Red pill me on pic related. I'm currently listening to the audio signal of cable channel S10. How do I master SDR...

Red pill me on pic related. I'm currently listening to the audio signal of cable channel S10. How do I master SDR? What is some essential literature for transmitting and recieving in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

rtl-sdr.com/
sdrplay.com/
rfspace.com/RFSPACE/Home.html
hdsdr.de/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice to see other people getting into HAM radio, I have just started off myself but definitely check if there is a radio club in your area and dare I say reddit can be helpful with information and guides for instance how to set up a good antenna. Pic related my SDR out of it'a aluminium enclosure I think it's a similar one to yours just on a breakout board, is yours based on the RTL2832U?

I have this same SDR and just run GNU Radio but really would like some of the same things that OP is looking for, bamp

>not getting the rtl-sdr v3 that has hf capabilities
with that being said

Use linux for starters

for transmitting use some lower power c1101 for arduino recieve it on your sdr and decode it learn the modulations

then get your license get a table transciever for like $100 and start talking to people across the world

I have the blue one that is a little newer and is supposed to be more sensitive.

Neatest thing I can do is monitor local air traffic. Beyond that it is pretty much a waste.

get a better antenna

But why? Shit is boring. FM reception is poor. My radio with no external antenna has better signal.

to get better reception baka desu
get a scanner antenna like a discone

Yeah, I'm not putting more money in it. I thought it would be cool, but it isn't. Radio is kill.

cheap, and fun to play with
rtl-sdr.com/
those RTL-SDR dongles will run in Linux with GQRX

these are better, cost a little more
sdrplay.com/

these are best, very expensive
rfspace.com/RFSPACE/Home.html

this is some good software that can run many radios, just needs the dll or the EXIO file put in to the folder, hdsdr.de/

SDRPlay is nice, but there is no Linux software currently available for it, there is CubicSDR but it is a huge pile of crap buggy and crashes a lot, needs more development by competent coders willing to spend the time and effort to get it running good, and if the people that write GQRX grosmo-sdr and gnuradio would include support for SDRPlay that would be nice and i could abandon windows again

A proper antenna is absolutely required. Pic. related.

🤠YEEHAW🤠

Anybody else gonna buy one of these guys day 1? Its gonna be awesome to use my laptop's 2nd pcie slot for something that deserves it.

I feel like i've been waiting all my life for one of these.

Freakin sweet; this is the way to go! This would pair well with the HPSDR direct Fourier conversion work being done by Phil Harman VK6PH for amateur radio. It would also be fairly easy to adapt to alternative bus designs with PCI->USB bridge devices, Thunderbolt, etc. Wondering now how hard it would be to implement GPUDirect RDMA transfers...

I don't know most of what you just said but im gonna google all of it.

One really cool thing about it is that it has multiple antenna ports that you can switch between in software, which would be great if you wanted to thread a few different length antennas across the top of your laptop's screen for different frequencies. Or one built in set and another for a hardware mod external port. So many possibilities. I'm hyped.

Do you think in the future all devices will just have one or two SDRs instead of a bluetooth, wifi, nfc, rfid, etc, whatever else is next... ?

I just googled the thing you posted then copied a post from reddit about it so I looked knowledgable.

Namefags, I swear.

i dont know how many fucking times i have to tell you idiots to not buy nooelec shit

the weeabo who keeps creating these threads will defend his shitty purchase though despite my advice

for those of you who are not cucked, purchase your SDR from rtl-sdr.com

trust me, i have been playing with SDR before Cred Forums got wind of it. im actually the first one to post it here on 4shit

Cred Forums is a weaboo board bro. even though all of the original founders are disgusted with anime now because they have grown up and their younger shit tastes seem so embarrassing now, they really wish they could somehow remove anime form existence

Bought one on ebay for like $8 to listen to police, works pretty good

Hambro here, ask away.

SDR dongles are inferior to the equipment we generally use. They are good cheap intros radios, though.

If you really want to know about radio, go to eham.net and study for your license by taking the practice exams. Also buy (or check out) the ARRL Handbook.

>tfw HAM radio is too expensive hobby for me
>tfw poorfag

I can buy a rtl-sdr dongle for about 20 bucks, i can get a SDRPlay for about 129 bucks, that Elecraft KX3 costs quite a bit more, i think i would buy a RFSpace SDRCloud before i would buy the KX3, or even a Flex1500 would be better bang for the buck

>Elecraft
Let me commend you on splendid taste. I consider pulling the trigger on one, and the KX2 looks most splendid

t.retired milspark

You can get far with a crystal radio set. HAM ops does not have to be expensive. DIY is a big part of it.