I want to get my full name as a .com since it available, and I kind of want to use it for email but I'm not sure...

I want to get my full name as a .com since it available, and I kind of want to use it for email but I'm not sure. It could be [email protected] or something like that, but I feel like that's really pretentious. [email protected] is just dumb too.

Would it be weird as an individual and not the owner of some startup or any kind of major personality to have my email address "[email protected]"?

just have [email protected]; it's the norm

It would be pretty gay, but if you're gay enough to come up with this idea, chances are that people can already tell how fucking gay you are from other cringy stuff you do.

Cred Forums - "Technology"

Yet you don't find anonsname.com pretentious enough already?

Possible problem I see with the "mail" account, is it's sure to be a default hit for spambots.

mine is @.com
I got lucky.

Yeah spambots and a general lack of privacy was something I considered.

And I don't think it's pretentious to own it, I'm not doing anything with it right now but it's something I can put a portfolio on in future.

A little bit of pretension is good when applying for a job I think, I'm more worried about how it comes across if somebody just needs to email me.

My last name was registered in 2006 and hasn't been touched at all, expires in 2017 I'm hoping they won't renew.

It's just "lastname.com is coming soon" in plaintext.

I just map everything under my domain to my mailbox and use the user part to distinguish the service

e.g. this site would use Cred [email protected]

Not only does it make emails easy to tag, but it also lets me know exactly which service is responsible for spamming me.

For publicly listed addresses like those on my github profile and in my git commits, I rotated through randomly generated suffixes (like [email protected]) to fight spam.

Who's the registrar? If it's Gregg Ostrick forget about the domain

Y do we care

>registrar
meant registrant

Nah, it's a guy who lives in my state who uses it for personal email. He's probably related to me honestly my family has been in this state since the early settlers.

He won't give up a personal email he's been using for 10 years though.

I use "[email protected]" where my username is the standard first initial + last name thing. Works great since I'm not creative enough to come up with witty domain names.

How about your [email protected]?

Nabbed long ago sadly

Is there any downside to doing this? Maybe your emails automatically going into someone's spam folder?

I have mail@$fullname.me.
Works fine.

wtf OP.
Seeing your shit i decide to check out my name. its taken. by some fag who is in my state of birth with my fathers fucking name.

Yeah, if you try to run your own server or some shit. I forward mine to gmail using mailgun (with gmail as the outgoing server) and haven't had issues with deliverability.

I use firstname.one

Just the first few letters of my firstname like alex though.

Same here. Thank god my last name is Gmail.

brilliant. do you also use your own email for paypal, banking, etc?