I got offered to buy a used Geforce 970 Asus Strix for 140$ from a friend...

I got offered to buy a used Geforce 970 Asus Strix for 140$ from a friend. I've got a Geforce 760 now and a 1080p 60Hz monitor. I'm planning to buy a 1440p G-sync monitor if and when the prices drop. Should I upgrade to the 970 now or wait and buy a 1060 or 1070 that would fit better for 1440p?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pixio-PX277-2560x1440-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B01HPDAF68/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1070 is the minimum for 1440p assuming max settings and even then you're below 60fps on regular basis.

Alright. However, I rarely play with max settings and I usually even play windowed mode. Still an issue?

get a 1070 for 1440p even windowed medium settings. the 970 isnt that fast of a card. it's a sweet spot for 1080p but not satisfying for 1440

970 for $140 is a good price. You can use it for medium 1440p gaming, but you are definitely better off with a 1070, particularly if you are getting a 1440p@144Hz screen.

That's for the modern games right? I mean the newest. What if i want to play modded new vegas. Do i still need hi-end videocards?

>actually paying hundreds more for a gimpsync monitor with proprietary hardware when you could have just bought a freesync monitor and a way better video card

i will never undrstand the logic of nvidiots

>480
>way better than the 1070
lol

whos talking about the 480?

I don't see any Freesync monitors with 27", 1440p, IPS and 144Hz being sold yet. If there were than they would absolutely be a alternative.

>1440p, IPS and 144Hz
This is my dream, down with the 4k meme

but I have one, fucking retard

>what is the xf270hu
next time google it yourself.

But then you would be forced to use AMD

>Freesync
Only amd cards
>Goysync
Only nvidia cards

Amd only copied nvidia with freesync.

Just get the 1060

what? literally the best monitor has exactly this

amazon.com/Pixio-PX277-2560x1440-FreeSync-Technology/dp/B01HPDAF68/

and you can buy like 3 AMD furys with the money you saved, rofl

Wtf. Never seen that, but it's not for sale in Sweden so I guess that's why.

Same with this, never seen it for sale here. I'd love that one though. I guess our market fucking sucks because there are only 3 monitors with those specs and they are all G-Sync.

cucked since you were born

>>>Cred Forums

dont worry mate its much more important that you import africans and muslim bombers instead of cool technology. id give up cool tech any day for that cultural enrichment

Why the fucking fuck do you keep making this thread, faggot?

be wary though because if you cross that 3.5GB mark your FPS will shit itself

I have a 1070 and a 1440p 144hz monitor and I average about 70 fps in most things at max. GTA V is really the only thing that will give me occasional drops into the 50's. Things like Overwatch, Mad Max (fun game), and Battlefield all hold at 100+ fps.

At those frequencies does g sync or freesync matter at all?

Resell it. They're $190 used on ebay right now.

Either buy a 470 after or get more money and go higher, preferably a 1070.

About the 1070, should I really worry about DX 12 or Volta being pushed next year?

Alright thanks. I'll probably do this, resell it next year or something.

do it, it's a huge leap and will allow you to continue playing current games for a while