Are e readers shit?

are e readers shit?
i haven't kept up on e ink technology

define 'shit'

Not as comfy or readable as a real book, or a locked down piece of trash that prevents you from loading what ever documents you want onto it to read.

my only experience with them is at the stores, where you can try them

Readability is great, feels nice.

I would buy one, may be

I like them they are not the same as normal books but I dont have to lug around 700 page tomes with me everywhere

The seem to have come a long way from my prs-300. Much faster and more readable.

I really like my kindle. Way more convenient than lugging around large books, and the integrated backlight is amazing at night. Picked it up for like $110 3 years ago and it's still going strong. Battery lasts about a month per charge. Plays nice with ePub and pdf, but .mobi files are the native kindle files and work very well.

pic related fuck paying for books any more

What is your book torrent source? Old books are easy but new ones seem hard.

>prevents you from loading what ever documents you want onto it to read.
I don't think even the kindle does that.

Anyway, e-books are great for reading books that you read from start to finish, like novels and stuff. However, they absolutely suck ass for reading anything where you have to jump around or that has figures and requires larger pages, like text-books, articles, reference books, etc.

I actually liked the ability to ctrl F words in text books

Doesn't work as well as it does on a PC, and everything else is inferior to physical textbooks yet.

Also the screen is too small for textbooks.

I can't wait for the day somebody actually makes a decent e-reader with textbooks in mind, that'll be the day I stop having physical books.

new books are hard and typically you have to do them on a book-by-book, no one torrent site seems to have em to be honest. one shortcoming of the kindle I guess, sometimes I just buy the paperback versions.

no one will make them because textbooks make schools way too much money and they will cry m-muh piracy when someone brings it up

Yeah that's what I've experienced. I have a big archive on my computer but torrents seem to work better by categories or popular topics. I had no clue there was a lot of terminator books for example. I have a lot of old stuff torrented, but I assume a lot is from project Guttenberg

sold a kindle a while back for 40 bucks, rebought a better ereader (kobo glo hd) for 45.

do read a lot more when i have an ereader, going through a couple books now, the light is pretty neat, my kindle was from before they added that.

Try getting into a ebook related private tracker.
There are a couple of decent ones

Or alternatively, #bookz on IRC

Should i buy this Kindle Paperwhite? or should i consider other e-readers.

I use a Nexus 7, almost exclusively for reading.

library genesis

>tfw using Tor to dl liberated epubs

should be fine right? eh, don't even care about it if not, files look good to me.

so easy to browse available titles, don't touch pdfs or mobi files though. epub a best

No just get it plus calibre software