#justmacosthings

>Phone charging upstairs
>Want to go downstairs and sit on the sofa and use my laptop
>Don't have to bring the phone because everything including calls is received on the MacBook

#justmacosthings

>Need to reboot my PC
>All windows are restored to the state they were in before the reboot with no issues when I log in again

#justmacosthings

>If a girl sees than I'm using macOS, it's highly likely that she will be more interested in me

#justmacosthings

posting in epic thread

    

Boot up Mac and iTunes open every time even though I never opened that pos software
Plug in iPhone, automatically opens iphoto even though I don't want this.
Want to access network storage, need to know full path and add smb: to the beginning, because why not.
Able to add ftp to finder, and access it. Wanna change or add files? No need a special app for it.
#justmacosthings

>what is rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app
>what is disabling iphoto
>what is cli

What is
>this is just the Mac I have to use at work and I don't have admin permissions

>Boot up Mac and iTunes open every time even though I never opened that pos software

Doesn't happen

>Plug in iPhone, automatically opens iphoto even though I don't want this.

User error

>Want to access network storage, need to know full path and add smb: to the beginning, because why not.

Not an argument.

>Have a Chromebook Pixel
>Friends think it's the coolest thing in the world
>Calls and texts come in through Hangouts
>Talk to my laptop
>Monthly upgrades

Uhuh.

>>Talk to my laptop

I'm not a Mac expert, but every time I start that thing, it opens two windows I didn't ask it to open. I looked for 5 minutes how to disable these things, didn't find anything and couldn't be arsed to waste more time looking for a solution. It was just not user friendly enough to do these things. In Windows it will ask you what you want to do when you plug in this device (open photos, open the Explorer or do nothing)
On Windows that network storage is just there in the Explorer, no need to know the path, no need to know whatever smb is JUST WERKS
so yes that is a valid criticism

well i'm sure you can at least disable that in autostart settings

As I said, i tried for a few minutes and I'm not exactly a retard (I hope)
Even if you can disable it (I'm sure you can) it's not "simple", "user friendly" and "just works". It's overcomplicated to do anything Apple didn't consider ideal for their users. I'm not saying the approach to ask the user about everything and anything is any better, but i find windows to hit the mark better than Apple

that's it? what kind of faggot even likes girls

>Not giving your laptops complements before turning it off to make your machine feel special.
>Looks like you don't give a shit about the well being of your devices user.

>get up from sofa and away from laptop
>get something from the kitchen, friend rings
>answer it from my Watch
>sort out booking for dinner tonight at the same time
feels good

Best MacOS in the thread, PowerPC for life

>need to know full path and add smb: to the beginning
I just open Finder and click on one of my servers under "network" in the sidebar. One of my Windows machines also shows up there even though I haven't configured it to - so it's not like you have to do anything special.

>having friends
Geht of my 4chins, poser

Yeah i tried that, didn't work.
It showed the folder containing my folder, but not my folder itself.

User error.

This. Tiger is ok too.
>tfw the airport card in my TiBook doesnt play nice with my wifi in OS9 but does on Tiger

QUACK 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

And that's why you macfags are so hated
Fuck you

I dont see emojis user. Just squares.

Your shitpost wasnt good tier either.

>In Windows it will ask you what you want to do when you plug in this device (open photos, open the Explorer or do nothing)

More like: You plug in a device, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't recognize it so you unplug then plug back in, oh it recognizes it now, but failed to install a driver for some reason (why was it installing a driver, I've used this device on this PC before, what's new?). Oh, because it couldn't install the driver for this device, I can't access the data on it, despite explorer seeing it and identifying it correctly. Ok, unplug, plug back in. Does nothing. Try another port. Oh, this port is USB 2.0 because the PC manf is cheap and only has 2 USB3.0 ports. Put it back in the USB3.0 port. Got an error about the files being incorrect or something equally as ambiguous and it should "scan and fix". Run scan and fix, it tries to install driver again, oh wait the driver failed. But what driver?

Plug into Mac. Open up Finder. There it is.

You're and idiot dude

What's displayed in the sidebar are servers, not folders. The "network" folder in Windows Explorer works exactly the same way. It doesn't care if you're only sharing one folder, because it's designed to allow for more than one.

>fdesetup authrestart
This thing allows you to reboot a computer even if you do not know FDE passphrase. It is nice feature for remote admin, but the most interesting thing here is that it allows you to encrypt your computer with a passphrase known only by a trusted third party and not you.

>Want to access network storage, need to know full path and add smb: to the beginning, because why not.

You don't need to enter "smb://" anymore; the Finder defaults to SMB for network shares. Just start with the domain name or IP address.

Also, learn what a URL is. Just because something isn't done in a way identical to Windows doesn't make it bad.

Dude I navigated with the terminal to the superfolder in the network and it didn't contain my folder. We have Linux and Windows machines and on both of these it works flawlessly. Only Mac OS needs to be special (and shit)

I know what an URL is and I even knew the path, it's just utterly bad user experience

>If a girl sees than I'm using macOS, it's highly likely that she will be more interested in me
You mean vegan New Age hipster cunts who "are seeing" Chad?

0/10 effort

Detecting a lot of inner rage towards women here

>Plug into Mac. Open up Finder. There it is.
>he lets his usb devices auto-mount
Off yourself please

It's not anybody's fault but yours if your computer is an outdated piece of shit that doesn't support Unicode 9.0

Jelly af tbqfhfam

I wish I was rich enough to afford comfy Apple products.

Reset the admin password, it takes like 2 seconds.

You being a pleb is not valid criticism.

KDE does all of this and makes you look less like a homosexual

if I didn't have a MacBook I'd have a pixel, the thing is beautiful

>Have Dropbox, and oDrive running.
>Finder extension for Dropbox stops working, requiring me to restart extension every single time.
>No native window snapping.

>Have a dildo in the ass and a mini skirt showing the dick
Just Mac users things

Mac user since the 1980s here, you Windows faggots will always be second class citizens and your OS's maker is a bunch of Pajeets.

buy a used model a couple years old for like $200

My life doesn't revolve around technology. Also you make it look like fucking commercial, you shill.

>have 4 apple devices because I'm not poorfag
>receive a call, probably from a girl who saw me using justmacos
>all 4 start blaring in different rooms of the house
>answer call on one, others continue ringing
>try to engage in conversation but other devices still ringing
>pick up other device and decline call
>ends call on original device

#justmacosthings

>Phone charging upstairs
>Want to go downstairs and sit on the sofa and use my laptop
>Don't have to bring the phone because everything including calls is received on the MacBook
My Blackberry has done this for years, my old nokia brick phone could do this over BT too.

>Need to reboot my PC
>All windows are restored to the state they were in before the reboot with no issues when I log in again

my laptop is a 4 or 5 year old dell, it came with ubuntu, and it asks at each reboot or shutdown if you want to save the usage state.

I dunno, i was involved in a gangbang back when I used a mac. I have not been a part of one since. Maybe this is true?

Post tits

#justmacosthings

How's the nose bleed?

Haha you got me there m'lady xD

*tips gold*

>Head to the gay club for some gay sex
>2 weeks later
>Diagnosed with aids

#justmacosthings

bring me a beer, bitch.

Can't.
Too frail and weak on account of the severe aids.
#justmacosthings

>MacBook
>i386
>"Mac OS"
epic

>PowerFag
ebin

#justmacosthings

I will say the fact that one time i left my iPhone at a friends and only released when i got home and realised i could send him a text to look for it through my computer was pretty neato but shit are these things overpriced for instance how much ram tier costs are on the apple website it stupid. But enough with the shit posting OP

>elementary_desktop_AMD_drivertest.jpg

>Mac
Try again

>Plug in iPhone, automatically opens iphoto even though I don't want this.

This is a stupid default setting that is an easy fix, but in a location nobody looks at any more.

Open the Image Capture application in your Applications folder. Select your iPhone, and change the drop down menu in the corner to 'No application' to prevent it auto-launching anything.

>this bad with computers

Eating shit from my hands
#justmacosthings

>have an HP Chromebook 11 (G1) from like four years ago
>it's still being updated
>updates are way more seamless and easy than pretty much any other OS out there
>somehow running faster than it was when I first bought it
>battery somehow lasting longer than it did when I first bought it
>literally gets better with age
It's actually perfect. I wasn't expecting much, but for a "shitty" ~$300 laptop this thing really has some fight left in it

Serious post how do I work MacOs?

I got a cheap refurbished laptop and while the machine itself is fucking spotless and has the best keyboard I have ever used on a laptop I have no idea what the fuck is happening.

Everything is .dmg or .sit or if its a game .dsk and then shit runs and unpacks it for you sometimes (not always) and then it says "not compatible with this version of MacOs" and gives you that stupid two men kissing smile like :^) like a fuckin asshole.

I thought this was the plebs OS.

OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS IM TARGET NOW where are the squares...

I refreshed and now I have squares but all I can do is draw these fuckin triangles.

I get tumblr logos.

>botnet the laptop + memeos

Sure if you want literally everything you do on your computer logged somewhere at google, go right ahead.

Everything involving technology also involves botnet. If want a botnet-free life, you should basically go Amish.

is that tiger? what is this, 2005?

>reset the admin password without the admin password

>Open laptop
>freezes for thirty seconds before i can type my password

#justmacthings

>open laptop
>doesn't wake
>close laptop
>wakes
>open laptop
>sleeps

#justmacthings

>reboot PC
>wait a few minutes for OS X to restore my windows, find that some of them aren't actually truly restored because they're not completely native applications

#justmacthings

>need to command+option click through settings to change the display orientation for ideal anime tiddy viewing

#justmacthings

>if a girl sees that i'm using a mac she doesn't fucking care

#justmacthings

>OS X IS SUPER USER FRIENDLY
>JUST RUN THESE ARCANE COMMANDS
>JUST DIG INTO THIS ARCANE SERIES OF SETTINGS PANELS

#justmacthings

How do I maximize a window in OSX without fullscreening it?

I want it to cover the entire screen except the top bar and the launcher.

>#justmacthings

you can't :^)

>windows user
>using a mac for some reason
>can't figure something out
>rather than google it i complain on Cred Forums instead

option+click will get you the closest, but a lot of programs determine an "ideal" size instead of just getting bigger

>so intuitive

As mac users with buyers remorse say, think different. Or in other words, stop wanting basic features and settle for the crap you have.

>you didn't need to stare at the menu bar all day anyways :^)

Mac OS used to be all those things and more. Nowadays it's just bloated snob shit.

I honestly believe there are apple users that legitimately don't know that Google voice receives your calls/texts on PC since 2008

I honestly believe it

I used to have a TiBook. Best laptop ever. Where did it all go so fuckin wrong?

>open up finder

Confirmed to not even own a mac.

You can't really hate objects.

PPC was released towards the end of MacOS lifetime. 680X0 MacOS was where it was at.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic. Apple customers can't really afford wasting 2000 dollars on $800 hardware. They do it anywhere because they're desperate posers.

The best part is you actually thought he was calling you "rich" lol

>open up VLC to play video file
>crashes
>open again, asks me if I want to resume where I left of. Whatever. Start watching.
>seconds into the it Finder informs me of the crash. Very useful
>click ignore
>crashes again
>open up ubuntu laptop, double click file, watch it effortlessly

#justmacosthings

Pathetic

so what? bitch to your fucking IT admin then. don't blame macOS because you're a fucking cuck that can't be trusted to run an admin account on your own work computer

I feel like OSX has literally reversed roles with Linux and soon Windows as well...

That pretentious background really makes the picture.

>using VLC when mpv exists

you can turn these options off you fucking retard.
that shit's a fucking ripoff.
sounds like you're retarded and can't figure shit out.
get out, homo.
fuck you too faggot.
that's cuz you don't have emojis, fag.
nice typo, retard.
yet you're still the biggest faget here.
werks on my machine faget. get better gear.
yet you post on this board.
the features are better polished on macos though and don't require autism.
muh autistic features
projection
nice strawman image faget
literally bragging how poor he is
buy new instead of refurbished, tard.
literally anecdotal shit and autistic features
literally bragging how little he knows about basic tech

double click the top bar of the window in MacOS Sierra to extend vertically, side for horizontally, or corner for both. Or use Better Touch Tool. Retard.

It's actually pretty cool that this is included by default.

>Need to reboot my PC
I'm pretty happy that you used this in the traditional sense of "personal computer" instead of the slightly bizarre sense of "IBM-compatible personal computer"

did you really just take the time to write everyone a personalized "go fuck yourself" response?

>yet you're still the biggest faget here.
Wow. You are flamboyantly underage.

go
fuck
yourself

Shut your laptop. Go outside. Do something productive. You've been here too long.

whether it's pills, knives, helium, bridges, guns or a rope, just get it done somehow, user.

These aren't even legitimate arguments.

>open up VLC
stopped reading there

> meme arrows
stopped reading there

settings > users > startup applications
click itunes then click the - at the bottom.

you can turn off automatically opening iphoto on the screen that pops up when you connect it. It's not even in a menu or something, just right there.

you don't need to know the full path, just enter the ip and it will present you with the different shares.
or if you click on the computer on the side bar of finder it works exactly like how it does on linux or windows

ftp thing is retarded though. Not even sure why they didn't just bake the gimped client into safari (like on FF) instead of taking you to finder where you'd expect it to be a full ftp client.
Filezilla works great though.
>completely deleting itunes instead of just disabling it from launching at startup
that's some grade A autism right there.

>have a cheap lg g4
>install cortana apk on it
>set up mirroring notifications on my shitty 7 years old laptop with w10 on it
>see and answer all of the notifications from the phone
>do the same things of a last macfag pro + ifag 7
>save something like 1500 dollars

>mfw all of you are retards

>be in the club
>a hand feels up my iPhone bulge
>we go back to my place
>ask if we could FaceTime while we do it
>He blows a load in my ass
>He airdrops the file onto my iPhone
>Watch the video of my getting dicked
>Share to Facebook

#justmacosthings

this is also changeable from Photos nowadays.

I used hackintosh for a while. But I felt fairly limited.

For one, of course I couldn't enjoy games but that was the least of my troubles.

Problem is, Chrome/Firefox be slower, so I'd have to use Safari for a "decent" experience. Music wise I wouldn't have Foobar, I guess Cog would do for my unorganized music but that shit would hang with big lists.

Keyboard shortcuts were a bit of a pain with a normal keyboard. On adobe tools those change as well.

Couldn't get used to have to use some commercial solution for NTFS because the official method sucks dick.

Same with blocking connections.

Honestly the only thing I liked was the looks and that, while not being Windows, it was still handling some "non light" desktop environment without trouble. I shit you not, gnome and kde work terrible on my machine.

>games
There's a shitton on steam and wine runs most fairly well
>chrome
Found your fucking problem. Seriously tho that's a load of horseshit. I use opera which is basically a chrome skin without any problems on a 10.11 T420
>music
Yeah that sucks dick more than Tim Cuck. I tried to like itunes to no avail, using Cog atm but it's nothing to write home about either
>kboard shortcuts
Are you retarded? It can't take more than a week to get used to using cmd instead of ctrl. And if you are talking about layout just swap the win and alt keys and remap them in settings
>NTFS
Another one that's actually true, though I personally don't have much problem with the 'official' way. And since I need to use a wangblows vm anyway I just use that most of the time.
>blocking connections
not sure what you mean here, but editing /etc/hosts works bretty well
>de
Yeah it is quite pretty and runs suprisingly well on hackintoshes. I was quite surprised too, even though my T420 handles gnome, kde and even Unity just fine.
>inb4 ishill
fuck off, I'm using hackintoshed T420 in college and providing anecdotal 'evidence' that it werks

You cometely missed my point and proves another.
Sure I could have Googled the problem, used the first fix and be done. But instead I tried without resorting to that and test the claim Apple and their fans keep making, that the OS is easy to use and just works. Googling for every tiny problem automatically fails these claims imo. And I couldn't do it easily. It wasn't easy enough to use to do it without having to resort to the Internet and be faced with people like you, who are so self absorbed and blind to call everyone pointing out how not-so-easy-to-use macos is a pleb, idiot, stupid etc.
Windows or Linux fans don't claim that their OSs are simple or just work. They acknowledge that some problems exist, while for the cast majority of the time, their systems work flawlessly. Only Apple people claim such bold statements while often enough having the worst solution for given problems. Pointing this out means being insulted. That's why you are being despised.

>if you click on the computer on the side bar of finder it works exactly like how it does on linux or windows
No it fucking doesn't. I could sit down at any of the companies Windows or Linux machines, log in with my credentials and have direct access to my personal folder.
The only system this doesn't just work is Apple, I've tried with the terminal and finder. Only a colleague of mine who is quite fond of Apple could help me and show me on his Mac (which - I shit you not - crashed once and froze 5 times while doing so). He told me to type smb in there, so I figured I had to do so.
Doesn't even matter, the user experience was already much worse than on any other OS

Don't even try to use a Chromebook as some sort of argument against a MAC or PC. That's just got to be the most retardifaggiest thing one could ever post.

>chromebook pixel
>$1300
>64gb ssd
>64gb ssd
>64gb ssd

A whole lotta money just to browse the internet.

>A whole lotta money just to browse the internet
That's a mac for you

>girl in my class says she needs to call tech support because her hard drive is too full

#justmacosthings

You're maximizing it wrong

I work as IT support for a high school, where 90% of the students use Macs

>girl comes in
>applications won't open, needs help figuring out what's wrong
>her Mac is 100% full, literally 100kB left
>ask her to delete something of at least 500MB
>she can't find any large file
>she lets me look around
>I check iMovie and iPhoto libraries
>2x iPhoto libraries on 30GB and 50GB each
>iMovie library on 40GB
>neither iPhoto or iMovie would open due to the original issue
>Apple thinks it's a good idea to store files in a "library" that can't be browsed or managed without a specific "app"

Eventually we managed to clear enough space by deleting small things here and there so iMovie would at least open. What a horrible way to manage media though.

the files can be accessed through the normal directory structure through the terminal

some tech support you are

typical college retard who thinks being able to plug in a graphics card makes him hot shit

>needing the terminal to traverse the directory tree
>SIMPLE

that's the literal definition of simple

how did they make somebody tech support if they can't even change directories properly?

I think you're frustrated because you think running a gaming PC makes you some kinda tech wizard or something. And the moment you have to tackle an issue outside of your """field of expertise""" you shit the bed

>cd /directory and rm file is not simple waaah
lmao just lmao

do you ever find yourself attracted to the students (those of legal age i mean). and also do they ever come on to you?

Top fucking kek

oof, had me going until this one. nice try op.

>he willingly joined the botnet
wtf

You don't need the admin password to reset the admin password from the Recovery Partition. You should refrain from commenting if you don't know what you're talking about.

google hangouts?

Mac OS died for me with version 10.6.8, after which it ceased to be Mac OS and started becoming iOS for desktop. I still use it, but I'm not as attached to it as I was in 2004-2011. I might even consider ditching Mac OS entirely unless Apple can get some fucking half decent new hardware on scene.

>everyone is shitposting and getting mad over computer brands
>tfw nerds arguing is my fetish
>I'm furiously rubbing my clit raw to you guys
>OH FUCK....

#justgirliethings

Are you bitching about how you can't use your AD shared home folder? Are you fucking with us? Just mount it. Type Command+K and type in the actual network path none of this '\\'. AD fucking sucks, there's a reason the Mac only supports it in a rudimentary way.

#justshitosthings

What is 'Show Package Contents'?

I had to cool down, thanks boys, you made me squirt all over my Mac Pro. Which makes for an amazing dildo with clit stimulation. :)

Good thing I got Apple Care.

>browsing the web on the fastest and most battery-efficient browser
>haven't had to use plugins in years (including Flash)
>passwords and other form data securely stored and synced to all my devices via iCloud Keychain
>running nine different content blocker extensions because they're not performance-killing JavaScript hogs

#justmacosthings

You're right. You can get all those features on any PC with Chrome
=^]

>dat shitty .gif
Was making a webm too hard for you?

>Most battery efficient browser

You're using Opera?

>VLC
>Ubuntu
>OSX

lol who cares what you have to say

Why would anyone willingly use a chinese botnet browser?

>He fell for the webm meme

#justjewglethings

>You're and idiot dude
Apple OS is designed for complete idiots.
It fails even on that. Congratz.

I can open up a browser and use facebook on any machine you dumbfuck. That's not what I use an OS for.

MAC TARD ON CRUISE CONTROL BTFU!!!

You have been rekt several times in this thread pajeet, how does it feel being shoven your faggot os in your rektum?

>can play games of any calibre
>can upgrade any parts
>dont have to rely on my tech getting the attention of girls because I lift, have a proper diet, and groom myself like a normal human being
>dont have penis insecurities that cause me to buy overly expensive underperforming tech then shitpost on a taiwanese computer-building forum

lemmeguess, you can't even view the webms posted here, heh

Oh no I can't view an obscure Google format used exclusively by a shitty troll site. Safari is shit!

The point hes making is that macOS is meant to be for simpletons, so when approaching it with a simple strategy doesnt work, it kind of shows there's a problem with apple's marketing strategy.

On Windows, most users (even casual) could figure out deleting files in order to clear storage space. They wouldnt need tech support, which is how macOS should be designed to function.

You dont see people in a windows thread going
>hurr durr just open cmd.exe and type in this and that, it JUST WERKS
>just run a python script dummy, its so simple
and you definitely wouldnt see someone advising some high school student to do the same

> reboot

Haha, loser.

I'm not that tech support guy, I was just amused that you have to use the terminal to get the directory tree, which in any real OS, you can do in the inbuilt file manager. Even in android

Good for you
My company uses it and it's way harder to use on Apple devices, that's all I'm saying.

>try to get actual work done
>everything freezes randomly
#justmacosthings

Typical macfag argumentation:
x doesn't work on macs
>x is shit anyway

>You don't need this feature.
Kek. Don't be mad because your mac can't play VP9/Opus containers files at 1080p at 60fps encoded into a 2mb file.

>The point hes making is that macOS is meant to be for simpletons, so when approaching it with a simple strategy doesnt work, it kind of shows there's a problem with apple's marketing strategy.

that's NOT the fucking point. beyond certain issues appletards are expected to bring it to the genius homo bar -- that's fucking expected, but this idiot who CLAIMS TO BE A TECH can't even do the simplest damn thing a tech is expected to do, yet he blames the machine instead of his own ineptitude. This is the #1 problem with fucking "Gayman Power Users" who criticize OSX, they think that just because it doesn't work like they're used to that it's somehow broken. More like you're a fucking idiot is the problem, son.

>Right click -> Show Package Contents

MUH FILE MANAGER
HURF HURF
MUH FILE MANAGER

>>Right click -> Show Package Contents
Am i the only one who used this to hide porn?

IIRC iMovie.app on my G4 was about 15 GiB because of that.

>Right click
On a mac lol

Oh shit is this 1994? People still think they can't right-click on a Mac?

>Don't use those things that you might need cause they don't work on a Macbook™

Where did he even imply that?

On the topic of music, you should definitely check out vox. More than solid alternative for itunes and supports hifi playback

literally a faget, tard

I heard OSX got cutting and pasting the other year, do they already have direct deleting of files yet? Like shift-delete?

You didn't hear any of that shit because it's made up.

If you have to google how to use something, then it's poorly designed.

I figured out how to use slackware simpy by using slackware.

If you can't learn how to use an os simply by tinkering around, then it's probably a poorly designed os.

nobody calls them meme arrows on Cred Forums, we just call it greentexting.

now either go back to lurking, or go back to the youtube comments section

I was able to figure out linux in a day, and freebsd in three.

I still have yet to figure out how the fuck osx works tho