Why do people think PC gaming is expensive?

Why do people think PC gaming is expensive?

Because to play games on par with PS4 Pro, you have to spend $700+

because it's expensive

/thread

People forget a computer can do more then a console then complain when it costs more

Because people are retarded, and retards can only, at most, think of immediate-term costs.

But it's really not

especially if you use the computer for other things like raster graphics editors or CAD (inb4 you need a quadro or firepro for simple CAD)

Actually about $350. Less if you already have a PC for work.

This.
Also

Sure, at first, but with PC gaming you don't have to pay a subscription to keep playing with friends or other people, possibly games go on sale more often, can be cheaper, and there are free to play games (steam, gog, humble bundle), possibly a bigger selection unless you have multiple consoles(?).

Powerful computers are only needed if you're doimg digital media production.

Otherwise a smartphone can cover all your need.

Also this

I regularly see second hand ps4's going between 130-200 bux

Good luck building or buying a computer that runs games as well for that price

But also who cares games are for children and man babies

Smartphone can't even cover my shitposting needs.

More like over $900 for a fucking midrange PC.

Anything but the pro would be a waste of money rn desu

>100 extra bux for polaris apu

You only need about $100 to build a PC that runs games "as well" as a PS4 (namely 900p less-than-lowest settings 20 FPS).

There are so many problems with this

I've tried explaining this to many people that when choosing a PS4 unless they use it for single player they are paying on top of the online costs, it's a single gen machine, and has limited media capability.

How many people do that?

The only midrange thing on that computer is the graphics card

Everything else is high end

Kek'd

I don't think that's true since the only games worth playing across any platform are the Yakuza titles and 1080p is fine even on a 4k 65" screen hell even 720p looks good enough

Why the fuck are these Cred Forums-tards leaking into Cred Forums

The fully modular here is superfelous
You can get a far cheaper case
250gb SS or HDD for less cost
The 32gb of memory.

>$30-$60 a game
>need $350+ pc to run
>window$

v.s.
>$60-$80 a game
>need $400 console to run
>micro$oft xbone

weedows is free though :^^)

PS4 doesn't have an SSD. PS4 doesn't have 32GB of RAM. PS4 doesn't have such an expensive cooler (which isn't really necessary). PS4 doesn't have a CPU anywhere near as powerful as a 6600K.

Regardless, a PS4 isn't anywhere near as useful as a desktop and its library of games isn't 1% that of all PC games.

Unfortunately if you have a PC building thread on Cred Forums it degenerates into pepe posts very quickly.

Building a PC is better and is cheaper in the long run.

>PC hardware is going to stay the same for years to come. Intel and AMD have a strong monopoly because the majority of software people use (iTunes, AutoCAD, Photoshop, games, etc) need their processors
>Compared to consoles where for example, the Xbox family went from x86 to PowerPC to x86

>A well built PC can be future proofed and last years more than a console
>Even if you don't, replacing your processor and motherboard can still be cheaper than getting a new console at launch

In short, if you buy a console every gen, you are going to spend 400-500 bucks easily. You build a decent rig, you can spend anywhere from 300-2000 bucks and it can last you for several gens depending on how often you upgrade your computer and what kind of games you play. Not to mention, if you do upgrade or even build another gaming PC, you get the best backwards compatibility more choice in controllers, etc.

PC > Console always unless you prefer JRPGs or some other niche game genre that's mostly on consoles.

t. freetard salt

>6600k
>High end
Kys

>6600k
>not high end
it's not gimped to fuck by intel so it's high end

It is. You're forgetting extreme and enthusiast tiers

you fags need to make more money

idk how people can stand gaming on a 60hz screen with 30fps

>freesync tvs don't exist

WTF are they doing

Some people feel that some hobbies are not worth the money despite thefact they'll be spending a lot of time on them.

It's like for years I've resisted getting a 144hz 24", but it's something I'll be spending a lot of time looking at and using for gaming and watching so why not?

>the only titles worth playing are yakuza

Fuck off weeb trash

Somewhat agreed, but with a few issues.
There is a certain price minimum that you need to put in to allow for upgradability.
That means getting a cpu and motherboard that uses a non-dead chipset like lga1151 or am4 (soon). While that doesn't necessarily shut you out completely from lower tiers, I find it is a bit harder when your choices of low-end processors are limited to the last couple generations of hardware.
The issue right now is that both amd and intel changed their sockets fairly recently, so there is no previous generation of cpu to buy that will work on those motherboards.
Currently, it is a big decision between old processors with ddr3 ram and whatnot, or the most modern ones with ddr4, m.2 ports, usb 3.1, etc.
I'm pulling this number from my ass, but I think a decent i3 computer will land you somewhere closer to 500 or 600 than your optimistic 300 minimum.

Also, is there a reason you cannot simply emulate "obscure" console games on your computer? Last I looked you can basically carry the entire ps2 library in your pc.
Unless you need to play current gen console exclusives, you can generally just wait for an emulator to be developed for the console or play their pc ports.

no 'budget pc' list goes over monitors, speakers, desks, chairs, keyboard, mouse, wireless card, additional cables-

>Mid range

Nice meme.

Mid range is 600$ tops.

>window faggots come here and shove their garbage down everyone's throats
>but MUH GAYMIN
All I play is doom and I don't need Bill Gates' dildo in me

No console goes over additional costs such as your television, entertainment center/tv stand, seats/couch (es), speakers, extra controllers, cables, etc.

Don't be retarded. Consoles lose in this aspect in a significant way.

>upgradability.
that's bullshit, you replace CPU every 3-4 years or so and GPU more often if you really want to play the newest AAA crap
you replace cpu+mainboard and most likely RAM at the same time, you keep PSU, case, HDD

Haven't changed GPU in 5 years, still max out almost anything.
Haven't changed CPU in 10 years.

Console accessories are overpriced as fuck compared to pc shit

You can do simple CAD with integrated graphics

What GPU you got?

True you keep things like storage, case, and power supply, but upgrading the motherboard AND your ram at the same time is a nice way to add on an unnecessary $80+ to your costs for upgrading the cpu.
Graphics cards don't change standards as often, so long as your psu has the cable to power it you're fine.

I am simply saying that the am4 and modern chipsets have the potential to save you money in the longrun when you don't need to dump them again in 3-4 years (really short cpu upgrade cycle by the way) when you want a new cpu.
You are right though, if you don't change your cpu often enough to be on the same chipset, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

You make some fine points. If you don't mind not being able to upgrade OR you only play one or two games that a 300 buck PC plays great, you can just buy that and never worry buying anything else unless something breaks but I have to agree with here, even if you have to upgrade your processor and motherboard to a newer one, chances are good that it'll remain cheaper and you can still play all the games you've bought.

>Also, is there a reason you cannot simply emulate "obscure" console games on your computer? Last I looked you can basically carry the entire ps2 library in your pc.

I could emulate, but I personally have decided that if it isn't on the PC natively then I'm not going to put forth the effort to emulate. Unless it's a game I really want to play but that is so rare now because most games get PC ports now.

>still max out almost anything.
anything you play i'm guessing, which is more than enough.
but i doubt a 5 year old system can max out W3 and the like

>c2d e63xx is just as good as modern day cpus
there is literally no way in hell that cpu isn't bottle necking you

sockets for RAM and CPUs change, i remember being able to buy DDR 1 RAM ~10 years ago
if you can keep your ram then absolutely do so, but often you can't.

Top fucking kek

My build costs $900-$1000 and it has a GTX 1060.

I'm not claiming otherwise. It can't max witcher 3 or BF4, but it can max witcher 2, for example. That's why I said 'almost anything'.

Ow wow, so a high end console killer only costs $900?

I'm sold.

In my country (Canada) building any kind of decent PC would cost at least $800, and that's at the lower end of mid-tier. That's almost double how much a new console costs, and chances are it won't play games as well as a new PS4 would.

I'd rather just buy a decent laptop and play games on that, now that a bunch of Nip-Nip games are on Steam.

>my 5 yo graphics card can max a 5 yo game
user..

IDK ask my bff

TW2 is the most demanding game until TW3/BF4. Anything released between can be maxed by anything that maxes TW2.

Sure, if you compare the CAD price of new computers to the USD price of new consoles.

>building a decent PC is too expensive
>So i'm gonna buy a laptop instead
i don't follow

Because they are dumbasses.

No, you don't need to play every game on max. Hell, most pros play on low settings, low resolutions and even 4:3 aspect ratio.

No, you don't need the latest hardware. A high end card released 2 years ago is still great.

No, you don't need to upgrade your rig to the latest hardware every year, regardless of what the merchant, paid shills and kids living from money someone else earned say.

Also, console are made for entertainment only. A desktop PC is an universal device, their capabilities are only limited by the knowledge of their users.

Come back when your PC can run Persona 5.

>TW2 is the most demanding game until TW3/BF4
hehe mm keep telling yourself

because on consoles you get what you get and there's no changing that

on PC you're always tempted to push those graphical settings, so when you get shit framerates you're constantly thinking "wow I should upgrade this POS" even though you've got a way better image then you ever did on your shitty console

True, optimisation of settings is important as well.

Hurry up, Vega, I'm going to crack soon and get a 1070 and have done with it.

Don't tell them that

because it is

Question, I am tempted to change my small 17" IPS 60 for a TN 24" 144hz, is the change to 144hz worth putting up with a TN monitor?

I need a decent graphics card.

Is a 750 ti good?

btfo

who doesn't have a tv/some sort of seat? i had a tv at age 12 and my parents were broke to the point of us being homeless. and tv come with build in speakers.

for a pc you /must/ have a desk and a proper chair to use a keyboard and mouse. you can literally fuck up your wrists/neck

what accesories? you get a controller with your console

if you only want decent graphics why not just buy a console for the same price

>who doesn't have a pc/some sort of seat?

i think the better question is why play video gaymes

You can hook up a computer to a tv, judt like a console.

Not really. Too much RAM, but that's about it.

PC gaming has a higher start point, that's just a fact.
But it is cheaper in the long run.

Because I already got the computer and I don't want a console. I just want a cheap graphics card for the few 3D games I want.

Modular PSU?
Knock 100 watts off that even cheaper still, less ram
Smaller SSD or HDD
Cheaper case

Lmao I'd laugh my ass off if i saw some faggot drag his big ass tower over to his TV

You're really reaching here.

It would weigh 10kg maximum.

you can, true, but if you've spent any kind of decent money on your rig then you'll probably be wanting a decent refresh rate and colors to go with it

Just wait for the GTX 1050/1050ti or get a RX 460.

How is that any different than a console though? And you can buy a case that blends in good with the rest of your decor. Or you could hide it away in your entertainment center.

Meh, my house is full of tvs and cheap monitors I got from Goodwill. Using a television doesn't bug me one bit.

You'd save $100 or so and for no good reason (besides ram).
500GB SSD is normal nowadays.

>SSD
>PSU
you san save 100€ combined from just those two

>no good reason
other than, you know, not buying pointless shit?
nobody cares if your system takes 10 or 5 seconds to start and games take 1s or 500ms

There is literally no good 500+ PSU under 50€.
And
>current year
>HDD

you know with how much people defend mediocrity in this thread you'd think people would be more receptive to consoles

I don't watch tv, so I am not going to waste a few hundred on a tv comparable to my monitor, but with a much lower pixel density and refresh rate.

500gb SSD is normal? Where? On Cred Forums maybe but certainly not anywhere else.

It's the principle and utility of the platform, I got sick of consoles when I had an arseload of 360 games that even though I got cheaply were stuck to that machine.

>how is that any different from a console
I don't know, maybe the fact that consoles are lighter and more portable and are actually meant to be in your living room?

>There is literally no good 500+ PSU under 50€.
sure, but that doesn't mean you need to spend 120€ for 600W
>HDDs are outdated
again, the only noticeable difference is that things load *slightly* faster.
and i don't think that's worth 80$(the difference between a 500 GB SSD vs a HDD)

You are basically talking about cases.

If you play very basic games, you could even just get an Intel NUC or even just buy something like a Mac Mini or Pavillion Mini which all are even more portable then even the Wii.

And again, you can just get a case that matches your home decor. There are some really nice cases.

>games that even though I got cheaply were stuck to that machine.
Just emulate them bro :^^)

Because:

Gayming mouse: $50
Gayming keyboard: $100
Gaymen 144hz monitor: $300
Gaymen mousepad: $20
Gaymen headset: $40

Then PC tards will claim you don't need those even though they all bought said gaymen peripherals.

Also you'd be at a competitive disadvantage if you don't buy those things.

>500gb SSD is normal? Where? On Cred Forums maybe but certainly not anywhere else.

Even Cred Forums tends to recommend SSDs on the 250gb range unless you're spending $1500 on the PC.

>*slightly* faster
It's more than slightly faster in large or poorly optimized applications. And there's a lot of them.

Even for poorfags SSDs are so cheap that they should be able to pair a small one with an HDD for read intensive applications, like bethesda games and bf4.

>500gb SSD is normal? Where?

Outside of 3rd world. If you can't spend $120 for a part that noticeably improves your life and can easily last for 10 years I don't know what to say.

I didn't buy a single one of those things. All you need is a controller if you want a console experience and Steam.

PC > Consoles forever, m8.

>Gayming keyboard: $100
wtf?

You can get a really nice mech board for less than that...

>Even Cred Forums tends to recommend SSDs on the 250gb range unless you're spending $1500 on the PC.
That depends on what you assemble a PC for.
Maybe someone doesn't play games but requires fast access to larger amounts of data?
My $500 laptop (used) has a $300 SSD

does it give me FPS? no, certainly not.
does it give me better graphics? no certainly not.
does it save me a few seconds on loading screens? sure
is this worth 80$ for most people? certianly not.

>most people
Most people do not play video games on their PC.

>Gaymen headset: $40
kek, the only thing that might be justifiable is a good headset for csgo
>That depends on what you assemble a PC for.
sure, some people actually NEED SSDs, but the vast majority doesn't

>Gaymen mousepad: $20
Confirmed bait

I didn't notice the first time

>the vast majority doesn't
Are you sure?
A lot of people edit high res photos from their DSLR cameras.

>most people do not play video games on their PC
true, Office & Email & Webbrowsing are some of the more common usages, none of which profit from SSDs AT ALL

Photo management and editing
Video editing
Audio editing
Software development
Databases
Testing (with virtual machines)

the amount of people owning DSLR cameras is substantially less than the amount of people who play PC games or the amount of people who use office suites(altough a lot of that is at work)

The average pleb would be more likely to play games...

gayms fuel hardware development...

>does it give me FPS
It can reduce stutter in read intensive applications.

>a few seconds
It's not "a few" seconds it's more like 20-30 seconds in games like BF4. In Fallout 4 (or any bethesda game really) if you combined all the additional wait time using a regular HDD, you'd be looking at AT LEAST 20 minutes of time wasted waiting for shit to load.

>is this worth 80$ for most people
Unless you're dirt poor it's a worthwhile investment. I'm very happy I made the investment and I would recommend it for anyone playing games. But if shrewd merchantmen such as yourself don't want to, that's fine.

That's why I said tends to. Sure, different people have different needs, but majority of them don't need everything on an SSD, and the ones who do use their computer for more than just gaymin(which, need I remind you, is the topic at hand).

>gayms fuel hardware development...
GPUs maybe

And GPU's are the only thing being developed right now.

Compare a GPU from 5 years ago to now..

Compare and Intel CPU from 5 years from now... same shit!

phones fuel cpu development...

>Compare and Intel CPU from 5 years from now... same shit!

More cores and higher performance/watt. Except on consumer shit where it doesn't matter, of course.

Because it is

To get a half decent gaming pc you will be paying a lot more than a console. Sure you can get some poverty build that will not run anything at decent settings and will be probably not run anything in 2 years, but that is hardly worth doing. If you are getting a system with less than a i5 and a 480/1060 you really shouldnt bother.

Also you can say a PC does more but smartphones can do what most people use a PC for these days.

I really want to know how those idiots who claimed they could build a superior PC for $400 than the PS4 are going now in 2016. I bet those machines are struggling with newer titles.

>audio editing
>the vast majority of software development
>Photo management and editing(unless you're doing massive pictures, which, again, is only a small amount of all image editing done)
no noticeable difference between SSD and HDDs
>Databases
>Testing(with virtual machines)
This discussion was about gaming PCs, you already dragged other desktop applications into it, don't drag in servers as well.

Yeah, "PC gaming is cheap" is just a meme outside the US.

>but majority of them don't need everything on an SSD
This talk about NEED is really misleading. There's a lot of things we take for granted that we don't really NEED. You don't NEED a big HDD, you could just install the game when you want to play it. You don't NEED an LCD monitor why not just use your old CRT monitor? You don't NEED a 100/10 internet connection.

The question is not whether or not you NEED something, but whether or not its improvement to your quality of life is significant enough to warrant its cost.

why would you build a pc with the intention of using it as a console though. just buy a pc to use it as a pc instead of pretending they have the same uses and practicality

>have to buy expensive mechanical keyboard, expensive mouse with perfect sensor, expensive graphics card, expensive headset, expensive cpu and expensive 144hz (soon: 240hz) monitor with g-sync to stay remotely competitive

this is why consoles are better. pc is literally pay 2 win

>competitive disadvantage
We got ourselves a live one.

you are sooo dumb

Because for most people, consoles are a better option all around.

A few months ago I got a brand new Xbox One 500GB with 3 games (Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Forza Horizon 2 and Fallout 4) plus an extra limited edition controller and $50 Amazon gift card all for like $300.

There's no way I could build a decent gaming PC for the same price. Also I didn't need another computer because I already have a primary laptop. Plus for like 95% of people (myself included), the marginal graphical differences between a console and a high-end gaming rig are definitely not worth the huge price difference.

>smartphones can do what most people use a PC for these days

Not really or they're very inefficient at it. Even shitposting on Cred Forums sucks on a phone.
I agree with the rest of your post, though.

PC gaming does require at least $800 to get into, but then in the long run the games are cheaper (or even free) and you get more choice, including competitive games which aren't really a thing on consoles.

Yeah, $120 = free

You can get a 1tb hdd and a 32gb ssd for less than 100$, then just setup ssd caching. Get more storage and similar speeds for less money. The guy who made that build, and the one arguing to buy a 500gb hdd are both retarded.

>No, you don't need to play every game on max. Hell, most pros play on low settings, low resolutions and even 4:3 aspect ratio.

yeah lets spend a heap of money on a new rig to get into pc gaming and play new games on low settings. Fuck off retard

>No, you don't need the latest hardware. A high end card released 2 years ago is still great.

So you are suggesting a card that costs twice as much as a console every 2 years?

>No, you don't need to upgrade your rig to the latest hardware every year, regardless of what the merchant, paid shills and kids living from money someone else earned say.

this is correct

>Also, console are made for entertainment only. A desktop PC is an universal device, their capabilities are only limited by the knowledge of their users.

and for 99% of people it is word processing and web browsing a shitty chromebook would be enough for most plebs.

>>have to buy expensive mechanical keyboard, expensive mouse with perfect sensor, expensive graphics card, expensive headset, expensive cpu and expensive 144hz (soon: 240hz) monitor with g-sync to stay remotely competitive

>multiplayer shootan
nice meme

yes but we are talking about the average joe here.

All they do is read leddit and post selfies on facebook which a phone is more than capable of these days. They could get a cheap windows laptop or chromebook if they wanted.

Fuck off back to Cred Forums, where you can shill the Jews with your shit taste in games. Retard-nigger.

Ah the old "If you can;t get this at this price you must be 3rd world" maymay.

There's a difference between affordable, enthusiast, and normal if as a mathematical average.

Since we were talking about making a cheap PC I'm sure even a 1tb HDD would be more sensible than a 500gb SSD.

I want to play forza horizon 3, I don't own an xbox One, but I own a mid-range gaming PC from 2012. Now, my options are either to spend $400 on an xbox or $400 on a graphics card, both of which can play it at 1080p 30fps. Guess which one will be obsolete in 4 years?

>Guess which one will be obsolete in 4 years?
The Xbox when Scorpio gets released in 3?

You're looking at it the wrong way. Yes, just naïvely looking at price, consoles are cheaper.

But the thing is most people have computers and need them. Adding another $200 worth of equipment to that computer is going to make it surpass the xbone with ease.

>marginal graphical differences between a console and a high-end gaming rig
I'm not sure if you realize how much of a bias you are showing here. It's very clear that you've not spent much time, if any, around high-end computers. Because to say that the difference is "marginal" is a mischaracterization of epic proportion. Like saying there's a marginal difference in speed between a F-22 Raptor and a old volvo 240.

>Now, my options are either to spend $400 on an xbox or $400 on a graphics card, both of which can play it at 1080p 30fps

If all you want is 1080p 30fps with settings comparable to xbox, you could spend $150 on a graphics card and get that.

>1tb HDD would be more sensible than a 500gb SSD.
If you don't need the extra space, no, it would be retarded.

it's a meme here too though. $400 so-called "console killers" use used parts and underperforming PSUs

and the best part:
>can play any old console game
>can play the majority of current console games(via ports)
>if you plug in a controller(50$) + TV experience is literally the same as playing on console

meanwhile on console
>get a handfull of console exclusives
>want to play any of the million PC exclusives
>can't
kek

>implying xbone is on the same level as a GTX 1070

>paying $60 per game
>having to pay for online services
>wasting your money on a gimped PC that can only run games

Enjoy wasting your time hunting 2. hand gaymez

That's assuming it's a desktop computer. I think most people these days prefer laptops by far, and gaming laptops are very bulky, expensive, and have shit battery life.

If someone's planning on buying a desktop anyway, then yeah it would definitely make more sense to spend some extra money and use it for gaming too.

"Marginal" maybe wasn't the right word lol. My general point is that the average person would be more than happy with console graphics.

THIS. And no it's not cheaper. Spending 300 dollars every few years to upgrade a video card is similar to buying the next gen console at a similar time frame. It just has a higher initial cost to game on PC.

Games are getting mental and requiring massive installs with uncompressed audio.

Then there's my 44gb of Legend Of The Galactic Heroes, and other such stuff.

>Spending 300 dollars every few years
Vs
>spending $600 for 10 gaymez

>300 dollar video cards
try 120$ if you want to compete with current consoles
lol

Oh, but I can.
>i7-970
>RX 480
>16GB RAM
>1080p
62fps with NVHW off

I switched because of price. I got fed up of having to pay for Xbox gold, more for games and not being able to do anything on it.

Considering multiplayer and gave costs it works out quite a bit cheaper.

Considering the fact 95 percent of people buy a computer anyway it costs no where near the same

Games are cheaper or even free and you can play more games (old games, many console games).

But at the end of the day it's apples vs oranges comparison that belongs to Cred Forums.
Unless all you care about is playing the latest CoD or [insert shilled AAA game] you can't really compare the two. Too many differences.

Because you're paying $1000+ for a platform that doesn't have any good games.

>bad console ports
>shitty indie games that you don't even need an expensive computer for
>generic first person shooters
>boring MMO grindfests

End your fucking life

>62fps
>'maxed out'

lmao you don't own a 144hz monitor? fucking poorfag

>why would you build a pc with the intention of using it as a console though

Because it's cheaper in the long run than keeping up with the latest consoles.

And modern consoles are straight up PCs you would build or buy now with both the X1 and PS4 using x86 processors. Not to mention, I can do way more with my computer than a console.

>My monitor is 80hz.
Anything above that is more of the same for me.

There are far more exclusives on pc than console.

Its also worth remembering that a lot of console games run at 30 fps, which most people with a pc wouldn't class as running properly. I know i wouldn't buy a fps game if it ran at 30 fps on my PC.

>Consoles are just a pc with a crappy limited Jewish os installed

Makes you think

As opposed to consoles that you pay 300-500 bucks for so you can play Zelda, Smash Bros, Sly Cooper, or some generic JRPG? And then if you want to play the next game in the series, you have to buy another console so you can enjoy Zelda in HD?

Kek.

Console gaming is literally a tax on idiots.

PC's are cheap and useful if you aren't a gamerfag.

If you are an artist of some sort then the high end workstation costs about the same as your professional grade tools always have.

If you are going to waste your time gaming then you should do it on a console and fuck off to your neet containment board.

Gaming is a tax on idiots

FTFY

That's not how it works shitlord.

A console is a PC, but instead of installing a decent os like windows, they install their own shit so they can keep scamming you for shekels with nothing you can do about it.

They are the same apart from that and the fact you can customise pc.

Your post failed to prove that gaming isn't for idiots

>that you don't even need an expensive computer for
>not needing expensive hardware is a disadvantage somehow
alright, you convinced me

The point was that your $1000 was wasted if that's the majority of your library. Sorry that went over your head.

>And modern consoles are straight up PCs you would build or buy now with both the X1 and PS4 using x86 processors. Not to mention, I can do way more with my computer than a console.
it's not just the CPUs, the GPUs as well
PS4 and xbox literally use an AMD CPU with integrated graphics(they're great for integrated graphics, but still)

Not very good CAD.

lmao is this thread still going jesus christ

>why do people think pc gaming is expensive
>literally turned into a MUH PC MUH SSD shit throwing match

Who cares dude? Enjoy it all or enjoy what you enjoy and forget the rest there's a place for it all

Hello sir you have been registered as a hate offender for posting a hate symbol.

Why is this thread on Cred Forums and not on Cred Forums?

Because of devs like Ubisoft and many others making vidya that are incredibly inefficient
>muh deadlines
>fuck optimization, you all have i7/GTX 1080 rigs...right?
>dogshit programming
>muh hyper-realism
>minor visual enhancements that barely make a difference but eat system resources like a mf
>turn off these enhancements and it looks like shit

As if people don't go pay 150+$ on special aftermarket controllers that give them an objective advantage.

>even 720p looks good
>720p looks good
>720p
>good

I said "looks good enough" you illiterate idiot

If we're talking games on my 65" 4k tv from about 7-9 foot away 720p is good enough. It doesn't look bad just a bit blurry in some places not like JAGGIES city like a ps2 game or some shit would be at like 480p or whatever

If it's not good enough for you to enjoy a game on you have major autism because it really doesn't look bad.

Is a higher res better? Yes.
Is 720p fine (on a TV) if you're not some autistic idiot? Yes

You can do static design with integrated graphics just fine. You would need gpu if youre going to do fluid dynamics analysis or some shit in which case you need a couple workstation gpus anyway because results from your single gaming gpu wont be accurate enough.

Because consoles are cheap trash, but get excused since they appeal to a mass market and set the standard.
The horrible, horrible, very low standard.

>if you don't want to eat this turd with me, you're an autist

>i can't enjoy a game unless it's 4k on my 4k tv because i'm a literal autist

It looks fine. If it's not good enough for you to enjoy a game on you literally just have autism there's no argument. I'm not saying it looks perfect but it looks far from bad.

PS4, Wii U, and XBONE have games that will never be on PC though.

Because gaming is an expensive hobby no matter what platform you use.

Because it has an entry point price of 2-3 times that of a console.

But ends up cheaper thanks to free online and cheaper games.

People hate spending a large lump sum at once even if it pays off in the long term.

Wrong.

Just under $500 using a generic cheapo AMD build with an RX 480.

PS4 GPU is an underclocked 7970m based APU that's about 7850 tier.

Also 99% of PS4 games are 1080p. Xbone is the 900p console

It'll run you about $400 to make a PS4 tier PC

Because it used to be expensive relative to console gaming. Right now the only advantage that consoles have over pc is exclusive games but there are pc exclusives as well so it's a moot point.

Name one more demanding game within that time period. Protip: impossible.

It can't be 20-30s "in games like BF4" since there is no point in time where my computer which has only one HDD and no SSD or ramdisk takes more than 5 seconds to load.

No, virtually no PS4 games are 1080p. They're upscaled 900p at best, and usually 720p.
GTX 750ti are significantly stronger than a PS4 and go for $100 right now (i.e. not during sales periods such as black friday, cybermonday, or holidays).
You're full of shit.

WHY THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS THREAD ON Cred Forums
FUCK OFF BACK TO Cred Forums YOU STUPID RETARD THIS ISNT A FUCKING GAYMING BOARD

YOU
DONT
BELONG
HERE

>reee

You should Leave

Fuck off back Cred Forums you fucking cancerous piece of this. Any idiot can see this thread doesn't belong on this board.
Why have the mods forsaken us?

This. Reefags are probably the worst group to have ever appeared on Cred Forums and that's saying something given we had to endure chanology, the redditumblrgagappocalypse, the spam, and the tripfag avalanche.

And the worst group to ever appear on Cred Forums is fucking Cred Forumseddit spillover who aren't so fucking stupid they don't even know which board to post on.

you fucking idiots made me so mad I can't even type correctly

If you ever want to savor the sweet sweet convenience that is 3D printing, you would do that.
Not that designing simple 3D printables needs a skyscraper-rendering PC, but CAD programs are worth playing with

No, that's only the second worst group. The worst is consumer whores.

Not so sure about the xone

Also, it works the other way

375$ console killer or something like that on youtube google it

PC will eventually be able to emulate any console, not the other way around.

i hope this is bait

>ssd caching
What SSD caching technology do you use?

>console fags buys a $400 PS4 1TB and another controller for $50

>needs a computer on the side to do shit and spend $300 on a trash computer that can barely open 3 tasks at the same time

>PC masterrace bros buys an $800 computer that can do the same as both of the things above just better in every way

>$400 Probook 6360b
>8gb ram, i5 second gen, intel HD3000 graphics
>can run most games from 2014 and before pretty well

My computer is considered low end in the line of games and yet it can play several, plus browse the internet and run autocad, etc much better than any console

also sage since this isn't Cred Forums

This.
People assume like you don't need a fucking computer in the dirst place when they do cost analysis.

10 fps min settings 480p != "running a game"

Where did i say I got 10?

My average for a 2013 game is about 30-70 on default resolution

console fags just watch on youtube retards with 2k$ pcs and think they need that to play the games.
They dont understand a 400$ pc has better performance than a console.

>10p resolution
lol

PC Gaming is more expensive by a huge margin. I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007 for $250 and replaced it with an Xbox One in 2015 for $250.

Was whatever graphics card that cost $250 in 2007 able to still play the latest games in an acceptable manner in 2015? Doubt it. Think back. What card cost $250 in 2007?

Will a $250 960 from 2015 play the latest games in 2022? Doubt it.

Lol'd

The Xbox 360, released in 2005 played Black Ops 2, released in 2012 excellently. The 7900 GT couldn't.

Devs know PC losers spend lots more money on cards every 2-3 years, whereas consoles last 10.

My sides!

>excellently

If you downgrade the PC version to the same extent...

Yes. Let's just go and buy some really expensive software to use on the really expensive computer so we don't feel bad when we're playing our really expensive games. It's so cheap.