He fell for the "he fell for the ssd meme" meme

>he fell for the "he fell for the ssd meme" meme
how're those boot times famalam
didn't think so, fag

I don't think I've ever met a single person who was anything less than blown away after switching to SSD. In fact even tech illiteratea are amazed. I installed one once for this 65 year old man and he literally shit his pants and I had to change his diaper after.

>he fell for the "he fell for the \"he fell for the ssd meme\" meme" meme

God damn i love my intel ssd, you niggers have fun with your 90s HDD tech

that's a really cool game

Putt-Putt makes me feel so nostalgic.

>he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the ssd meme" meme" meme" meme

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

less than 30 seconds on my WD black for w10, and less than 10 seconds loading up ubuntu mate on my 300GB raptor.

Sure an SSD is faster, but not ffast enough to justify it over the extra storage costs.

Why buy a 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD when you can buy a 2TB WD black or hgst for the same price?

>he thinks the point of SSDs is speed
I've got a WD VelociRaptor as a boot drive for that, and honestly it's not that noticably faster anyway. You can definitely feel how slow things are on 5400rpm, but past that it's all in your head unless you're talking actual big file transfers that become objectively faster.

The cool part about SSDs is that there are no moving parts. This makes them awesome for laptops.

>he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the ssd meme" meme" meme" meme" meme

>and honestly it's not that noticably faster anyway.
but it literally is

linux doesn't count and neither does w10 because it doesn't truly shut down

also, "less than 30" is meant to be impressive? win 10 should boot within 10 seconds

>but it literally is
nah

>nah
but it literally is

oh okay

>linux doesn't count and neither does w10 because it doesn't truly shut down

>I don't like it therefore it's not valid

okay.

Not that guy, but
>Have 850 EVO
>Photoshop takes 8 seconds to start up
>Thumbnails in large picture folders load instantaneously

An SSD is, objectively, notably faster in everyday use than even your 10k RPM Velociraptor. Add to this that an SSD doesn't sound like a literal jet engine because it doesn't have to spin at 10k RPM.

linux doesn't count because it's rarely held down by shitty bloat
win 10 doesn't count because it doesn't truly shut down and instead hibernates
fuck you as if it's because "i don't like it"
i BOUGHT windows 10 pro you fucking fag

Not that guy, and nobody is denying an SSD is faster, but it's just not faster enough to be considered worth it for some people.

Even if you unplug your pc from the wall?

are you trying to imply you unplug your pc from the wall errytime

not an argument

okay well neither is yours

>it's just not faster enough to be considered worth it for some people.
That's exactly the thing, though.
It >is< faster enough to be considered worth it for >everyone< (exception being maybe certain server use cases), because it doesn't just affect boot times. It affects everything that reads or writes to the drive.
Even something as simple as loading up your browser is notably faster on an SSD compared to a 7200 RPM HDD. I'm not sure how a velociraptor would perform here, but between these you have the silence factor too.

>he fell

Yes. Every night.

Do you not?

My scorpio black performs well enough for me, I'd rather buy more ram or a better cpu or gpu than an SSD

no you nickle-and-diming poorfag

>purchase Samsung 950 Pro m.2 NVMe drive because I see it's fast
>boot times are now increased to nearly 1 minute

Why need 2TB in the first place? Do you seriously warehouse media locally?

>>boot times are now increased to nearly 1 minute
That's probably a bios issue. How long does it take to get to the OS?

After it's done getting through UEFI and makes it to OS, it's nearly instantaneous of course.

I just turn the power switches off when I go to bed. Why wouldn't you do that?

Do you live in some third world shithole that has no switches on your power sockets?

But my Windows 10 install boots in a pinch and so does Manjaro even when I run it off usb live session

Anyone who says an SSD isn't worth it is just trolling. Ignore them and move on

Thats fucked lol.
Should go bitch on your motherboard's manufacturer's forums.

I'm not alpha enough lol

>"he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the "he fell for the ssd meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme" meme"

Joke's on you OP I use a RAID setup involving an SSD boot drive

They might not even be aware that there is an issue, maybe they already addressed it in a firmware update, they can't fix it if they don't know about it though.

>Startup finished in 4.576s (kernel) + 7.815s (initrd) + 12.058s (userspace) = 24.449s
Oh no, 20 seconds of my life wasted every few weeks

How will I survive?

If you had a system with more than 4 GB RAM you'd be able to benefit from a thing called disk caching

>MFW I have 1tb SSD and a 4tb WD black. Also poorfag.

SSDs are only beneficial if you reboot frequently. If you're running your system 24/7, then you're better off investing the same amount of money into more RAM.

RAM is faster than an SSD.

>Lol HDD fags why spend $500 for 100MB of space when I can fit 5MB on a cassette tape that costs 50 cents!!

This is what you sound like only 100x more retarded.

def printMemeHeFellFor(opGaynessOutOf10):
if opGaynessOutOf10

my PC boots in 5 seconds without an SSD on windows 10, how much would SSD really give me? an extra second?

Optical SSD when?

time to play putt-putt
fuck you op

>tfw fell for the ssd meme
Didn't see much of a difference desu.

im using an old shit hdd and my boot times with both linux and windows is 3 seconds.thats good enough for me.have fun with your overpriced storage while it lasts. protip:1-2years.