What's your mobile battle station setup looking like

> What are some gadgets that you must take with you when you travel?

>Shit that you can't live without.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/phone/devices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only take my wallet and keys

...then you must live off the grid senpai...

X230
Chargers
One plus one
Smith and Wesson knife
Wallet
Sunglasses
Condoms
A raincoat or sweater depending on weather

Thats it fampai

>having that many usb drives
why
do you feel the need to carry your entire anime collection? Are there multiple distros you're using?

Holy shit you're all autistic as fuck. All I have in my pockets is my phone, wallet, keys, and a utility knife.

>a utility knife
lol okay

Also an otg capable usb that I lose in my pockets because its so fuccin small

looks like this
usually bring a 60% if its a longer trip

Oh and a pair of earphones as well as some facial tissues

>wallet
LEL, these things still exist?

0/10

!!!!!

?????

>no need to resharpen, just change a blade
>can carry 10 blades total
>can fuck someone's shit up despite being normally used for work
>thin blades mean you get the most 1337 sharpness especially if you carry titanium coated lenox ones like me

this is exactly what i was laughing at. thank you.

>X200
>ubuntu
laggy as fuck isn't it?

works fine for me.
threw extra ram at it and an ssd, not experiencing any lag.

What camera is that?

What backpack is that, what is that thing on the bottom left above the USB drive, where did you get that thing to the right of the backpack

Okay boss, have fun sharpening your shitty switch blade every day.

not him, but get a blade made out nice steel and you wont have to sharpen it too often
and also it wont break in half when you try do any real work with it
what the fuck do you do with yours
sharpen pencils?

sony cybershot dsc-rx1000 digital camera
mecarmy illuminex-1 flash light and backpack is "aer fit pack"

hmmmm

Anyway I used to have a $100 switchblade that was supposedly made with 1337 steel but I always found it dulling out after about a week. It pretty much became a fashion accessory I always avoided using even if I needed it for something. So eventually I went to home depot and tried just keeping a utility knife with me at all times. So far so good, lenox blades have never broken on me btw.

My utility knife has served me too many uses to list.

literally every time someone here posts that they carry a knife, they either reveal that they bring their own tools to work inventory at the back of some retail store, or they melt down as it becomes more and more apparent that they just carry a knife to make themselves feel less impotent.

so which are you?

Well I carry my utility knife because it's useful both at /home/work and on the go. It also makes me feel safer on the street at night. I always have it in my picket of course, I'm not showing off or anything.

Underrated post

>Ubuntu phone
>keys
>wallet
anyone else minimal here?

Sweet headphones

Where's your knife? You really want to be that vulnerable when some drunk/drugged up dude attacks you?

"the latter". you could've just said "the latter". don't need to type that much, friend.

In the UK and when I go outside it's to pubs and clubs so can't carry, got a spyderco UKPK though

this was my manga cafe battlestation

Comfy. Pic related, my capsule hotel battlestation.

>thinkpad t420
>xiaomi redmeme note 3 pro
>xiaomi piston 3
>wallet
>keys

even hostels in Japan were comfy as fuck.

All this shit
A modern smart phone can do everything that you need according to what u packed.

Why not just a smart phone and a big USB drive?

Isn't feeling less impotent the whole point of carrying a knife?

coulomb mod, brat. I haven't seen penspinning stuff in years

I wish I could spin it. Sadly, only Buster CYL seems to look good with my hands.

>Moto G
>multitool with housekey and clip for $
Literally one item in each pocket, doesn't get any more minimal.

I am a victim, too. dr. comssa here

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a university student.

On a day-to-day basis, I generally carry my iPhone 7, an LTE-enabled 12.9" iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard, an Apple Pencil, and a USB battery with two Lightning cables. And an Apple Watch, if you're counting that.

If I'm anticipating a need for a "battlestation", however, I also carry a 13" Macbook Air. Using Duet Display, I can convert the iPad into a second display for the Macbook, and, since they're roughly the same size, that works out really well. Doesn't get much more "battlestation" than true portable multi-monitor.

I carry all of the above in an Incase Icon, which, as far as I know, is bar-none the best tech backpack in existence. It's actually kind of excessive for me. I'm currently looking for something a little more minimal, for the former loadout in which I only really carry the iPad.

Wrong board, faggot.

Don't be a shithead. Have you ever actually used the hardware in question? It's very, very good. I hardly need a laptop for anything anymore.

serious question why are you on Cred Forums if you know nothing about technology

phone pouch with cards and money
keys

How do you find the Ubuntu phone?

you probably stick of BO and dried semen.

I know a lot about technology. I've probably been on this board longer than you. My choice of ecosystem is a calculated one, based on years of experience.

ubuntu.com/phone/devices
usually out of stock, took me about a week of looking on ebay to find the one I wanted

>Xperia Play
>Nexus 5X
>Spinning pen
I see a lot of myself in you.

you sound like a posh cunt whos parents buy him everything

what?

Nah, I just went to a shitty community college on a full Pell Grant and got huge refunds. These are educational expenses.

And frankly, it's 100% worth it. When you're carrying one iPad instead of two notebooks, a textbook, and a laptop, you'll want to shoot every motherfucker on Cred Forums for trying to tell you not to.

>not carrying a multitool

I didn't know we were including multitools. I'm partial to the Leatherman Surge, mostly because of its scissors, which are really hard to beat, as multitool scissors go.

how much ram and what brand ssd m8?

>Galaxy Note 4
Don't need to carry anything else with my door being a numeric keyless lock and Google Pay being accepted everywhere I go. Take notes on the phone when needed with muh stylus.

I don't know how you fuckers get away with carrying pocket knives, while I am in the US and am white, there is no way I am carrying anything that I can be charged for

>inb4 you can carry it if its under six inches

They'll charge you with whatever they want to charge you with. Literally the best pocket knife I had was a box cutter, it did everything I could need, but I'm not risking getting a possession of a deadly weapon charge. It's literally easier to carry a gun in the USA than a knife.

im brittish and my knife is huge so its definately illegal
i probably shouldnt carry it but its actually legit useful for work and innawoods

Whats the serial cable for?

Whats the nokia in that bag?

ssd i actually cant remember the brand its just a cheap ass 120
ram is 6gb

>reading material
>flashlight
>8p AND USB console cables
>calculator

Hello, fellow IS drone.

What kind of effeminate bitch numale worries about carrying a small blade?

I'm only half-white and have been frisked by NYPD on multiple occasions. Nobody ever gave me shit for carrying a multi-tool with a 4" blade on it. Matter of fact a few times they complemented me on it and asked which model Leatherman it was.

Quel métier mon bon amis ?

>NYPD

You have yet to meet flyover law enforcement I see. I'm a poorfag which means I walk everywhere I need to go, I work at night, I have been stopped three times in a month because somebody seen someone outside walking and decided to call 911. I'm not risking getting on the wrong side of the cops attention just to prove that I can carry a knife.

Condoms are a great idea. Don't want those chargers to get wet when rain comes

> Meme bingo
House!

>just to prove that I can carry a knife

It's not a fucking status symbol you fairy. It's a tool. If you don't need one, fine, but stop peddling this bullshit narrative that cops throw you up against the wall for having a leatherman.

>people carry more than a phone, wallet and keys with them

holy shit, what type of autism is this?
The only thing I can justify is a small laptop, depending on your job requirements, and even that is a stretch.

>stop peddling this bullshit narrative that cops throw you up against the wall for having a leatherman.

Get out more user.

And its actually a tool I need but stopped carrying after getting so much police attention.

>I need but stopped carrying after getting so much police attention.

Are you running around with it in your hands? How the fuck are you getting police attention by having a fucking small tool in your pocket? Jesus Christ, I thought white fragility was a joke, but I guess it's an actual thing. You effeminate white boys are actually terrified of the most hilarious shit. Fuck off to your safe space man. I live in the goddam Bronx and deal with police rougher than yours all the time. You are literally scaring yourself to death for nothing.

Has it ever occurred to you, anyone that says they want to stay off the police radar usually has a reason to not want to attract attention to themselves?

I always forget you enter here often.

>something the size of a pen in my pocket
>attracting attention to myself
Pick one.

Which Leatherman you got senpai. Wave reporting in here

This headphone audio quality is top tier, too bad it is uncomfortable as fuck in long uses.

Phone, Wallet, Keys, Earphones.
If I'm going to uni I'll also bring my iPad Mini, and if I need to use a laptop, I'll bring my X1 Carbon

Wave. Good choice user.

>I live in the goddam Bronx

I honestly don't see how you can carry around my than 4 items without a bag. How do you do it Cred Forums?

Use a bag. Everyone will call you a faggot until their phone dies or they need a pair of scissors. Then you're a fucking hero.

Women carry purses for a reason: they're useful. Don't let a misguided sense of masculinity get in the way of practicality.

A small side bag. People often call it a purse, but they don't understand.

Y'all niggas is gay.

that x200 looks comfy as fuck

>college
Thought so, all your devices become useless the second you start doing any real work.
There's a reason why we tell all the iToddlers to fuck off.

it is
SO comfy

Last time I went camping, I didn't even bring a charger.

>camping
>charger

how would you even be able to use one?

portable charger, generators

a bag

I had a generator, and an inverter in my truck.

My smartphone has replaced pretty much everything. So that and a wristwatch cause it's shit checking a phone for just the time.

School
>Backpack
>Orange Bic pens and simple/cheap A4/A5 notebooks.
>Nexus 7 2012 (For books and fucking around at home)
>Other stuff for school
+ Every day stuff
>Xperia M5
>Wallet and keys

>I hardly need a laptop for anything anymore.
>I also carry a 13" Macbook Air.
You're really an idiot.

>implying anyone on Cred Forums knows anything about technology
except maybe what x265 and 10-bit encoding are for their asian cartoons

Or a messenger bag if you don't care aesthetics and want more practicality. Or if you aren't a faggot. Both are good arguments.

9/10

Usually, Nexus 6, $5 Big Lots headphones, wallet, chink bluetooth headset, knife, and of course keys. If I'll need to get work done or will be gone a while, a laptop bag with my HP Omen 15t and power brick in it, along with a PS2 controller and USB adapter..

Laptop, charger, phone, phone charger and a power bank along with my wallet and keys

Gun keys wallet

>punisher sticker
>huge knife

u scare yet senpai?

College huh? I'll have you know my 27 inch iMac, 12" Macbook, and iPhone 7+ help me through art school and all my hobbies and interests are fulfilled through these things.

Backpack

Alright, how does the belt fit into this scenario

its a collar

Do you browse /k/?

yea

phew. Im ok now. at first I thought you might be capable of some nefarious deeds. But now i know the only thing your capable of is being gay.

being gay is the most nefarious of deeds.

KZ ATE MATE

new knife & strap ?

Wallet and keys. Anything else is autism that needs to be fixed with Lobotonomy.

Is that a GOAT 4?

If so, ayy

Lumia 822

I always carry my laptop, charger, cat5e patch cord, mini and micro USB, a flash drive, and a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I also carry a little emergency bag containing a flashlight, a screwdriver and a set of common and security bits, a set of lockpicks, an old smartphone with no SIM card, matches, and some basic first aid stuff.
If I'm going any further than class, I usually take a thin raincoat (rolled up), a change of clothes, and a small towel.
With all that stuff, I still have room in the backpack for a couple of notebooks.

>Whats the serial cable for?
configuring routers and switches.
I'm currently training for my CCNA

Encore toujours étudiant.

When I travel I take a pack of clothes, my wallet, my keys, my phone and my kindle if it's a long flight.

Be me, be in uniform boy scouts walking to jamboree in D.C.

Get stopped by some secret service. They find pocket knife and flip out. Tell me I can't bring it with me if I am headed this way or I can keep it but have to leave the area. Knife was $40 Christmas gift (big deal for me), figure I'll drop it off nearby and come back in a bit.

Walking back home Cops stop me, freak out and confiscate it. Never see it again, but make it in time for opening ceremony.

I have had so many pocket knives confiscated by Cops, I just stopped carrying them as it was adding up to a lot of money and more headache then not having one on a deep woods camp out.

If a rich white boyscout has that much trouble, I hate to think how much a grown black man would have given the issues of our time. Than again D.C. is nuts.

>allowing cops to just stop you and search you
there's your problem

I didn't know my right back then, I was always taught government worked for the betterment of the population.

Having learned more I found those right just mean sitting in a police station for a day after trying to help people.

Word to the wise if you ever save someones child from a burning building and the first cop on the scene detains you for suspected arson, get a lawyer till their mother can get out to of the hospital to clean your name.

Oh, you mean like programming? I have code editors on my iPad that sync via git. Can't compile, but can definitely edit.

Speaking of compiling, I can compile remotely if I want via SSH or MS Remote Desktop, depending on the platform and situation. I can even do that from outside my LAN, thanks to the VPN I set up.

Oh, and it's also worth noting that MS Office, literally the world's most common productivity software, is nearly feature-complete on the iPad Pro, and is more than adequate most of the time.

You don't have to be retarded to want a device that isn't an experimental hot mess like Windows and Android are.

I carry my laptop when, and only when, I expect that I'm heading into some Real Heavy Shit. If I'm going to need flash drives, if I'm going to need 5 tasks visible at once, if I'm going to need to download a bunch of shit and move it around, then I bring my laptop. But that's rarely the case. Generally, the iPad fulfills my day-to-day needs.