How do you stop spending money on useless shit

How do you stop spending money on useless shit

buy good shit instead, be satisfied with it cause its good

Having none helps.

Spend them on useful shit.

Don't use money as one end

Try to think about what you spend and like said; buy good shit but also try to use it at 100% of it's cost

For example, you buy a gaymen vidya and the first thing you think is to play with your toy
BUT if you use it to make good vidya, graphic design, etc. You will not lose money

In a few words: if you will spend, use it well and properly. If not then save it for something else or invest on it

Learn some self control you nigger.

Buy quality, and only buy it if it can enable you to do something productive better.
Example I wasted money on a GTX 960 2GB. That was a bad buy because it didn't satisfy me.
I had to upgrade to a 1070 only 18 months later.
Same with my CPU's.
Went FX-4100>FX-8320>i7.
Now I'm very satisfied with i7.
I couldn't justify an i5 because it wasn't a significant leap over the 8320 for work/education.

Thats my thought flow on PC gear. I don't spend alot of money on other things because I want a house before the market here gets any more aids.

But I don't particularly need anything

By being poor :^)

>How do you stop spending money on useless shit
You don't. Just spend money on whatever makes you happy. The notion of "useless shit" was created by normies to marginalize anyone who isn't part of their bubble. You should know better to not listen to them.

I really don't know, your mom keeps begging me.

then dont fucking buy anything

It's weird. When I was poor college kid, I'd be like "i'm getting that camera, that laptop, that ps4, new phone, and bunch of cool shit when I get my job". Now I've got my stable job, I only spend money on snacks, gas, rent, bills, insurance, and retirement. I still have 3k/month free to use, but I just don't have any desire to use it.

>stop spending money
That kid doesn't seem to have spent money on that shit. Or does microsoft usually send a letter on microsoft stationary and an autographed cardboard box?

But, look how cool these knobs looks! How can you not want to buy them?

Wasn't all that stuff was a gift?

just think that everytime you buy something, you give money to lizards and that gives them the power to do lizard things

I'd fucking kill to get a set of those knobs for Premiere sliders. They're probably crazy expensive though.

Shit I could probably even use them to control the value on CreaseSets in 3DS Max too.

Golf...

a sport with one thing, and one thing only going for it, user. The fucking sun.

Now, let me ask you. What are lizards? That's right. They're goddamn cold blooded, user. They need heat. That's where they go to recharge.

They play golf. Know a golfer? Don't fucking trust him. Lizard person.

Oh shit your right.

I've just bought iPod Classic in near mint condition for like 130 dollaridoos, how badly I fucked up?

god that kid is a faggot

I mean, do you listen to a lot of music? If not then you fucked up incredibly bad

you can get the 300gb variants for like $20

Wtf I broke a clock when I was 6 years old too wheres all my shitty microsoft products

>implying

That reminds me, I need a terabyte or two external hardrive to back up my files

Yea, everyday at least a few hours. I was using Tidal until now, but it's really pissing off when I have to search for that one album instead of finding it in my offline library when I'm on the run

Did it result in you being arrested for making a bomb, or were you granted the privilege of whites to not be arrested over simple, mundane things?

>clock kid got more free shit than pretty much anyone by taking a store bought clock apart, putting it in a box and making it look like a bomb

I still hate this fag

Save money and build credit user, quit being the worst kind of consumer.

>tfw you can't manufacture your own controversy for free shit because you're not brown

>spend over $600 on a desktop
>buy a thinkpad to see what this meme is all about
>end up exclusively using the thinkpad
>don't know what to do with the desktop
>finally unplugged it earlier today and put it in my closet, use my T430 with external mouse, kb, and 1080p IPS monitor

I've thought about going to the local PC shop and seeing if I can sell it for $350, but buying parts isn't even something the guy mentions on his site.

What do?

home server.

which dankpad did you get friendo

give your money to charity

my bad, skipped the t430 part :-DDD

>Selling computer parts.
Your doing it wrong.

You know what happened when I was his age and disassembled something to see how it worked? A fucking slap on the wrist, after paying for a new clock or repairs for a computer I inadvertently destroyed in the process.

This little entitled faggot however visited the white house for rewiring a fucking alarm clock. Fuck everything about this.

know what's useful? i bought 16GB of ram for my quad core laptop and i'm running at 100% cpu with 88% ram commit. my other laptop has 4GB of ram and i can barely run the virtual machines i need to use so i bought extra ram.

this

not defending him because ahmed fucking sucks, but he went to the white house because he baited a teacher, which you never did.

see

Shipping HDD, lel

>baited a teacher
so? there have been countless high school or even middle school boys who fucked their teacher. bating is nothing compared to sex. i wish i had these teachers this horny or stupid when i was a kid.

Learn to use eBay. It's so easy. If you don't want to sell the whole computer, just sell the parts individually.

Except he was a known troublemaker, and he purposely made it look like a bomb for attention.

>white boy is boisterous
>"Boys will be boys!"
>brown boy is boisterous
>"HE WON'T RESPECT MUH AUTHORITY! If I tell him to jump off a bridge, he should do so with a 'yes massah' on his lips! I mean, right is right! I'm not racist, I just upset these shitstains don't understand their place!"

>t.pajeet

I don't go shopping.

(You)

Go broke.

huh, really made makes me think

I find joy in not buying things.

I use a single 24" monitor plus a 14" laptop to develop software for a living. You don't need 5x 27" monitors for software development unless you're really bad at window management or have terrible attention span.

>It's weird. When I was poor college kid, I'd be like "i'm getting that camera, that laptop, that ps4, new phone, and bunch of cool shit when I get my job". Now I've got my stable job, I only spend money on snacks, gas, rent, bills, insurance, and retirement.
Same here. Most people seem to desire what they can't have. A cognitive bias for scarcity.

I could afford to buy a DSLR camera but it's fun to make the possible pictures with my old compact instead.

I could afford the latest Intel i7 or Xeon but my AMD FX is okay.

Instead I enjoy the growing bank account and no debt. A rainy day will come and I'll be prepared.

by being a poorfag NEET

most devs use 3 monitors, 2 widescreen HD in landscape and 1 widescreen HD in portrait for looking at actual code. some reverse the ratio depending on need.

$39 for a 2tb hdd? worth.

I quit my job. Going to be buying all sorts of useless shit once I get my first paycheck at my new job

so want this and i'm looking to buy.
can anyone recommend a setup where the two landscape monitors have the same height as the portrait mode? like if the 2 are 32"x18" i want the 3rd to be 18"x10.125"

How do I start getting/making female friends when I'm some loser/loner fuck? Shit feels terribly bad

that's easy. be their best friend. give them shit, do shit for them ask nothing in return. they will be around you all the time. they'll even encourage their BFs to lean on you too.
or you can just rent them by the hour/night.
or just get lucky. get on OKcupid and get with the first desperate fat/ugly girl who contacts you. then, be out in public a lot with her. this triggers shit in female minds. if they know you're taken, they want you. trade in for a better model - repeat until you have selena gomez.

Absolutely this.

Males have this extrapolated feeling which is rationally buffered through proxies and women crave this emotion à la knight in shining armor.

From the moment you have a genuine interest well you gotta just take a shot and if it doesn't hit, just carry on or move on, but generally you'd need to know whether a chick likes you or not, it's a natural thing that you can't force.

But besides that you can't fool yourself into fantasizing and putting chicks on a pedestal because when you buy hardware, you get compounding yielded returns on the time spent. With chicks, you just need to commit and learn how to proportionally play that feel and not take it seriously, women are the most irrational creatures, it's this dissonance with the opposite sex that you can play on so you gotta mirror their body language or just trigger a response and maintain that exchange. There's no silver bullet and this post is winded but as tech progresses women crave this guy who would tactfully and fully commit while staying smart in not being desperate along with the usual power cues (be smart, be rich and the like) but mostly it's emotion so fuck em and take it from there

>try not to look ugly
>exercise and get in shape
>go to school and get a well paying job so you can afford things like nice clothing and vehicles

Solder your own CPUs instead. Saves money and gets you free shit.

step 1: no money
there is no step 2

I only buy things I can use or like. I would never buy something just to have it. Still on my Xperia Z3 from 2014.

>What do you need in your day-to-day life?
>Do I already have something that accomplishes this task without causing me stress?
>and i remind myself that sometimes it's just nice to know i can afford something, but i don't need to buy it

start there

I stopped coming to Cred Forums for 2 years and all these consumerist urges were gone.

stop

nigga didn't spend money, he got them free for trying to recreate a fake bomb and getting suspended for it. The media spinned it off as him being a hero inventing a clock.

Fucking cold blooded commies.

I feel you, OP. I grew up pretty poor and couldn't work during school because I wanted to focus. Now I'm in the west coast as a dev and the salary is more than anything I ever had. It's really hard not to spend a lot.

I have a monitor for my work laptop and a keyboard. Also, I keep busy with hobbies. I think before I buy anything, if I'll actually use it in my daily routine, most often I won't.

Wrong.

Poor people usually fail to understand economics enough that they will waste their money on shit.

>I could spend my $$$ on this useless thing.
>Or I could save for stuff I actually need.
>Decisions, decisions...

by getting some perspective