FTP sharing

New thread from FTP file sharing thread

IP: joelixny.ddns.net
/Media is read only, upload to / or create a new dir.
Please keep things organized.
Speed: 250/30
Storage: 6TB

IP2: weebftp.org
Read only, upload to /upload
Mostly download FTP. Only 20GB upload space.
Speed: 75/75
Storage: 13TB

Join #Cred Forumsftp at irc.rizon.net for help, requests, or just chatting.

I'm also hosting a free Poker tournament today where you can win prizes related to the FTP (Mine, which is the first one)
Time is 5PM MST, 11PM UTC. More info at p.teknik.io/1Lb5h

stop making these threads you tripfag, your server sucks

I make them once a week because of all the requests I got to do them, and I even JUST started using a trip so you can filter me and not have to see them.

I clicked the first link and it's telling me to log into rutorrent? wtf

thats a lot of storage dude, how much do you spend yearly?

You access an FTP server through FTP, not HTTP.
What do you mean, hard drives are a one time purchase. If you mean replacing them I haven't had to yet so I can't give you an estimate.

Its some home server right? Because I was thinking it was some rented VPS and thats a lot of storage

It's a home server.
I don't trust third parties to not log IPs, etc.
A VPS would probably have better speeds, but I wouldn't be able to be certain of privacy, which is important to me.

ok fed whatever you say :^)

Fuck off you stupid pedophile

Funny how the first thing you think of when privacy is mentioned is pedophilia.
Got anything you want to get off your chest? You're anonymous here, don't be afraid

Nice honeypot senpai.

I enjoy looking through all this bullshit anons made, thanks for hosting.
It cracks me up.

Cool shit user. I'll take a look when I'm home.

0.001 cents have been deposited on your bank account with the note
"downloaded shrek from the server dank."

No I know you from irc and your pedophile tendancies

I'll spend it wisely

>all this flac music
thanks anons!

>still no cleanup or sorting after a month of time
senpai pls

I've cleaned up a bit, but the mess keeps piling up.
I don't have much time to organize as I wish I did.

is there any worry of viruses or malware being uploaded?

Unfortunately, yes.
Someone keeps uploading Photo.scr into every directory they can.
I delete it routinely, but you should still be careful with what you run.
Non-executable files should be fine, though.

can you upload the binary somewhre?

The Photo.scr one?
I'll save a copy the next time they upload it.
Someone in the irc channel opened it up on an editor to check it out, I'll ask if they have it still.

there's a photo.scr in "I am nice and create a folder".

Wow, you have Windows 95 & Windows ME that's crazy! Is 98 and 2000 / 2003 Server on there too?

Anything good been fucking uploaded yet?

If it had you'd have fun finding it amongst all that shit.

I uploaded Doom95

Poker starting in 10 minutes, anyone else wants to join us?

have some one punch man

Thanks for doing this. It's very interesting. I personally don't care for most of the content on there. If anything, I'd like to get my fuel units up by having a lot of PDF files on various computer science subjects. I think that's the most beneficial part of this. Seems like people are using this as a torrent 'site', which is probably not efficient. Go to /t/ and upload a torrent.

I'd suggest organizing it by file type with folders and only allowing uploads that match the file type to said folder. Don't know if that's possible.

For example:
Movies > movie.avi
Music > song.flac
PDFs > HowToBeAFurry.pdf

Only those file types are allowed to be uploaded to that folder. Lots of stuff on there is actually shitposting, ironically. Didn't know that was even possible.

Also, what's your end game here? No one does this for free. Are you doing it because you yourself want a lot of content for personal use or do you have an actual thing you want to shill, such as a poker tournament? I'm fine with this, but I don't like people being dirty and having ulterior motives.

That might be possible to do, but I can't really think of an easy way to do it, and I really prefer a more open approach, even if it means more work for me.

I have some 'primary' folders, they start with !
e.g., !movies, !music, etc.

A lot of shit is indeed shitposting

I agree that the forte of an FTP server is small files like books, but if people want to upload big files I don't mind, even if it's not as efficient.

About my ulterior motives, the poker tournament is free and made for the FTP, not the other way around. Just figured it'd be something fun to do with the community. Turned out to be quite fun. Having people upload content for me is nice, but having a 250 down line I could torrent anything I want myself, so that's not really it either. Honestly a few years back I did the same thing, for a small IRC community that has since grown too big and isn't the fun place it used to be. I tried getting back some of the fun recreating what was a fun project back then, but no one there cared for it anymore. So I sought out to make a small community, and so far it worked pretty well. So my ulterior motive is to relive that experience that made my IRC years all those years ago so great.

Hmm, some very good files here, but the dl speeds suck :/

Hey, I was told a good vinly rip of vivaldis 4 seasons was on one of these servers. Can you run a search for "vivaldi" and tell me where the fuck it is? I looked through them the other day but didnt spot it and I didnt see a search button.

Posting FTP links

ftp://joelixny.gq

ftp://weebftp.org

ftp://install:[email protected]

Uploading to ftp://joelixny.gq/FLAC right now

ftp://joelixny.gq/Japanese%20Music%20Videos/