youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Lightroom
Really, nigga??!!

only reason i use arch instead of parabola is because my thinkpad t420 has a centrino ultimate-n 6300 which uses iwlwifi as its driver which is binary blob based...

What does Lightroom do?

Aren't those 2 made in java?

Vegas Pro 14
Photoshop CC
Illustrator CC
After Effects CC
Premiere Pro CC
3DS Max
foobar2000
Notepad++
nVidia Share
And some Video Gaymes.

>what is macopix

video games

The entire Adobe Suite TBQH

pic related + foobar2k

Photoshop and proper office

ableton has a twisted business model so i have to invest in this shit

foobar2k and Photoshop tbqhwu

>Notepad++

>no dx9
>no opengl
>no loonix support EVER
>no dx 10+ support in wine yet

being overbab is suffering

youtube.com/shared?ci=FCE11Eke-x4

Trivia: the lead singer of the band died

this

Photography diting software (Not quite like photoshop, more focused in batch editing and less in painting)

A good kernel.

>Adobe Suite
>Foobar
>Musicbee
>Ableton
>vidya goyms

There's probably a few more that I use that are Windows exclusive, so Linux never ever

This, those fucking packs

Also pic related

Ever heard darktable ? darktable.org/ is a poorfag version of lightroom

>FreeTard Kernels > NTKernel > Mach Kernel.
Just to be totally honest

explorer.exe all linux guis suck ass and are slow on my rusty athlon x2.

Skype.

I always find it weird when people say binary blob, blob literally means "Binary Large OBject"

just torrent it xD

yeah, and there's rawtherapee and a couple of others
the problem is just the same as with photoshop alternatives - they're all trash

nothing anymore. used to be photoshop but then I remembered that VirtualBox exists

>Adobe Photoshop, Light room, Premiere, etc
>DirectX / Drivers for vidya
>Windows Server (not by my choice, the retards at out school decided it would be a great idea)

Explorer.exe isn't the GUI.
DWM is.

Why is /g filled with /gd and /mu faggots?
is it just a meme?

Doesnt blizzard hate Linux or something?

svchost.exe

Most of the people in /gd/ and Cred Forums use technology beyond a basic level every day and are fairly familiar with it. I don't see the issue desu.

well TIL.

MAO on Linux is great thanks to Bitwig, but this VST miss me

Pretty much this

Matlab has a Linux version

see

I can get that /mu fags are familiar with thechnology, but not /gd fags, and if that's the case why there are not people from /sci or another STEM fields.
It's always the "muh adobe suite" here.

I use Logic Pro X. It's fantastic and the best DAW I've used by a long way.

Doesn't exist for Linux and probably never will because Apple.

Fucking normie-tier IM software. Skype and telegram especially. Because this choice depends on guy who i want to communicate with, not just me.

Ye but no
Usually have to implement Matlab research in a word-processed report medium
Labre office are trash with raw-data/numerical processing

Its is not free as in freedom.

I see where you're coming from, but even /gd/ fags know a decent amount, definitely more than any normies.

Also, they don't shit up this board by shilling AMD vs NVIDIA or iPhone vs Android like all the Cred Forumsermin do, so I'm fine with /gd/ fags.

>Why are there not people from /sci/ or other STEM fields
Because Cred Forums is the T in STEM, not the S, E, & M? Honestly I couldn't explain why there arent many people from other STEM fields here.

As far as people from /sci/, /sci/ is just kids asking for answers to their fucking math homework.

I pirated lightroom about five years ago with ease and it continues to update itself to the latest version with no problems.

I duct taped some alternative on gnu.linux, but not remotely as good. And will probably break with wayland.

I used to be in your situation, sucks ass man.
Now as far as talking to normie friends I have my phone with Skype and all that on it, but I was finally able to rid it from my computer once I established a decent client base for what I sell.

By that I mean my reputation got high enough that people were willing to install a real platform (Mumble, because that's the best) to buy from me.

>what is R
>what is Latex
>using Excel/LO for data processing
You can't make this shit up.

Is my job considered a program?

same

>notepad++
Oh boy.

There are at least ten alternatives that are just as good if not better, and that's just if you're talking about Windows. It's a simple text editor with syntax highlighting and some autocomplete. Those are dime-a-dozen, especially if you're using Linux, since people on Linux are more likely to need something for programming.

This is pasta but here are some suggestions if someone is interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/

There is a DMX controller for Linux (QLC+). I can confirm it worked with my rinky-dink ODE setup, but it looks like ass.

>that one program that's preventing you from going 100% freetard
Nothing's preventing me I just choose not to use shit

Because blob isn't only acronym.

>one
more like a constellation
all free GUIs suck, Aqua is better
all free image editors suck, Photoshop and Pixelmator are better
all free video editors suck too, After Effects and FCPX are miles ahead of kdenlive or what else freetards have
free document editors are not horrible, yet iWork is better

There's a BSD version of that.

Agree with your post, but I'd say FCPX is a lower tier than the other software you listed.
FCPX is probably closer to kdenlive than Premiere or After Effects is.

>Animación en Krita
fuck off miguel

still better, even though i just really like it. I think there is something to like in kdenlive too, even if i see on the screenshot that it doesn't look very good already -- the filters have no naming case for example
half of these are not free

u-u2

>half of these are not free
I never said they were, if freetard means according to op someone who would only use free as in freedom programs so there's no problem however if anyone is interested into programs that works on linux because they prefer linux then i think is a good reference.

Nothing that Photoshop doesn't do better. It's literally PS for photography hipsters.

well it's cheaper...

If you are at the point where your primary income is derived from LR/PS work then you should have the funds to buy the Adobe Suite.
If not, pirate it.

rawtherapee is literally better by miles

Doesn't make it free software.

SolidWorks
Photoshop
Illustrator
After Effects
Premier Pro
TitanFall

I just boot to a 2nd hdd with this on it, going to make a new machine with hyperthread passthrough instead soon

>What is Mathematica?
>What is mpd?

Matlab even has a linux version.

> Notepad++

This is "I just like Windows more" level of reasoning.

nope,Delphi

90% of Cred Forums has this one problem. Have OEMs gone to far?
[Yes] [No]

>I don't use Linux because X
>But X works on Linux
>Yeeeaah but I just like Windows more.
Ok.

Once you have some free time, check the tech support part of their forums.

Most of their customers are tech illiterates, who are expecting support and it's literally impossible to provide reliable support for these people, on gahnoo slash loonix where distro and library fragmentation is damn high. Of course, you can say "WoW will officially support only Ubuntu 16.04 x64" but it won't stop that edgy kid, maining an undead rogue, to install it on arch loonix because that's what reel h4x0rs use ecks dee. Then he will expect blizzard to support him and will cry if they try to dismiss him.

That being said, blizzard actively uses free software, they even have a github page to publish their modifications for shit like qt.

vvvv

Maybe you should stay on reddit instead of coming here.

>KDENLIVE
aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy
but seriously. I cant literally make a living without Premiere or FCPX.

Freedom OSs are just for hobbies

>Focuses on one program but refuses to find alternatives for others
This is why people hate the Linux community, you fucking idiots

Skype got a huge update but it's still in alpha. Sadly no screen sharing yet.

Geany

I don't know about those other two, but I was focusing on Notepad++ because it's fucking shit.
You have so many objectively better options even on Windows, and you choose Notepad++ ?
What the FUCK is wrong with you ?

I knew some fucking retard was going to say this. Imagine someone telling you to use MPC-HC or VLC as your music player. You can technically do it, but you're still a retard.

ubuntu is not some operating system of it's own accord somehow separate from the other distros. Anything that exists there, can technically be installed and configure in perfect working order on other distributions.
Steam is a perfect example.

Basically anything Autodesk

hahaha poor faggot.
Cinelerra and Blender mate.

Name some then you useless fuck.

>inb4 atom
>inb4 sublime

How come exactly?

Having a linux version != free

>Coho sales team
Cancer, the post.

Check out Skype for Linux

Not free.

Sublime and Atom. They are better. You don't have many other choices on Windows. Vim, emacs, gedit, geany are some other choices on Linux.

Blizzard should go the Valve way, support Ubuntu, and leave the responsibility for other distros support for the maintainers. It worked well for Steam.

Adobe InDesign

Scribus

Premiere, Photoshop (GIMP is garbage, don't fool yourself), 3DS Max, Substance Painter

>Vegas Pro 14
None off the top of my head, but I'm sure theres something
>Photoshop CC
GIMP
>Illustrator CC
Inkscape
>After Effects CC
>Premiere Pro CC
What do these programs even do? lmao
>3DS Max
Blender
>foobar2000
DeaDBeeF
>Notepad++
LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE
>nVidia Share
What the fuck even is this?
OBS
>And some Video Gaymes.

Linux is pretty weak on the vídeo editing part. You could try Lightworks.

>Blender

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy fuck, you're probably serious.

Using Blender in a professional environment is the fastest method to qualify for unemployment benefits.

>This proprietary software is keeping me on Windows
>But the Linux version of said proprietary software is proprietary so I can't use it

Both of these are better than Notepad++ you worthless waste of air.

autodesk shill

>I can't list anything actually wrong with Blender but here's (You)!

Thanks!

>Autodesk is the only company that makes proper, professional 3D tools

>shitty meme editors
LOL

You have to navigate a minefield of garbage third party, often abandoned plugins to achieve even a fraction of the base functionality of nearly any modern 3D software.

Blender requires jumping through hoops to even simulate the functionality of a Max/Maya CreaseSet, killing your productivity and slowing the fuck out of your projects.

Hows that OpenSubDiv working with Blender? Oh wait, it's a half baked piece of shit that can't play well with neighboring support verts that aren't welded to close a face, sure hope you like working backwards from the logical flow of model creation so you can avoid these issues.

What experience do you have in the field of 3D asset creation? The fact that you honestly think this shit isn't trash makes me question if you're even beyond "basement hobbyist" level.

take your pick

Plenty of small companies use blender.
The primary reason big companies don't want to change is because they fell for Autodesk' marketting and paid too much for a crapton of licenses. I'd wanna use them too if I had purchased a license 10 years ago for way too much money, but alas, I have not.

>You have to navigate a minefield of garbage third party, often abandoned plugins to achieve even a fraction of the base functionality of nearly any modern 3D software.
>Blender requires jumping through hoops to even simulate the functionality of a Max/Maya CreaseSet, killing your productivity and slowing the fuck out of your projects.
No you don't. Give me some examples.

>Premiere Pro
>What does it do?

>This is why people hate the Linux community, you fucking idiots
I get what you say but this is an sjw-tier tactic at best.

iwlwifi for me.

>darktable
i used it. every single one of my timelapses had terrible color flickering until i dropped this piece of crap and switched to lightroom.

well, i still use it sometimes because i have most of my photos on it. i'm not proud of it though.

>You have to navigate a minefield
>often abandoned
>fraction of the base functionality
>requires jumping through hoops
>killing your productivity and slowing the fuck out of your projects
>it's a half baked piece of shit
>backwards from the logical flow of model creation
>you honestly think this shit isn't trash
>if you're even beyond "basement hobbyist" level
You was asked to provide a reasoning on why blender is bad but you just provided exaggerated opinions and empty claims, if you explain calmly providing a reasoning maybe you can convince someone but at the moment you're just clearly angry that people is not agreeing with you.

>Provided 2 examples of why it hinders workflow over proper tools
>BUT THOSE DON'T COUNT, MUH FREEDUMZ

Yeah let's play $2000 for a program that does the same thing Blender cause some guy on the internet feels bad he paid for it

>BUT THOSE DON'T COUNT
I didn't said that, nice strawman attempt tho.

>MUH FREEDUMZ
What is the purpose of this? making me upset? for what purpose? you're hurting yourself man.

>library fragmentation
You can bundle those with the software and problem solved ask Timothee Besset if you don't believe. For games the usual problem is drm (performance issues) but thats nothing to do with compatibility of distros.

Not really a program but... how about in 2016, we get a RELIABLE method of installing some goddamn video drivers in Linux?

AMD can't even make up their mind what driver they want to use and you basically have to go look up a spreadsheet to figure out which of their THREE fucking drivers works on your particular card.

Nvidia works but power express is still a fucking pain so they have to have two different sets of drivers in every fucking repo, one for PXP/Optimus and one without. What's the point? Can't it autodetect? Isn't everyone running X11? Can't it inject its own config file without me manually having to "nvidia-xconfig"?

Good lord.

>that does the same thing Blender

No, those programs do it properly. Blender can't even handle quad chamfering on flipped faces for fuck sake. I understand that morons may not grasp this, but basic functionality matters when it's your job. The fact that Blender can't replicate the effect that a user plugin for Max 6 from 2004 (now a base feature) is not helping prove how good the software is.

Blender is shit meant to help children get into 3D Modelling, stop pushing this idea that it's vaiable anywhere outside of completely low level hobbyist work.

>one
more a couple related stuff
ableton and various vst/plugins

>install Arch
>install fglrx
>reboot
fuck...
>reboot
damn
>reboot
shit
>reboot
WHAT!?
>reboot
GODDAMNIT!
>reboot
THERE! FUCKING FINALLY!

>You was asked to provide a reasoning on why blender is bad

He gave you clear cut examples, you're just too busy being a freetard shill to accept it. Spam those greentexts more, it really helps your cause.

Not OP but why not?

> we get a RELIABLE method of installing some goddamn video drivers in Linux?
Depends on the distro, some like ubuntu provides official PPAs with updates.

>you basically have to go look up a spreadsheet to figure out which of their THREE fucking drivers works on your particular card.
Wrong, catalyst is clearly discontinued and if the distro makes available a proprietary driver will make it available though an user interface. The other one is the mesa driver but you don't need to install it.

>one for PXP/Optimus and one without
Pretty sure optimus and PXP are not even supported on linux, yes it sucks but it's not linux's fault, when a piece of hardware has a bug in the drivers on windows do you blame windows or the manufacturer.

>Nothing that Photoshop doesn't do better
How about editing photos? LOL.

>job
>implying I'm not learning blender only to make 10 second vaporwave-esque worlds and animations

I always report people who pirate photoshop to use it professionally to Adobe

Multisim
Ultiboard
Keil uVision
All the alternatives are shit.

>No, those programs do it properly.
Nice opinion.

>No, those programs do it properly.
Calling names to those who doesn't agree with you is not a great way to convincing people.

>Blender is shit meant to help children get into 3D Modelling, stop pushing this idea that it's vaiable anywhere outside of completely low level hobbyist work.
So some people can work with a different tool and that's make you upset? do you need to search for excuses for looking down on anyone that doesn't thinks like you?

Even if what you say were true that doesn't makes blender a bad tool or even a "shit" tool as you say, you're looking this only as a tribal thing where the other must be defeated? for what purpose exactly? just look at youtube, there's evidence that you claims are just opinions and that there's people doing incredible things with blender. Does that hurts this much?

It's Photoshop for photographers because those guys don't have 3 brain cells to make sense of things that are more complicated than pressing a button

see FGLRX was discontinued precisely because AMD was not doing a good job on it, they somehow were unable to keep it compatible with recent kernels and Xorg versions but this was AMD because Nvidia didn't had any problem, in fact they often even supports kernels that haven't even been released. Now AMD is taking a different approach and that problem will not exists anymore. Arch is bleeding edge and always provides the newer version of the kernel and xorg but due to the incapability of AMD to support newer version was removed from the official repos. Installing FGLRX on arch is not supported due to this.

In short two things:
1- What you say is true but FGLRX is not supported on arch, it's your own problem if you try to install a driver that is discouraged.
2- Due to this kind of problems FGLRX has been replaced by AMDGPU PRO which is open source on the kernel side and closed on the user space implementation of the OpenGL functionality, thus solving this problem.

Most photographers are also Photoshop ninjas. They use Lightroom because it's 10 times faster than Photoshop.

>He gave you clear cut examples
He provided some examples but his claims are far from being proved by those exaples even if they're true. He is clearly static that blender is "shit" and that "makes worse the workflow" among other bold claims, can you help him to prove his points?

>Spam those greentexts more, it really helps your cause.
Ahm, i quoted the parts i think cannot be considered as facts but exagerated opinions. Ok if you insist:
>you're just too busy being a freetard shill to accept it.
Do you really think calling me names helps your cause?

GNU Octave is 99% compatible with Matlab, and it's free (both types, being a GNU project and all

He thinks DarkTable or RawTherapee is just as good even though they are not.

Anyway, mine is basically all the good Autodesk software.

What retard uses Excel for that?

>general-purpose software is better than software that's specifically designed for the task you want to do

this is how retarded you sound

If you don't want to use a power editor or IDE just use gedit

*he clearly stated

>that input lag
No.

Being a freetard means not using proprietary software. You do know that free software or freetard doesn't refer to price, yes?

Fuse is pretty neat.

>Being a freetard means not using proprietary software. You do know that free software or freetard doesn't refer to price, yes?
Not him but in this board the insults can be very generic and even ambiguous depending on who uses them. I often see people in this board calling freetard to the people who prefers linux independently if they use only free software or not or to the people who sees the source being open independently on if that people would use proprietary software or not. O lot of people i know who uses linux thinks that the open source model has advantages and gives a lot of benefits to the user, that's why they prefer to look for open source alternatives when possible but they use proprietary programs at any moment they need it, being a simple matter of preferences. So it's good to make it clear, you're just referring to the people who would never use a non free program right?

sublime text 2

and probably some firmware

>It's Photoshop for photographers because those guys don't have 3 brain cells to make sense of things that are more complicated than pressing a button

Lightroom and Photoshop are complementary.

You use Lightroom to organize photos (rate, tag, cull, search, etc) and for raw processing (mainly global settings)

One huge advantage of Lightroom is being able to synchronize settings over multiple pictures.
So instead of setting the white balance of hundreds of pictures one-by-one you can apply the same WB to all pictures taken under similar lighting.

When needed you launch Photoshop from within Lightroom for the final editing, then use Lightroom again for distribution.

ZERO fucking input lag
gtfo with your shitty pc

it's just too good to go for some broken fork of a fork of a fork of a distro that was never intended for home computer usage in the first place

Nothing does what lightroom does better than it.

Valve want the end of windows
Blizzard want easy money.
Making a port for linux, or even mac, would cost them, and get them like nothing

>text-editor requires more than a potato
fucking hell buddy that is shit

nice bait. Sublime Text is exactly the same in Windows and OSX.

Being okay with bloat because your system can handle it is a very cancerous mindset.

why does notepad++ get so much hate?

There is nothing stopping you from running that on linux

it's popular

but posts you quoted are not really about hating np++, it's more about pointing out fact that linux offers gazillion good alternatives for it.

man i just invested ~3k to 4 computers and a phone.

>WORKSTATION
My Main computer used for work and work only has a ton of professional software for design, cad, engineering, etc-shit. Running Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

paid like 800 bucks for i7, 32gb ram, etc, etc.

>GAYMES
Don't really play games but i fucking love hotline miami. stalker, crysis, fallout, etc, etc, blah, blah

paid like 900 bucks for

>FILESERVER
dedicated xenon-based with redundancy+nas

have single backups of my entire life = to 234 TB or some shite like that everthing in my life is on this rack

paid only 1500 to my boss and he hooked me up

>COMFYMAIN
my main comfy thinkpad which i run debian on i love this thing
paid 900 for

>PHONE
shitty chink iphone looking thing that rapes most phones on the market
paid only 200 bucks for

>that one program
>one
What about all the non-free drivers and firmware you need to be able to use your hardware?

The notepad plus plus dev is an intolerant muslim who sends money to ISIS.

>he's using nonfree hardware

See

source besides dubs?

Because it's the Gedit of Windows.

>GIMP replacing Photoshop CC
Not even sure if you're serious.

Capture pro 9

>Sublime
>Good

I went to download it and it got reported as a virus. So fuck Sublime.

Lightroom is on Android

Every Visual Novel

foobar works fin in Linux

>GIMP and Blender

Blender
Krita
Inkscape
mpd
vim

>Blizzard should go the Valve way,
The way of advertising support for Linux but not actually delivering?

Holy shit, Microsoft keeps getting worse and worse

I've been out of the loop for so long that I didn't even know it was this bad yet
RIP normies

He's angry because he's jealous. People don't want to admit it but jealousy is literally the #1 cause of getting defensive on the internet.

He wants to use free software and stop getting fucked up the ass by autodesk, but he can't; so he has to self-rationalize it away to make himself feel better about the ordeal

then what is wrong with gedit?

Nope. Humorous back formation. That acronym is used in database management though.

Pretty much just games.

I really miss Illustrator but I'm neet and can't afford another macbook to replace my dead one so I'm stuck with Inkscape on gallium os.

>WINE
lmao pathetic

Because sublime text ftw

None off the top of my head, but I'm sure theres something
>I c-can't think of something, b-but i'm sure there is something, you believe me, r-right user ?

What do these programs even do? lmao
>I don't know what those well known program do, yet it must be useless

>>And some Video Gaymes.
>>You can't like what I don't like

so it´s just fanboys being butthurt that someone doesn´t use their favorite text editor?
god thats truly pathetic

something that just works

> pic related
Matlab supports Linux for years.

> foobar2k
why the fuck you care about a audio player that much? you don't have real work to do?

>visual studio
literally the only thing that makes me reboot my daily.

My mothers antivirus trued to delete system32, why would you listen to antivirus

I switched from Win 10 to elementary OS 0.4 recently. I got Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom CS6 installed using playonlinux. The performance is nearly identical and there are no bugs, glitches or random crashed as far as I can tell.

btw, elementary is the most comfy os ever.

>using poor man's Mac OS
lmaoing @ ur life

>deadbeef
>as good as foobar2000
SACD DVD-A playback when

To be fair solidworks and Catia are on par with Autodesk.
It mostly comes down to the firm you work for.

I've specifically tried to use sublime and atom as replacements to np++ and they suck beyond all comprehension. Electron sucks so bad I'm amazed people use it. Honestly the windows distributions of vim and emacs are scores better. Though, if I thought that I had to get a phd in textology just to use my text editor I would use one of them. Hell even the bizarre windows port of acme is better. I use np++ tho itts comfy.

>notepad_chameleon__rare_pepe.png

Ganoo Linux itself. it sucks.

Amy's closed driver.
Doesn't support my cars on Ubuntu 16.04 release and I need it to use my 1440 monitor

Taking pictures and using lightroom gets me a lot of pussy. I love being a hacker.

Windows 7
Your Uninstaller
and Sony Vegas. Wanted switch to shotcut but it was utter piece of shit

if I remember, its a module in linux kernel

solidworks and catia have nothing to do with 3ds and blender you dumbfuck.
if you think anybody will take you seriously in a studio setting if you use blender you are a dumfuck.
if you think gimp is even barely comparable to ps you are even dumber.

this is why nobody takes freetards seriously. you are just a bunch of unemployed losers taking on some kind of faux slacktivist cause- same shit sjws, poltards, mra's do. bullshit, easy ideals you embrace to feel like you're doing something in your pathetic empty neet lives,

>freeturds ask "why is this software better than my freetard trash"
>get long list of reasons including examples
>"waawaaa these are not valid u just buthurt n jelus u had to pay for something i got for free waaaa"

Freetards, ladies and gents.
Also you can get autokek software for free with a student licence you niggers.

For me it was more along the lines of
>install arch
>install Xorg
>install nvidia drivers
there

googled that vst because it looked really cool on the pic, and holy shit it's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a software synth
thanks user

> user friendly interface

and?

>not using Octave or D
Are you even trying user?

My desktop is cleaner and more stable then yours.

>not realizing Blender is a 3d suite and composite clip editor suite all in one
Blender is starting to outpace proprietary software

Skyrim
MH Online

i like my os being a toy with additional feature money making

/thread

>I actually play it with wine

FruityLoops

GIMP is fucking retarded you nigger, I installed linux, actually enjoyed it for a day, then decided to do some photo editing, booted into windows to do so, never went back since that day, thats how much photoshop holds me off linux

Adobe Suite (mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote, vmware. Many more, but those are the main ones.

what do you use it for?

traktor same

>Aqua
>iWork
10/10 mate

I broadcast I have subs. I cannot use any other software (although I can broadcast elsewhere since it uses Shoutcast but I like it where I am).

Aqua really is great though

and probably there will never be a good alternative

Have you tried mixxx?

top kek

AutoCAD is an entry-level CAD software. It is either that you are forced to use it for work or too bored to learn a new tool as most FOSS CADs are at least equal to it.

iWork > MS office

I'm part of the VDJ community and hangout in the chat whilst I broadcast etc. So it's a community thing as well as a subs thing. I don't give a shit about anything else. Serato sucks donkey balls btw. Traktor is a pain too. VDJ is fucking easy to use and sensible folder layout etc. It just works.

>Notepad++
This is based upon Scintilla, the text editing component of SciTE which is 90% similar to NP++.
Nevertheless NP++ is under GPL and runs on Wine. So it shouldn't even be there.
>foobar2000
I'm using Audacious that looks a bit like f2k, but others say DeaDBeeF is a carbon copy.

>Mach kernel
Linux was ver. 1.1 when it was last updated. Back then Linux was a joke and NT not existent. Besides the fact that it was mainly a research project.

I think he's one of the tards that think OS X's kernel is Mach

BSplayer, can you guys recommend an alternative that also downloads subs automatically?

Dammnit, are those guys answering "use X for Linux" idiots? X is still proprietary whether it is on Windows or Linux or on your ass. You fucking retards go read what 100% free means before posting.

Their games are supported on Linux, and they actually pushed a digital distribution platform.

if autocad is entry level..?
what is hardcore-level?

duh. He said go full freetard. which means only using free (as in freedom) software, baka

That is what I though as well. But saying that XNU kernel is bad is even more stupid as not only it is based on Mach--which proved a experiment--most of the code comes from FreeBSD. One of macOS/iOS good things isn't even made by Apple. Go figure.

Steam. basically all my video games D:

Depends on what you're doing. For 3d CAD in engineering standards now are Pro/E (now CREO), Solidworks and CATIA, For 2d CAD it is possible that AutoCAD is still the best.

Windows is nice and comfy.

>twisted business model
What do you mean?

>Work
>i7
lol

>foobar2000
>Notepad++
kek

topkek

How did you not know about Serum?
Ever since it came out everyone keeps talking about how it's the greatest thing since sliced samples.
And they're right too.

>>that one program that's preventing you from going 100% freetard
systemd prevents me from using most Linux distros and the cancer's forcing itself into the kernel now

>tfw nobody posts Unity.
I know there's a Linux version, but it's still experimental.
I've not made any money with it (yet) but I just love making games.

>1 hour uptime
>half a gig of ram used at idle
>rainmeter tier conky
baka famicom

The only reason i have a Windows VM in my main rig (running FreeBSD) is -- iTunes.

I keep a Windows VM on my FreeBSD machine in order to run Apple software (which is based on/contains software from... FreeBSD).

And i don't even own an iDevice.

This party hat shit is annoying.

Quit shitposting

Thinkpad T400 here. I'm Librebooted. It's not really the manufacturers of the laptops and stuff, it's fucking Intel and their IntelME shit. There's really not a way around it. Not sure what to do at this point. Core 2 Duo is fucking slow.

broadcom-wl