Anybody know where a safe ISO for Windows Vista is? Everyone says it's shit...

Anybody know where a safe ISO for Windows Vista is? Everyone says it's shit, so I'm trying to get it to run on VirtualBox to see how they fucked up. I went straight from XP to 7, so I never saw what Vista actually was like. I love shit basically, so this seems perfect for me. All Google comes up are sites that are most likely viruses. Anybody help?

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx?pv=36:146#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=146&Languages=en&FileExtensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/48224-Windows-Vista-ISOs-(Direct-Download)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's shit because it's somehow slow as fuck on fast hardware for the day.

Getintopc.com has some clean Vista isos. But the download is slower than all hell... that or torrent it.

Okay, I'll check that out.

It's shit because it actually required modern hardware when it came out and people were upgrading their XP machines to it anyway. Vista on a computer actually intended for Vista is like Windows 7 with a slightly different UI.

That fucking site
>our High Performance Cloud Virtual Private Server Server

Oh god. I was IT during Vista and loading profiles from the server took fucking forever. Especially for people that didn't log in often. I'd see load times upwards of 45 mins. to over an hour in some cases.

Once Win 7 came out, we IMMEDIATELY upgraded. Fuck Vista.

It's basically 7 but with extra stuff.

Try mydigitallife forums

>It's shit because it actually required modern hardware
And yet a high end dual core laptop that came with Vista from the factory ran like garbage.

I'll try that. Getintopc seems pretty sketchy.

It was shit (at the time) because of the heaps of hastily implemented technology changes, incompatibility with hardware, and a shitty launch in general. After you apply the billions of service packs and updates they released, it's more or less identical to 7, with all of 7's existing flaws (things like SxS and UAC and other shit people criticize "newer than XP" versions for have been around since Vista, and are here to stay, unfortunately).

Also, look up MD5/SHA hashes on MSDN and find a torrent somewhere.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx?pv=36:146#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=146&Languages=en&FileExtensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

Sure thing bud

I don't care if you don't believe me, I know what I experienced. It ran like shit. Runs Windows 7 perfectly.

Vista was extremely bloated

it took computers 4 years to run it decently in a lighter form as 7

Release was shit but after service packs it became decent.

>loading profiles from the server
wat?

>Getintopc
well pajeets gon pajeets what you expect

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/48224-Windows-Vista-ISOs-(Direct-Download)

Anyone else know how to use Google?

I've been using Vista since 2009 on my old gaming rig, and it's never given me any trouble. I'm only now upgrading to 10 because I'm getting a new computer.

Like Johnson from Peep Show, it just felt like a good pair of jeans.

>you need to login to view this content

Just sign up

it's a good forum

theres not really much wrong with vista. my only gripe is that you cant disable UAC fully.

people initially disliked it because microsoft dropped support for 16 bit COM applications (this was present in 32-bit xp) and they got pissed because they needed to rewrite their old applications.

many people jumped on a vista hating bandwagon for no good reason

It's just XP with bloat added.

That's beyond retarded. The jump from XP to Vista had some of the biggest changes between Windows versions. Compared to that the difference between Vista and 7 is miniscule, the same goes for 7, 8 and 10.

It's nearly identical to Windows 7, don't bother.

>Anybody know where a safe ISO for Windows Vista is?

They are all safe if your host is Linux or BSD.

User profiles.

most likely that was due to the preinstalled garbage

I used to run Vista on a Pentium E2180 with 2GB of RAM and I had no problems.

>introduced WDM
>Aero
>redesigned Start menu with search
>entirely new wuapp
>drastically improved Windows Explorer
>introduced UAC

Yeah sure senpai, it's just XP with bloat added to it.

Windows is still fucking garbage and while Vista is no exception, it had a lot of improvements over XP

That and OEMs were retarded and were initially shipping out XP-tier machines with Vista on it even though system requirements went way up for Vista

Vista has the best wallpapers included

>NT 6.X series
>Shadow Copy Service
>wireless networking built in
>BitLocker
>proper ASLR

just to add on to that

I liked Vista. Had it on my q8200 machine it was pretty nice. It was basically 7 but more aesthetic (imo)

Nowhere near as bad as people make out. Most people who claim it was bad never used it or are following what everyone else say because they're idiots. Mostly it was a perfectly fine OS. It was nothing especially special but what OS is?

Why waste your time vista was shit gadgets are shit the whole thing is shit.

As for a torrent I dont know im sure IPT has one or just try one you found im mean your using a VB so whats the harm.

Can't believe I forgot about vss and real wireless support, thanks user