Is it possible to learn Python basics in 2 days? I have whole weekend to myself

Is it possible to learn Python basics in 2 days? I have whole weekend to myself.

Any material suggestions ? Would Derek Banas Python vids be good enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

try-python.appspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> trying to learn a programming language in two days...
> not being a codemonkey

Pick one...

Depends on your skill
If you already know coding, you can learn Python in 2 hours
If you're completely new, pic related

python is hecka easy if you aren't a retard

Ez if you already know a real language like C++/C, hell even Java should give you a good starting point.

Technically yes. But you won't be able to do jack shit in it. Even without the OOP shit, really complex programs can be written by using only control statements, basic operands and primitive types.

It's like lessening learning English to learning the Latin alphabet. Sure, you would know to search in a dictionary (what to google on stack overfail) but you won't be able to do anything except the very basics.

All in all, it depends what you need it for. It you wanna glue some shit in a script and forget about it, sure, 2 days is ok. If you wanna learn it in order to use (at least) semi-regularly, 2 days will be enough to understands maybe all the shit you can make strings do, try more like 2 years.

If you're coming from another language, the lambdas are shit, OOP is unnecessarily verbose and concurrency is meh, but it gets the job done. 2 days should be enough for the basics and syntax, and a few weeks learning the "pythonic way" of doing crap.

This. Python is nothing its programming you need to learn.

No matter what type of knowledge you possess, you can't learn an entire language in 2 hours, not even a month. You don't learn the language, you learn the syntax.

Most of the video tutorials I have are about 5 to 12 hours minimum for basics.

>No matter what type of knowledge you possess, you can't learn an entire language in 2 hours, not even a month.
You must have never had any knowledge then, dumb tripfag, it's perfectly possible to learn a language in a couple of hours.

this,

As long as you have an internet connection it's possible to program in any high level language with minimal knowledge about the language

Not OP.
As an experienced library engineer for C, learning a language even if you're retarded to think like yourself still takes more then 2 hours. Hell I went into python knowing the full back-end integration for C and it still took me 3 months to work with python in production. Even then the python docs teaches me something new every now and then.

So, perhaps stop thinking you're the only dumb cunt. I do not need to help stupid shit being spewed at people who are being smarter then yourself.

yep you're retarded

I learned enough python to fix broken code in about three hours. Make of that what you want

So you wish to be completely useless?

When the fuck did programming become the person with Internet access.

>Talk about a generation of complete garbage.

Fuck off and use your brain + python documentation via pythons own download.

I think what he meant was that you can't *master* the language to the level of senior developer in couple of hours.
And he used the wrong word *learn* by which we usually mean be able to code practically anything in this new language, which if you have experience with other languages is completely possible in couple of hours.

>memorizing useless shit that you can find in 30 seconds on google
kys senpai

You fixed a couple of bugs and that makes you think you know a language?

Dude what? Maybe the language you should be learning is English.

So sorry about that.

I will try and make it simple for you.
Your 2 hour crash course is fucking pleb quality.

Next time try and act like a Linux cunt rather then an American.

help(fuckoff.cunt)

>mad that you're a dumbass

The fact that you wrote a couple shitty libraries doesn't change that

You must be over 18 to post here, go away.

Sorry?

Open python's offline documentation and type in the function you need. If you run into errors then perhaps it is your brains job to break down problems.

That is what defines you being useful in programming. Solving problems by not being a complete retard.

But then again the IQ found on Cred Forums does define what type of quality humans exist on this planet.

Shitty libraries?
See, if you judge quality based on seeing not a single fucking line of code then wow.

Look I know ok.
I know that it must had caused great deal of stress to you when your professor said you needed to download Python on your Windows machine. It seem most CS dropouts really speak a lot of shit here. Seeing how you judge my libraries without seeing a single shred of code. Wow mate.

Pleb quality.

Define over 18?
Don't speak to your elders that way you stupid American.

Fuck off to the quality education you guys spew onto this site.

>downloading basic documentation when you have a world of documentation and examples within a quick search

Yeah, and I'm the retard

It's time to stop posting.

I'm judging your coding ability from your apparent retardation.

There's no chance that you've ever written a quality piece of code in your life.

At what stage do you think there is better documentation then what Python offers?
>If you cannot search Python docs then what good are you.

Unless you're making software to integrate with other languages then Python is currently the best source.
>But then we have you retards complain about how it is not teaching you to spew useless code out fast enough.

Well then fuck off.

Try using the offline document to teach yourself how to make multiple function calls.
I found better documentation then what google could. Even google showed python docs.

Argue all you want, Python generates the most accurate documentation and retarded people recycle the same shit for simpletons to read in practical senses.

Nah, I don't make these bots for nothing.

>%concat English words found using pleb definitions&@/w

>apparent retardation
Hmm Interesting. Retarded or not I still earn a living by producing production code.

Funny how English is not what HS had fucked your throat telling you.

>le pretend to know anything about programming face

fuck off pajeet and learn english

Whatever safeguard decides before a cabinet!
A fuss fails an office.

Who you calling a retard.
You're posting on a Cred Forums thread asking about Python books which lacks the concept of 2 day crash courses are a fucking concept alone.

Very easy to justify the IQ in this thread alone.

What the fuck are you guys even arguing about any more Jesus fucking Christ

There's this 1 guy that is literally retarded, probably underage, making a lot of incomprehensible posts. Either that or a troll.

Nothing new, really

You know I got the same response when asking a few "Programmers" on this site about binary index methods.

I think it is funny how many people can do loops but no one can explain problem solving theory at all.

As I said before, you become a useless programmer simply by doing nothing complex. It is one reason why the quick language crams are almost designed to fuck you over. You cunts are actually saying you can learn a language in 2 hours.

Humans always misjudge time management little lone learning an entire data structure.

Well it is easy to waste a few hours by misspelling shit. I find enjoyment from spamming posts out until these babies hit 100.

Some say I have to much time. Others say I am high as fuck.

When using English in your sentences it is one not 1. One person is not a integer statement. Fuck off and stop spamming.

You do not need to know cunt.

Fuck off and learn a real language.

It's absolutely possible to learn Python BASICS in 2 days, at least if you know programming.

If you really want to use Python in production, you'll need at least some weeks.

It's like spanish, you can learn some basic converstaion in a few days, but does this make you native speaker?

If you don't know any programming you'll need some month to learn the basics of programming.

DON'T start learning programming with python. It's oversimplified to the point at which you can't carry over some concepts to the actual languages.

Of course not, I'm not retarded. But if OP already knows a few programming languages he could get a grasp of python on a weekend.
In my experience it takes a few months of daily use/practice to "know" a language.

More like 10 minutes
try-python.appspot.com/