How come Linux doesn't get custom kernels like Android does?

How come Linux doesn't get custom kernels like Android does?

Why don't they make one for laptops to improve battery life?

Other urls found in this thread:

git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can only install a custom Linux kernel through Java. Java doesn't run on Linux so we have to settle for the generic default kernel instead. I'm hoping that this gets changed soon, I've got some ideas for a custom kernel that I want to make.

git clone git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
cd linux-stable
make menuconfig
make -j$(nproc)
make install

They do but you need a hacker distro like Arch to install custom kernels

None of this matters, senpai.

I thought Ubuntu was the official hacker distro

actually kde is

>I thought Ubuntu was the official hacker distro
No.

>Noob
Ubuntu
Mint
Debian

>Intermediate
Fedora
CentOS
Gentoo

>Professional / Expert / Hardcore Hacker:
Arch

I hope these are satire

>How come Linux doesn't get custom kernels
Of course it does, Android itself is a custom Linux kernel, user

>Arch
>hurr durr i copied commands from the wiki and i think i'm smart.

true statement

i compiled my own kernel, but it was literally no different than the default kernel

don't bother until you actually know what options you have available when you build the kernel

better yet just take a pick of any of the numerous precompiled kernels

Would you feel threatened if I came to your house and booted my Arch-powered MacBook Pro?

no because my shits airtight nigga
you on the guest wifi bitch

Yes.
By your overpowering homosexuality.

Please don't rape me.

it's not hard, I think you are already smart enough to turn off all the drivers for grahpic, ethernet, and wifi cards you don't have

1. Android is a custom Linux kernel
2. There are other custom Linux kernels specifically designed for certain purposes such as security, or real time purposes.

no

nice boobs

Probably because custom android kernels are device specific so it'll be too difficult to implement that for the massive variety of laptops out there

Why do archfags think they're such hot shit?
I installed arch a while ago, but after fucking my system up I decided to just go with antergos since I didn't want to go through the entire install process again.
However, i think arch is really only viable if it's a computer owned by one person who is very technologically literate. If, for example, I had a family with multiple people who needed computer, I would undoubtedly go with mint.
Mint is a noob FRIENDLY distro, but it does make you a noon for using it.

I'd really love to see family arch computer hahaha
What i could see is if all kids wife would log in as guest in order not to mess shit up.

Noobuntu is so bloated

arch has the -ck kernel with some scheduler patches as an alternative to the default one

I'd say Debian is "choose your own difficulty level". Though the most I do when I install it is change sources.list.

solus has a customized kernel with a lot of patches from clearlinux and such. It also does -o3 and avx2 for packages so it's overall faster than arch.

we already have a thread

Literally anyone with a brain can use any of these distros. Just because you use Arch doesn't make you a "Professional/Expert/Hardcore Hacker." At most Arch is on the same level of a hobby project.

Consider yourself hacked, noob

Install gentoo

Seriously you build your own kernel at install so it's by default costum.

Nice try.