Cred Forums, what is your opinion on this?

Cred Forums, what is your opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/356337-us-transfer-internet-icann/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think you should stay on your containment board.

I dont see you guys talking about this at all but this seems like a pretty big deal...

>linking to pol
rt.com/usa/356337-us-transfer-internet-icann/

If anyone cares, and no-one does. This has been 20 years in the making it's hardly news.

I think you should stay on your containment board

Literally nothing changes. Now go back to your hugbox queer.

It's actually an improvement, the greatest threat to free speech is the American government.

There are so many cucks in this thread. Enjoy going to jail for being critical of Islam or jews.

root DNS server were already located around the world
this literally changes nothing.

Free speech is literally being killed you cuckold.

If ICANN is located in Los Angeles, does this mean that they must still abide by the first amendment? Because Cred Forums is making it out like we are just throwing the ownership of the internet to any country that wants it, and Im having a hard time reading between the lines.

Practically it will be the same as now.

No it's not, UN shill.

Nothing will change, you fucking retard.
Go back to your containment board.

Me as UN shill.
Made me meh.

Content creators across the globe will now be under NATIONAL laws on what they can and cannot say, what they can and cannot produce. Madagascar thinks your video is an attack on its nation? BOOM NATIONALLY BLACKLISTED.

This is no longer the internet, it is no longer created by individuals. It is now a government managed whiteboard

This is what will push us to transition over to IPFS or some other decentralized DNS alternative.

So uhh.... how are they going to police everything?

Hey guys, what if we made a peer to peer DNS?

My opinion is that if i wanted to see Cred Forums content I would go to Cred Forums

Or we could just use tor instead of trying to wrangle all the retards here to write some shitty software

Tor is basically under the control of the government. A DNS doesn't require encryption and would be much faster than Tor.

1. this is just forced, youtube didn't even change anything in their policy
2. NOTHING will happen
3. even if it did, it'd be just DNS - a less important part of the Internet

>root dns
>important
Just access your favorite site by their ip, faggot.

And how do you know when the IP change?

Pro tip: you can't.

>Tor is basically under the control of the government
Explain

>being critical of jews.
>we were ever allowed to do this
go back to sucking off your orange boyfriend Zionist faggot

Source: some redpilled autistic user so it might be untrue.
Looks at how the logo is fucking ugly though... Also, the code is trash tier.

Typical Cred Forums

>static ip
>change
>"big site" have more one static ip

And goddammit Cred Forums most of of thing you use are from jews.

If the root DNS servers start removing random websites off of it for infringing some retarded laws people will just switch to some other, independent DNS server.
They know that, and so they won't do anything, otherwise having power over the DNS server will be meaningless as nobody will use them.

This is literally not a big deal, go talk about jews and conspiracy theories somewhere else OP.

How do the DNS know?

The server notify the DNS at regular times.

So is this just old people freaking out about irrelevant shit again?

You're just parroting bullshit that you've read here. How about instead of being a fucking sheep, go and form your opinions based on your own experiences.

>Americuck internet doomed
Fuck yes

Sorry for trusting more a random user that any newspaper. Despite of that I have made my own opinion on For and it's shit. Just fucking look at the horrible website, literally made by a 12yo kid.

>Website looks shitty
>That means the software offered on that website must be in control of da guberment!!1!1!!
Next time, don't even bother sharing your opinions. Nobody gives a shit.

>implying you're not a worthless degenerated fatty faggut

Projecting much, tubby?

I'm fit and handsome. Butcuck

I'm sure pal.

Nothing will change. The real story is how grossly inept ICANN is and how shady and self serving it's soon to be ex-CEO is. The only thing these politicians got right was calling Fadi's ass out for his conflict of interests, every thing else is bullshit.

Nah, in EU there is absolutely no free speech. Even if USA is only pretending to have free speech, at least they aren't overtly telling you that you aren't allowed to say anything that contradicts the government narrative.

USA is hardly a threat to free speech compared to everyone else who has already outlawed it.

Bob has bob.com
Bob produces a tech blog and shows off tech on youtube,com
Bob isnt a fan of Brand A, he shows why he dosent like it and makes s list of other products to avoid.
BRAND A GETS HOLD OF THIS, SEES THIS FLAT OUT HATE CRIME AND TELLS INTERNET POLICE
Internet police being BILLIONS understaffed see Brand A's form to filter Bob' website.
Judge is 80 years old and uses western union.
THEY SAY IT BAD WHY WOULD THEY LIE

BOB.COM IS NOW DNS BLACKLISTED FROM THE ENTIRE INTERNET, NOTHING.

Can you not see how exploitable this is?
It already was before but holy shit now it is going to be a business getting things unblocked

Tell me how you're going to remember all those IPv6 addresses

Those are owned by ICANN.
IANA is a subsidiary of ICANN. Both IP addresses and the human readable generic TLDs are owned by ICANN.

Except that's not how TLD DNS works...

Also, mesh networks are a thing, and people can stand up other DNS servers. TOR was an example of this.

Also, DNS != Routing protocol...

>IANA is a subsidiary of ICANN
And what about RIPE?

All of which is being transferred to the government

I think the FBI controls something like 50% of TOR nodes

Source?

Is delegated address blocks by IANA.

that's the way it always has worked

Jesus christ Cred Forums I swear to god

You only needed to follow US laws.Now you have to follow EVERY COUNTRIES LAWS

You're literally retarded. Not joking

You mean the UN. They are already under a government (USDOC), because they have anti-trust exemption (government sponsored monopoly).
If transferred they will be under another government for same reason.

I'm just saying that the IP numbers aren't completely separate from TLDs. So it's not like if your TLD is taken away for some reason your IP address cannot be taken away. They have a lot of control over the infrastructure and they can cause fragmentation.

You're really arrogant/blind/misinformed.

You do realize any country can blacklist certain DNS queries right. Countries have done it before you fucking retard

How do you feel about global blacklists? Not country specific, but global. Blacklisted in every country. Good idea? Bad idea?

>Madagascar thinks your video is an attack on its nation? BOOM NATIONALLY BLACKLISTED.
That's the opposite of what you said

I haven't said anything except the post you replied to.

The united states should not have control over the internet anyways.

Fuck ted cruz

No. However any other country having control seems worse because as far as I know USA is pretty unique in that it doesn't have widespread censorship.

UN is a complete joke.

What will this mean for Cred Forums? Will we be executed if we see someone post racism? Gore? Loli?

>People who disagree are shills

Ever consider that you might be retarded? Fuck off to your containment board