanogenmod can i update my MIUI? or is it not necessary because I already installed Cyanogenmod?

REPOSTAN FROM /CSG/!
(Cross-thread)
>• user's first smartphone is a Redmi 3S
-----WARNING-----

Threadly reminder NOT to to buy the Redmi 3s!!
It has a terrible bug that stops you from getting network signal at all, OR it reverts backs to 2G even if 3G and 4G are fully supported.

It has been the top confirmed bug on Xiaomi's forums for over 2 months, and does not seems to be getting fixed!

Look here:
>Official bug tracker of the network issue:
en.miui.com/thread-320293-1-1.html

>Many Redmi 3S users are experiencing a fundamental fault with mobile network connection that Xiaomi are refusing to aknowledge.
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/54mo3k/many_redmi_3s_users_are_experiencing_a/

>The useless 3S /w network problem
en.miui.com/thread-367650-1-1.html

>Redmi 3S Mobile Network Not Available
en.miui.com/thread-351233-1-1.html

It happens on every ROM, stock or otherwise. the latest stable global rom 8.0.3.0 didn't fix it either.

It doesn't happen on the Redmi 3 (non s) and RN3P, so it might be a hardware fault which is why Xiaomi is unable to fix it. so buy them them instead! don't get chink'd!

-----WARNING-----

nice, ive been looking at that phone

im used to a z3c though so its a lil bigger

>5" or less
Why?

Thanks for the warning, user.

>buy new phone
>haven't had a proper smart phone in years
>time to download some apps
>apps want access to everything including your soul

jesus really?

>using non foss apps from the play store
lmaoing at your life

are you canadian by any chance

it used to be they wouldn't ask at all or would completely break if you denied them

It's already on MiUi 8. anyway you can install CM13 if you want.

I am able to get an iPhone 7 (32GB Black) through a friend who's working at Apple for 150$. Should I go for it? Or should I avoid this chance and buy an android? I don't know what to do.

Buy it and resell it.

well no shit, it's not like I know any better

I know, which is why I've been reluctant to buy a new phone, but now I had to since I need some of the apps while travelling.

guess there's no choice but to let them have it

I live in Canada on a big network (Fido) and there has been no problems with 4G.

As for video filming, I'm not one to record much at all. I actually just went to a concert the other day and I shot the sunset with the stage using snapchat (not a real indication of quality) but it looked decent.

Don't expect high specs camera here user.

I'd see that as a great oppurtunity as I'm getting a nice phone(pls don't shit on me, I'm an Android fan boy actually) for that price. Go for it man.

I'm looking for a custom ROM for my lg g3, what should I install, CM or one of those trillion gazillion CM/AOSP-based roms like Ressurection Remix, ParanoidAndroid or XenonHD?

What's the biggest catch when getting a chinkphone?

Lack of updates, bad/long warranty services, chinese botnet, low amount of community mods/roms or?

So you can actually hold it and operate it comfortably in one hand

LTE not compatible
Shitty customer service
Possible backdoors

there are communities and mod support for most chinkphones. Warranty is your biggest problem since you are pretty much fuckend if the phone breaks.

>It's already on MiUi 8
The fuck?
xiaomi-mi.com/redmi-note-3/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2gb16gb-dual-sim-silver/
>MIUI 7.0

Another question, should I root my new phone immediately or should I wait and how long? because In case of defective.

>What's fdroid

same user, wrong link xiaomi-mi.com/redmi-note-3-pro/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-2gb16gb-dual-sim-gray/

So what's the verdict on the 5s?

Looks like a solid phone, how does it hold up against the one plus three?

get on fdroid and install apps you like. There are alternatives that are far far less intrusive than the ones on google play.

See this thread for suggestions

thanks, I'll check it out

we have no verdict since we haven't seen one in action. Looks good tho. A bit too big for my taste but certainly on my list for possible phones right now.

>Mi4s
>Honor 6
>Near perfect phones
>Don't work in the US

it's called a Pixel poorfag

Doesn't fit my needs (as far as i know)

>greatest phone ever assembled
>doesn't fit my needs

I'm looking for a new smartphone with the following specs:

- Android
- Cyanogenmod support
- at least 3000 mAh battery
- support for central European LTE bands
- midrange price, around 250-350€
- headphone jack
- at least 2 GB RAM
- no more than 5.7''

Thanks in advance for any replies.

This is the single cuckest post ive seen the entire month

mi5, op3

OP3

BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD

OnePlus X is fairly close, the battery is not massive, but it chugs along for a day of medium use.

It has a super cute pink version? By far superior.

one of the comfiest phones ever

OnePlus 3 fits your needs

Kind of wondering if I should buy a z3 or go for some chink shit. If it helps I'm in the US, with T-Mobile, and lookig to spend under 400 bucks

if you use a kb other than the default it lags the text input when you type from somewhere other than the end of a message. it also doesnt give red lines anymore. its also possible that if you use the bar at the top of the keyboard to correct your text it will take its sweet time, and if your like me and you tap on the suggestion and tap to the end of the message, it will paste the correction wherever you moved the cursor. its really miserable dogshit if your not normal. themes are pretty ok though. the 1+3 is better in every way so i wouldnt buy it unless you really want the status

Don't fall for chink meme user, get yourself a real phone.
Z3 or s5 either good

Anyone know of any 120-200$ phones with forward facing speakers?

I know one of the IDOLs has dual forward facing speakers. But any others?

htc one m8 used maybe

I should add this is for AT&T Eastern US.

Has anyone bought anything from minideals?

I'm interested in this and I wonder if I should buy it from that site, since the price is far cheaper that in my country,
minideal.net/offical-rom-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-rom-3gb-ram-golden.html

Also, asking for a friend, how can I make the microSD in an Xperia E3 the internal memory since the memory of that phone is horrendous.

I'm having a real tough time deciding

I want the axon 7 because of that sweet sweet audio and those front facing speakers. There's also a deal on Newegg that bundles it with a free 10500 portable charger. It's also got a better display (2k) and such but I don't really care about all that, I can't tell the difference past 1080p (what the OP3 has). It's also got a slightly bigger battery.

I want the Oneplus 3 for the smoother software experience (4gb of ram vs 6gb). It also irons out some of the quirks the A7 has, like having backlit front buttons. Its got a slightly better camera (not too into photography) and overall looks nicer. Plus the fingerprint reader is on the front, which is a personal preference for me.

What would be your choice, Cred Forums?

>htc one

Any others I'm having a miserable time finding recent models used for sale on Amazon (Prime Membership)

I had a bad experience with fucking Ebay. I'd rather not go there.

Thanks friend

redpill me on the galaxy 7 note. i want to buy something new after my sgs 4 which i had for 3 years.
the note interests me because the size, i was thinking fo getting a pad but eventually that would be wasted money for me personally.

boom boom

Nexus 6p

Assxon 7 fucking chink RIP-off

Who you think u memeing with this

>Nexus 6p
Out of my price range

>fucking chink RIP-off
Explain?

OP3

Just moved to UK for a postgrad degree and looking for a phone

>UK, no idea on carrier yet, possibly giffgaff or Three
>good battery life
>Dual Sim and/or SD card
>Internet Tethering
>+- 5in screen

>buy s7 exynos on amazon
>Said it would be here friday
>Tracking says it's out for delivery now
>Signature required
>Got the day off
>On my couch under the cover waiting for new phone to arrive

Is there a comfier feeling, Cred Forumsents?

Should i do the free iphone 7 tradin offer with verizon or something else?

I mean is there anything THAT much better that warrants switching to laggy android

ZUK Z2

I mean you only have to search iphone 7 impressions on twitter or facebook to get the general consensus on that device. Never really been against apple devices but android does all the same shit these days with the benefit of customization and head phone jacks and all that. Verizon has all the good flagships too, so you can really switch to anything.

My brother was a long time apple fanboy, and he actually got converted by the oneplus one a few years back, of all phones. Go play with some at the verizon store.

So most of the modern front speaker HTC One's are out of my price range.

Anyone know of any others for AT&T in the US?

'cause it looks like I'm stuck with one of the IDOL3s

What is your price range

Holy shit DHL is fucking retarded

The motoE2 is literally the same for half the price
I can't believe lelnovo rehashed their budget low end phone into their next year mid ranger

I fucking hate it when they don't give you a timeframe. I'm waiting for one currently and it will be delivered between 8am and 6pm or something.

>Look around on the local used goods trading site
>Galaxy express 2
>150€
>"See the price! No haggling!"

How can people think they will ever sell this cold piece of shit for that price? It was literally cheaper when new YEARS ago. You can't even get it anymore. I think the new express is even cheaper.

It boggles my mind why someone would even bother with the time making an advert like that. Do actual real retards exist who buy the first thing they see pop up for any price?

hi Cred Forums, what are the good apps to manage 10 mail accounts on android? The stock one or on the playstore?

It's 4 now, there thing says "by 8pm". But yeah. It's essentially whenever they decide to show up.

I won't be going for a dump until I fucking have it

>Threadly reminder NOT to to buy the Redmi 3s!!
Thanks senpai, I was about to buy it, guess I should save up for the Zuk Z2 or just get the 3 Pro
Does the Redmi 3 has Marshmallow nowadays?

If only they had a

Good luck senpai

Is this affecting Redmi 3 Pro?

I'd like it to stay under 200$. My dumbass broad is pining for a 400$ phone.

All she does is Couponing/Swagbucks, Facebook, Netflix & Audiobooks.

I've made the mistake of making her aware of shitty hardware. But she doesn't know a fucking thing about tech in general. other then IT'S SLOW!

No
There's 3 major Redmi 3 variants
The Redmi 3, the Redmi 3X and the Redmi 3S
Some of those variants have Pro versions, for example your Redmi 3 Pro
This bug apparently only affects Redmi 3S phones, not the Redmi 3 or Redmi 3 Pro and probably neither the Redmi 3X

Have you looked into the moto x pure? Think it can be had for 250 at the moment. Front facing speakers, decent specs the the price. Only really downside I've noticed was the battery life, but charger it comes with charges it fast.

Version: V8.0.2.0.LHOMIDG (MIUI8)
en.miui.com/download-301.html

Unless your'e planning to flash CM13 don't bother with unlocking and all that shit.

anyone?

>Got a Galaxy 4 that's supposedly fixable
>Flashed Odin
>Now my WiFi and Cell Network access won't work.
>Haven't bothered with it since.

What kind of fucked up logistic is this?

Note 7s are bursting into flames. Lol

I also saw iPhone7 bursting into flames. wtf is happening and everything goes up in flames lately?

I like the Samsung Galaxy Note 5's look and features, but I'm pretty poor and can't afford to drop $650 on a new phone right now. What's something nearer to $300?

I have an iPhone 5 right now and just want to upgrade.

If you get a note 5 in good used condition it wouldn't be anywhere near 650. Closer to 400.

>Why are smartphones so fucking shit nowadays?

Because tech-tarded normies ruin everything by requiring someone or something to hold their hand every step of the way when using tech and they refuse to learn anything they deem to be "complicated".

gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php

Funny thing is East Midlands airport is like 10miles from me. DHL has a massive warehouse there for the Midlands yet it ended up back in London first. If that shit isn't in an over night delivery up to my end I'll be pissed.

Where's a good place to buy unlocked phones in Canada? Amazon is only showing huge prices, totally out of my range.

OnePlus X, just check that it has the right frequencies for your carrier

Root it, that should be able to fix your problems

My bootloader cannot be unlocked and I can still get root no problem.

Can't flash a custom ROM tho

Check swappa for good used stuff.

>Oneplus 3 with community built rom now features 1080p60fps recording and it is actually good

Ok, there is no more reason to not buy this phone anymore other than the huge size, which is uncomfortable to hold and doesn't fit into most trousers.

The screen is still okayish, but you have to consider the pricing.

random thread was no help
looking for: 4G capable flip phone. Android preferred. success in importing korean models?

Any non-botnet, libre or open-source Excel app for android?

Samsung W2016
Gionee W909

Is there a better alternative to APKPure for tracking and downloading updates for the few standalone APKs I have?
Preferably something open source :/

wileyfox

next week, we've known this for a solid month now calm your fucking tits

He's right though, I have 20/15 vision and there's no fucking difference. What you're noticing is the software updates you got since you switched phones making the icons look sexier.

F-Droid is open source but they have a dozen of apps only. The other alternative to APKPure is Aptoide but you need to download the apps only from trusted stores.

I really want the LG V20, but it won't be available in my region (Africa). Does anyone have an upcoming 5.6'+ Android phone with removable battery and expandable memory -- recommendations? I am looking to upgrade from my Note 3.

Unfortunately, the only phone that seems to fit these specifications on specout.com is the V10 (unavailable here), G4 (a little on the small side, and the G5 is out an even smaller), and the Note 4, which isn't available as an upgrade by my provider anymore.

is there even a phone anymore with 2 sim slots, sd card slot, removable battery, and good rom support?

I got my mom a moto g and a memory card. When I setup the memory card I get this messages saying something along the lines of it not being fast enough. It also seems to be undocking itself and needs to be pulled out and put back in...could that be a busted sd card harness or is it related to the "you have a shitty sd card" message?

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones

F/2.0 is kind of disappointing considering most flagships these days get F/1.7 or 1.8, but at least you'll get less vignetting and the 1.55um pixel size should ensure enough light gets through.

2.15GHz Kryo is also kind of a letdown but still, considering even an octacore A53 chipset usually runs pretty much everything smoothly, unless you care for benchmark results you'll get better battery life and less heat.

Other than those two issues, it's pretty good.

Why do people here praise chinkshit?

I got me a "coolpad". The back is made from a material I really like and the phone feels sturdy and noncheap. Other than that is a blocky piece of shit with seemingly untested UI.

The back button is on the right side (understandable), every window you open is saved and can be accessed through a tab. The phone's tabs (recent calls, text messages) and tabs in chrome are both accessed through a button on the phone. This is annoying.

The typing is terrible. A few hours ago I tried to edit a long google search and I was unable to get all the way to the left side. The enter button is very close to the backspace button and, if you aren't typing with focus and intent, you'll be producing giberish on the screen. Press backspace to edit? Oops you pressed enter

>Snapdragon 210
>1GB RAM
>8 GB ROM
So you've bought a piece of shit phone and now your'e complaining trying to group all chinkphones because of it? lel. those carrier branded phones are always the worst.
You are on Cred Forums. at least pretend to have basic understating of technology.

New bread because this will die soon anyway

What. I'm using a different keyboard and there's no lag at all.

I love it. I've had no lag or any problems overall. My only complaint is audio, which is not bad per se but I'm still getting an amp. Exynos btw.

Yes, why

i want something like an ipod, but without apple. i want to be able to move my mp3 files directly into the phone. they're not even pirated, i just use linux and can't get the itunes to work. i bought new music for the first time in a long time and tried to put it on my iphone 3 that i use as an ipod and it didn't work. any recommendations on what i should get?

>food scale
a scale
>bodyfat
calipers/measuring tape and a scale

accept no substitutes if you want useable results