/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LeEco is launching in the US on October 19
gsmarena.com/leeco_is_launching_in_the_us_on_october_19-news-20787.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 lauch event rumored for October
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_lauch_event_rumored_for_october-news-20777.php

Google Pixel XL dimensions revealed alongside 360-degree renders
phonearena.com/news/Google-Pixel-XL-dimensions-revealed-alongside-360-degree-renders_id85989

Sony Xperia X Compact review: Small Android is still good, but not much better
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/sony-xperia-x-compact-review-small-android-is-still-good-but-not-much-better/

BlackBerry won't develop any more phones by itself
gsmarena.com/blackberry_wont_develop_any_more_phones_by_itself-news-20759.php

Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Axon 7 Review
youtube.com/watch?v=hGfMBoUlKoQ

old

Other urls found in this thread:

zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-3-Prime-Snapdragon-616-Octa-Core-Full-Metal-3G-RAM-32G-ROM-LTE/609089_32641542005.html
tvc-mall.com/details/xiaomi-redmi-3-snapdragon-616-8-core-4g-smartphone-5-0-inch-3-32gb-13-3mp-grey-sku26010107b.html
flosmall.com/collections/smart-phones/products/xiaomi-redmi-3-pro
dx.com/p/xiaomi-red-3-high-version-4g-5-0-phone-w-3gb-ram-32gb-rom-grey-433636
coolicool.com/xiaomi-red-rice-redmi-hongmi-3s-touch-id-qualcomm-snapdragon-616-15ghz-octa-core-50-inch-hd-screen-g-43272
honorbuy.com/731-redmi-3-pro-32gb-dark-gray.html
community.umidigi.com/thread-2436-1-1.html
bbs.elephone.hk/forum-350-1.html
reddit.com/r/chinaphones/comments/3zacta/umi_rome_a_warning?st=itqhwu8m&sh=aa4aecb4
prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/other-prepaid-plans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does the Redmi note 4 officially support USA LTE?

Because I may get it looks like a more sturdy build then the RN3P

>LeEco is launching in the USA

If only that was Xiaomi or Meizu...

if you won't buy the Mi5s Plus you're cuck
lmaoing @ americucks

What's the best smartphone I can get under $300 with support for US LTE (AT&T specifically)?

Trying to replace my Galaxy S4...

What call + sms blocker do you use?

i’m looking to replace an S5.
i want by approx priority:
root/ability to flash custom roms
pretty good camera
external storage
replaceable battery

i don’t need all of these things, but would like them ideally.

I finally found an Android phone I genuinely liked in the form of the Priv. Now Blackberry is bowing out of the business. I may be able to make this thing work for the next year or two, but I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do after that. Everyone's just making the same uninspiring shit.

>OP3
So this phone came with an included screen protector, but after a week of use I could already see some scratches-- not affecting the quality of the screen but when I turn it under light, I can see the small lines on this screen protector.

Q: If I keep this Protector on, will I see future damage to the ACTUAL screen, or are these scratches nothing to worry about? Just cosmetic?

I wasn't planning to buy a tempered glass protector until this screen peeled off naturally

The screen protector is less scratch-resistant than the actual glass of the screen, so don't worry about it.

the screen protector the OP3 comes with also doesn't even cover the entire screen. shit is fucking pathetic.

if you would like plastic film over glass, get some of these my nigga

Thanks
It kind of stinks knowing that some people have problems fitting certain screens with certain cases...I own a Spigen but gonna try a Tudia but even those diverse choices don't confirm it'll for with the tempered glass...
Gotta do more research.

My s7 exynos finally came in. Anyone wanna buy a mint condition moto x pure? case, screen protectors and everything in box included.

I've had my OnePlus 3 with no screen perfectly
Protector and so far no scratches on it yet.

I do usually take care of my phone though and i haven't dropped it. If i put it in my pocket it's usually in a pocket with nothing else in it.

Oh I'm protective too. That's why I asked if there's something to worry about. I don't ever put keys or even my wallet in the same pocket as my phone.

i want something like an ipod, but without apple. i want to be able to move my mp3 files directly into the phone. they're not even pirated, i just use linux and can't get the itunes to work. i bought new music for the first time in a long time and tried to put it on my iphone 3 that i use as an ipod and it didn't work. any recommendations on what i should get? i also need something that i can use for email and such though, not looking for a pure mp3 player

literally any phone

How much did the s7 cost

553 off amazon new. bout 570 with case and screen protector, because i don't fuck around with expensive gadgets. bretty gud since it's not even a year old yet.

iphones are a phone, but i said i don't want anything apple, so that's not actually true

excuse me, since you couldn't emphasize your own point

literally any *non apple* phone.

i don't need the phone capability though and smartphones without plans subsidizing them are really expensive

Stop tempting me (it's not even that expensive).

you stupid fucking nigger

literally ANY FUCKING PHONE.

like go to fucking walmart, target, kmart. pick up a prepaid device for like 50-150 dollars with an sd card slot in it and boom, there you go.

buy that blu device that was 50 dollars on amazon.

buy fucking literally anything that isn't apple and you'll be fine.

specific model is the SM-G930F. that's the global exynos version. check will willmyphonework to see if it works on your network.

bought it specifically for the better battery life and complete lack of carrier branding. shit is slicc

Here in Greece we only have the G930F (all of them are that model) and it obviously works with local 4G bands since it's the proper model for the region.

i don't want to buy a random device, i want to buy a device that i can access the file system of directly

To be fair, my galaxy s3 earfucks me with hissing. Either the jack is on its way out or its dac is poop.

mull it over. sometimes it's best to just go with something little nicer.

go to /csg/ and get a chinkphone. all of them have decent dev communities and are easy to fuck with.

to also be fair, the s3 was easily the worst galaxy phone out of the entire line too.

Bummer. I may just fall for the s7 meme in not too long, unless someone else has a suggestion for a phone with very, very similar dimensions.

>sometimes it's best to just go with something little nicer

At the moment, on the 5.1-5.2" range, there's no better device. There's also the HTC 10 but hardware-wise it's way inferior, with the Snapdragon, overheating problems, scuff-prone back panel and mediocre IPS display (and it's also 100 euro more expensive).

What phone for Cyanogenmod in Canada (Virgin/Bell)

Should I buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snap650 3GB RAM)? Need a good smartphone, I live in a country that those shits coast like a fucking salary (Brazil). I want a good smartphone, cpu snapdragon,and looks like good. Don't want to pay more than $150-$180

My S3 was the first Samsung smartphone I owned, and it was also the phone that turned me off Samsung permanently. The longevity and durability of those things was just laughably poor for something that was supposedly a "flagship".

Still using mine nearly 4 years later, fampai.

M8 I'm still using my SII, alive and kicking

Thinking about finally getting a new phone, the OP3 is catching my eye

Hey guys, I'be got a question.
What phones do you know with mini-jack on the bottom? The only one I know are apples

S3 was pretty immaculately built. I know people still using their S3s after all this time. Honestly it's probably the best "budget" smartphone you can buy right now.

>mediakek
no

I currently have an S7 but my bill is too high for my liking since I have to pay it off on top of my data plan. Would buying a OnePlus 3 feel like a downgrade? I'm concerned with multitasking ability, music output and battery life mostly. I do take some pictures so a decent camera would be nice too.

Can confirm. My gf is still using an S3 with a cracked screen.

Oneplus 3 or the Axon 7?

The front speakers and the audio DAC are really the main reasons I'm considering the A7, but the OS and performance are making me reconsider it for the OP3. The two phones are really similar (in my eyes at least) so I'm having a real tough time deciding.

I've heard that the speaker on the OP3 is not too shabby despite being a bottom firing speaker rather than 2 front facing speakers, and that the enhanced DAC on the A7 is only useful for superior audio formats like flac. Can anyone vouch?

What would you choose?

Once a stable AOSP ROM comes out for the Axon 7, I'd choose that.

Just how bad is the software on the Axon 7? I am an iPhone user (6+) but looking at changing after the headphone fiasco and numerous other things. don't like the experiences I've had when using Samsung phones periodically over the years, is the ZTE just as bad?

I hate missing out on those glorious Samsung and Apple screens tho ;_;

HTC10 would be a good start, especially if you're used to paying iPhone prices. Overall best Android right now imo

Why the HTC 10? Seems like every other flagship generally, and priced as such, but with a non standout screen and meh camera?

Thinking about getting the OP3 or ZTE AXON7.

Living in the states
budget is around $400
Want a smooth system and if possible a good cam/screen
can take or leave micro sd slot

If only redmis had lte, rip.

Apparently iphone 7's are exploding as well.

Anyone fancy another phone-grenade combo?

in for a s7 edge for 0$ on a 2 year contract

Province wide unlimited everything and 6gb data for 48.75$ + tax monthly (cdn)

Originally a note 7, I changed my order to a s7 edge because it was taking too long for them to get the shipment and I was tired of waiting. Plus, I'm 5'10 king of manlets with normal sized / almost small hands so I think the edge is better suited to my needs. I feel the pen would bloat up the phone with the software and less battery as well

How'd I do boys?

>contract
>samshit
You did terrible and you got your new phone and thought, "Gee, I wonder who I can show this off to that will care? Oh I know, Cred Forums!" You found this general and didn't realize samsungs are complete garbage. Hope you're embarassed.

Hmm anyone have any idea what they're fucking up in?

>carriercuck
>on sammy phones

J
U
S
T

At least you didnt get an imeme 7 plus on verizon for a gorillion dollars per month and a 1 gb mobile data yearly cap.

V20 BOYZ!

Expandable storage and decent everything, and fucking great build quality. Android also pretty close to stock, unlike Samsung. It's up to you.

I will do some research but I have a hard time getting an expensive phone like that if it's camera and screen aren't great. I hate Sammy software but God their hardware is so good.

Does that one bootloop?

>samshizzle
>contractcuck
>6gb of data

What do you think are the chances that US carriers other than Verizon will sell the Pixel, or that Google will do in-house financing?

You'd think they wouldnt send it out to die by making it carrier exclusive but then again this is a retarded Pajeet company were talking about.

give it time

htc 10, but it has it's differences, which ended up why i got the s7. s7 has better battery life, the amoled screen that i preferred, the capacitive button layout is something that i've been used to since my s3, and the headphone jack on the bottom, since i'm not a fucking mong who puts their phone in their pocket right side up.

and for some reason, it's also cheaper than the htc 10 by a large margin. go figure.

>no SD slot
who cares about Pixel?

Eh I've been using Nexus phones for years and haven't really missed the lack of SD card. For me the stock Android experience outweighs the hardware shortcomings.

Also I might not even buy the phone. I'm just curious what you guys think from a marketing perspective. It seems like Google wants to go full bore with this one so the Verizon exclusive rumor just sounds mentally retarded.

My rooted S5 seems to be broken. It sometimes drains 10% battery within 3 minutes of browsing. I ordered two new batteries, same shit.

I'm still within the 2 year warranty frame, but as I said, it's rooted. Should I try to get a refund from
A) The store that sold it to me
B) Samsung directly

Or should I simply give up?

Unroot and take to the store. Maybe they'll trade it out and save you the pain in the ass but most likely you'll have to send it in and get a refurb from Chinksung.

Should I just kys myself?

I had similar issues with my S5 but it was a faulty battery. It would randomly reboot and lose 50%+ charge.

Should you, "kill yourself myself"?

the answer is yes

That's the joke you cocksniffer

waterproof housing meme plus the shit quality batteries

When will unlocked with no carrier note 7 be available in the US?

Lurk moar

I have a 6P and I'm really not happy with it. Battery life is terrible and sometimes the screen just randomly becomes unresponsive. Plus, it's way too big for me.
I'm thinking of selling it and getting an iPhone, since I already have a rMBP and iPad mini and I love them both.

Is there any Redmeme kenzo cover that fits kate?
I'm a clumsy alcoholic and need a good cover.

Should I buy a note7? I'm limping on with my oneplus one. After I flashed current rom on my phone I havent updated it in over a year now, so maybe custom roms arent so big of a deal anymore to me. I'd like to get root to install adaway atleast, though.

I'm used to taking a lot of notes and I used onenote on my old surface pros a great deal. Problem is that I dont carry a stylus tablet anymore.

Why google cant make a stylus phone? I'd pay $1500 for a note7 play edition.

Burning is a painful death.

Well user I have no life to begin with so nothing of value would be lost

Is there a ~5" chinkphone that runs CM13?

I think I might be selling my RN3P, I don't like the size of it at all.

ZUK Z2 zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/

ZUK is Lenovo btw.

zuk z2 and mi 5

It is around 450$ were I'm now, shall I pull the trigger?

>Galaxy SII

Muh nigga. Still got my Galaxy SIIx (an SII variant in Canada with a Krait processor and a bigger screen), shit is alive and kicking with Cyanogenmod. Excruciatingly slow at times, but it still works. I can sort of confirm what the other guy said about the SIII though, literally everyone I knew who had one saw it develop problems 2-3 years into ownership. Shit like the headphone jack getting loose, charging port failing, speaker failing (so no more speakerphone), random reboot problems, GPS problems, battery draining not fixed by resets or new battteries, you name it. It just seems like a lower quality phone than the SII, although maybe these problems were related to launch units.

For what everyone here says about contracts, consider your monthly cash flow. I am still on the same $45, 1GB plan with Koodo that I first got in 2012, because nothing better has come along. No contract but still shitty. And no, I refuse to go with Wind.

I see Samsung is continuing the spirit of the SIII.

Shiet pls get me the sexy red one pls, fampai.

What smartphone has the highest screen surface to total frontal surface ratio?

>LeEco is launching in the US
If they hit the right price point I'll go for it. My argument with chinkphones is always 4G bands and lack of warranty. It would cost half the price of the phone to send it back to China to fix. If they sell in the US at least you'd know you're covered

Thanks for the replies. Zuk Z2 has a good size, but doesn't seem to have too much development going on. There's an unofficial CM13 port but it doesn't seem very well-maintained. Pro version would probably get maintained, but it's 5.2".
MI5 seems to have a fairly big developer community, but not sure how much longer it's going to get maintained now that MI5s is out. Plus, due to the phone's big bezels it's not significantly smaller than the Redmi.

Maybe the Pixel would be a decent phone once the price drops.

We'll know in exactly 8-10 months

Anyone here have experience with wallet cases? Are they usable as actual wallets, or do they suck?

Unofficial ports aren't that much of a difference and after some research you'll find the bugfree releases. They release a new version every few weeks. If it's a buggy one they publish a fix days after.

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html

I don't get it, why is the Gray international so damn cheap compared to other sites?
Will I get chinked?

I bought a Chinese Gray from them and received it just now. I'm fairly convinced I got a resold device that someone had returned to them.

That's probably why they can sell them a little cheaper.

I don't know. I'd much rather deal with Pajeet and Russian developers than Chinese developers. The shadiness, the language barrier and the small possibility of botnet. Forget it.

>tfw redmi note 3 screen cracked

Fell off the desk when I was moving something and didn't have the case on

It still works, but fuck everything, I only had it for under 2 months

Boy that is one flimsy screen

i want to replace my old S3 mini.

want to get a decent phone with more power behind, longer battery life, a screen size between 4,5" and 5".

my budget is around 150€

yea, I got a old iphone that was dropped a lot and the screen is just fine, fuck

My uncle has experience with replacing screens so I'll leave it with him next I see him, I'll probably fuck it if I try myself.

just suck some dicks and save money for a new one, I'm sure you'll love it anyways

more informations: i want a microSD-slot, use it mostly for surfing & texting, some little games, camera isn't that important since i only take some photos.

maybe an option to install Cyanogen or something else would be nice

The cm port is made by russians but do whatever you want.

I've decided it is time to replace my faithful servant - the iPhone 4.

I'd like a phone with similar size. Not a fan of those huge phones. Preferably a good camera, android and not too expensive.

I am clueless when it comes to smartphones, but both Sony Xperia X and Z5 look good to me.

Tips senpaitachi?

So ive been using my samsung galaxsy s3 (THREE) since its basically came out and im ready to move on to a new phone
Im in the usa using t-mobile
I never want to use a samsung product ever in my life so thats out of the question
I had the htc sensation back in the day and it was quite a pleasant phone for its time. Id like to get a new htc device but im not entirely sure if they stopped shitting the bed as of late
I really like the modular design of the lGG3 but im skeptical to think its just an experimental gimmick.
Leaning towards the Xperia atm

Budget as high as the stars because i want a new fucking phone
I dont really care about cam quality
No expandable storage is a dealbreaker
And more or less a phone that will last as long as this S3 did

Id be greatful for any suggestion

Z5 is too old and may overheat, Xperia X compact is not an upgrade unfortunately, as far as compact goes you should go for the iphone SE,

bump? anybody?

Probably the Aquos Sharp Crystal

Look into phones by blu. They seem to be right around that screen size and i believe most have an sd slot of some sort. Good quality for the price.

Or chink shit is always an option.

>Camera at the bottom
Why

all that chin and no capacitive buttons on it, man what a waste. Those buttons take screen estate, which is why I dont like 'em

Didn't even know there was an iPhone SE, thanks senpai.

It's more expensive than both of the Sony phones, and the camera isn't as good. It's also smaller in size, and I'm used to and like iOS.

Please convince me

Nexus 5x, Galaxy S6, S7, HTC M8, M9

What does Cred Forums think about the p9?

I have never used an iPhone and got mine a couple of days ago. Having a phone this small is so nice, even better than I expected. iOS lacks a lot of elementary features of Android but it seems really stable and smooth. Especially considering the resale value of Apple products, I feel like I am not even taking a risk trying this out. Might lose $100 if I resell it in a few months and go back to Android. Who cares. But right now I feel like a convert and don't miss shitty Android apps at all.

Hey you fucks

I bought a redmi 3 pro and installed custom rom/recovery on there, but didn't change the kernel or the bootloader. Am I still being spied on by China?

Of course. I hope you checked the custom roms source code too!

This desu. I was incredibly close to buying a moto x play u til I realised it had on-screen buttons, fuck that. Ruined a perfect phone for me.

I've never even used one but I bet it feels like shit.

Why are you only worried about China?

How is it still like this? Just report that shit or something.

>those corners

Nah senpai

Well it's in Takeley now, where it supposedly should be. I have one tracking number!her for Hong Kong to UK and then from there to my address. First tracking number ends with Takeley and the second one starts with Takeley to my house. Its still like 180 miles away though and I'm away over the fucking weekend too.

I'm pissed off because it could have been here like two days ago. At one point it was at an airport less than 20 miles away from me then it flew back to fucking London.

Are you not able to contact them, and let them know you can pick it up from their store? Seems like a waste of time.

Why is Samsung bad?
Why are contracts bad?
Especially carrier phones?

>interested in the OP3
>not waterproof at all

seriously?

>samsung bad
knox, touchwiz but that's getting better, updates are hit or miss

>contracts bad
£50 a month for 4gb of data and still wanting £200 up front for a device
i pay £20 for 35gb of data

>carrier phones
carrier bloatware, awkward to develop for as they have different firmwares and model numbers to WWE unlocked devices, and sometimes has they don't have features the unlocked versions, have like VoLTE and things like that.

just wait for the pixel phones.

What is this for? DELL Latitude E6530

although to add, at least samsung are bothering with security updates, as the S6 just got septembers.

NFC smartcards, for loging in.

My S4's screen broke and i'm thinking of getting a newer phone, Which of these three phones is the "best". Sony Z3,HTC m9 or Note 4? I'm mostly gonna use it for videos/calls/games so i'd like if the phone doesn't overheat or lag. What phone do you guys think i should get?

none they are all EOL, if you must get a phone nexus 5x or a discounted 6p.

Zuk Z2 or Le Max 2.

Yes.

Redmi 3 Pro has official CM13 support.
If you've got more cash, BQ Aquaris X5 Plus runs CM13 out of the box and has SD652.

HTC 10.

They are all DOA and shit.

Well right now its ~3 hours away by car so I'm not fucking doing that.

I own only the m9 and note4 so I can't speak for the z3.
Between the m9 and note4, I recommend getting the note 4 for its better battery life and a far better display. The only caveat is its software; development of aosp roms has slowed down since cm13 and it'll likely only have unofficial cm roms moving forward.

>implying the pixel phone will have removable storage or last a long time

ok HTC 10 then.

Hey thread real quick, I want to buy the Galaxy 7 for dat camera but uh, how does the galaxy 7 compare to 6 or 5 as far as overall camera/quality. Is 7 the good buy or should I consider an older model?

anyone see jerryrigeverything on mi5 nend test?
was seriously considering this phone...now I wont touch it.

got to a store and try it out a little.

don't bend it. Can't be that difficult.

I'm switching back over to android soon after 5 years with apple, still shopping around/waiting for the pixel announcement to decide what phone to get.

As far as I can tell from a quick google search, bootlooping is only an issue for people flashing custom shit, is that right? so if I just try and deal with the UI I'm given + whatever i can manage with launcher customization, it's not an issue?

Because so far LG G5 or maybe V20 depending on price might be the phones for me, but everyone keeps talking about the horrors of Bootloop so I want to make sure that's not a base level issue that completely takes a phone out of consideration.

What are some good first time android phones? The s5 looks good but idk what I should get.

note5, s7, nexus 6p or htc 10

What part about "cut corners to lower pricetag" do you not understand

Honestly the oneplus 3 would be a good entry point since youre not sure what to expect to begin with.

It's better.

>bootlooping is only an issue for people flashing custom shit, is that right?
No. it happens randomly to everyone even if your'e on stock rom. but that was with the G4 and G3. so far G5 and V20 are ok.

2nd the OP3, it's relatively cheap, and gives a great android experience, and should be well supported both officially and by the community

Well according to G5 is bootlooping now too, so.....fuck. Guess I'll have to hope the V20 isn't too expensive

Honestly can't trust LG anymore. Iv'e heard the N5X are starting to bootloop as well. so better stay away from their phones.

That really sucks, V20 looked incredible.

Do you think the pixel release will have any sort of impact on 6P prices?

It better will, 6P with SD810 really isn't attractive anymore imo.

Not sure whether to ask here or on /sqt/, but:
>Mother reports her phone having issues charging a while back
>considered getting a new phone
>I figured it was a bad contact or something, got a small screwdriver and tried to adjust to the bent contact pins in her phone
>this works
Cue passage of time.

>same problem
>doesn't charge
>request to see her charger
>cable's frayed and worn
>figured that was the case and just gave her my charger to borrow
>buy a new micro USB cable for her to use
>comes in today, and I test her phone with it
>absolutelyfuckingnothing.jpg
>try my phone
>it starts charging after a short period of waiting
She's got a Samsung Galaxy III or III S or some shit. Are these phones just garbage, or should I get another micro USB cable? The one I gave her works, but it's like 3 or 4 inches long. The new one I bought is 6' but doesn't seem to work for it.

the micro USB port could be fucked, or try a new battery, and only 3 foot is the longest you should go for a cable.

>get interested in the OP3

>have to wait 5 weeks to get one delivered

Are you fucking kidding me?
Oneplus only offers 1 device and they don't have the production capacities to get a decent stash of phones?!

Why wouldn't you get a cheap sd820 chinkphone or wait for the cheap sd821 chinkshit?

they do have the production facilities, it's just in high demand, faggot.

me too yeh, its kinda stupid

S3's are notorious for fucked micro usb ports. Its not the cable that wears out, but the plug itself. The piece is replaceable, but that phone is so fuck old shed be better old upgrading.

Is using my credit card in google store a good idea? I don't want to get hacked

Even ZUK is faster
>inb4 who?

>contract is nearing its end
>finally can upgrade from a shitty Samsung phone
>Sprint's towers are so old I can't use Sony phones on their network
>turns out the only moddable phones are Samsung because LG keeps their shit closed and Apple is fucking trash
>Samsung is exploding and is already shit
What the fuck do I do? I wanted to get the LG G5 but I can't stand stock, and the Xperia just won't work.

Am I eternally fucked? Do I just have to suck it up and hope the G5's bootloader can be flashed in the future?

Just use play cards

>What the fuck do i do?

Get on a new carrier, friendo. Sprint is trash. Worry about the type of phone when you get the fuck out of that mess.

fucking leave sprint

>i don't want to buy a random device, i want to buy a device that i can access the file system of directly

All phones are shit. My bro solves that problem by using a SIM card in his Thinkpad. You can get USB WWAN adapters, PCI-E adapters etc for any computer you use.

I just hotspot off my phone because too many PCs to put SIM cards in all.

Which one of the currently for sale smartphones is the one with the best camera? kimo only specifies camera lens/sensor model and resolution which doesn't say much.

Camera lens/sensor idk which one is good anyways and high max res doesn't guarantee that the end result picture isn't a grainy or blurry piece of shit.

I don't really care much about performance and the other shit
Help.

REDMI 4 WHEN

>you stupid fucking nigger
Kek

get a fucking camera retard.

Hi everyone, i have been using a windowshitphone for a while now and i really got tired of how useles it is. Can you guys suggest me a new phone ? I am not too much of a mobile game fan (i'll download a few games like heartstone). I spend a lot of time watching videos and listening to music. So i would like a phone that can do these great. I currently have iPhone 6s or Galaxy S7 on my mind so my price range is around the price of those phones.

just get an s7

S7/note 7 i think

Helo samshill

i'm actually a HTCshill.

>nigger
>buy
make your fucking mind up

>HTChill
I don't believe you.
Well both the s7 and p9 struggle for the title of the best camera.
The HTC 10 is better for /mu.

I'm a poor 20something on my parents plan, thats not an option for me at the moment. I tried convincing them but its not my choice and they hate change. I'd love to get my own plan but I can't afford a smartphone plan, least since last I checked prices.

>have LG G4
>goes into bootloop
>try calling both Tmobile and LG to get it fixed or replaced
>even though I have insurance AND am still under warranty I have to pay $170 to get it replaced because there is a tiny crack in the corner of the screen
>ok whatever, I need a phone

then
>Tmobile said they ran out of G4s, sent me a G5
>the fucking volume button doesnt work
>send it back for a new one, free this time
>the fuckwits send me galaxy s7 by accident

Thank God tbqh, cant deal with this LG retardation anymore

How can one brand fuck up so bad?

HTC has always been best for audio, and day to day usability, but cameras we don't really talk of those, as i even bought a ILC as the camera on my M8 is that bad.

try ting or freedom pop, as they are super cheap.

The first person you answered to didn't say anything about wanting the bestestest camera.

Okay, what do you think is the best camera then, non shill?

Read the thread

>ting
>uses sprint & t-mobile
>freedom pop
>uses sprint
okay so Ting is my only option, why them? I'm wary to accept advice from someone that doesn't understand my problem.

If you cant at least quote the post you can go fuck yourself m8.

What do you use your phone for, and do you live in an area that has tmobile networks?

Run to a fuckin walmart and activate the 30 a month prepaid plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5gb lte data. Then get yourself any phone that works with them.

I see. Well, I guess she might have to get used to a new phone in the future. I'll have to help her back up her shit.
Yeah, I notice that this cable is resulting in a slower charge. Probably should have bought a shorter one.

I haven't looked into coverage maps in my area but I have friends here that love TMobile. Good to hear that carriers like Ting are affordable. Sadly I can't afford a new smartphone by the time my other phone goes out, so I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and stick with Sprint for the time being.

Samsung and Apple are out of the question for me and the horror stories of the G5 bootlooping make me wary of that brand as well. I wish my folks didn't have my phone on a rental plan, I'd just keep my S5.

Dp your absolute best to break out of sprint, familia. Get a side job or something and save some dosh for a new phone. 200-300 bucks isnt too hard to come by if youre crafty. Tmobile is the way to go for a cheap plan and once youre out of that contract bullshit youll never go back.

My heart is set on the Xperia since it seems pretty popular on the XDA forums. Another 100-150 isn't TOO bad though...wish me luck famalam.

God speed

so I just got an new Android with 6 on it... most new features and all that... pretty gud

now one thing I can't find for the life of me, it seems my phone takes a two step start up and I can't find anywhere about this thing....
first it takes on a initial boot and etc,
then it takes on a sort of hibernated mode, where phone is on but nothing else?
then you have to swipe your lock or pin code, and a second start up takes place with usual app optimization and whatever

I tried to search about this everywhere and couldn't find anything about it, apparently it keeps the phone in a near hibernated state while still keeping track of alarms, schedule power on and such...

I have no idea what your'e talking about. what phone you got?

Do you mean it lags when trying to load up all the apps? Happens on most mid-range devices

Guys, what's your opinion on the Xiaomi Mi 5? Is it any good?

they just partnered with a british carrier to supply them in store, so thats why the wait time is so long

>Xiaomi will never shill their chink shit in the US

Feels bad man. Looks like the perfect budget phone

What will be the best phone for ~300 USD by tthe end of this month?

want to replace a S3 mini and spend not more than 150 bucks

thinking about a xiamoi handy. do they support "normal" google play store? are they rootable? can i access system files directly?

Mi4 or Redmi 3 Pro (not note 3 Pro, only want 5")

Yes to all. Redmi 3 Pro is better.

neither... if you have the phone powered off... completely without any feedback
> hold power button
it powers on, but doesn't complete the boot on,
the screen is all black with a clock and some stuff and only the locker
>unlock device
now it finishes the boot process, brings the whole system and etc

so the question is what is that middle stage for? what is it called?
I thought this was the so called the new doze thing, but no
and apparently keeps in this stage if you're using the schedule power-on power-off features (so it knows when to wake up/alarm)

my phone is an alcatel pixi4

Does Cred Forums like my new phone?

Just buy it from AlieExpress dude

no

Thoughts on the device?

I didn't have that on M, but I think i've noticed it on N. I think it's a security feature, like if it's not you, the device won't let you do ANYTHING, not even get into recovery. Otherwise, i think you could use ADB to get into a stolen device.

>lenovo mustard
>bought iphone
but why

What i mean by that is their carrier bands are not catered to us carriers. Id grab one in a heart beat but they dont have shit for signal on tmobile.

where can i get one with black front (grey model i suppose)? banggood has none ...

want to ship it to Germany

ment to

Not bad, feels the same as my iPhone 4 did. After 4 different hardware failures on my htcM8s and 2 bootlooped v10s just wanted something that werks

If you're on the edge, why not consider the 5S? It has a slower processor and less memory, but it is practically identical in function to the SE, and also has iOS 10.

My OnePlus X just updated to 6.0.1 - where the fuck has my sdcard mountpoint gone?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-3-Prime-Snapdragon-616-Octa-Core-Full-Metal-3G-RAM-32G-ROM-LTE/609089_32641542005.html

tvc-mall.com/details/xiaomi-redmi-3-snapdragon-616-8-core-4g-smartphone-5-0-inch-3-32gb-13-3mp-grey-sku26010107b.html

flosmall.com/collections/smart-phones/products/xiaomi-redmi-3-pro

Flosmall has EU shipping insurance too.

thx, but they are all out of stock or cant ship to germany (aliexpress)

that's why i asked ^^

hey /spg/lords

Im looking for a new phone. When I got the S5 Samsung seemed like they wanted to lock down their phones more and more. I want something rootable that I could install a custom ROM on.

What are good options for me?

I'll PM u the fix :)

cbb to check if they ship to Germoney, check these out:
dx.com/p/xiaomi-red-3-high-version-4g-5-0-phone-w-3gb-ram-32gb-rom-grey-433636

coolicool.com/xiaomi-red-rice-redmi-hongmi-3s-touch-id-qualcomm-snapdragon-616-15ghz-octa-core-50-inch-hd-screen-g-43272

honorbuy.com/731-redmi-3-pro-32gb-dark-gray.html

Also, I live in the US and have AT&T.

Can I order in those Chinese stores without hassle? Aliexpress for example. Are there hidden costs or things I have to watch out for?

Yeah it's safe. check the store rating before. shipping takes a lot of time so keep that in mind.

why not the axon 7?

All the galaxy's are still rootable. Knox is a thing but only really matters for fags who care about warranty.

Oh cool, so I should still be good with an S7?

What about the Edge? Is the edge gimmick useful for anything?

So apart from the no sd card and the price
is there any reason why the pixel xl is bad ?

Google iPhone
Bezel
No front speakers (or stereo)
that sensor thing below the speaker grille is ugly
HTC
probably expensive

So he can get no LTE support?

Thank you for the (You)

>bezel
I give you that point
>No front speakers (or stereo)
some are saying that it's going to have stereo, one speaker at the top and one at the bottom, or two for the xl
>that sensor thing below the speaker grille is ugly
let's see the real deal
>HTC
It's actually a good thing, htc's are built pretty good unless you want to repair it yourself,
source: I'm a htc m8 owner who repairs phone for money :^)

Is verizon going to finally get a stock android device? I hate touchwiz, pls send help.

make sure your provider doesn't exclusively use LTE on band 20.

They might. Google is spending a lot on advert this time so normies are going to know about this "pixel phone" and companies like verizon only care about normies.

>Want to buy a cheap chinkphone.
>Nearly all of the popular ones (Axxon 7, mi4/5, redmeme 3s/note) have these black borders to hide the fact that their screens aren't as big as advertised.

Yes I am aware I could just get a black phone but I feel I that I would still be getting chinkd. Is there a cure for this autism?

I'm hoping so. Verizon is the only network worth anything in my region. If they can't get a stock phone soon I'll be forced to buy a craplel.

kys yourself.

today seems to be your lucky day fám. youtu.be/YaKJ6KKcRi0?t=1m51s

Contract is almost up.

Thinking of ditching my iPhone 6.

iPhone 7 is out because of the stupid headphone jack shit. What should I get? I only really want to listen to music, text, and do the occasional web browsing.

Suggestions?

>Suggestions?
Don't get a new contract.

I'd probably end up paying a shit ton more doing pay as you go.

Canada sucks ass for cellphones

i did already, but thx for the warning

My Galaxy S3 is seriously beginning to approach the end of its life. It's been a good, long 4-year run, but I'm ready for something new. Is the Sony Xperia X Compact literally the only new phone that's

>Not made by Apple
>Not absolute trash
>Less than 5"

I was kind of hoping to get something with a slightly higher resolution than 720p.

>tfw you feel for the LG G4 meme

i enjoy it as a phone, but Jesus Christ do they have quality control issues

fucking having to order a replacement for the 2nd time this year for the same bootlocking issue

should i upgrade to the G5 when the time rolls around or just jump ship to samsung? As much as i love having a removable battery, better battery life/camera having a phone that wont brick on me out of fucking nowhere would be nice

I'm Canadian too. It's really unlikely that a contract is better, unless you get a bunch of additional discounts. Taking the S7 as an example, it's cheaper to buy an unlocked model from NCIX or something and go with Public Mobile.

Just took a look at their plans, interesting.

Why do Canadian phone and internet companies have to be so ass?

Oligarchy.

Public Mobile is a Telus flanker brand, so you get the Bellus network (contrasting with Wind).

best phone for 500-600$ thats not samsung or apple

I moved to Canada and my wileyfox doesn't work over here with 3G or LTE.

Any recommendations for a ~200 CAD smartphone. I've been looking at iPhone 5Cs because there seems to be literally nothing decent in Canada that I can just go out and buy

>not samsung or iphone
Then you can get really good phones for around $300 since the first are overpriced as fuck

wew lad any recommendations for that price then :ddd
also considering the honor 8 is it bad?

HTC 10.

whats the best most lightweight way to browse youtube ad-free on android 4.4.4?

Trips of hope!

>that manlet LFV twink
This is the typical Android user?

also what browser should i use in general? ive been on 10$ phones up until today.

I've been looking for a cheap chinkphone with good battery, and I think I might have narrowed it down to two.

The first is the Oukitel K10000, because it's a battery-beast and costs like nothing. I don't care that it isn't a speed machine. It's sturdy as all hell, lasts a week without any effort. It would be like returning to the good old days of dumbphones.

It also ships with Android 5.1 and is supposedly already upgrading to 6.0, so that's p cool.

The second I'm looking at is the UMI Super.

It is
- Sexier
- Probably a better phone overall
- A bit more expensive (but who cares from $150 to $200)
- Has USB Type-C, which I dig
- 4000 mAh instead of 10 000 mAh

The battery is the only thing making this difficult. I think UMI planned to ship Android 7 really soon to, as soon as they could, which I like. Any opinions here?

Any phones I should consider instead?

K6000 Pro. Faster SoC than K10000, still a huge battery, and doesn't weigh a ton.
There's a guy in currently doing a review of it.

I noticed that my Blu R1 HD has a full manual mode. Used it to get this macro shot of if it, pretty good for a $60 phone I think

>K6000 Pro
Thanks for your advice! I have actually taken a look at that one, but I reckoned that if I wasn't going to get a Type-C port I might as well go all out on the battery.

I have to emphasise that I don't really care about games or whatever. If I can run chrome, snapchat, facebook, PoGo, some emulators and a Cred Forums app, I'm as happy as I can be when it comes to software.

The K10k is tempting just because of the over the top battery. I don't really love how it looks, not impressed by it's screen, it doesn't have Type-C. But just imagine walking around for a whole WEEK not having to think about the battery.

If I'm going to compromise in any way on that point I want to have everything be great. UMI Super fits that bill, better than the K6000.

Might as well go for the Redmi Note 3 Pro then. has a faster SoC than both, 4050 mAh battery, CM13 support, and Xiaomi is more reliable than UMI.

>Google iPhone
that's a great thing though

I hear people talk shit about companies like UMI and Elephone, but I guess I don't know the same as everyone else.

Is there a collection of horror stories somewhere? Is there a concrete reason to stay away from them?

I'm confused
I thought I wasn't supposed to get lte
I was cool with 3G it was fast enough for when I was still playing pokemon go

>Aquos Sharp Crystal
What a shit phone.

just got my Redmi Note 3 Pro today in the mail. I flashed it with Miui 8 Global version.

two problems
>screen flickers very similar to pic related every now and then
>there's no "United States" or even "United Kingdom" in the Locale list so I had to pick South Africa

moto g

Their reputation is bad because their phones tend to break after 6 months and they don't give a flying fuck. take a look at their forums and see how much issues people have with them:

>[UMI ROME] Wifi, Touchscreen, GPS Bug
community.umidigi.com/thread-2436-1-1.html

bbs.elephone.hk/forum-350-1.html

reddit.com/r/chinaphones/comments/3zacta/umi_rome_a_warning?st=itqhwu8m&sh=aa4aecb4

It's why chinkshit got it's name.

whoops

Lol, I see. I think I'll look into the forums a bit to look at what I'm getting into.

>screen flickers very similar to pic related every now and then
That doesn't normal. better RMA it quick.

What's a good way to make.android look more minimal? Any recommended launchers?

nobody likes htc in my country :~(

What does that mean?

none exist in stores\no accessories

Means he's too poor to own a fashion accessory like iPhone because looks are all he cares about.

budget?

Material design is pretty much as minimal as you can get while maintaining function.

>buying chink shit that will never see an update

Why?

I mean the ui, replacing all the giant ugly icons with something more slick.

just don't have any icon

I have the autismal otter case on my iphone 5s. Looks completely new despite being dropped hundreds of times

is it hard to jailbreak an iphone se now that iOS 10 is out? will i brick that shit if i try to get an N64 emulator?

is writing with the stylus enjoyable? i feel like buying a note 5 just so i can write without carrying an agenda.

can i purchase a stylus and write using other phones or is this a feature unique to note phones? there an offer for a nexus 6p about 30% cheaper

I'm on Verizon in the US, I enjoy removable batteries and lock buttons on the back. Is there anything that could even compete with the LG V20 when it comes out?

3rd edition and the p8 lite are coming out at around the same price. Would the moto be the better bet?

Why don't you guys use tablets instead? It's not like the "phone" portion of your smartphone ever gets used.
lol get it
becase you're all fucking losers
>inb4 projecting
Just because I'm a loser doesn't mean you're not one too.

>there seems to be literally nothing decent in Canada that I can just go out and buy

Wouldn't Blackberry be liquidating their shit by now?

wtf what a mess

Redmi 3 or Mi4?
I only care about the camera quality

Redmi 3 (avoid the S version for now, it has reception problems) or Amazon Prime Blu R1 HD

>Mediatek
Why even care

does anyone still use the one plus 2? how is it holding up? I am thinking about picking one up tomorrow

>want a new phone to replace my old ass 2011 smart phone
>every single new phone from this year ended up being garbage

jesus christ, I just want a new phone already.

Look into chinkphones, if you are retarded and won't get a brand that doesn't market their shit in the US get a Lenovo Zuk Z2
Though all of those are 5", if you want less than 5" and not absolute trash the only phones doing that are the Compact variants of the Z and X series

Literally no reason to with the op3. Shot is dated.

I currently have an lg g3
Is there any worthwhile upgrades with a volume rocker on the back?
Or should i just keep my g3 for another couple of years?

installment plans are gay

can i buy a new phone subsidised on a 2 year contract through at&t if I currently have a phone with a 2 year contract with them that is about to expire? like can I still "upgrade" to a new contract through grandfathering or whatever?

i would really prefer that I don't get $20 added to my bill every month for the next 2 years to suck out $650 from me

im not going for the op3 because I got no damn money

Sounds like fde which requires your lock screen pin on boot. It's an optional feature for my s7edge under security settings.

Given my general experience with Chinese companies and their products, I'd prefer to avoid chinkphones if possible. Guess it's Sony for me, unless there are other Jap smartphones designed for small, dainty little hands.

My faggot cat jumped on my lap and I dropped my 5s. It now has a small crack on the right side of the screen about a centimeter long. There's a tiny chip in the back of the glass but the display is works fine and I can't feel it when touching the screen. What should i do?

>he didn't have a case & tempered glass
kek why do people not protect their hundreds of dollars equipment

Buy a case so the next time your faggot cat jumps you it won't shatter into a thousand pieces, a tempered glass screen protector is a good idea too

If you don't call people, tmobile got prepaid plan of 100 minutes and 5gb of 4G for $30. Shit got me through college. At the time xperia play was out so just played ps1 games to pass time between classes.

prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/other-prepaid-plans

It's a not bad camera. Holds up against the S7 except in the dark. More muted tones, but colors feel more "natural" instead of oversaturated social-media-esque pictures of Samsung.

Only thing I wish about the HTC 10 was that its battery was 3500mAh.

How much for the moto x?

The G4 is basically "not the sum of its parts" the phone
Great simple plastic build, big and defined screen, SD card slot, the processor is still perfectly fine, RGB LED, removeable battery, even the stock ROM isn't that bad look and function wise.

But Bootloop, mediocre battery life, and software bugs make it one of the sadder phones I've ever owned.

>But just imagine walking around for a whole WEEK not having to think about the battery.
As nice as it was not having to charge my old pre-android touchscreen phone, 4000mAh is enough to give you 7-9 hours of screen on time, and easily last you 2 full days.

10,000 mAh is overkill unless you do excessive travelling or camping out in the wilderness. And you can get a 15,000mAh battery for 30 bucks.

>That doesn't normal. better RMA it quick.

It went away after I disabled auto-brightness. If it still comes back, then I'll ATTEMPT to return it. I doubt I'll have much luck though with GearBest.

I've got the Super, I don't like it.

Its weirdly heavy and unpleasant to hold, GPS is buggy, and the bluetooth audio is constantly distorting and cutting out. Also the screen on time isn't what it should be for a 4000mAh battery. Also the non-stock parts of the UI loike the notification shade are mismatched and ugly.

Rather than fixing its bugs Umi just keep bringing out new models instead.

On the plus side, the screen has really good brightness, colour and black levels, the fingerprint sensor is fast and the build quality is pretty good.

Who else Mi Max master race here? Manlets need not apply.

Is this whole Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro thing a meme or legit? I mean it is a chink phone so I dunno if I should buy it?

Axon 7 has amazing warranty, OP3 hads shit communication and axon 7 developers are working on a CyanogenMod build

I don't think contracts are an option at all anymore with any US carriers. Its toxic.

Literal same. I'm still using a Nexus 6 and idk what to get. Maybe the Pixel will save us?

You can get a dollar stylus just about anywhere and it will work on any phone. But the Note series has a Wacom screen and stylus, it's a much more accurate and professional level stylus.

Where is the HTC tht PRICE MY FRIEND?

One of the better options if you don't mind the camera.