Hey Cred Forums. What add-ons have you installed on Kodi? I currently have cCloud, Exodus, Salts, and Popcorn Time...

Hey Cred Forums. What add-ons have you installed on Kodi? I currently have cCloud, Exodus, Salts, and Popcorn Time. Thanks as always for your responses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6q-FRBoKWBE&t=325s
totallynotreddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/4bn5j3/artic_zephyr_on_kodi_v16/
emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29180-arctic-zephyr-from-ashes/
github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

All I have is Exodus.

when are they gonna integrate mpv into this shit? can't even make it use mpc without going through extreme loops

Highly recommend to get Popcorn time and cCloud for live TV although most of it is SD quality, it's better than nothing.

>VideoPlayer

While the average user might not notice this massive under-the-hood improvement, we feel remiss in not mentioning it. The switch from Kodi’s old DVDPlayer to the new, modern VideoPlayer may be one of the most massive re-writes in Kodi’s long history. A longer, and more detailed discussion of the changes in VideoPlayer may be found in theAlpha 2 write-up, but the important take-away is that this rewrite likely won’t affect users much right now, but should vastly improve the Kodi experience over the next few years.

With that said, there are some improvements you may see right away. In particular, DVD playback finally has hardware acceleration. A/V syncing has improved. Video streams can now be selected, just like different language audio streams or subtitles, useful for things like concert DVDs, where you can now select the various different camera angles, but perhaps more importantly useful for switching between different bitrates in Youtube and other online streaming sources using the DASH protocol. At present, the Youtube add-on in the Kodi repo has not yet been updated to handle this new support, but we hope to see that update in the near future.

Why do you want to integrate it?

>VideoPlayer
the fuck is that? man fuck them and their botched shit

Certainly. I actually enjoy the Kodi video player. I am pretty satisfied with it.

>Its not a Cred Forums meme what the fuck is this?????

>uggh he insulted my favorite software, oh i know i'll call mpv a meme despite kodi's player being a pile of trash

What's wrong with Jodi's player? I'll admit, I've only been using it for about a month but it has bitstreaming and the quality is as it should be so what's the issue?

Are you a developer for Kodi?

*Kodi's

- Apple Movie Trailers to watch trailers for upcoming movies
- CouchPotato Manager to add the interesting-looking movies to CouchPotato
- Dailymotion 4K to watch Japanese variety shows in gutter trash quality
- NRK for watching Norwegian TV
- Trakt for syncing all my watched states to an account there and then also across Kodi instances / Emby

the better question is when are they finally gonna make a good ui?
even the rework is shit and inconsistent in regards of controls.

I agree with that. To me Kodi or XBMC has always felt sort of clunky.

Neat. No other "pirate"add-ons besides NRK?

Actually it's Kodis' player

OK. What's wrong with it though.

Who Beast here?
worth it? or bloatnet?

UKTV Now
UK Turk or something
Phoenix
BBC iplayer addon
Velocity

Can't get the mosfilm addon to work :-(

Hey Kodi Popcorn time or Exodus

What's its premise?

*Get not hey

all you need is Wookie senpai.

It's a pretty big build.

>installing builds
>installing this much bloat

I can't close Kodi properly on my Kubuntu. It keeps showing as open. If I run the command to kill it, the whole system gets laggy. It's not my machine. Anyone has a similar experience?

happens on my W7 pc as well, closing it makes it hang.

youtube.com/watch?v=6q-FRBoKWBE&t=325s

fixed it for me, forced it to close after i exit

I installed the latest SPMC update on my Android box (MXQ Pro 4K) and it's working better than it's ever worked since I bought it 6 months ago. Everything is smooth.

Thank you

The list im getting from this thread is
>cCloud
>Exodus
>Salts
>Popcorn Time
>Wookie
>Beast? Whatever that is

>I installed the latest SPMC update
If I have a Nexus Player should I install SPMC instead of Kodi from the play store?

Yes. SPMC is made for Android.

What are these builds? First time I'm hearing if them.

he obviously just copy pasted that from the wiki

the emby (mediabrowser) addon
to sync with my emby server

builds are just a bunch of pre-selected add-ons with some 3rd party UI over them, there are tons of them, just google them

Am using Wookie atm after using Beast for a few hours. Wookie new look looks WAY more refined in my opinion.

just install Wookie, it has a bunch of stuff already pre-installed. Also look into ivue2 for live TV stuff. Anything else can be downloaded with a quick guide off google.

Awesome. Thanks for your response man. Do you know of any HD live TV add ons?

Also, which wookie build do you recommend?

YouTube and NASA TV on my TV is pretty comfy.
Serious question lads, when will the YouTube addon be useable? Fucking token shit.
Also, cec support is broken since ages.

Yeah I must say the YouTube addon sucks. Do you use Kore as the remote as well?

if you're on a set top box or fire stick, or any android device, I'd get the lite one, if you're on a computer then new look would work fine.

No. Worth it?

wookie has some decent live TV addons. I've only started looking into Kodi yesterday so I am not too experienced with it. I played around with it for a few hours though

I used navy x, but since I can find almost everything in alluc and download from the stream in minutes I just dropped the entire kodi.

Why is the KODI interface so terrible?

>Any keyboard or mouse bump brings up the status overlay
>Hit escape instinctively to get rid of it, now you're in the media menu
>Try to hit 'M' to hide the overlay
>Accidentally hit

Yeah I think that's something they've really got to work on. It's pretty uncomfortable and clunky.

>using a keyboard
top fucking kek

my tv runs android so i just use the tv remote and it's totally fine

If cec on my TV would work, it wouldn't be a steaming pile oft shit. If your using mouse only, its quite alright, but slow.

not really an add-on, but i have a server chilling somewhere which i connect to via davs on my raspi running kodi. then on my phone i have transdroid which is hooked up to a deluge daemon on that server. i can just send it torrents and watch them in minutes. it's on a residential connection with 10Mbps up. going to set this up on a vps with a gigabit connection i think.

i disable mouse input entirely

That's probably a good idea, now that you mention it...

Neat. Mind posting the code you used with the pi?

it was never designed for mouse control anyway

Thanks

defaults. kodi has a native davfs client. just add a webdav (https) source in kodi.
the hardest part was securely configuring apache, and that only took like 30 minutes.
just enable the davfs mods on apache and set it up as https only with basic auth. point it at a directory with read only "bind" mounts

Definitely. It's quite good.
Cool thanks.

Thanks for that, found it.

What skin is that?

Arctic Zephyr

should probably mention, i'd recommend using a random port on your public ip (avoid those chink bots) and use a free dynamic dns provider if you don't have a static ip.

Thanks. Google DNS should do?

noip.com

Exodus
cCloud TV
Phoenix
KissAnime
KissCartoon
IPTV Subs

Awesome. Thanks for your help man. I'll definitely get it set up.

no problem,
remember mod_dav and mod_dav_fs need to be enabled on apache

For some reason Arctic Zephyr doesn't seem to be available to me. It's not in the Appearance | Skins menu, nor the Add-Ons | Look and Feel | Skin menu.

I'm on Windows and running the latest version. Any suggestions?

You can use your own API keys instead. Fixed all problems for me.

I stopped using this and installed Wookie immediately after noticing that my cursor was now a bane mask. Was this build compiled by a Cred Forums memester?

I think you're supposed to put it in your addons folder in the kodi folder found in your roaming folder that can be accessed by typing %APPDATA% on your start menu

I see it in the options, but when I click on it, it won't apply itself. Does it support 16.1 yet?

What's phoenix?

OK. Hope all goes well. Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful.

best of luck my dude. have a riot

>Does it support 16.1 yet?

Maybe not. There's a link on Reddshit about it.

totallynotreddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/4bn5j3/artic_zephyr_on_kodi_v16/

Well I tried wookie just now. Terrible. Very frustrating. Half of the add-ons don't even work properly.

fucking wookie blows dicks. It installed useless fucking addons that don't even work and it just bloated the fuck out of kodi. g fucking you shitter.

it is pretty bad. Do any of you people have a better build or a list of addons that do the following: live tv, live sports, cartoons, tv shows, movies that just works?

it even removed my repositories that I added before

Do you know how to add categories to Kodi? For example, I don't want movies to be in the same as videos I want to have a "Movies" section on its own just like there are pictures, music, system etc. categories. Anyone? Would really appreciate the help here.

Add-ons are the way to go. Try cCloud for live TV and then Kodi Popcorn Time and Exodus for recorded.

I hear Kodi Popcorn Time uses other peers to stream what you're watching. Is that safe? Like, I know I won't get a virus. But I am afraid of my ISP not-so-casually letting me know via- internet browser notification (seriously, comcast has done this to me before) that I've been a naughty boy and to stop pirating shit

What's the best plug-in for live TV? US that is

Popcorn time has been around for quite a while. The technology underpinning it is bittorrent, so yeah you will be torrenting whenever you're using it

I live in a country where no one gives a shit about piracy, but if you live in a nanny state you may want to use a VPN

Use VPNbook. It's good, fast, and completely free.

I use cCloud. It's pretty good. I don't know of any others currently.

best addon for live boxing?

No clue there. Sorry wish I could help. Maybe try Saddo Boxing although I don't know much about it.

For anyone interested, I installed "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" as it's apparently compatible with v16/Jarvis.

emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29180-arctic-zephyr-from-ashes/

Go to "How to Get It (Release Channels)", grab the ZIP, and select "Install from ZIP" from the Settings menu.

Great.find. Thanks I'll definitely be checking this out.

bump

desu the new 3dlut support in Videoplayer is good enough for me, I won't need to keep using mpv
It would be nice if they added ewa scalers though

>Also, cec support is broken since ages.
CEC is broken by design, you're lucky if a TV works with a BD Player from the same manufacturer
Harmony IR controller is the way to go
It's like Exodus but slightly different

What! Why didn't they add ewa scalers?

download the updated version from the dev. repository
github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/
the kodi repo is always outdated

if it still doesn't work, go into the settings of the addno and create a new API key

Wasn't Popcorn time shut down out something? Anyway

Exodus
Quasar
KissAnime
Phoenix
Youtube
Adrian's list
NaviX
Specto

I also have Retroplayer on it. Shit is so cash.

Nice add-ons

No great addons to get 1080p and 2016p French contents?

*1080p and 2160p French contents

I have OSMC installed to my raspberry pi. How do I mount my samba share to the pi?

PopcornTime : Stream Movies
Crunchyroll : Chinese Girl Cartoons
Youtube : Music/Show funny vids to friends
1Channel : Obscure TV
Plexbmc : Organize my downloaded movies
Fuck, I wish netflix intergrated with it like crunchyroll because fuck opening it on xbox.

Oh and if you got a big library try PsuedoTV, it makes tv channels out of your downloaded TV shows and movies. Gives you a TV guide and you can set rules for each channel. Example; I have a channel that is basically just Adult Swim and one that is just movies that feature Bruce Willis. I know it sounds stupid, but browsing channels is way more fun than trying to figure out what to watch from your entire list.

None for pirating content because I'm not a pleb I can watch shows without add-ons.

Torrents?

Awesome. Good list. Thanks.

i might have to try this emby.
im using servio right now and i'm not sure i like how it functions.

>cec support is broken since ages.
How? Mine worked plug and play

I've seen people complain about it lagging vs keyboard.

I doubt you would get a lot of help with it either.

I don't really see much of a point in using it. Is there?

can you use kodi with a vpn?

and by kodi i mean kodi installed on an amazon fire stick

If you're just trying to play the next video and the addon you're using doesn't do it automatically, you don't want to reach for another remote/keyboard and get cheeto dust all over it

Yes, anything on your home network can use a VPN if you do it right

how did you do it , i have kodi on my tablet . what must i change intern to create a api key.

not the same guy, but I think it's just by signing in to your youtube account again

Torrents and torrent-based apps like Popcorn Time are where the sketchiness comes into play. When you download from a torrent, you’re unknowingly also complicit in a process called reseeding; basically meaning your computer is being used as a server to share the file with other users as you download. At that point, you are no longer just passively watching the video, but are participating in the distribution of this file. It is also very easy for other torrenters to unmask your IP address since you’re acting as a public server, copyright holders will often uncover the identities of pirates this way.

>VPN

Is Kodi worth it to buy an android box for a technology noob?

I have no idea what you can do with it, but I'd like to get it for my dad who likes to watch movies within the past year / he doesn't know how to work a computer.

Thoughts?

i'm new to kodi but the UI is a fucking nightmare to control. Definitely made for tactile feedback controllers

Try to simplify it as much as possible for him I guess. Like, maybe try making it boot into Exodus if that's possible. I spent like 15 minutes browsing system settings looking to change my skin

I had my pi setup working perfectly for roughly 1.5yrs with the stock remote of my TV until like 5 months ago. Since then it's just broken. But i'm not gonna buy a 2nd remote just for kodi. Still have to try kore tho

if you're a neckbeard try pm3.hd

it was the default skin before all the smartphone applecucks took over and started shitting on piratefags/their entire user base