Laptop thread

What laptop do u use g?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-8470P-Laptop-Core-i5-3210M-2-50-GHz-Build-your-Own-Business-Laptop-/162051255439?var=&hash=item25bb01ec8f:m:mj2aoeg-iH5bJgQOWvLiYYw
amzn.com/B0048ZBL0Q
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02474306
smxi.org/docs/inxi.htm
forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=29&sid=f8f3b82091affda5739339fb96518bac
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/laptop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

w510 big guy mode

Just an IdeaPad S10, my Latitude XT2 broke. Probably going to replace it with another XT2 till I can afford a Let's Note

T430
Soon I'm gonna migrate to Dell Venue 11 or Dell Venue 10.

Sitting on a W520

x200s

Best laptop I've ever had.

T420 dankpad

>hdmi instead of DP
into the trash

Best girl

I'm not autistic so it doesn't bother me. Besides, I've never seen a DP connector before. Meanwhile I see HDMI literally everywhere.

shitty 10 inch netbook, but works smooth with that OS, thinking about T450, what do u think about that?

why stacking wm?

ThinkPad T420s - i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, Windows 10 and Fedora 24 dual boot.

>I've never seen a DP connector before
get outta my Cred Forums

W520 or MBA

The fuck are you on about?

You don't belong here

Why doesn't Panasonic sell the Let's Note outside Japan? They have that perfect 2000's laptop aestetic.

A Lenovo Yoga 13 and a 2011 Macbook Pro.

No fucking shit, you just said that. But I definitely do and am asking why you think otherwise.

No clue. Sucks though, I'd really prefer mine to not have all the useless Japanese shit on the keyboard and an ANSI return key.

T520 Memepad.

They do user

HP Elitebook 2540p
It's great, I got it for $60 used
1280x800, 16:10 best aspect ratio
i7 640LM, it's only 2 cores but 4 threads
4gb RAM and 1.8" and 2.5" drive bay, battery life is great as well, keyboard is spill proof and it's okay

That's not a Let's Note.

not seeing display port is like not knowing who mr stallman is.
If you haven't ever seen a DP connector it means you don't see much hardware in your shitty excuse of life. This means you don't belong here.

look like shit, buy TP, used are cheap too

yes it is

Presario M2000. Got it for free. Had to replace the HDD and keyboard, but now it's in like new condition. Too bad I can't find a battery. Reseller scum on eBay is going to charge more for the battery than the entire laptop is worth.

I think the hardware configuration consists of a 1.6 GHz CPU with 768 MB RAM. I dual-boot Slackware and XP on it, although I don't allow XP to have network access.

Fuck off retard

Oh okay
>14"
Damn, you got my hopes up for nothing.

Alienware :)
(posted from my desktop machine though)

>This means you don't belong here.
silence now, virgin

I don't think your mother would agree on that.

Docked T420 as my main machine (dual 16:10 monitors)
G50-80 as a thing to play games on
PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) as a machine to mess around on and shitpost about

w541

>gayming laptop
>gayming laptop
>nvidia graphic in laptop
>gayming laptop
just why?

why are you always responding to yourself, jordan?
You do realize how pathetic it is?

>why stacking wm?
Easier for someone who's never used a tiling wm. I sometimes let others use my laptop if i'm travelling with someone or i've got a friend over and i'm on my desktop and they want to use a computer.

x260

Thinkpad 13

do you*

I prefer nvidia. Yesterday I went to Best Buy to upgrade my desktop's GTX 660 to a modern card (was going to buy the 1060) but when I got there they only had 1070 and 1080 which wouldn't probably work in my machine because when I looked at the box they have 8 pin connectors and my computer only has 6! Turns out the 1060 is that way too, so I bought an AMD card that only needed a 6 pin connector.

It took me 2 hours to install my graphics card, lol.

X220

>why stacking wm?
not him, but why would I want my desktop to be as cramped as an IDE, just to post on Cred Forums?

Asus K55A but I want to switch to a ThinkPad X220

There is only one acceptable answer and you know what it is.

Wow, you turned off your tripcode, this means it's not you!
And after being told to stop samefagging you always post proof in scrot. What a coincidence.
Seriously, just fucking kill yourself. Everyone wants you dead, even your own family.

This is better than any thinkpad for the same price. A used T420 cost twice as much

If I samefag I just do it with my name on because idgaf mate

I think you missed something
>poop_flusher
That's a very adequate name.

I don't care if you know my steam profile, I just deleted it because it wasn't the correct file.

You're a human trash that deserves no respect whatsoever

XPS 13

your point?

My current "laptop" is a Surface Pro 4.

Trying to sell it and get a new Thinkpad X260

You should stop breathing and wasting our valuable air.

This Probook 6460b thats replacing a T61

I had that laptop. It's a poor, poor excuse for a laptop even when it came out. The hinges just disintegrated, and it was a housefire. Don't they come with AMD CPUs?

P40 yoga. Smooth af desu

rate my !RIGjORdAn. Fri Oct 1 13:47:35 2010 No.13518548
well I can't really play now as it's mid-day and the internet in my dorms is shit, but my name in steam is poop_flusher if you wanna play sometime

There are a few different CPU configurations, according to a quick Google search. Mine has a Celeron.

Haven't noticed any hinge or overheating issues. That might have been specific to the configuration you had.

My dad still has his with the stock XP install full of viruses. And yes, there are AMD ones. IIRC he still uses it to sync stuff to his iPhone and iPad.

I don't give a fuck about you or your air. Have you considered that?

Yes.
That's why you'll be always hated on this board. You well deserved that, you attention whoring insecure subhuman. I'm wondering how pointless and sad your life is if you decide to whore yourself on anonymous site.

im gay

T520 for home, desk use; and an X220 for on the go and in bed use.

X220 can get rather hot, needs a new nipple mouse, and probably a new keyboard because the trackpoint's middle button is hanging by a thread, and I'd really like to get that new keyboard clickness back. I also dropped it a bunch of times so I'd ideally replace the chassis. And now that I'm realizing all of this, I might as well get an IPS display. But I'd rather put that money on a new thinkpad, macbook pro, or chromebook pixel 2.

Anyone know of laptops that are thinkpad-like in build quality, have a trackpoint (if no trackpoint, then a really good touchpad), has solid specs (at least haswell or newer, and 8GB or higher of RAM), good screen (at least 1600x900), and is a little more portable than X220; that I can get off ebay for $500 or so? I'd really like to stick to thinkpads for memes and for the glorious trackpoint, but Lelnovo has been sketchy as of late and have been making sketchy changes to the thinkpad line ever since they acquired it from IBM. Oh yeah, and at least thinkpad-level Ganoo/Linux support.

Comfy

Dankpad T420

i bought my laptoo at an online BTO shop.

HP Compaq 6730b and a Thinkpad T60p

>tfw jordan added himself to the known tripfag list on Cred Forums wiki
Everytime you think how bad your file is you should remember this could be worse.

This is depressing as fuck

Anyone have any recommendations for a laptop with a high resolution like 3000 x ???? display or more that's cheap? Not concerned about any other specs just a high screen solution.

I never even knew there was a Cred Forums wiki desu

Guys, stop bullying me. I'm very suicidal.

Elitebooks 6390p and 2740p, a 17" Toshiba satellite with sandy Bridge in. I fuck around with even older stuff though

Hi Jordan. :^)

fuck off im the real jordan

>So retarded that he didn't even read our sticky

i3 - fuck smartphones

Why would I read some trash sticky that advertises some retard's pet projects unless I was a newfag? I filter stickies because they are always worthless

are you me?
you better stop using my name or else

>>tfw jordan added himself to the known tripfag list on Cred Forums wiki

Or else what?

I don't even use a tripcode, dude.

Fuck off retard

ENOUGH

or else my boyfriends gonna be here any minute, and he's black and he'll kick your ass

overpriced alienware laptop

i bought it in 2009 when i was ignorant of computer hardware.

it's not bad performance-wise. i could play 4k videos on it.

There are a bunch of cons

>heavy as fuck (it's like 15 pounds)
>difficult to take a part
>fan is loud as fuck
>overheats
>battery is a piece of shit( i barely used it and the thing stopped working)
>sata 2
>the top of the monitor is very sharp(if someone fell on it they would probably get cut open)

>E460
not easy to find an affordable 14" FHD laptop

posting my laptops
1/4

I have this, got it for $400

Great laptop

2/4

should i get this or an elitebook? elitebook seems superior but i heard hp laptops don't work well wth linux

3/4
you shouldn't get the laptop you quoted, it's got a Pentium II

4/4

well the elitebook i am talking about has i5 and better

ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-8470P-Laptop-Core-i5-3210M-2-50-GHz-Build-your-Own-Business-Laptop-/162051255439?var=&hash=item25bb01ec8f:m:mj2aoeg-iH5bJgQOWvLiYYw

i5 or better*

ibm model m?

you use your laptop as a tower?

should I get a Chromebook Pixel 2 or take a gamble on the chinese knockoff x62?

dirty beat up T410s

>

M4800 with 24 gigs of ram and three SSDs. Beast.

Dad?

x220

A proudly freedom-respecting X200.

Asus G53JW

No, I'm just a random guy.

Just like his dad

Well, I don't think he knows his real dad

That was my point

Dell Chromebook 11 (plus I installed Ubuntu via crosh)

Holy shit, this thing looks hot as fuck. desu senpai i want one
Where can i get one, is this a nippon thing only?

my x230 looks ugly as fuck in comparison

I can't really get behind the large mobile workstations when you can just RDP.
>memeing computer
faggot

Is there a better program like Figlet with more options?

whas your verdict on the zenbooks? what do you use yours for mostly?

They're like $4k and only available in Japan. There are sites you can order them on though

Good device. Use it for everything - work and entertainment. Definitely not a gaming machine but can play dota. Wish it had more ram but it's just that my use case is weird: running 2 vms and chrome+Firefox all the time. Battery good too. Only complaint is brightness keys don't work in leenooks , I can manually bind them in X but never bothered since I can adjust via software.

I think was a lot of, but I don't remember any try read manual of figlet, maybe figlet is more customizable

I got it for 100

Acer E5-575G-53VG with Ubuntu.

I have a Dell latitude 3340 because our school was renting them
>gonna end up buying it hopefully, because muh security
That fucking dell shit now have broken screen (or bleeding ) because my books and the laptop's stupid battery stand design inequally distribute the pressure.
A few months ago , I bought this >pic related to prevent such happening again and because my country have quite extreme climate I no longer have to worry about because this laptop, according to the specs sheet, can handle -20 degrees.

>X220
>sturdy
Did you mean X220i?
I would also recommend HP 2570p when it comes to sturdiness

P50, it's pretty nice.

Suggest me a good laptop with a 1080p screen, 8GB RAM, SSD and good linux compatibility for around $500

I like the aesthetics

x220 and macbook pro 13 2012

T550

Good idea to use the adapter like that :)

This bad boy is super comfy when it has this handle
I can shitpost everywhere and then close the lid with a satisfying click
>see previous posted image and see the top
That thing keeps the lid from opening.

Why do u need so much computers?
ugly bar in ubuntu

X200 tablet

I am probably going to pick up a P50 ThinkPad.

had the macbook since 2012, got a couple of years back the x220. Picture is from shit blog. Running Antergos with i3 on my x220, no shitbuntu. Although Xubuntu is comfy.

This sexy beast with a slice battery

it's about 4 years old now

Can get for around 500?

t400

my favorite I've had simply for the keyboard, so goddamn comfy.

Thinkpad X200T for networking and programming.

Asus ROG G501VW for gaymin and power on the go.

[spoiler] I use my Thinkpad more [/spoiler]

>all these laptops that dont respect your freedoms

libreboot x200

>trannyboot social justice bios
Discarded

Win 7
8 gigs ram
250G boot SSD
1T HDD
Custom boot screen and manufacturer logo.

This faptop is old and always requiring maintenance.
CPU and GPU repaste, new GPU fan, and multiple cleanings. Now my Usb ports are malfunctioning.

>Discarded

Just like you discarded your morals and dignity when you bought a laptop that doesnt respect your freedom?

Just bought a ASUS R558UV-XO056T 15.6. It's pretty good. Can play dota and shit. It's good as an all purpose because that's all I got. I don't have a desktop.

W520 myself, Out of interest how do you find the W510? What do you use it for mainly and which OS is installed? Am I right in thinking it is 16:10.

Yessir $20 Craigslist find
Haven't owned a desktop in like five years, kind of wanting to build a home server though

>discarded your morals and dignity
>funding a tranny that wants to destroy FSF and GNU
Try again eunuch.

thinkpad x230

>Best laptop I've ever had.
I do love the X200S. Small, light and powerful.

HP Compaq nx6325

it might be old old but it has all the qualities Cred Forums loves about the thinkpad and it has enough power to be useful in everyday life, just need to change the battery since 1h is not enough to carry it around

Same =) i got a x220 and it got all of this

>>funding a tranny that wants to destroy FSF and GNU

You mean the developer that was employed for 6 months and then fired?
The project is more that one man/woman, it was here before and will be her long after.
Though I shouldnt be surprised you are this shortsighted.

Surface book, it's alright i guess.

This is a laptop thread.

+1 of a thousand suns.
It's also extremely pedantic.

I use an old x301 I fixed up. Runs pretty well

Did you buy a pass? I've got a libreboot X200 and can't post on Cred Forums with it because the captcha is nonfree.

I use asus rog gl557 or something near it model number wise. Give it to me straight OP, am I a faggot?

T420 with Windows 7 and Fedora 24.

x220 with Debian

Only bad thing about the X220 is the unfortunate 16:9 cancer. X201 is so hard to find

16:9 is cool
it doesn't really mater for using shell and python ^^

It's a retarded aspect ratio for a laptop, 4:3 and 16:10 are where it's at

X61s with ultrabase for home use.

>replying to trolls
Nobody is actually librefagging on Cred Forums newfag. They just chest-beat about it because it guarantees replies.

hp dv5 2135-dx
Not the best, not amazing, nothing special
But it is decent and and special/amazing to me with the 8GB RAM and SSD upgrades. Blazing fast now.

amzn.com/B0048ZBL0Q

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02474306

I want to squeeze my bang for the buck by selling it off like this. How much should I value it at, gee?

I don't to over-value it, though.. But I do want my bang for the buck because of the 8GB RAM and SSD in this

Not my photos

1/3

2/3

I just assumed it was designed to be used like that.

Not the guy you're talking to. I've used computers since I was born, I've personally owned around five machines, and I spend all my free time looking at tech shit.

Why on earth would I need Display port? VGA and DVI always served me fine, and HDMI for most people look just as good as display port.

Bering an autistic fuck about displays the same way audiophiles bitch about perfectly good headphones is not different than what you're doing.

Fuck off.

No you are not him. You are Jordan.

Also quit being rude and say hello to him:

X220T

Love Getac, hate the fucking keyboard.

I'd fuck my Dell Chromebook if I could, I love it so much. Do you have the 2014 version before they screwed it over with the student shit?

x1 carbon

Thinkpad T440
>inb4 keyboard and trackpad suck on that model
Yeah, it was cheap and I never undock it. I'll swap out the trackpad one of these days.

T530

Might upgrade next year when Lenovo releases the new T series if it has pascal and thunderbolt.

X220 w/ Ubuntu 16.04
The definition of comfort.

>Also sometimes it's nice to be able to just move something on the screen with your finger.
Yeah man I love smearing finger grease all over my screen too. Touch is a meme faggot. Take your shilling elsewhere.

>15" macbook pro
>T420 docked
>dell inspiron 13"

Feels good man

No latitudes?

Businesses buy them, and you can get them off lease for cheap. I got my E6420 for ~$300 without a hard drive, then I just popped an SSD in.

Screen is 1080p and comes with 8G ram and a i7-2760m - kinda power hungry, but is a quad core which is nice. I usually get ~5 hours off a charge with low screen brightness.

its kinda fuckin heavy though

same here, wish I had something that wasn't so power hungry but it's a very comfy laptop overall

The one I bought

Memepad x220

Recently bought a refurb X230. Best keyboard I've ever typed on, by far. Pisses all over mechanical keyboards.

This shitty cheap Acer laptop. It doesn't run Debian and the latest Arch Linux kernel panics on boot. Absolute shit

Samsung R70, will be 10 years old next May.
Core2Duo T7300, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8600GS

Running Debian

Thinkpad SL510 because i hate myself

either x220 or t420 soon because the ram and ssd are drag and drop but the cpu re-up would be nice

if i stop being a cheap pick a macbook pro but by that point i wouldn't hate myself and it wouldn't be me : (

Look at this retard, doesn't know that stallman is meme and nobody really takes that foot fungus eating parrot fucker seriously. No one.

I have heard mixed reviews about this. are they good?

I honestly have a hard time believing that. Sure trolls can be pretty convincing but I'm 100% positive legitimate delusional freetards are on this board

lenovo G50

bought for 250. good reliable computer with decent specs.

x61 vs T60p
which one would be faster in CPU performance?

i got t430, i'm thinking about copping an x201

t60, x61 is lower power platform

x220t
xubuntu 16.04

Both are pretty weak by modern standards. An SSD is major gain since all hard disks of that era are slow.

Friend of mine switched HD from x61 to t60p and observes slowdown of ubuntu installation. He also switched ram from x61 to t60. Does it men he have to reinstall os?

so much this, even a modern hdd can revive a slowpad, ssd's are hyperspeed

not usually, maybe he has a slower disk, or if he brought the disk over too it might be in the wrong mode in bios ie. IDE move vs AHCI

If someone uses 60W power supply for 90W laptop can he observe OS slowdown?

also, were they equally spec'd?

if it was a pimped out x platform CPU vs a low range t that could be the difference

general slow work, youtube movies slow as fuck, firefox freezes etc.

the testicles are designed to work just below body heat, i'd advise lower wattage unless you're a sperg, then advise a gaming laptop

>so much this, even a modern hdd can revive a slowpad, ssd's are hyperspeed

Also booting a live Linux from USB to RAM, or a live multiboot OS system like FalconFour which is insane useful.

well t60p is about 2,5 year older than x61
T60p has this CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7600 @ 2.33GHz

if it's a software problem there will be many signs in the logs, timeouts, notices, errors, bitches and complains, but if seem like they might have either set their dick in the wrong mode or are have lower grade cpu, or just have a defective device. I would run memtest and spinrite

I would think no OS reinstall needed. I swap Linux drives all the time.

You REALLY need to consider what CPUs are in those machines. x61 and t60p don't indicate what CPU is in the t60p.

This will help look them up, or you can install inxi and run

inxi -Fc3

to display hardware information.

smxi.org/docs/inxi.htm

7500 in x61 if i recall
7600 in t60p for sure

Here's the T6x forum:

forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=29&sid=f8f3b82091affda5739339fb96518bac

Your bro can figure out if he has any upgrade parts he could toss into the T60p. Some people really love the things and mod them heavily.

x201s

I even found benchmarks online saying this t60p cpu should be faster than cpu in x60

> =)
> ^^
Please stop.

Can you educate me on R series? Are they good for anything?

>using a laptop

Where do you live? Here the X201 is just as widely available as the X220 and quite a bit cheaper as well.

OK : ^)

how is it?

r u upset : ^ ^ ^^)

toilet paper?

$200 Chromebook masterrace reporting in. That's my secondary device after my gaming rig.

I have installed Lubuntu via crouton and it became an ultimate mobility tool.

this one looks fucking hot

13" MBP (mid-2012 non-Retina) but I upgraded it to 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD as soon as I got it

Still lightning fast more than 4 years after I bought it

>realizing any benefit with HDMI
into the loony bin

What do you use it for senpai? Chromebooks are looking more appealing by the day for me, but I'm still hesitant to get one because I'm not sure how capable they really are.

took you 2 mins to boot and fetch?

what a novelty

dell inspiron 15
one of the cheaper ones
just werks (once you install linux on it)
battery is dreadful, 3-5 hours though that's more of a linux issue

>w541
love the boxy but sleek and slim design

Surface 3 (4GB, 128GB), makes a fucking great netbook, the trackpad might be small but it's responsive as fuck. Also has a pen digitizer so I can draw lewds. The kickstand was pretty bad on my old Surface Pro 1, but there's more positions on the 3, so I haven't found a situation where it didn't work.

Recently just retired my rMBP13 because of how fucking bloated OSX has become. You knows there's a problem when an Atom fucking piece of shit lags and stutters a less than a Haswell i7 for daily tasks. I have a feeling that OS X will never be as fast as Mavericks was.

Considering I have this nice desktop sitting in front of me, do you really think I use that thinkpad fulltime?
It's generally monitoring network traffic sitting off to the side, it shouldn't shock you that there is a 2 minute lull between booting up and me turning back and running screenfetch.

I got this one last year because I had to leave home for a couple months.

Now I use it for watching movies and surfing on my bed. Sometimes I take it to my office so I don't have to login my shit on my -probably monitored- work computer.

Best thing I like about this computer, it last +10 hours with single charge, and I can rely on it.

>posting a tablet in a laptop thread

It's a laptop 70% of the time I use it and it works pretty great as one, it honestly sucks as a tablet. No floppy laptop hinges to worry about.

sounds sweet. Have you tried playing any games on it at all? Being able to emulate neo geo/snes and running 2d indie games would pretty much make it a instant buy for me.

HHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It should be more depressing he saved up all his money and wasted it on an alienware laptop instead of getting a decent desktop.

>o huhuhuh, i have to get this defensive

learn to take a lite jab sperg, nice bong though

im sure it helps you pass the time between reboots

It's a tablet or a tablet with a keyboard 100% of the time.

If you thought that was defensive you should re-read your own post.

The desktop reboots maybe once a month, the laptop I only have on when I'm specifically doing something in linux or monitoring network traffic, so boot isn't an issue, not to mention the T420 has an SSD for the boot drive so it boots to my desktop in about 15 seconds.

This particular model has a low end Celeron CPU (N2840), an actually a rebranded ATOM chip so probably it would suck at gaming.

I tried but couldn't install Age of Empires II, that was my closes attempt. But you can have linux on it, I assume you can play low demanding games on it.

I installed a CAD software via wine (Chromeos -> Lubuntu -> Windows) the performance was mediocre

I currently have an MSI GE62. I'm going to buy an Asus G752.

>kicking that stand so hard

what a bad design, literally broke my s1 because it was stupid

at the dc. it was a pain to go fetch a crash cart. never again

Thinkpad X200

Jesus christ, trying to use the SP1 on my lap, my eyes were almost perpendicular to the screen.

dude my computers at home are nicer at my worstation at work is fucking retarded compared to that pile

you slap 6 cores in a /r/cyberpunk case and come shitposting here with 24gb i n tri channel

if you have 2k to spend on a desktop you have 90 bucks to spend on the tampad

what are you trying to prove? that you you windows? im rattled

Elitebook 8570w and 2170p

I've been using a CF-C1 lately. I love being able to take hand written notes on it. Also hot-swap-able batteries are super cool.

Other then that and being durable it's not great, small keyboard and definitely not a powerhouse. But it works great for what I wanted it for.

>Also hot-swap-able batteries are super cool.
This. I used to have a Dell laptop that had a dedicated battery bay and two bays for floppy/optical drives, you could pull both drives out and have three batteries. Shit was cash

h mapped to right control key

Desktops are not as comfy to use in bed as laptops.
Source: using this desktop in my bed as I post this

Ah, that's a shame. would have loved to have an ultraportable arcade machine.

>and come shitposting here with 24gb i n tri channel
I have quad channel just need to RMA a bad stick

also my case isn't /r/cyberpunk it's Cred Forums

Not to mention, what are you even talking about? You're the one who tried giving me shit for taking TWO whole minutes to boot up and run screenfetch. Just to make you happy, here is a screenfetch taken under a minute.

Then get an Asus E200HA, gets 13 hours battery life browsing the web. It's fast enough to play Skyrim on med/low settings at native resolution at about 25-35FPS. Even if you thrash the Intel Atom, it would still last 5-7 hours on a single charge.

>Font: Terminus Bold 10
Lad there's no Terminus anywhere on that top

>Jordan@BEDRIG strikes again
Fuck off m80

Sorry for the Potato, it's a HP Omen. It had good specs for under s Grand. I can Warthunder in Ultra, and it's good.

541 my dude :)

see, that's not so hard is it?

thank you

are you trying to make a shitty joke or are you actually retarded?

show me where terminus is and I'll believe you're not just trolling for responses

Looks like a nifty machine, but kinda pricey around here. I can't seem to find one used for under 250 euro.

Half of the fun for me is finding electronics for dirt cheap, so I'm trying to find something around 150 right now. Still, thanks for the reccomendation, I'll keep an eye out.

that machine is nothing, i used to manage a store and break them over my lap for fun. what a stupid concept. it seems cool until you use it. the screen is far less useful than expected.

Literally everything...

It makes me sad still I only have two batteries... Gonna cost me like 50$ to get a third battery...

But hey, I can still remove one and make it a third as heavy. Other great thing about this lil one is it weighs around 4lbs

Sorry meant 3lbs

I'm thinking about getting a refurbished Latitude E7470 off ebay for about $650. Not sure if it's a good idea, though.

>Asus E200HA
Looking at it, it seems fine until ram.
Just 2gb of ram? Sorry my phone has that beat.

If that's not easily up-gradable its useless trash.

I don't lappie currently, but if I did right now, I would go with a Z170 Clevo, single GPU model. And install OS to PCI-e Samsung SSD. Use SATA SSD for storage.

Jordan the basement dweller. Out of 10 how disappointed are your parents of you?

Surprisingly usable with 2GB, 15 tabs work fine on Chrome. Swapping to disk isn't as slow because it doesn't use a hard drive.
But yeah, the memory is soldered.

How? oh using virtual memory I guess?

Ya solid states love that. I guess the technology is better now but it still... just ew.

Pic related (Clevo P650RP6-G) and a X220. If it weren't for the fact that I'm moving alot I'd get a desktop, but alas, a gayman laptop will have to do.

Specs are quite okay though:

i7-6700HQ
8 GB RAM
GTX 1060 6 GB
1080p IPS screen

I still have my Original eeePC from 2007 and the 4GB SSD still works after all these years, god knows how much was written to such a small piece of memory.

wasn't pictured in the first post

Well the terminal is set to use the system fonts, so yeah it was.

HP pavilion X2 detachable.

For 300$ cdn, I'm happy with it. I only really needed something portable to take to class, it fits the purpose well enough and the keyboard is surprisingly not horrible. Why get an expensive laptop if you have a good PC at home for everything anyways?

>laptop thread
>posts a tablet

It runs full fledged windows 10 though, not a gimped mobile version. It's a laptop, albeit one with shit specs.

I mean, it's a low powered laptop with the important bits in the screen instead of under they keyboard.
I fail to see how it is a tablet, unless you say that the keyboard (and probably a second battery) being removable makes it a tablet. But really it is a 2 in 1, or as I have taken to calling it a tablet / laptop. The tablet is a fully functioning computer itself but is made easier to use by the keyboard and laptop restyling.

>It runs full fledged windows 10 though
That doesn't make it a laptop. I've got two different tablets that run full fledged Windows, they're still tablets.
>I mean, it's a low powered laptop with the important bits in the screen instead of under they keyboard.
It's a tablet with a detachable keyboard. Laptops have keyboards permanently attached to them.

Oh, you.

>he disagreed with me so he's autistic
epik meme

>It's a tablet with a detachable keyboard. Laptops have keyboards permanently attached to them.
And tablets don't have a native attachment for a keyboard unless they are not tablets, but instead a 2 in 1 form factor.

Tablets don't have a native attachment for keyboards unless they come with a native attachment for a keyboard, and even when they do they're still tablets. They're tablets capable of functioning like laptops, but they're still tablets.

I would agree with you maybe on like a Surface, however, in this case the 2 in 1 laptop has a hinge. Making it less of a keyboard cover, and more of a laptop with a gimmick.

use an HP Elitebook for work. I think it's an 840 but I can't remember for sure since I didn't buy it. It's pretty nice. At home I just use my desktop for most computing tasks and then my tablet if I just want to browse Cred Forums from the couch.

So what would you call a laptop without a screen?
Would you still call it a laptop? You could even attach a screen to it, and you hold it in your lap, but it doesn't have the screen permanently attached and all of the important bits are under they keyboard.

It's still a tablet

>So what would you call a laptop without a screen?
No clue, I don't spend my time thinking about what to call retarded hypothetical things.
>Would you still call it a laptop
Of course not. Laptops have a clam shell form factor.

dude, its a 2 in 1

Therefore applys as being both a tablet and laptop

Yes this means any tablet is a laptop.

The definition of laptop is "A computer that is portable and suitable for use while traveling"

So every tablet is a laptop but every laptop isn't a tablet.

>Hypothetical
For some time I had an old piece of shit HP laptop that I did this with.
>Still a tablet
The one that he posted is still a clamshell form factor. Half if not more of the time (on average with people that I have seen using stuff like this).
This is why I brought up that actually real case of the laptop with a removable screen. As where mine was a different type of 2 in 1, his (presumably) is also a 2 in 1. To say it is just a tablet is like saying my case was just a desktop.

It's a tablet with a keyboard. This is a 2 in 1. I'm done arguing with retards, enjoy your tablets.

Nah, you're just arguing semantics which is kind of autistic. Kind of like the kid who spergs out when his parents call his model anime figure a toy.

I would argue that a tablet is designed for use primarily without a keyboard, but with possibly the option to connect one through a workaround such as Bluetooth.

The "hybrid laptop" is designed for use primarily with the included keyboard, otherwise it wouldn't have the ugly connecting bottom it does, and it wouldn't have the tapered shape it does making it a bit awkward to hold. Also I would expect it would use a OS more friendly to sole touch-screen use. There is VERY few full fledged tablets with full windows 10, and there's a reason for it; its a clunky and awkward OS without a keyboard and mouse. It works, but it's not great.

I agree with , it's a laptop with a gimmick.

380ED
I don't carry anything else to work anymore, the only thing that ever breaks now is the fucking Porta Berizzo machine from 1989 and 98 still has DOS I can use
Are there SPARC laptops with Solaris out there? We have a bunch of Mori Sekeis all on old Sun Microsystems setups that refuse to communicate with anything other than this old hodgepodge shitheap of Sun workstation parts, and it's a bitch to set that thing up

T420

Irrelevant

an x220

Samsung X430, six years old

god, i bet you're asian and drive a shitty civic/carolla which is also wrapped in carbon fiber tape.

>he doesn't use lightweight aerodynamic materials in his laptop

this one

it's a sticker

Recently acquired a T420
It's running Mint.

So far it's p sweet.

Still using a Y580 from 2012.

Same, just threw on openBSD yesterday. P gud, the 6cell battery is fucking terrible though.

asus gl551jw-ds71

got dis for $500. help me find all the drivers for windows 7

why would you need drivers for windows 7?

To use Windows 7?

why would you do that?

You got me for a second

>muh Cred Forums meme
>i don't like windows 10, they have some shit which limits my gaming fps to 30 fps so i can't into csgo, it's called game dvr or some shit

Ya that's what I am saying, there's no real difference between a tablet with a keyboard and a laptop.

iBook G4 late 2004. I do mainly network works, so it's still pretty useful. Thinking about replace it with a Thinkpad X220 because shitty battery life (Less than 20 minutes) and shit network cards

i didn't say that

what are you implying?

sweet. I mean your desktop looks shit but rocking an ibook g4 is cool as heck. are there no batteries on the market? my x220 lasts about 4 hours.

Except the part where one's just a tablet with a keyboard and the other's a real laptop

this machine is perfect
it's like an old Thinkpad before Gookovo fucked the line up

is your potato cam black as well?

>Debian
OpenBSD and Tiger dualboot's the only way to go

I'd imagine you can get iBook batteries, I just bought a new battery for my PowerBook G4 not too long ago

>I'm shitposting from the materialization of a PR stunt

School dumpster diver setup

A chink 9-cell battery for an x220 cost almost the same as one for this laptop and don't last too long, about 4h or less for a 12-years old laptop. If I buy a x220 I get a better CPU, package support (Some packets I remember aren't available for PowerPC), better screen, bigger resolution, better batteries, better WiFi and ethernet card, fastest USBs... I get a better laptop even if it's 3-4 years old than this relic. It still have an FastEthernet network card, the wifi it's broken and USB 1.1. Trying to copy ~300Mb it's slow as shit

And yes, the desktop looks like shit but I use mainly cli, so it's not very important for me have a cool desktop. I'm happy while I can get something that looks fine for me

The only thing I don't want to lose it's the keyboard. A truly god-tier keyboard, one of the bests I ever used. All new laptop's keyboard feels like absolute piece of shit compared to this, that's why I think an x220 could have a similar keyboard to this

G6

x220 keyboard is great, and I agree with all of that of course, ibooks are just cool to me.

Not much better. You're a living stereotype, what color is your wrap

Look at the definition of laptop.
Literally defines a tablet with a keyboard.
Actually literally defines a tablet, or phone.

Laptops have keyboards attached. Tablets with keyboards are tablets with keyboards.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/laptop

I couldn't possibly give less of a shit. Come back when you have a laptop.

your fucking stupid.

And I have a laptops, more then I want.

>your fucking stupid
>more then I want
>calling others stupid

Wrap?
Everything I own is black.

I don't mind try again *BSD systems. Looks good but never been too much into *BSD stuff. The same for Mac, I never liked it, that's why im using Debian, because it still have PowerPC support along with Gentoo. The only reason for me to install OS X Tiger it's to play Fallout 2, not because i like Mac. And no, I didn't bougth this laptop, that was my brother, then he bougth a better new one and this passed to my mother, and when she got a better one, it came to me

Shit, this goes for

Me too, truly living the dream apart from occasional lag :( maybe need to reapply thermal paste I guess.

HDMI is consumerist trash. Apart from Apple but they could also be argued to be consumerist trash too lol

I'm not denying that DP's better, but as long as HDMI's present on more displays it's the superior option.

No trackpoint sadly

I totally agree with you.
I do feel like that I could be faster at programming when compared to x220 keyboard but I can not complain because this bad boy haves a touchscreen and a back light kb

Homobook pro.
Use it for editing

Inspiron 7559

Satellite A200 from 2009.
Upgraded RAM to 4G and installed SSD and turned it into a comfy shitposting machine.

lenovo ideapad z470

Ayy i have a mid 2005 one with a completely dead battery that needs a new keyboard. its a nice laptop though.

Its comparable. I have a T420. I prefer the iBook keyboard though.

X201 usually.

Feels a little small.