>wish I could afford it
But it's free user.

>Ugly ass grandient shit in 2016
>Terrible information density
>Apple
>Did I mention Apple?
>Fucking Apple

>Do you know any good tiling wm?
I tried KWM and it sucks because preference and activity monitor can't be resized to arbitrary width.
iTerm2 (good) is just not urxvt (gud) and hyperterm (beautifully) is a resource hog.
Xcode is the only thing that makes it bearable.

I guess macOS is just not for powerusers. Also even shitbuntu is easier to disconnect from the botnet. Its win10 tier data aggregation.

Kek, they even renamed it 'macOS' because normies couldnt pronounce OSX right.
Aqua is such a meme
Even apple doesn't know how to use it properly, thats why they remodel iTunes every two weeks.

You're an idiot. They renamed it 'macOS' because it's not '10' anymore. It's 10.12 now, for fuck's sake.

The only thing that I like about Mac is the fonts.

>I have to deal this this bullshit

It's still 10, genius. They just don't put it in the name anymore.

Mac OS X Lion = 10.7
OS X El Capitan = 10.11
macOS Sierra = 10.12

They got rid of the X because they didn't want normies to confuse it with iOS 10.

At this point, they really should move on from using 10.x though. Start with macOS 11 and make annual version increments like with all their other OSs.

You can get used machines capable of running the newest version for like $200 or $300

I don't think they should move to an entirely new name scheme till they move to a new OS. As long as they've got the same Darwin base it should be 10.x

That's going to fuck up windows versions.

They would have to break their promises and push out windows 11

i love osx, if only i could put it on decent hardware without hackinstoshing

I can afford it. Trust me, you don't want OSX. I use a MacBook Pro 15 for work and it's running Debian. OSX is a steaming pile of shit designed for women and hipster scum. I couldn't even last a week with it.

t. fat basement dweller who got an education and went outside a few times

Quit talking out of your ass, you've never used OS X.

OSX UI is fucking terrible.
The only reason Macfags use it is because their buyers remorse acted like lube.

>you don't like it, therefore you've never used it
Same to you, Pajeet.

This

I should've bought a Thinkpad. GNU/Linux makes it slightly better.

>OSX UI is fucking terrible.
Yet it's still better than anything Windows or Linux has to offer
>The only reason Macfags use it is because their buyers remorse acted like lube.
Simply ebin

>not ergonomic
>Not human-readable

>better than anything Windows or Linux has to offer
Objectively wrong. Things looking good or bad is a matter of taste. Taste is subjective. Linux can be riced to hell and back, therefore it offers more than OSX as far as looks go. Your mom is a whore.

>better than Linux
No, Velox, weston, sway, much better than os x

Its about as bad as Windows 10, maybe worse because of the unified toolbar and dock.

Linux does whatever the fuck you want it to basically so its automatically better than both.

You can use X11 WMs on OS X if you're that much of a masochist, user.

OS X has worse bit rot than netbsd and windows combined.

Windows 10 is utter trash, the global menu bar is a godsend, and the dock is useless but nobody's forcing you to use it.

Why not?

Apple has three other operating systems that share the same core architecture and APIs, and they each get a major new version number every year. Why shouldn't macOS have the same? It's no longer Apple's only OS, or even the company's primary OS.

Redmond, start your photocopiers.

I don't use menu bars at all, its bad design.

I don't want shitty window managers. Full DEs are the way to go. KDE Connect is more useful than anything Apple has shit out in the last 5 years.

The global menu bar is one of the only things keeping me from leaving OS X

Good for you.
All toolbars are cancer.

>Everyone should use 100% customized keyboard shortcuts LIKE ME

This is why Linux is strongly associated with neckbeards and autism.

says the literal namefag cancer

4u

Never even remotely implied that.

You can use BetterSnapTool or similar to manually tile windows with keystrokes.

So how do you invoke commands without a menu or keyboard shortcut?

Why would you want to do it without menus?

That's what you've been implying this whole time, asshat.

The only reason OSX is useable at all is because of its robust keyboard shortcuts

By saying that toolbars are cancer?
I'm going to lean more towards you are retarded.

Especially since you think the OSX unified toolbar shit is good.

That's a part of it but definitely not the only reason.

Are you retarded or did you just not finish shitting on menu bars?

Or are you one of those autists who only likes to see pop-up vertical menus bars that look like contextual menus?

I'm not even that guy, but he's not wrong. You can keep the autism coming though, hombre.

It's actually a huge pain in the ass to use and it's slow.

Finder is the biggest POS you can imagine. It's almost as bad as Linux file managers.

Objectively, it is the best looking DE though.

>worst tripfaggot on Cred Forums thinks he's in any position to call others retarded

also wish i could afford one senpai :(

Oh yes, BBT is the second and last good thing about mOS: apple couldnt even do it on its own
I thought they explicitly wanted the iFags to confuse the systems so that they perceive it as better integrated.
From now on they can call it "the latest" macOS 10, iOS 10, watchmeshitmyselfOS 10.
I doubt they will increment from 10 on, 11 has a bad connotation in the US and 10 is binary (for butthurt hipsters who like their expensive .io domains).
Also big numbers are not sexy enough.

>Its win10 tier data aggregation.
no it's not

>I guess macOS is just not for powerusers
yes it is, it's literally the most popular Unix workstation OS of all time, it was made by and for power users since the 1980s when it was called NextStep

>I couldn't even last a week with it.
because you stupido pendejo

If you're really that gay, why not just theme Linux to look like OS X?

wtf I love homOSeX now

Aren't you up past your bedtime? You've got middle school in the morning.

Mac UI is really badly designed (from somebody who actually studied ui design) visual feedback is ridiculously bad, visual hints are often simply nonexistent and for many things you just have to Google or ask somebody who knows. It's literally the least intuitive OS out there and the ui is bland and inconsistent

The global bar is pure cancer and bad design

I don't give a shit what your school taught you to think, from personal experience I can say it's the best.

4u

4u

The global toolbar constantly changes: inconsistent
Its often not even near the window it refers to: against the law of proximity
It's not easily comprehensive which window is focused and hence what the global bar refers to when many windows are visible simultaneously: bad visual feedback
Literally everyone coming from another OS has problems with it.

You getting used to eating shit doesn't mean it tastes good

I wish I had money.

>tfw mac user
>tfw OS is unstable
>tfw UI is shit and full of more arcane tricks than a tiling WM you didn't read the manual for

I use emacs for everything but shitposting on Cred Forums so it's still bearable

>OS X:
>Insanely bloated firefox launcher

>You getting used to eating shit doesn't mean it tastes good
Well I've tasted basically every kind of shit there is (Windows, more X11 DEs and WMs than it's practical to keep track of) and this is my favourite flavour. Again, I don't care what they told you to think, I find OS X's setup the best. You're free to use something else if you disagree.

At least it's not a neon padding clusterfuck becasue "muh fitts law" and "muh cues"

Exactly
Again you don't understand, that just because you think it's good, it's objectively good. The vast majority of people I know who have experience with Apple products hates them, saying things like "why can't it just work?", and that includes both normies and IT professionals. Apple tries so hard to be different, that once you are used to their stupid ways of overcomplicating shit, you can't go back. And I won't deny that they're the best at that. Why do people even bother to get used to it?
>have that $2k laptop, it would be a shame to not use it
or
>I'm a high society business person, I can't be seen with a Dell. Better figure out how to use this stupid thing

I know multiple of both these types of mac owners

These laws I talked about are objective laws people spent decades to figure out and prove. They are some of the basic principles of how to make UIs good and intuitive. Just because you got used to not relying on them and hence finding everything else worse (because everything else abides these laws), DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOOD DESIGN

There was no getting used to it, I liked it the moment I started using it. I'm not saying it is or will be this way for everyone, I'm just saying that from the start OS X's UI was very intuitive to me and I wouldn't have it any other way. And I'm neither kind of person. I was an edgy teen filled with blind Apple hatred and picked up an iMac G3 at a garage sale for pocket change. Brought it home and gave OS X 10.1 a try and was blown away about how wrong I was about OS X sucking.

Wincucks and Lingays are absolutely furious in this thread. macOS is hands down the most usable operating system ever and it makes them mad as fuck.

I expected it to be suck a lot less until I worked with it.
In my experience it's a clusterfuck (and that doesn't even include the objectively bad ui, the stupid keyboard layout and keyboard that doesn't show special characters (indicates what they want you to do with that thing: consume). It was just buggy, laggy, unstable and riddled with bad design decisions for me

I love waiting for my mac to finish doing whatever it does so it registers my clicks again
SIMPLE

>stupid keyboard layout
That's objectively wrong. I can agree that the other stuff I've said is subjective but Apple hit the nail on the head with the keyboard layout.

You've never owned an Apple product, junior.

But Gnome looks better and it's free.

*my Mac at work
Okay true, I don't own that one.

Jfc those fonts

>Having to Google every special character
>cmd+q (respective alt-gr + q for an @ in every other OS) closes the focused program
>hit the nail on the head
You sure you are actually using that thing for something other than browsing?

You don't use any Apple products kid. Now let the big boys have a discussion.

Remember to filter this guy

>>Having to Google every special character
After using it for a week you know every special character you use regularly.
>>>cmd+q (respective alt-gr + q for an @ in every other OS) closes the focused program
I'm in the States, I didn't know what alt-gr was until a few years after I started using OS X, so no alt-gr shortcuts have thrown me off
>You sure you are actually using that thing for something other than browsing?
Positive

Shut the fuck up, I use a mac mini, 3 iPhones and an apple watch at work because I am responsible for the ios migration of our app (I wanted to see if these "just works" claims are true - they're not - and wanted to learn something new, and I was stoked for the job) and never have I had a worse experience with computers.

Cool fantasy world dipshit.

This.

I used MB five or more years ago, then occasionally I switched to Ubuntu. Now I'm using Gentoo on two non-apple labtops. I strongly convinced that Apple is for /fa/ and /lgbt/ people, not for techies.

>"techies"

>not win10 tier data agregation
How else should i call spotlight, iCloud, message, itunes, usage repoorting, telemetry?
perhaps inovative

>poweruser
was just a shortterm tor the formentioned shortcommings of the macOS desktop.

>it's literally the most popular NT workstation OS of all time, it was made by and for powerusers since 1993
nextstep was not in the 80s but 89
osx is still UNIX03 certified, thats fine with me, it's just stuck in the 80s even if it was there only one year.

I'm sorry that i triggered you by using the label poweruser, I will refrain from that simplification in the future.

What do you do with macs?
I experienced the update from ios 9 to 10, had to update xcode (in only 2,5 hours. 2,5 hours For a P R O G R A M straight from the app store and we have a very fast Internet connection straight from the University) because the "system image for ios 10 isn't available" or some shit, which meant upgrading my app from swift 2 to 3, which in turn broke my (self written, because why would Apple provide premade functionality for that) json parsing code in About 200 places. Also the ui behaved differently after updating (animations had to be started by relayouting the parent view - how convenient)
Do you know how to replace all "." s in a string with swift? If not, Google it, you wouldn't believe how shit it is if you heard it from me.

Totally sounds like I'm making all this up right?

>"apple users"

Yes it does sound like you're making it all up. Just incoherent nonsense. Just leave.

>mactoddler telling someone else to leave a technology board

I've used OSX i've not nothing against the global tool bar thing.
But the auto zoom/forcus is retarded

Also getting into higher level programs is hard work.

But the GUI is basic for all needs its just all there for a very expensive Facebook/ Office machine

Its great for music buff's though whoa !

T. fixes macs on contract sometimes.
Don't like the look of that status bar IMO its looks unfinished. :/
typical linuxfags, never finish anything lol.

I'm usually a windows user but i need I see how basic needs users would like OS X
I mean its woman friendly and that has to be a plus.

windows 10 I think is more for power users IMO.
but in saying that finding manuals for windows is easy as pie.

So what do you do with macs?
>inb4 video editing and Photoshop
Fuck off

>Posted from Starbucks

>incoherent
EXACTLY the experience of an Apple product

>the "close everything about this program" shortcut is located just right next to the "close a tab/window" button
This alone proves that the mac UI is pure shit, there's no need to discuss it further even though we could

Linux kernel development

doubtful

>translation: updating my facebook

Good one!
I've probably done more work with a mac than you, kid, now go play outside with the other toddlers

Owned :)

Great, the 12 year olds found the thread

I recommend leaving him unfiltered. Sure he's the worst tripfag on Cred Forums but he can be so fucking retarded that it's hilarious. He's the one tripfaggot that pisses me off that I won't filter

>I was just le trolling you!
big whoopie

He also pisses off the resident AIDF tard that defends his fruit religion in every Apple thread he can find. Normal thread, troll, bait, etc. If he finds it he'll start throwing his appletard tantrum calling everyone a 12 year old. It's hilarious.

That's actually me, you fucking cunt.

Shouldn't you be in bed then? I hear you're still in middle school.

Fuck off retard

(You)

No.

I'm not even that big of an Apple fan, just sick of a bunch of autists and 12 year olds thinking they get to arbitrarily decide what technology is and isn't up for discussion on a technology board
>inb4 lol ur fruity toys aren't technology xDDD
>inb4 lol toddlerOS XD lmao

I'd much rather stay and watch you throw your tantrums. :^)

>I'm not even that big of an Apple fan
Of course. That's why you scour all of Cred Forums for any and all threads related to Apple products, even outright troll threads to defend OP and Apple from "big bad Cred Forums users".

You're not fooling anyone kid, and you really should go to bed so you don't miss your school bus in the morning.

faggot

I'm really not, I've actually moved away from Apple. Only Apple devices I use are an iMac for OS X and an iPod Classic because best PMP. It's not really even defending the brand as much as it is being sick of retards talking out of their asses about shit they know nothing about.

#BTFO

What's that fucking shit man?

/thread

>being sick of retards talking out of their asses about shit they know nothing about.

That's an easy fix. Stop talking.

Except the part where I'm the one that actually knows what he's talking about. I've got extensive experience in OS X, Linux, Windows, and BSD. You just use Windows and shitpost screencaps of your Arch VM's desktop and shit on OS X because it's cool to.

#REKT

>I've got extensive experience updating my facebook in OS X, Linux, Windows, and BSD.

ok kid

>le ebin facebook maymay
See this is what I'm talking about. You never have a real argument, you just shitpost. Only reason I reply is so I can report you repeatedly.

I have a same experience.

See this is what I'm talking about. You never have a real argument, you just shitpost, and defend OP's shitposting.

This is why Cred Forums hates you and your kind.

Which models?

>spinning my replies back at me
Oh, it's you. You're the worst of them all. The most annoying and the one I won't deal with. Enjoy shitposting, I'm out.

MacOS has it's flaws, but can we at least agree it's less of a pile of steaming shit than Windows?

Compared to Linux it's like driving a car with automatic transmission vs manual. In theory manual can be better with a good driver, but for most people it isn't.

iTunes is pure shit though. There's a reason Apple changes the whole interface all the time.

>faggot makes apple shill thread
>mactoddler comes in and defends OP and his shitpost thread
>calls other people 12 year olds for shitting on OP

This is why Cred Forums hates you and your kind.

MacOS is the biggest steaming pile of shit in the history of technology.

Literally useless for any kind of work besides using as a dumb terminal to SSH into a real work environment.

>besides using as a dumb terminal to SSH into a real work environment
This is exactly why OS X is so great. It's got the best UI and works great for basic desktop shit, has a UNIX base so you can actually get shit done there too, but you ssh into a powerhouse Linux or BSD server to get the real work done since Macs are pretty weak in general. iMac + compile server masterrace here

4 chunks of tea for this Cred Forumsentleman.

I repeat again. MacOS is the biggest steaming pile of shit in the history of technology.

Useless for even the most basic of shit besides single monitor SSH. Literally anything is better. Even W95, which is more advanced than Sierra is even now apparently.

>It's got the best UI
I'm happy with i3wm.

>It's got the best UI
I'm happy with i3wm. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles in OSX, which burn cpu cycles.

Holy fuck you can't make this shit up. Apple still can't handle something Linux and Windows perfected LAST CENTURY.

Now you're just being retarded.

Windows didn't have virtual desktops in the last century.

>pointing out glaring disabilities in MacOS, the biggest steaming pile of shit in the history of technology flaws, is "being retarded"

>article about a bug that was fixed ages ago in El Capitan
>post about how Sierra has the issue
There is no possible better example of retardation than you.

>Mac OS X is for babbies
>Windows somehow isn't
You can't make this shit up.

>making up facts on the spot to defend MacOS, the biggest steaming pile of shit in the history of technology

Retard detected.

>he called me out on being wrong, better claim that he's making facts up
top fucking kek

>has no arguement
>has no facts
>has no source
>resorts to shitposting

This is why no one on Cred Forums takes macfags seriously.

>Phone charging upstairs
>Want to go downstairs and sit on the sofa and use my laptop
>Don't have to bring the phone because everything including calls is received on the MacBook

#justmacosthings

>Start with macOS 11

There will never ever be a macOS 11. They will never ever give up the "X" factor and they will fucking milk it all the way through 10.99.xx, guaranteed.

The X is already gone. It's not called macOS X.

#justmacosthings

I'm not going to bother giving a shitposter proper arguments. I can tell you from personal experience the bug's been gone for forever and if you want to verify you're as capable of looking up sources as I am. Fuck off, you piece of shit.

>I don't know how to do it so I'll just pretend I can't do it
Cmd+tab to cycle to Safari then Cmd+` to cycle through open Safari windows

>an iPod Classic because best PMP

Nope, that would actually be what's pictured: the Rio Karma.

>has no arguement
>has no facts
>has no source
>resorts to shitposting

This is why no one on Cred Forums takes macfags seriously.

has this "bug" been gone forever too? pro tip: it's still in it, and macos is a steaming pile of shit

>Cmd+tab to cycle to Safari then Cmd+` to cycle through open Safari windows

Or I could just use an OS that isn't a steaming pile of shit and just switch to the other window in one click.

rekt

top kek

No, that's a legitimate complaint.

>using a mouse for such basic shit
OS X's way is faster. If you want the retard friendly way there's always mission control

quit samefagging

>click

Wew lad

>Cmd+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab
>Cmd+`+`+`+`+`+`+`+`+`+`
>press ` one too many times
>Cmd+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab
>Cmd+`+`+`+`+`+`+`+`+`
>get to the tab you want

Mactards will LITERALLY defend this vs clicking one tab in literally any other OS.

If you can't see the browser window behind the current one how do you get it in one click in other OSs?

Nice hyperbole faggot, it's literally never remotely close to that.

>OS X's way is faster. If you want the retard friendly way there's always mission control
I can tell you that clicking directly to a window is multitudes faster than first browsing through your opened apps and then through your opened windows. If the mouse is your problem, feel free to introduce us to a better alternative, but mac's way definitely is not it.

>>besides using as a dumb terminal to SSH into a real work environment
>This is exactly why OS X is so great.

>OSX is great because it can do something any OS including chromeOS can do

Ok kid.

Cmd+tabbing to Safari and Cmd+` to the proper window is definitely faster than moving your hand to the mouse, moving the cursor to a specific point on the screen, and clicking it.

OS X's the best at it.

Don't try to comprehend it. See

>mactards don't even fathom what a task bar is
can't say I'm surprised desu

You need two clicks

>can't even full screen or multi monitor properly
MacOS, the biggest steaming pile of shit in the history of technology, is shit for SSH tasks, which is the only thing it's "good" at.

>mactards doubleclick everything

>Cmd+tabbing to Safari and Cmd+` to the proper window is definitely faster than moving your hand to the mouse, moving the cursor to a specific point on the screen, and clicking it.
No. It is not. Either it might feel faster to you (this is the effect where doing more with the keyboard feels faster because your brain does more and perceives time passing faster because of that, you can try looking it up), or you have some weird disability blocking your mouse usage.

If you're gonna use the keyboard only, use a proper tiling WM with proper window management, otherwise clicking is just fine. Mac's way is sub-par compared to both options.

>>Cmd+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab+tab
There are four applications open, at most it'd have to be cmd+tab+tab. If you really had a ton open and it actually would be a bunch of keystrokes you could just type Cmd+Space S return

Yes it is

It definitely is faster dipshit. Why do you think tiling WMs exist? Because using the KB is faster.

see

Huh? Do you mean like the taskbar win10 comes with by default? You can disable the dumb grouping and have each window show up as a separate icon as they should be. Windows task bars are grouped by default to be retard friendly, doesn't mean you have to stick with the defaults.

So if you have 10 tabs you have 10 icons in the task bar?

>here are four applications open
>four
Browser for facebook, itunes, spotify, preview?

No shit your window manager literally doesn't matter if you only have four programs open at a time

>doesn't mean you have to stick with the defaults.
Whoa whoa there buddy. You're going too technical there. The macfag might have an aneurysm trying to comprehend that.

>It definitely is faster dipshit. Why do you think tiling WMs exist? Because using the KB is faster.
Mac doesn't come with a tiling VM. It comes with a restricted piece of shit VM whose functionality is available on all normal VMs, but who lacks the functionality found in all other VMs (such as a proper task bar, manual tiling, etc)

Look at the dock, retard
>Finder
>Safari
>Calendar
>Mail

>uses macos
>calls someone else a retard

Nobody said OS X shipped with a tiling WM. He's saying keybindings are faster and tiling WMs' existence are proof of that.

Ideally yes, we wouldn't need to have separate non-standard tab systems for every program, but sadly there's no VM that's good enough at grouping the dozens of tabs a web browsing session might have

i used to hate os x users until i spent a little too much time at linux forums

>look mom I posted it again

And I said macos's keybindings AREN'T faster. This is quite clear to see to anybody, they're rudimentary and inconvenient.

OS X's got the best keybindings. Having to configure other operating systems to function like it is my least favorite part about not using OS X.

>try to press cmd-w to close a tab
>accidentally press cmd-q because it's right next to it
>dis ar best keybindings t. macfag

Install Command Q

>OS X's got the best keybindings.

Also
>cherrypicking
Fuck off

Objective fact, quit baiting with bait images.

>cherrypicking
I press cmd-w probably hundreds of times a day. It's bound to happen sometimes that I accidentally press cmd-q. Say what you want, but placing these keys side by side is abso-fucking-lutely retarded. And cmd-`, that's fucking inconvenient to press, yet it's pretty much required because there's no alternative. These aren't "the best keybindings", no.

>I press cmd-w probably hundreds of times a day. It's bound to happen sometimes that I accidentally press cmd-q. Say what you want, but placing these keys side by side is abso-fucking-lutely retarded.
It doesn't matter how many times you press it in a day, cherry picking one poorly placed keybinding out of an altogether wonderful configuration is still cherrypicking. And again, install CommandQ.
>And cmd-`, that's fucking inconvenient to press
Fucking how?

>power users
>Windows
> littlerally an OS for gayming and nothing else

Well, what arguments do you have for them being good, let alone better than many Linux distros/DEs where you can easily pick any shortcuts you want, not just the ones Apple force-fed on you?

Consistency
>not just the ones Apple force-fed on you?
You can easily pick any keybindings you want in OS X as well.

0/10

>CommandQ
>3.99$
Wow, so you have to pay money to third parties to make macos functional?

>You can easily pick any keybindings you want in OS X as well.
Not cmd-q, cmd-w for instance.

>consistency
How are they more consistent than other OSes? And how is randomly having to alt-click something to bring up a magical hidden menu consistent?

Also for instance cmd-w for instance is the epitome of inconsistent: sometimes it closes a tab, sometimes it closes a window, who knows. How do I even close a window with my keyboard if cmd-w closes tabs instead?

You don't need to pay shit. You install the trial version, then after the 30 days are up it just keeps working anyway.
>How are they more consistent than other OSes?
Literally every application uses the exact same keybindings

Just because there's someone charging money for something doesn't mean you need to pay money to accomplish said task. I could release a browser that costs $20, doesn't mean you need to buy it in order to browse the fucking web.

>Also for instance cmd-w for instance is the epitome of inconsistent: sometimes it closes a tab, sometimes it closes a window, who knows. How do I even close a window with my keyboard if cmd-w closes tabs instead?
It's not inconsistent, you just don't know how it works. Cmd+w closes tabs given there's more than one tab open. If there's only one tab, it closes the window. If you want to close a window with multiple tabs, you press Cmd+shift+w.

>Literally every application uses the exact same keybindings
As with all major OSes

That's not what I call consistent. What even is a tab? It's up to the app to decide that arbitrarily. Cmd-w might do anything when you are using it in a previously unknown app.

>As with all major OSes
You wish.
>That's not what I call consistent.
It couldn't be more consistent. Tabs are nothing more than windows of the same application managed within the applications window instead of by the system's WM. Closing a tab is essentially closing a window, they're just not distinctly separated like what you normally think of as windows.

*application's

Do you know of a shortcut to close a window? My google-fu didn't instantly come up with anything.

I just told you, it's cmd+shift+w

Whoops, missed that. This is actually great.

no.

What flaws?

>

Seems pretty minimal in the grand scheme of things.

there's tons more, and no, losing your files when attempting to merge a couple of directories is not "minimal". what else could actually even be more awfully wrong in a modern OS?

Tons more?

If you lose your files when trying to merge directories it's your own damned fault, if you actually read the popup you'd see that merging directories isn't an option.

>it's your own damned fault

This is why no one on Cred Forums takes Appletard morons seriously.

the awful dock
no cut functionality in finder
mouse hover doesn't register on inactive windows
launchpad is horrible and cmd+space doesn't entirely replace it
activating an app window activates all the other windows, covering your screen with windows you didn't ask for
still cries about not "safely removing" an usb, yet doesn't show an usb icon on the notification area

just a few off the top of my head

I'm not trying to justifying the lack of a merge option, it truly is retarded that Finder doesn't have one. I'm just saying that if you click through a popup without reading the options, you're a fucking retard and deserve to lose your files.

If you use MacOS you're a fucking retard and deserve to lose your files.

>the awful dock
Don't use it.
>no cut functionality in finder
But that's wrong.

xD

Let's be real, the dialog doesn't exactly make it clear that it's gonna nuke all the contents of the previous directory, and it's not fair to blame the user for not expecting the OS to pull a potentially extremely disastrous move like that on an everyday-operation.

>Don't use it.
Wow, how fucking genius! Don't use it because it's so shit! Why the fuck would I want a way to switch my windows easily, when I can just simply elect to not have one??

>But that's wrong.
Last I checked, it's not wrong. You have to do some retarded shit like copy first and then do some magical shortcut that's impossible to intuitively know when pasting.

also you didn't address any of my other points. So, yes, there's tons of shit wrong with macs.

Maybe you never knew, but you can press shift to modify direction of windows cycling.

OSX is okay, got much worse from mavericks to sierra though.

/thread

>Why the fuck would I want a way to switch my windows easily, when I can just simply elect to not have one?
>I don't know what keybindings are

>Last I checked, it's not wrong.
It's most definitely wrong. It just works slightly different than Windows.
>Cmd+C
Select files
>Cmd+V (copy and paste)
Copy files to location
or
>Cmd+Opt+V (cut and paste)
Move files to location
Only real difference is you're making the choice between cut and paste not when you select the files but when you actually place the files.

>also you didn't address any of my other points
Because I didn't read them. Be glad I addressed any of your points, you entitled cunt.

Christ, Apple is a fucking joke. You'd literally have to be brain dead to use this shit and defend it.

>>I don't know what keybindings are
>I only change my windows like this

>Only real difference is you're making the choice between cut and paste not when you select the files but when you actually place the files.
I addressed that, and it's shit and unintuitive.

Not that guy, but given your experience, I assume We are to believe the discussion at your company went something like this:

> Hey, I got an Idea, see that guy who can't seem to ever get the Apple shit to work right, despite the fact that my grandmother could use it?

> Yeah?

> Let's put him in charge of our iOS "Migration"

Ummm . . . okay.

>You're using it wrong.

Mactard damage control at its finest.

Or, you could have just opened the window in a fucking TAB ... or swiped up or mission control ... or used the WINDOW menu ... or ... or ... or ...

I know you feel like your "too cool" for macOS, but really, this shit makes you look lazy and retarded.

This.

There is no point in using facts, logic, or reason when dealing with Appletards.

The only proper response is ridicule and contempt.

>or you could have just used out one of these inconvenient workarounds to compensate for the lack of proper window management

Your reading comprehension is poor.

Apparently affected by your anger, senpai.

> Because it doesn't work the way I LIKE and therefore IT'S WRONG!!!
> Waaaah.

What self-important IT prof taught you that shit?

>hey dude did you hear how polished installing apps is on mac?

> Because it doesn't work the way I LIKE and therefore IT'S WRONG!!!
> Waaaah.

What self-important Applel shill taught you that shit?

>>I only change my windows like this
See >I addressed that, and it's shit and unintuitive.
>waah change

Nice cherrypicking. You've got hidden files enabled first of all, normally you'd just see the installer. Second of all, 99.99% of OS X applications are installed with nothing more than a drag and drop

>You've got hidden files enabled first of all, normally you'd just see the installer
So you're trying to tell me I'm doing something WRONG by having hidden files shown? This is fucking ridiculous.

>Second of all, 99.99% of OS X applications are installed with nothing more than a drag and drop
No they aren't, most of the time they come in dmg's (why the fuck?), often they're zipped, and sometimes you only download the executable. It's a clusterfuck, just like most things on OSX.

>No they aren't, most of the time they come in dmg's (why the fuck?), often they're zipped, and sometimes you only download the executable. It's a clusterfuck, just like most things on OSX.
Oh, and some things are only in the "app store", except most of the time they aren't. Because fuck you.

>So you're trying to tell me I'm doing something WRONG by having hidden files shown? This is fucking ridiculous.
You're making it look more complicated than it normally is.
>No they aren't, most of the time they come in dmg's
Which you set your browser to open when you download. The moment the dmg's downloaded it opens the dmg then you drag and drop the application to the applications folder.
>(why the fuck?)
It's like a zip file but a compressed disk image instead, I fail to see why this is such a big deal.
>often they're zipped
Just as straight forward as if they're in a dmg
>sometimes you only download the executable
Even more straightforward

It's okay. Some prof told you it was wrong, and you fell into his masturbatory bullshit. Nice.

> Mac is bad because it forces me to do it one way
> Mac is bad because there are multiple ways to do things

Apparently, the Mac-hater just picks whichever fits their argument that day.

>Yet it's still better than anything Windows or Linux has to offer
How can you even live with that horribly shitty iconbar? It makes me puke.

>> littlerally an OS for gayming and nothing else
>literally the OS that runs 99,99999999% of top notch and most used professional software.
You are a complete idiot.

> STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!

>mac is cluttered and forces you to use multiple random ways to perform the same action
>this is good
>mac is limited and doesn't offer the user the things he needs
>this is good
You've got it backwards my man.

How can something *force* you to use multiple methods?

That just doesn't make sense.

>having to use dmgs for no reason when tons of zip formats exist
>still there's zips around too
>sometimes install by dragging shit to applications dir
>sometimes install by double-clicking
>sometimes have to use the app store
This is called needless clutter, and anybody who's not retarded can understand that.

And mactards even have the balls to claim that installing things on their toyOS is beautiful and convenient

And how, according to your argument, are you *forced* to use every one of them?

You are forced by use them by not being able to install software if you don't.
>inb4 that's not forcing
>inb4 you just don't understaa-a-aand

sage and hide

So, according to your argument, there should only be *one way*?

So which would you pick for this and all the other OSes out there. You know, my list below is not complete.

Linux --
Compile
Repositories
Download binaries

Windows
Installer
ZIP
Windows app store

I'm trying to believe you're making a rational argument, but you're not.

He never said you couldn't like it, he said he didn't. Learn to read.

So, if they allow you to pick the one way, how are users not forced to used the one way you pick?

Yes, sage and hide, logic is scary...

Finder is much worse than Nautilus actually. I never had Nautilus not display a file that was visible through ls, and then after opening suddenly it's displayed. Finder does this.

>Linux
>Compile
This is on other OSes too, so why list it on Linux only? Either way it's not how you install "normal" programs.
>Repositories
Which are the app store of Linux, except they actually have the shit you're looking for, so that makes them good. They're "the way" to install shit on Linux, and they work, so you can simply stick to them instead of constantly using 3-4 different methods.
>Download binaries
Yes, fallback.

>Windows
>Installer
>ZIP
So basically installers and archived installers
>Windows app store
>using any windows post 7

Tried reading your post 4 times, still made no sense. Re-write with proper English and I'll reply.

I know, logic is hard.

It's okay, little fella.

These aren't alternatives, the official way is through repositories, fallback to local packages, fallback to binary, fallback to compilation.

>spew some gibberish
>pretend you won the argument
This tactic works for you often doesn't it?

So the point that any OS will allow multiple installation methods is lost on you, because?

So "forced to used" is proper English? I'm not joking, I really don't know what you were trying to say and I'm giving you a second chance here. Either re-write your post or just fuck off.

I was just pointing out that the other OSes don't routinely alter between several methods.

Pardon my typo. "forced to use"

Good deflection so you don't have to deal with your conundrum, though.

Other OSs have package managers. macOS has the app store abomination and a bunch of half-assed wget scripts.

Yes that's what I'm saying.

>recognizes he fucked up
>somehow still my fault
Whenever you want to re-write your post, let us know.

average Cred Forums user

It's a simple if-then statement, but if you don't get it, that's okay.

We understand.

Your point was that it allowed you to use methods A, B and C and you could pick one. This is false. It makes you use only A for one package, only B for another and only C for another. I can't pick, I actually am forced to use all.

It's amazing how you failed to understand this, yet you're angry people didn't understand your own broken English.

And how is that different from any other OS?

Other OS's use a single method.

That's what the Apple fans always do.
>you have a problem with an Apple product? You're just stupid, that product is perfect!

Weak bait, but I still replied
2/10

>a bunch of half-assed wget scripts.
definitely doesn't describe macports, homebrew, or pkgsrc very accurately desu

You can, tonymacx86.com. Hackintosh nigga

Actually it does. I use homebrew regularly, it's a glorified wget, uncomparable to apt-get or dnf.

I love my watch, my Mac, TV, and i

No actually I was in charge of the android app and when that was done, they put me to ios because I was free, knew how to make the experiences consistent between the OSs and nobody else had any experience with OSX either.

apt-get is fucking trash

How is it worse than homebrew? Because I can think of several features it has and HB doesn't.

name them

Local package install, adding repositories, delta packages.

>Xcode is the only thing that makes it bearable.
This.

I would suck whatever panjeet is currently on to get it on linux/wangdows.

well yeah theyre not gonna name it iPhoneiPadiPodtouchOS

>apple.com/opensource/

well shit OP, if you cant even afford a mac, then it must suck ass to be you.

i myself built a monster hackinstosh instead since apple hardware wasnt good enough for my 4k shitposting.

lmaoing at idiots voluntarily eating picking the worst scraps apple produces

any people upgrading beyond window xp/7/8 is literally opening her/his respective asshole to be raped by NSA spy program

any people not using Linux/windows 7/8/XP deserves castration (girls r OK coz they dont got balls anyway)

You have to be careful with Windows 7 and 8. Microsoft backported much of its spyware.

>Windows
>some applications come as just an exe
>some come in an exe installer
>some come zipped or rared
>some come with the installer zipped or rared
>some applications are in the store
>most aren't because fuck you

This thread is fucking insane! People actually attacking each other over what OS they use?? It's an OS you losers get over it. I will say the Apple retards are the funnest because they want to tell you why there POS is better than yours! LOSERS!!!!!!

are you okay user
You sound like you're ~13 years old or are donald trump incarnate

Guys please buy Apple hardware, otherwise sir Ching Chong won't give me Apple reward points and my family has to starve. Please do the needful within tomorrow or I will get fired.

Thing is the amount of rice you have to do on linux to get even close to the out-of-the-box rice you have on macos is astounding. Don't even get me started on animations and such you'd need to trash everything and make your own DE, aka not happening.

>muh shitty homOSeX design

>muh shitty macs r gay maymay

>donald trump
back to Cred Forums faggot

user, Cred Forums likes trump
what, does simply mentioning one of the people running for president make me Cred Forums? Don't be fucking retarded. That user was typing just how trump talks

>knowing who Cred Forums likes

How is Trump relevant to Cred Forums, you retarded CTR shillbot? Both candidates are shit, except that one was under federal investigation with all involved pleading fifth and sold our uranium assets to the Ruskis, and the other sad something bad about illegal immigrants.

this

>maymay

I've never used OS X and I'm a week away from starting a job where they use macbooks

I have no idea how long it's going to take me to get used to it

>Apple logo's been a rainbow since 1976
>gay pride flag wasn't a thing for another two years
>somehow this makes Apple gay
nice maymay

explain this, faggot

you'd have to be fucking retarded to not realize that Cred Forums, which is full of nazis, likes the candidate that hates mexicans and foreigners
Stop being mad that I called you out for typing like a retard

Apple's retarded CEO is a faggot, what's there to explain? Gay CEO doesn't mean gay company.

That was my first post replying to you, dumbass. You didn't call me out for shit.

>thinks pepe the frog is nazi
>replying to a wrong post
>calling somebody else a retard
top kek

Their whole company is "a faggot".

>gay CEO does PR stunts that cater to gays
What a fucking shocker

8.1 with BetterDesktopTool works the same ase OSX

I wish Apps didn't hang the machine when they crash, quitting from Task Manager usual works if I remember to do it

Retard