Will the latest update of Common Sense™ 2016 be enough to safely connect a Windows XP machine to the internet?

Will the latest update of Common Senseā„¢ 2016 be enough to safely connect a Windows XP machine to the internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

isc.sans.edu/diary/Survival Time on the Internet/4721
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

>boot up windows
>desktop bliss wallpaper
>wait 20 secs
>you open taskmanager and everything is idle forever, no forced telemetry jacking up your hdd, around 13 processes alltogether, everything's calm and quiet

heh, good times.

>unpatched vulnerabilities
xp is incredibly unsafe and you'd be a stupid fuck to use it for anything other than in an isolated network. you'll also have ssl issues and dwindling software support to look forward to. instead, install lubuntu / xububtu if you're a linux noob, or distro of choice plus lxde / xfce if not.

retard

what a compelling argument, user

where can someone get a key for posready 2009?

sure

nobody gives a fuck about exploiting obscure vulnerabilities in a dead OS when 99% of users with something worth stealing will explicitly authorize their owning in a heartbeat regardless of what their update settings are

> you'll also have ssl issues
only if you're a fucktard who still uses IE

>and dwindling software support to look forward to
if you gave a fuck about current software support beyond the basics in the first place then why the fuck would you want to use a 15 year old OS?

jesus christ shills are fucking dumb

>telemetry takes up 90% of my internet speed after booting

No.

The idea that you only get malware if you download it is completely retarded.

It doesn't happen magically either, install noscript and an ad blocker, and don't open email attachments from untrustworthy sources. It's not hard.

If you're using windows XP you don't have common sense installed properly.
Common sense is turning off networking when using XP, so turning it on means uninstalling common sense first so it doesn't matter which version of common sense you have if you're not using it

Sure, and also install an AV.

Not utilizing another tool to protect yourself so you can be edgy is fucking stupid.

Not to mention that if you're going to browse modern websites you're going to need javascript at some point.

>Not to mention that if you're going to browse modern websites you're going to need javascript at some point.
Yep, that's why you whitelist trusted websites as you go.

>I'm really fucking stupid

isc.sans.edu/diary/Survival Time on the Internet/4721

You mean like how people whitelisted Forbes?

>Edgy
More like I don't want to install unneeded software on my computer so I can feel "protected".

No, you're edgy. AV is not the be all end all of computer security, but it's absolutely important you fucking moron.

If it's some shitty old pc just install gnu/linux

Skimming the methodology doesn't seem to reveal anything you can't stop with a basic firewall or script blocker.

What dipshit able to breach a highly trafficked website in 2016 would use it to launch attacks that only work on >10% of the installed desktop computing base?

Who?

Stupid article. Yeah let me open all my ports and let every Chinese and Russian shithead probe the shit out of my machine.

He acts like every computer gets compromised within 4 minutes

if you have common sense installed, then you can't run XP. common sense will prevent any version of XP from connecting to the internet, since a network-connected XP machine can become infected without any user interaction whatsoever (see win32Blaster and other XP-targeting malware).

>look at all this shit that happened over a decade ago when it was actually relevant
>and all the vectors are long since patched
Wew lad

blaster circulated on internal networks you fucking retard, you didn't get it from simply connecting to the internet

By googling "posready 2009 key"

If you decided to install Windows at all you gave up on security anyway. Go ahead.

>Obscure vulnerabilities

Are you kidding me? You might want to take a look at cvedetails, they aren't obscure and they are full on unpatched remote code executions

>he believes what the best buy salesmen tell him