Craigslist

Have any of you guys had experience with selling shit on Craigslist before? trying to sell my Galaxy S4 since its just sitting in the desk after my new S6, would anyone even buy an older phone like this? how do i not get raped by a pack of angry black people while selling my things?

general Craigslist tom foolery thread i suppose.

Use Kijiji instead

Yeah I've sold a few things on there before. Some Bose speakers, my old consoles, my HTC Evo 4G LTE.

I sold the EVO to some Mexican highschool girl and it was still running CyanogenMod and she didn't even know the difference which I found pretty funny. About a week later her mom texted me saying that they weren't able to activate it because it was stolen. I knew it wasn't because I had been using it myself, and I hadn't reported it stolen. So I told them to fuck off and that they have no legal justification to force me to refund them. They threatened to call the cops and I never heard from them or the police again.. strange, idk what their game was.

Just meet them in person. Bring a large male friend who isn't a pussy, and bring a weapon.

That site is pretty awesome, I always find good deals there and every time I post something for sale it's gone the next day.

Oops I meant to say meet them in a crowded public setting not in person. Of course you're gonna fucking meet them in person lol. Long day.

I've purchased a pair of monitors for $25 each and a 2000 Jetta for $1k, but I've never tried to sell anything. I've heard that people will spam with low-ball offers.

I buy and sell things often on my country's equivalent of craigslist.
Never had any conflict, but I usually meet in a mall or some coffee shop.
But since you Americans are violent and stuff do what advised

On a sidenote, I would sell the S4, it's nice to have a backup phone.

Not everybody lives in a hat, buddy!

Ive bought some shit off of craigslist before, nothing I can remember though except my surround sound

>be 18/19 something like that
>5.1 surround sound, somewhat new, sony, $30, no remote
At the time I didnt know they lost the remote with the eq set to SHIT.
>agree to meet at fast food place
>show up
>guy is straight Cred Forums, iirc even had fedora when that first became a big thing
>says he doesnt have it with him
>then wtf are we doing here.jpg
>says his family has a building a few blocks away
>loop around the block and come in from the back of the neighborhood
>steel building
>fucking huge
>like drive in and park 30 cars huge
>says "its inside, you can come in and get it"
>sketched out but give no fucks
>pull car up and park halfway in so that the door cant be shut behind me
>see the system
>pic is exact
>give 30 bucks
>he finds some bags for the small speakers
>load the shit up
>go home
>don't get raped or killed
7/10, wouldn't follow strangers home again

Dude, you either have balls of steel or was just too carefree.

>how do i not get raped by a pack of angry black people while selling my things?

don't use your real name
don't give out your phone number (communicate via email only)
don't buy from a seller that is offering to pay via paypal and asking you to mail it to them (scam)
don't buy from a seller who doesn't voluntarily offer their phone number to you first
only agree to meet in a busy, safe, and public place (i.e. not in the ghetto or someone's house)
don't reply to nigger sounding names

Probably were gonna get raped until he saw your ugly ass

Meet your buyer in some public place ... I hear some police stations even offer up a space for people to meet. I usually arrange meetings at McDonalds or Starbucks. They're everywhere, well lit, and have lots of people around. They have free wifi if you want to check that function, and for SB, power if you want to plug something in.

I don't know is nigeriabros like Samsung as much as Apple, but ignore any message asking about "your item," (vs identifying the thing you're selling.) Script is usually, "is your item available? Please tell me about its condition." And if you reply, "this would make a perfect gift for my son/nephew/etc in "

>buying some shit off craigslist
>meet up at a mall
>seller brought his GF with him
>she looks annoyed
>stares daggers at the back of his head every time he looks away from her
>clearly doesn't even want to be there
>more than half the sellers I buy from do this

The fuck are you niggers doing?

i just sold a bunk bed frame with only one mattress
the frame was 10 years old
new it cost 200 with both mattresses and i sold it for 120 within a day of the add being up
people are stupid

It's been pretty straightforward, my shit always sold within a week

Go figure. The sketchy email I got yesterday from "olivia coleman" was indeed a scammer. I put some iPad cases up for sale, but accidentally added an extra zero to the price. So that price plus "iPad" triggered their response.

Note:
The grammar
The lack of identification of the item for sale, they did copy it to the subject line, but the message text does not mention "iPad."
They often seem to ask the condition for some reason too.

In the followup emails, the story is usually either they want to send it as a gift to someone overseas, or they're too busy with work and would like it shipped.

>Email only

How not to make a sale 101 right there.

Download a free texting app like an adult so you can communicate with an actual sense of speed and can communicate when you're on your way to meet so Moines just posted in a parking lot for 40 minutes waiting

>Moines
The fuck
>No one

>mfw my friend in alaska is going to sell his laptop on craigslist and i really want to fuck with him

I need to find a fedora tard in Soldotna willing to play along and then ask him if he accepts rare pepes as payment.

What the fuck is it with the US and meeting in shady parking lot?
In Austria's Craigslist it basically goes like this
>contract seller
>ask about condition, price etc.
>get seller's address
>drive to seller's house
>check if item works
>pay seller in cash
>leave seller's house

If anybody would ask you to meet anywhere but their own house, nobody would buy anything off of them.

>select all pictures with parking lots
T-thanks

niggers with guns

Then why don't you just euthanize them all if they are so troublesome?

same as in nz/au (at least in my own experience)

because he a good boy who didnt do nothin mr officer, just need money for dem programs

Same here in Denmark too, but we also have allot of sending the payment and mail the items

What a mess of a country to live in.

Tons of shit. Cars, TV's, game consoles, phones. Goes pretty well every time. I make the ad, wait for calls, arrange a public meeting, make the deal. The worst thing I ever deal with is flakers and low-ballers, but that's rare since I'm usually clear that I won't budge on the price.

I feel bad for people who have bad experiences on craigslist, it's always been pretty alright for me.

As for your phone, someone will buy it but don't expect much. There's always people looking for cheap phones and yours is right in that sweet spot of being old enough to be cheap but new enough not to be a piece of shit.

Listen to this user. Email-only will get you exactly no replies except an inbox full of spam and scammers.

Either post your number and then block their number when you're done or just use a texting app.

It is. At least i live in rural kansas.

Does anyone know of a web text thing that works with craigslist's verification shit? I need to list my dead lawn mower under free shit and textfree doesnt work. I have VOIP line and it doesnt work for the call either.

>how do i not get raped by a pack of angry black people
Don't piss them off by showing them your post.