Why don't you use a smartwatch, user?

Why don't you use a smartwatch, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbgvSi35n6o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I already have a phone, so a second NSA tracking device oils be redundant.

Wow, samsung have found out how to make wrist sized explosives for suicide bombers. Shocking. Really makes you think.

>tfw to smart for a smart watch

Don't want to charge my watch, and all the features are essentially gimmicks.

I have a OG Pebble that I bought on eBay for $15. It's awesome to be able to read notifications without whipping out my phone like a spurglord every time it goes off. It's also good for controlling my music when I'm in the car since I drive an older vehicle that only has an aux jack.

>to

Because it has to be recharged every day. My quartz watch needs battery replacement every 5 years or so. That would be acceptable.

Because fuck having to charge your watch everyday or having a pebble with a shit e-ink display.
I admit I probably would have gotten one to play with if it weren't for these two points.

I own the best one.

Because I'm not American

you should post it then

i'm not a man child

Don't you guys take your watch off at night anyways?

I did, you blind? Apple Watch is objectively the best smart watch

what it do baby boo

Moto 360 gen 2 here, about 5 weeks in. It's fantastic.

The only reason why I'd want one is to control the volume and skip songs without having to take out my phone every time.

shit battery life
pointless
unreliable
fragile

Honestly, the two main reasons are I don't want a tan line where a fucking watch would be on my arm (too sexy for that). And I don't want to have to upgrade an expensive piece of equipment like that basically yearly when a new version comes out.

Yep, and I just have to put it somewhere.
More than that, I don't have to get another charger with me when I move for more than one day.

Any good ones that work with the Note 5?

I don't think I've seen anyone with a smartwatch let alone a watch.

Gear s/s2

I do though. Gear s2 classic here, I love it. I greatly prefer this interface over the android wear one, but I do wish I could use Google Now on it instead of shitty S Voice.

your new here arent you?

I don't, the alarms vibrate the watch, so I keep it on overnight.

I don't have any use for it, also, expensive for very little value.

>wearing anything on your wrist that isn't rolex
lmao enjoy getting lauged at behind ur back

My Apple Watch 2 arrived last week. It's pretty comfy. Use it a lot on the commute.

>remove watch
>smell wrist

They're retarded. I got a Bluetooth bracelet though, sold it because I couldn't get it to work with my phone. If anyone knows of a bracelet that vibrates when I receive texts and works with BB10OS please do let me know

Its a meme.

why didn't you change your phone instead'? holy fuck

Because I like my fucking phone, holy fuck. I'm not dropping my favorite phone so I can use some $10 bracelet. Christ would that ever be retarded.

Because I don't even use a REGULAR watch, practically everything which is powered by electricity has some kind of clock on it

Got a link to that bracelet?
Sounds like something I could use.

Best cheap smartwatch coming through

because the cecret bracelet isn't out yet..

or computer contact lenses...

i only make investments worth a shit, is why.

Xiaomi MiBand

What type?

cicret

>Apple
>objective
I laughed, thanks.

when I buy pointless jewelry I want it to look good like jewelry not a fucking featureless pigfat square on my wrist

Because I'm not a child.

I am heterosexual

Kek. Are you windows xp gold dev?
thanks mr saadi

I do op

>Apple
>not Objective

Nigga it uses Objective C

Because for the most part their tiny form factor means they basically just serve as an expensive front end to your cellphone. It exists solely to give you notifications that prompt you to take out your phone to respond to.

Nice fakes you fucking loser
You're worse than the faggots wearing these "smart"watches

*Swift

You can reply to messages directly on the Apple Watch, you can even pretend to be James Bond and call someone

Eh. I had one, returned it, and got a Pebble Time Round. I'm slightly happier with the PTR I think.

1. Looks like an actual watch and not a stupid block on your wrist

2. Always on screen is very nice, Apple's wrist movement detection whatever thing is very good but not quite perfect, enough to piss me off sometimes

3. Physical buttons are better than a touch screen, you can do things without looking at the screen

Despite all of this, I still think the Apple Watch is pretty nifty and if they solve some of the problems I have with it I might go back to it.

Don't knock it until you try it, getting notifications completely silently on your wrist is nice.

No. There is no reason to. It is lumed and makes it easy for me to check what time it is without turning on all the lights.

>22hr battery life
>'watch'
Hueeeee.

Pebble colour e-paper display is not as bad as you make it out to be. It looks great with light, which makes sense to use on a watch, and its always on to no detriment to the battery.
>60fps
All that and it lasts for a week. Its got to be the one with the least drawbacks right?

Actually, why should I use a smartwatch? Genuine question, I'm interested

>doesn't have access to electricity at night to charge his watch

Sad

Speaking from the Apple Watch side, it make a great companion piece to your iPhone, especially if you live a hectic, fast paced life in a metropolitan area. For example, if I get an important text during a meeting, I can check it and reply quickly without pulling out my phone. On a packed train, I can quickly change the song playing. I can ask Siri to set reminders and alarms by asking my watch. Also with Apple Pay I just wave my hand over the reader for contactless pay, makes you look like a wizard when wearing sleeves

>needing to charge a fucking watch on a daily basis
sad

Literally a non issue unless you sleep in the wild

But I do
Pic related

>life expectancy of two years

What are some cool things I can do with it?

youtube.com/watch?v=KbgvSi35n6o

Literally retarded as fuck. I already have enough devices to charge daily, I don't fucking need another one.

Literally
A
Nonissue

You sound like an octogenarian

To be honest I have no use for a watch in general, whenever its smart or not it really makes no difference. My phone shows me time and does everything a "smart" watch can do. Not to mention it does it better. To me its useless/outdated tech who's only purpose is to show off that you have disposable income.

I don't want to send or receive data, a transmitter or receptor which makes me a source of something that I'm not

A smartwatch would commoditize me and I would be fetishing myself in connection with an artificial perception

I value watches, mechanical ones that are passed on to generations as a heirloom, not necessarily as a status symbol but as a testament of value to time

Because a watch functions on it's own by virtue of it's own movement, therefore identity

And time isn't something that exists by itself but it's always connected to a perception of universality you know

In essence, a smartwatch would be a downgrade of my time and not a functionality serving its own purpose

swiss watches ftw, discretion please

Literally beyond retarded. Fuck off moron

If your smart watches are so smart, why can't they tell how high you are?

Enjoy wearing shit-tier "please rob me" niggerbait all the time :)

>my wife's son
Im literally dying right now fuck me

I'm always really high why do I need a watch to tell me that