Monitor refresh rate 144Hz, GPU clock runs at 937mhz on idle

>monitor refresh rate 144Hz, GPU clock runs at 937mhz on idle
>any other resolution setting (including 150Hz, so I've heard) and the card runs at 240mhz
Nvidia drivers everyone. Bug has been around for an eternity and still no fix. Try justifying this shit, shills. This is the last time I fell for this meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/asus-rog-swift-pg258q-1327880/review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>so I've heard

@56825756
>he is this desperate
(You)

This is the worst attempt at damage control in quite some time.

My monitor is 144hz max. I googled and apparently people with 160+hz monitors have this same problem on 144hz setting.

You sure AMD does any better?

>spend $2,500 on a gaming rig for 3D gaming. Projector, 90 inch screen high gain custom screen. 7.1 surround sound. Everything
>discover after the fact that Nvidia caps 3D gaming at 720p on the driver level
>discover that AMD doesn't.

Yeah, AMD doesn't because it reachest 360p and then just kinda bsods

My AMD card didn't have this problem. So in that sense, yes. Also this issue is causing my PC to shut down when I wake it from sleep. I'm not entirely sure why. Probably because it's drawing too much power for the computer to wake up.

>@56825756
being this new

>Falling for the bait
kek

no it doesn't. do you think that if I can afford to build that kind of system that I would just accept 720p?

I returned my proprietary Nvidia projector and both of my Nvidia cards and replaced them with AMD components and it actually turned out to be cheaper to game in 3D at 1080p using Stereoscopic Player as middleware.

I am able to play Skyrim in 3D at 1080p using 4k texture mods and ENB post-processing at 72 fps.

>spend over 2k on a gaming rig
>put AMD in it

I have an R9 390 and with 144hz it maxes out the memory clock on idle. The core clock however runs at the lowest frequency.

Yep. That's what I did. I am extremely satisfied with the result.

Same, 290 memory clock stays at stock when I forced a 72hz on my monitor.

You play video games in 3D on a 90 inch screen?

>falling for the 144Hz meme
Neck yourself

Set it at 143?
I don't think you are going to notice that one frame difference.

yep. no modern games, but games that came out around 2011-2012. 3D is dead.

How? There's no option in Windows at least

I don't know, you said that it was possible to set it at 150 so I guessed it was possible to set it at other values too.
If not set it to 150?

You're fucking dumb.

This is a memory bug that pretty much ever GPU has, be it AMD or Nvidia. The only cards that are not effected by this are fury card as HBM is frequency locked.

AMD doesn't have this bug.

It's possible to set it at 150 on 165hz monitors. Mine is 144hz

I'm guessing you have the answer to my question. Go ahead and spit it out

As soon as you connect a second monitor, ZeroCore doesn't work anymore.

Yes it does, I have a AMD gpu, they are the only one with a card that is int affected by it thought.
you can get around it by setting a custom memory clock on non-HBM cards but I don't know if this works on Nvidia cards.

Can't you still have it on 150? Does it matter if it wastes a few frames if the performance overall get much better?
Some guys in my class even talked about that it was better having 80fps even if played on a 60Hz screen, seemed a bit retarded to me but what do I know.

>he fell for the 144Hz meme
Joke's on you.

Mine is at 177mhz right now and I run 144hz.

It is better, you get tearing but it improves latency.

Lots of people won't play with any kind of vsync for that reason, not even g-sync completely solves it but its better than freesync.

>it was better having 80fps even if played on a 60Hz screen
Because the time between frames won't necessarily coincide with the moments that the monitor refreshes.

>3d in any year

Leddit/r/nvidia/comments/53t9d6/driver_37290_faqdiscussion_thread/d7way3r
I have the same problem. This guy found out what was causing the bug, but jewvidia just ignored it of course.

Why do you care what the clock speed does at idle? It should throttle down to conserve powerr unlike amd house fires.

Because 937mhz isn't exactly power efficent in indle. And no, it doesn't go below that unless the screens are turned off.

>Nvidia caps 3D gaming at 720p
Dafuq you talking about

Are you literally retarded?

Gta 5 is gorgeous in 3d (1080p, gtx 970, Idk what you were doing)

t. AMDrones

>I googled and apparently people with 160+hz monitors have this same problem
There are no native 160+Hz screens. There are only "OC up to 165Hz but no guarantees" 144Hz screens.

What are you using to view it?

I'm upgrading my phone soon and am going to hold out in the hopes that Trinus gets some bug fixes. I really don't want to dump $800 into VR. It's not worth that much to me.

0.01 rupees has been deposited into your account pajeet

Hold on, I take that back: techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/asus-rog-swift-pg258q-1327880/review
>240Hz
Wew.

lol so pointless
human eye can't see past 24 FPS

lies

Are you literally retarded ?

Run Windows for entertainment and Linux for work. You don't have to choose between OS. That's an antiquated idea.

An OS is functionally an app to run other apps. Run a Windows host for vidya and gaymes with a Linux guest (any gayming PC can support many VMs) and all is well.

No one sane pays for software or OS.

>what is "prefer maximum performance" in Geforce experience

Stupid people need to be purged from the nvidia userbase. Amd exists for people with below average level IQ . Go and join them.

A 3d vision capable monitor
You weren't clear about what setup you had, but in my experience, nvidia has no trouble in getting stuff to work in any resolution. Maybe the games you used aren't fullHD compatible? (you should still be able to force higher resolutions via config or use dsr, even though that's not quite what you need here)