Linux and GNU are finished

Daily reminder that GNU and Linux are finished.

There's a new game in town.

github.com/fuchsia-mirror

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Free_Software_Definition
youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28
youtube.com/watch?v=-TvSiYu8z2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many times are you going to post this?

Until the freetards accept defeat.

no one with self respect will install this, shill

but will it run systemd?

systemd isn't portable to non-linux kernels, and magenta isn't linux, so no.

There you go freetards. Now you have a reason to install Fuchsia.

How many decades until it reaches feature parity with unix?

Also, will it be POSIX compliant?
Because if not, google can go fuck themselves.

>Daily reminder that GNU and Linux are finished.
>Until the freetards accept defeat.
What is the problem with competition and why always someone wants one of the competitors to disappear?

If any we should be worrying about monopolies like Microsoft's on the desktop but not wanting windows to disappear but for it to lose enough marketshare to disable their lock-ins and allow healthy competition, just that.

MIT, Apache, BSD > GPL

Go be a freetard somewhere else.

What makes you think this won't turn into another Minix?

What makes you think this will "succeed" (as in, be acceptable just like GNU/Linux) on a desktop/server environment?

No trolling, just want your opinions on that.

Nobody is confident that it will succeed. There are only people that hope it will.

Also it's designed from components meant for embedded systems, and it's probably going to target primarily phones and IoT devices despite their claims that it's meant to run anywhere

inb4 it's Chrome OS: Another One

This new OS is actually open source fucktard

>Linux users = freetards
Stop that

must be new here to not know what "free" means

It's not GPL, so most of Cred Forums wouldn't consider it free software, fucktard.

It's why most Cred Forums users use Linux, faggot.

>It's why most Cred Forums users use Linux, faggot.
Gonna need a source on that.

Go ask in /flt/ nigger.

>/flt/ = all Linux users on Cred Forums
Fuck off retard

>no gui
>no software support
might as well use fucking BSD

BSD has GUIs and software though.

You fucking mouth breathing idiot.
Even FSF admits that it's possible to write good free softwares without GPL.

Absolutely 0/10

To be quite perfectly honest it does not look very impressive so far.

And since it's a microkernel I don't see how it intends to compete with Linux in performance.

Would you mind elaborating on why you think that Linux is finished?

>It's not GPL, so most of Cred Forums wouldn't consider it free software
most of Cred Forums is retarded. Any software with a license that respects the essential freedoms is free software, and the MIT, Apache, and BSD licenses do.

>cd
>cp
>echo
>ls
>mkdir
>mv
>rm
heheheheehehe GNU is already there

GNU/magenta is the newest meme kek

>yfw writing this shitpost

lol no

>Even FSF admits that it's possible to write good free softwares without GPL.

Lol no it doesn't.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

kys nigger

>GNU/magenta
This has potential. Let's see Stallman's interjection applied to Magenta.

Quit talking out of your ass, retard.

/thread

OP REKT AND BTFO
BANKRUPT AND FINISHED

So is that OS really pronounced:

Google Fucks Ya?

Google Fucks you?

Wat?

Did you even read the page you just linked?

Read it.

Also,

>shitposter calling others shitposters
How cute.

Man are you ever retarded.
ˈfyo͞oSHə

Are you 9 years old? How do you not know how to pronounce fuchsia?

>Would you mind elaborating on why you think that Linux is finished?

Fuschia will be backed by alphabet. Any of the performance overhead of microkernels will be overcome on modern hardware, and this architecture is better for IoT, which is the future, anyway.

Not according to comrade Stallman, faggot.

Holy shit are you literally brain dead? Not even your link refutes me

Also see

Idiot

>ITT
OP getting thoroughly BTFO

What a shit thread

>will be backed by alphabet
So is Facebook dead now, killed by Google+?

Since you do admit it will perform worse than Linux I honestly don'\t see how you can imagine it taking from Linux userbase. Switching to Google's OS would be a downgrade.

Fuchsia will never be able to compete with Windows/MacOS AND Linux, it's too much to hope for the microkernel based OS to actually ever take off.

Anyway at least Google tried.

Fuchsia is open source, not free software, so I am correct.

That was corp. v. corp. Linux doesn't stand a chance against Alphabet. Linux is going to get phased out like OS/2.

Google already controls the most popular Linux distros.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Google Fuchsia, is in fact, GNU/Fuchsia, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Fuchsia. Fuchsia is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Fuchsia", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Fuchsia, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Fuchsia is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Fuchsia is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Fuchsia added, or GNU/Fuchsia. All the so-called "Fuchsia" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Fuchsia.

The kernel is called Magenta, you faggot.

You are not correct because multiple open source licenses are listed as compatible with FSF as clearly mentioned on pages linked.

>it was not the same thing so my generalization still works!
Fascinating.

You are still to explain why people would start switching to Fuchsia from Linux.

>n-no I am correct
Here comes the denial stage

OP it's best to stop posting before you embarass yourself any further; no one ITT is taking you seriously

Also I see in your screenshot that many of GNU coreutils are already implemented on Fuscia. Who are you even arguing against? Fighting freetards with an open source OS? hahaha

If you were explaining this to /biz/, how is this good for Microsoft if this kernel is widely adopted over the Linux one?

>Fuchsia is open source, not free software
You are retarded. The GPL is not the only free software license, and free software is not mutually exclusive with open source.
Fuchsia is open source and free software

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Fuchsia, is in fact, GNU/Magenta, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Magenta. Fuchsia is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Fuchsia", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Magenta, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Magenta is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Fuchsia is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Magenta added, or GNU/Magenta. All the so-called "Fuchsia" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Magenta.

>New game in town
>It's a google's already failed dead on arrival side meme project

Top kek, OP hehehehe. Remember Chromebooks? Remember Golang? hehehehe you tried

Fuchsia is not free software. The licenses it is licensed under are not being used in a free software way. It is open source only.

Fuchsia doesn't use GNU. It's completely new and doesn't use GPL.

Microsoft can make closed source forks of Fuchsia.

See Enjoy your half assed chrome OS, phone poster

Fuchsia is provided with MIT license which makes it free software according to FSF.

Compared BSD to Linux, it doesn't have fucking shit.

No it does not you stupid fucking faggot. Not all licenses create free software.

X-org is a free software and it's MIT licensed, computer illiterate fuckwit

Shut the fuck up pajeet

You seem to have little to no understanding of what a "free software" license is. Any license that guarantees the "four freedoms" is a free software license. You are misinterpreting the term "free software" to mean only "copyleft" licenses, which is completely wrong. Copyleft licenses are free software licenses but they're not the only free software licenses.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Free_Software_Definition

Fuchsia is designed to be OSS, not FOSS.

Everything I said was correct, end of discussion.

It respects the four freedom, it's a free software by definition

Just because OSS can be a subset of FOSS, doesn't mean Fuchsia is FOSS. Closed forks of Fuchsia can and will be made.

White boy freetards blown the fuck out.

Both things you just linked defend what he said

faggot

You can also fork it and release it under a copyleft license.

Google's branch isn't under GPL though. Thanks for proving my point.

It's also not proprietary.

It's also not FOSS, faggot.

According to the FSF who created this arbitrary definition in first place, it actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28

OP rekt again hehehe

>Make a new OS
>time for the userland
>keep the godawful UNIX shell alive

Great.

Inb4 they add five different text filtering programs and the shell itself isn't functional

>he likes powershell

>godawful UNIX shell

I don't.

I'd prefer es at the bare minimum. These imperative algol wannabes need to die, and the "do one thing, do it poorly, and do it several times in several different programs" thing should go with them.

This does not seem ABI compatible with Linux. In the trash it goes.

Linux won't exist in 10 years.

>ABI
>ever using botnet shit you can't compile from source

>He is still trying
lmao pajeet is pretty desperate after getting BTFO 35 times in his own thread kek

Just so you know, OSes don't survive without software. If Google tries to close this thing up it wont last.

Google hasn't done anything right in a decade, this will fail hard

Screencap this

Screencapped.

>Microkernels are a hot new meme again
Cool I'll let RMS know

>Google hasn't done anything right in a decade
They gave me a free laptop, I can't really say that that was a wrong decision

Guys please install fuchsia, otherwise sir sundar won't give me google reward points and my family has to starve.

Please do the needful within tomorrow or I will get fired

Microkernels are probably a good idea for a fresh start at this point. They're small so they can theoretically be built up quickly and they're designed to be stable and can be very secure if they're designed explicitly for it. The speed concerns aren't necessarily as big as they once were and newer microkernels are designed to be fast.

>mfw

I hope they murder linux losers.

Should not be too hard to do.

loll buttmand winbabby is angry hehehehe go back to manchild

Does it even work yet?

Yes faggot. I posted a screenshot of it working. You can already run it on real hardware.

can it run X and firefox

Not yet goy.

I thought you GNU(see what I did there?) you need Linux Kernel to compile this. This just blew your mind. #noonecares

It's over, Fuchsia is finished!

Fuchsia is FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Blown the fuck out

You can do it on a Mac too, faggot.

Then defeats the whole freetard speech. Which is then in contradictory to the whole argument, stay focused you faggot. #nublets

fuchsia is a botnet system developed by google

gg user

Tits or GTFO

When you start using ad hominem attacks - you've lost the argument. And that's why you replied with another ad hominem attack to a constructive criticism in this post: .

What does this do better than Linux?

>ad hominem

Ad Hominem

(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

And not a single of the posts replied to had such a thing

>Freetards
>Stupid fucking faggot
Not ad hominem attacks. Ok.

I don't know if you know this or not, but freetard and faggot are ad homs. Not that I care, because this is Cred Forums, where ad hom reigns.

Who cares, he confirmed that he was just baiting. See:

OP has already made multiple threads, of course he's baiting.

I didn't see faggot. I'll give you that, but freetard's just the term for freetards.

I give it 4 years before google gives up on it

>OSS can be a subset of FOSS
Google fanboys confirmed for brainlets.

this kek OS is not made for desktop. it's made for IoT, stupid faggot.

is it remotely easy to build? might be cool to spin up in a vm

>Written in
>Various, including Dart and C
>Dart
>OS written in literally Javascript
goodnight

>Daily reminder that GNU and Linux are finished.
>How many times are you going to post this?
>Until the freetards accept defeat.

Linux is not finished because companies like Cisco, Avaya, IBM and Oracle will still use Linux for most of their embedded appliances

youtube.com/watch?v=-TvSiYu8z2M

(Juniper and NetApp use embededd BSD which is why I didn't mention them).

>Microsoft can make closed source forks of Fuchsia.
but that isn't good for microsoft

what init system does it use?

Anything but systemd and i'll give it a shot.

B-but how can Google be Fuchsia?