Tfw fell for the ITX form factor meme

>tfw fell for the ITX form factor meme

not enough SATA ports for your CP?

WHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR

SORRY OP SPEAK UP!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE NOISE OF YOUR ITX BUILD

WWHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR

IT'S GETTING AWFUL HOT DON'T YOU THINK?

What's wrong with ITX? I don't play games anymore, so I'm planning to build an ITX form factor PC. Bought a high quality low factor CPU cooler to go with it. My only concern is sound.

>16GiB

Nothing is inherently wrong with ITX. OP is a meme.

tfw i built my pc yesterday and its mITX

and i wanna game

did i fuck up y/n

>Less PCI slots

>tfw couldn't fit 16GiB RAM in my ITX

There's literally nothing wrong with ITX. I can fit an i5 with a water cooler, a gtx 1070, a 500gb SSD, etc etc in my rig.

Oh, and if I didn't have the water cooler, I could fit a 3.5" drive an a 2.5" drive or three 2.5" drives.

I'm retarded enough to fall for this bait.

If you're wanting to use two gpus obviously mITX would be a terrible idea.

However, how can one say mITX can't be for gaming too? I've got a full sized gpu, 16gb of ram, m.2 sata and a core i5 not to mention a full size liquid cpu cooler; you can't hear it.

>inb4 16gb ram meme, mobo is ddr4, so if you're autistic enough to think you need 32gb it's possible with two sticks.

Unless you're incapable of managing a compact build (it doesn't take a hard thinker), you're going to love the little box.

>muh slots.

>went mATX
>bought a prodigy m

Might as well have just gone full ATX. Fuck

>1 PCIe slot
Fucking 1.
Of course it can fit everything, the biggest issue with ITX is airflow and the "density" of your components, leading to heat problems, leading to noise problems and leading to throttling problems
Nobody says you can't fit shit in the cases that were made to fit that shit, compactly

This too, I understand mATX is like 2 inches shorter on one side than ATX but for something advertised as "micro-ATX" case makers should focus on full-sized compactness a little more
But don't worry, you would've shit your pants if you saw what they call an ATX "mid tower" nowadays

>muh temps
I've had zero issues with throttling, even when gaming. My fans are on the stock profiles too, they're not that noisy.

>2016
>Not using nas for cp

I don't give a fuck what your opinion is you ass burger, saying that's what the biggest problem with ITX is. It's literally the only reason (and a very legitimate one if you look online) to not like ITX

I got a Prodigy M too for ITX. I like it.

I mean I've intentionally turned all my fans in my computer to max voltage/cycle and can barely hear it, and it's NEVER as loud as my laptop.
Computer noise in the modern age is a meme, people who never cared in the first place are suddenly going for "the quietest PC ever" because the Internet said its a problem
It isn't a problem.

Why would I care what people online think? I can do what I need to without the complaints you listed.

Well apparently you don't know this feel and shouldn't be in the thread that is displaying dissatisfaction with ITX.
I mean my raspberry pi is quiet too, and it plays game, and it's smaller than ITX
>but muh PCI!
>but muh CPU!
>but my RAM!
See what it's like speeding out at someone who doesn't give a shit?
You don't have problems with ITX good for you, but many people do, BECAUSE it is ITX

The only legitimate problem you've pointed out is sound due to fans revving up, and even then it's not that big of an issue unless you have a 5GHz OC
Do you see game consoles"throttling" due to their cramped space? No, you don't.
(I understand they're designed for their parts but if your cable management is worth a shit you won't have any problems of the sort.)

>fans rev up due to heat
>heat causes throttling, drastically lowering performance
>the problem is heat
>I specifically explain this starting with heat as the root problem
But sure, you can believe that all I said here is that noise is a huge problem and matters

I mean if you're spoiled with modern 60 watt CPUs and gpus that never go above 70° then ITX is fine, obviously the more efficient parts become, the less of a problem ITX is

That's why ITX is no longer a "meme", it wasn't feasible with Pentium III's on stock coolers obviously.
Again, modern CPUs don't really get that hot unless you OC them a bunch.
I understand that heat is the root of the issue, but as long as the fans can keep the CPU cool enough (nearly all modern fans, especially on stock clock) throttling should never be an issue

I'm not "speeding" out. I simply posted my rig as a practical example of an ITX build because other people implied you could not do things like gaming with ITX.
>raspberry pi
That can't play PC games and you know it, that's a false equivalency.

Pointed out, modern components are becoming more and more power efficient so muh heat is less of an issue. My temps are on par with everybody else's in Speccy threads fwiw. I didn't say ITX was for everyone either, I don't get your point.

store it in the cloud fgt

It's not feasible for OP, apparently.
And the modern market is still full of people buying high-power things. You think ITX is fine for the people (right now by the way) that are buying 220w CPUs and GPUs?

It's perfect equivalence to your argument, it works on my machine so that means you're just retarded

I have an extended atx motherboard with like 6 pcie slots and I use only one. I've had this specific machine since 2010

>tfw fell for the CLC meme
>tfw fell for the dual-GPU meme
>tfw fell for the AMD meme
>tfw fell for the "16GiB is more than enough" meme

You said it "fits" in the case, not that it handled high-power processing well. Most ITX cases don't have the GPU as a side panel and there's still a HUGE percentage of PC components and setups that will lose maximum power with the reduced airflow of ITX. Of course it CAN work out fine, just like yours, just like mine. But obviously it's very easy to get into "not ITX-recommended" component selection

>tfw going for mini ITX just because of this case
>tfw it costs so much that for the first month or so I have the case it's going to be housing a single core VIA board with 1GB RAM

When it comes down to it, ITX has significantly reduced airflow compared to larger form factors. This is a fact.
It's up to you to spend extra money making that a non-issue.

What are you even trying to say and why are you so hostile? I simply posted my rig because people implied you couldn't do stuff like PC gaming (NOT raspberry pi gaming) on ITX. I showed that ITX can be perfectly suitable for a very common build type, an i5 with an upper mid range GPU. I didn't say it was for everyone. I was alleviating the fears of people like

Even with all the fans. My cpu can barely breath. Shit is heavy as fuck too.

>image
what are you talking about? Its just the right size for that little slut..

My sugo sg13 is working just fine m8

95% of people only have a graphics card anyways

>mfw work in alu fab
>mfw can cut shit like that out of scrap for nothing
was tempted to make a light up globe case since we got a new press machine

Why did you choose the boat over the train?

Can you still buy the train new? I think I like the yacht more anyway.

My current build makes less noise than my old ATX build.

>NAS
>not a cloud
Go back to Cred Forums. You're smarter there.

>tfw you fart and burp at the same time

Unlike time, intelligence is not relative, though I doubt you'll be able to grasp that concept.

Why not a NUC or similar?

ahh, he found some new bait. still following this guy from the beginning. keep up with the fresh bait m8. nice catch you got today.