Shockingly Cred Forums was unhelpful when I asked for tips for a first time gaming pc build...

Shockingly Cred Forums was unhelpful when I asked for tips for a first time gaming pc build. So I come to you Cred Forums and ask what insight do you have for a first time builder.

Other urls found in this thread:

hwinfo.com/
piriform.com/speccy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So easy a monkey can do it. Plug the pins into the corresponding slot and plug shit in.

Make sure to built on carpeted floor. Test motherboard before putting it in case.

Just don't forget to glue the cpu in

It's easy, you just have to solder the CPU yourself and then it's just a nobrainer !!!!

It took me two hours to upgrade my GPU yesterday

Thanks everyone. Build went great, can play minecraft at almost 20 fps.

You're fucking retarded then

cpus come with thermal sticker, remember to apply it in between your cooler and cpu

And what do you think OP is?

kek
Between the pins and the Mainboard

Your new friend

kek
You obviouly want him to fry the motherboard. It must be in the case when testing.

there is a general for this you mongoloid

You can use your motherboard box as a stand to install your CPU, cooler and RAM. Plug in your PSU and make sure you get a post beep. Don't forget the motherboard standoffs; the ones built into your case may not cover every hole in your motherboard. Don't forget to punch out the motherboard IO cutout and install the one that came with your motherboard. Don't forget the extra 4//6/8 pin power connector on your motherboard. You can still activate a fresh install of Windows 10 with your existing Windows 7 product key. Don't use the drivers on the CD. Download the new ones from the manufacturer's website.

this
you want your components to have as much cushioning as possible
you should also pack your case with plenty of those little foam peanuts, but make sure to soak them in isopropyl alcohol and dry them thoroughly first

work on a hard surface such as a wooden table.

ground yourself with at least a anti-static wrist band. they're insanely cheap and worth every penny. not worth frying a $300 part because you were to cheap for an $8 band.

don't go cheap on the PSU.

don't go cheap on the ram. ram speeds are mattering again. more and more benchmarks have been showings this. with ddr4, get ddr4 3000mhz at minimum if you're tight on a budget.

amd is horse shit in the cpu arena right now with their faildozer series. wait for zen or go skylake.

nvidia vs amd is just a fanboi meme. giant dick waving contest. it use to be amd vs intel but after amd failed with faildozer the fanbois took over the amd(ati) vs nvidia war for their dick waving.

amd offers good performance in dx11 and excellent performance in dx12
nvidia offers excellent performance in dx11 and good performance in dx12

you don't need geforce experience. you most likely will never stream or record.

with intel don't buy a Z series board unless you by a K intel processor.

i5 is absolute bare minimum. even if on a budget save the extra $40 for an i5.

212 evo is the best budget cooler on the market. its cooling performance for $30 rivals that of 120m AIO coolers that cost $60+

water cooling is a meme for rich fags to boast about their lack of penis length. only worth it for specific scenarios.

ssd's are not a meme. get at least one good size ssd for os and games. or get a decent size for a boot (os) driver and another for games. its always a good idea to pair up a cheap 1-2tb hard drive with a ssd for cold storage for stuff that doesn't need higher performance. like movies and music.

16gb of ram is not a meme unless you just masturbate to anime all day.

be sure to apply lots of thermal paste in the cpu socket to prevent overheating

cont'd

if you're new to the computer world in general don't go multi-gpu. keep it to a set it and forget experience with one card

when talking about fan noise its usually about the motor noise. no matter what, a fan will always produce more noise the faster it goes due to air being moved around. if you want absolute quiet fans then get 1200rpm or less. motor on such a fan should be quiet and you won't hear much air noise due to the fan moving barely any air. overall fan noise is very subjective and up to the individual.

ambient temperatures matter a lot. if you see someone with a similar setup as you (case, fans, cooler) getting 55c max on cpu load and you get 65c its probably because they live in canada and you live in the sonoran desert.

windows 10 is a botnet get use to it

windows 7 is losing market share in the gaming community. steam has windows 10 with the highest share with 47% with 7 dropping down to 28%. get use to it.

most onboard audio is now good enough for most people. only get a dedicated sound card if you don't want to deal with the hassle of more table clutter with a external DAC. otherwise get a dac.

cable management is somewhat a meme but at least show some pride and make it look decent.

hwinfo is a good tool to use to monitor voltages, usage, temperatures, disk speed, and such.
hwinfo.com/

speccy is /g favorite program to use to show specs
piriform.com/speccy

take your time and pay close attention, but don't over think things. just be calm. putting a computer together is no different than legos. watch youtube videos and read guides before you begin to get familiar.

www.overclock.net is a better site for support and information.

look into any parts you want to get. don't blindly buy. especially for power supplies. john guru is an excellent source for power supply reviews. pretty much any oem or rebranded sea sonic or super flower psu will do you good.

if your case costs more than your cpu you are doing it wrong.

Thanks for the actual reviews. Got a static wrist band, bought an evga supernova g2 power supply, 16g of g skills 3200 rip jaws, i7 6700k, with a gigabyte z170 ud5, I have a 500gb Samsung 850 eco dad, it can get toasty in my neck of the woods so I picked up some noctua case which are a meme apparently, and I did pick up a 280mm aio cooler which is apparently also a meme.

Did I do alright user-sempai? Plz no bully.

I personally love AIO Liquid coolers. I'm running a 2600k with an H80 right now. I've redone the thermal paste a few times as things have been rearranged in the case over the years, but both are going strong. I get fantastic temps.

You're going to be fine with that build.

I haven't worried about CPU temps in years since switched to an AIO. As long as it is stable and under 70c at max load then whatever. However I don't really see it get above 60c for normal ambient temperatures of my house.

>Cred Forums was unhelpful
go back

btw
>Cred Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

op here, when i said water cooling i meant custom loops. most users don't need an expensive custom loop setup. AIO's are fine. they are a little pricey for ones like said 280mm with their cooling potential in comparisons to that of a d14-d15, but they allow for great cooling in limited mid size cases. such as a cooler master haf 912 that can only fit a heatsink as big as a 212 evo but can easily house a 280mm AIO that would blow the 212 evo out of the water.

installgentoo.org

just like lego

Yeah I bought an aio because I have the money and again it can get hot here. I don't have any plan or desire for a customer loop, very expensive and they seem to also be a real part of a vanity build, I don't give a shit about that all, I bought a windowless case for better noise reduction. I wanted efficient cool and quiet with this build. Not matching colors.

>customer loop

>gayming
Fucking manchild