Ebikes

Redpillme on ebikes
Are they just a new meme? Or the future of cheap and easy commuting?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SIIRo-qAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ebikes are bikes for faggots who cant pedal.

ebikes are bikes with electric engine

i slapped 50ccm 2-stroke engine on my bike, it's amazing. I can use streets, bike lanes, i can ride with engine off if i'll run out of fuel, it burns something around 2l/100km. Perfect for going around the city, i can bypass traffic jams, i can use bike lanes if streets are crowded, and i don't need to register it at all since it's not motorbike.

For the money to you pay for an ebike, might as well get a moped.

Actually, most ebikes are enabling their engines only when pedaling. It's more of assist than separate engine, allowing user to gain higher speeds.

>not being part of the peddle-and-pop master face

fuck off hippy faggot

/thread

this is stuff. stop trying to make Cred Forums deal with your shit.

>Redpill

E-bikes aren't welcome on /n/ either.

Just buy an r1 you fucking pansy

>ebikes are bikes for faggots who cant pedal.
I have to pedal uphill to get to uni and always end up being all sweaty by the time I get there
been thinking about getting a scooter or one of these

Where is that?
Here you can only use pedal-assisting systems, anything above is considered same as a scooter

Just get an electric moped. You can run the smaller ones without a license in Europe.

Just ignore the faggots over there. They claim the same thing if anyone starts a motorbike thread too, yet motorbikes are definitely /n/.

that's tough for them, because they're the transportation board. being disfavored doesn't make you Cred Forums's problem.

we don't have to take every unpopular video game and every shitty TV show, do we?

Fuck you uphill is hard

I'm wasting time with this shit

Electricity is much cheaper than food for transportation fuel purposes. The single cheapest vehicle to get around in is a recumbent ebike with bodysock.

overpriced, underpowered bullshit, get a motorized bike

No, they are definitely /o/.

Here in The Bikelands only people above 60 use e-bikes when they have difficulty riding a normal one.
But then again we barely have hills here and we're practically born on bicycles.

>tfw I'm the only one who actually checks the rules
They're non-automobile, non-military transportation. That makes them /n/ you colossal faggot.

What are gears?

I currently only see old people use e-bikes. I live in Amsterdam so bikes have always been the fastest way of transport around here. Doubt e-bikes will take over though since they'll most likely get stolen just like all other bikes.

Get an electric scooter.

>It's faster
>More comfy
>You wont get exercise on an e-bike either
>You'll still look like a faggot

I've read into ebikes a little.

By law, the max speed they're configured for is 20mph. Past that and they're classified as a moped/motorcycle and you have to get a motorcycle license and all the vehicle registration cuckshit. That by default makes ebikes a great thing, since you can just ride them and not have to worry about government nonsense. That and since they're electric you don't have to buy the petrol-jew. Electric bikes also seem easier to work on and perform maintenance.

Downside is that they're slow, a motorcycle can get you to more places reasonably.

They are good if you are commuting or do not care about sport but like slow paced traveling in the nature.

You should buy E-bikes with the Engine at the pedals. It's more efficient if it can use the gears and less prone to dirt eg.

I love my ebike!

Throttle only mode will get me ~ 20 miles at around 30 MPH top speed around the city and I can pedal for increased range or a bit of extra torque off the line.

I wouldn't replace my car with it but it's an absolute blast for going around the city.

If I had to commute longer distances I would first try to cover it with an ebike instead of a car. Currently a regular bike is fine.

Had a cheap ebike for a while.Steep 1 km hill could go up in top gear while providing about 50% of the pedalling effort. No sweat.
Replaced the tires with smooth tread tires made it quite a bit better.
Brakes wear out faster. Wheel bearings wear out ( this was the kind with the chain drive motor mounted to the frame).
Extra weight up high takes some getting used to. Bikes with features like regen braking are way overpriced.

Past time I checked motorbike general is on /o/

>I live in Amsterdam
And you reply to anons talking about hills? You probably don't even know what a hill is. I have been to your city and tried your bikes, if you used those in a Nordic country or in any part of Hibernia, you'd be laughed at. Your bikes are made for cruising on flat land which is the only terrain you have.

Honestly, at this point why not buy a fucking scooter?
In california, you need a motorcycle license to operate any motorized bikes on public streets, so why bother with that toy?

Because not everyone lives in California?

In Maryland you don't need any license for a pedelectric/ebike where for a scooter you need a license and insurance.

If you're above the age of ten and still ride bikes consider suicide.

Electric bike
No, youre defeating the purpose just get a scooter.

This. especially if you ride your dumbass toy on public streets alongside 2 ton MACHINES who don't even see you because they're watchful of OTHER CARS, not virtue-signaling cucks riding their bikes.

I have parts for one in my closet. I was going to make one for a commute back in 2012, but it didn't work out.

Actual children spotted.

What's it like having the body composition of a 90's waterbed?

What's it like being sandwiched and mangled between 2 car radiators?

bike are shit exercise.

MURDERCAGERS GET REKT

Not the user you replied to, but do you think there is only city bikes here, tough guy? There's literally millions more bikes than people in the Netherlands.

>I have parts for one in my closet
Motor kit

PapaMotor 48 volt 1000 Watt
$442.00 (papamotor 8/5/2012)

Battery & Charger
--48V 20Ah 38120 LiFePO4 Battery 32 Cells 2P16S EBike Battery Pack - Discharge Current : 30-60A
--Alloy Shell 400W LiFePo4/Li-Ion/Lead Acid Battery EBike Charger [48 volt 6amp charger]
--Double Poles Connector - Current Selection : 50Amps
$725.81 (bmsbattery.com 8/5/2012)

Keep peddling your kid bike while I pull up to your girl's house first.

People on both sides (cars and bicyclists) seem to hate them, which means that they are probably the future of urban transportation.

Bikes aren't meant to be that heavy, tho guess one would get strong if the pedaled one some of the time. Get a bike and/or a scooter

A lot of people here replaced their 50cc two stroke scooters with electric scooters. They are pretty fucking neat and I don't see why you'd bother with a bike tbqh.
You can easily ride with another person or put a full sized computer case on a scooter, not so much on a bike.

The reasoning is that even light pedaling will cut the amount of battery you need to buy and carry by a factor of about 1/2. And being able to pedal on hilly portions allows you to use a lighter motor and not burn it out

>want an electric cargo bike for dragging my groceries up long, steep hills
>they cost as much as a decent motorcycle

You should be able to build one yourself for $600-$1000

90's rigid mtb w/ slicks: $100
hub motor kit: $200
HK LiPo or Luna Shark pack: $300-$500

I live in a small city with not much of a bike layout and driving on a sidewalk is a norm.

EBike is perfect for this conditions.

says the fatburger

The MTB alone would be $250-$500 here (No lowballers, I know what I got!) and the slicks another $100
Add motor, batteries and shipping and a motorcycle quickly becomes more affordable

A used steel frame bike shouldn't cost you $250-$500 and $100 for slicks?

Also the motorcycle isn't more affordable in the long run considering you have to have mandatory insurance, registration, licensing, and pay for gas.

For instance, my ebike costs 3 cents to charge up (according to my kill-a-watt) and I can commute on it for a week.

Gasbike>ebike

-cheaper kits are a little over 100 dollars
-can fill up anywhete
-no charge time

>but do you think there is only city bikes here
No, I don't think the only bikes available in your country are city bikes. A cursory glance will tell you that those are the ones most people hav bought though. Go straw man somewhere else.
Regardless, even if that weren't the case, the main point stands. A Dutch user is not qualified to make generalisations about hills when his or her country is one of the least hilly in the world. Go compare Amsterdam to a place like Bergen, Norway or Cork, Ireland or even Berlin, Germany.

>loud
>smelly
>police magnet

Used bicycles are expensive here, $100 would get me a rusty Walmart BSO that hasn't been lubed or cleaned in about six years.

Electricity has also been quite expensive since we sold off the state power corporation to a large multinational.

>getting a moped

I might be gay, but I'm not a faggot.

Your really trying to argue that an electric bicycle will coat you more than a motorcycle? Cmon. Even a piece of shit motorcycle is minimum a grand. Gonna need gas, registration, licensing. Get real. Even if you go with a rad wagon(pre-built at 1800 shipped) over the course of a year you will have spent less. Shit, probably even 6 months.
Dumbo

>Even a piece of shit motorcycle is minimum a grand

I can get one for $300, especially now that winter is upon us.

In a lot of states you don't have to register or tag "dirtbikes," and can still ride them on non-highway roads. It's probably the cheapest way to get around that's not self-powered.

100 mpg too... e-bike range is pathetic unless you spend a lot. Sadly I doubt I can get away with it in my state. Fucking Califags win again: m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SIIRo-qAo

usually anything under 50cc doesn't need to be registered

Lol, sure.
1. I work on motorcycles, the time and money you will have to put into it won't be worth it.
2. Show me a used ad for a motorcycle that runs at 300. Cmon. Do it.

>2-stroke
>not a Honda GX25

user you're missing the point here. A motorcycle is not something you just buy & ride. Plates, registration, cycle endorsement, insurance, it adds up quick.

A motorized bicycle, electric or ICE even if it costs more upfront is going to cost less in the long run.

But have fun with a cheap ass motorcycle. I went that route when I was younger. Even if it taught me how to fix a bike on the cheap it was anything but cheap.

I did a bit of reading a while ago. A decently set up ebike would be faster than a car for my 15 km each way commute. It's worth it if you build it yourself. A few points:

Don't try to go too cheap, you need to spend a bit to have usable power and range.
I would probably build one with a Bafang motor and Jap batteries.
Stick to Japanese for batteries and get a proper 18650 pack, LiPo isn't worth it.
For my purposes mid mount was best.

I didn't end up building one because my situation changed, but I might still do one in the future.

The point here is that the cost of entry is obscene compared to a motorcycle.
A friggin' bicycle shouldn't cost as much as three or four motorcycles.