These people are now bragging about their sick 4k gaming rigs

These people are now bragging about their sick 4k gaming rigs.

>pony

yeah, Cred Forums is retarded. why is this surprising to you?

The pony guy was right

>

reeeee crapple
fuck off pajeet

also strange how linux even today can't fully get that right

depends on your definition of "functionality". if you read and write text a lot - like, i don't know, coding for a living - then having a screen that renders glyphs more sharply is a substantial improvement.

it might not make you type faster, but it's less fatiguing on your eyes.

I wonder if any of them are browsing Cred Forums right now ;^)

On Cred Forums functionality means FPS in shootan gaems with splosions

>all of of those reddit tier replies
They need to go and stay go.

Because it was 2011.

Old Cred Forums(pre-2014/2013) was cancerous as fuck. It was full of unironic Autism, meme spouting, and LARPing. People everywhere saying "you just lost the game xd" and "you win the internet". Glad I wasn't a part of it.

>he approves of the post-ironic ironic state of the internet

Man I remember that thread. So retarded.
>hurr durr what is DPI

Now I have a master race 3200x1800px (1600x900dp) non-Apple laptop and I can't go back. If you look at at lot of text because you're a developer or whatever, you're going to get the most benefit out of it. Of course, games are slow, but gaming on a laptop is retarded anyway and if you have to run games for whatever reason, you can just use a scaled resolution.

Qt 5 (Plasma 5, LXQt) and GTK3 (Gnome 3, Cinnamon) environments are perfect. It's only a problem if you have GTK2 or Qt 4 software. Also, if you have minimalist desktop-thread-tier shit, you pretty much just have to set the font size and/or Xft DPI.

>Man I remember that thread. So retarded.
these people literally still exist and still post here. if you bring up 4k monitors they'll tell you that you should get a 40" monitor and that your mouse will look microscopic on a 24" monitor. except that the 24" monitor means scaling the pixels at exactly the same amount that you scaled with the rMBP screen.

these people are still adamant that 40" is the right size for a 4k computer screen.

yeah, fully.
There are still a lot of gtk2, qt3/4, tk and other software, while on os x 99% of programs use the same CoreFoundation APIs

Yeah, true. Nothing can compete with macOS's scaling. Still, it's better to have a Linux desktop with mostly all Qt 5 and GTK3 software than to be on Windows where everything is written with a different enterprise-tier framework and random apps are unusably tiny because they set the "DPI aware" flag without having high DPI assets.

Bragging before you made an ITX with HBM2 and 700 gbps?

you just lost the game

you win the internet

>tfw no 21:9 WQHD monitor

>Old Cred Forums(pre-2014/2013)

not the guy you're replying to, but i seriously think that the reason people on Cred Forums don't understand this whole scaling thing is that other operating systems (or desktop environments, i suppose) are still catching up to where os x was even in 2013/2014.

i was at MSR in summer '15, so i had a carbon x1 (high pixel density screen) and some regular-density external monitors at my desk, and while the laptop was fine on its own, it was a total disaster whenever i plugged in to other monitors. skype blew up to 2x its normal size and whenever i dragged it from one monitor to another it had a spasm like an epileptic kid.

the surfaces were exactly the same way. great scaling on the one display, terrible performance when it tried to mix and match.

maybe someday down the road everyone will have screens with the same pixel density across the board (or windows will just figure this shit out), but as recently as summer 2015 it just wasn't up to snuff.

Get the Fuck out with your awful opinions. Cred Forums was placed on life support in 2009, and has been living a coma dream of itself ever since

Cred Forums has been shit since 2006, trust me, I was 7 back then and had the best time

>7
>17 now
B&