GTX1060 back at it again

>GTX1060 back at it again

Nvidia kicking back to recent AMD domination. Will there be driver updates and optimization from AMD? Will this game release DX12 patch to favor AMD?

youtube.com/watch?v=QTzsnm-PzT0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Oh no there's a 10 frame difference in a literally who DX11 game I'm not going to play

>nvidia not rendering scenes properly

at least i get to see what the developer intended

also the 1060 and 480 aren't 1440p cards kys

RX480 looks way better to me so that'd compensate for the 10 fps

> overclocked 1060
>versus stock rx480
>1060 is shitting itself at 99% while rendering a worse picture than the rx480
>rx480 at 85% which might indicate worse driver or worse game optimization for it compared with 1060
>10fps difference
>more cpu usage on amd side, again, probably worse driver or game optimization

Let's overclock both, or make them render the same scene with the same settings, then we can arrive at a better comparison.
Everything seems to indicate that the game favours nvidia or amd has slight worse drivers, but that the rx480 is clearly better than the 1060.

please stop using quantum turd for benchmarks.

it's irrelevant how the shittiest game of 2016 runs just as ashes and hitman were irrelevant.

Is this even at the same settings?
Because the scene on the right looks much sharper and detailed.

>paying 10.60 in GoyTaX

Why is the GTX 1060 6GB so cheap?

If I just want to play 1920x1080 on high for current games (including Forza Horizon 3) can this card do that?

lol the nvidia card looks lower res then the amd in that pic. try again

ATI/AMD always had better image quality at the same graphics settings. Nvidia cheating is nothing new.

Are you okay?

>still can't run a sub-30fps 720p xbone game at 1080p 60fps on hardware that's about 4 times as powerful.

that's on the edge of what would be required to run it like that if the hardware was actually on an xbone, so it's not surprising. It's less optimized, deal with it

you do know that's in dx11 right?

nvidia's dx12 performance has been horseshit so far. that fact it gains so much in dx11 clearly shows nvidia suffers from regressions in dx12 because their cards are not built for dx12 in mind. only dx11.

if we look at frame times with pic related, we see nvidia suffering higher frame times in dx12 compared to amd

The left image looks fucking awful.

AYYMD is incorrectly rendering the scene as usual

AYYMD, THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE CHEATING

Only Nvidia has real DX12 support & Feature Level 12_1 support

when we switch to dx11 we see the 480 suffering higher frame times compared to nvidia this time around.

dx11 vs dx12 is the opposite for both manufacturers

amd favors dx12
nvidia favors antiquated dx11

if you're on amd, go dx12. you will benefit
if you're on nvidia, stay on antiquated dx11. you will benefit.

pics are also from that shitty quantum leap game

Trips of truth

>tech
>>Cred Forums

Fuck off with that shit. Games and GPU's are technology. Cred Forums is not fucking interested in talking about the actual technology behind gaming hardware past PSfort/Xbone.

The images aren't synced, that part is where they're shining lights through the tunnel so the one on the left is slightly brighter.

this bait was taken

>just as ashes and hitman were irrelevant.

That's not what I've read for the last 6 months when you subhuman street shitters were shilling 480RX for some curry rice so if you would be so kind TO TAKE YOUR FUCKING AMD/NVIDIA THREADS YOU FUCKING PAJEET AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY I would be very much grateful.

>>still can't run a sub-30fps 720p xbone game at 1080p 60fps on hardware that's about 4 times as powerful.
did you watch the whole video?
1060 and 480 get 100 and 70 frames per second, respectively, at Xbone settings 1080p

that's 2-3 times as fast and at twice the resolution

yep, but that's with the temporal reconstruction enabled, so it's still upsampling from 720p.

oh gotcha, makes sense
so then the cards COULD hit 60fps at 1080p medium. Still that's a fucking shit optimized game for both consoles and home

Why does nvidia render like shit for MUH FPS?

>Nvidia back to lowering quality via drivers for more FPS
yeah, enjoy, I guess

>6600k 46ºc @ 89%
>same fucking cpu with same HSF
>49ºc @ 72%

That kind of shit really trigger me

this game looks like it sucks balls. lmao who cares about the benchmarkz

>antiquated dx11
nice meme

why is the rx480 only using 2gb?????

>uses less memory and looks better
what the fuck

nvidias image quality is fucking terrible. look at that mess

>more cpu usage on amd side, again, probably worse driver or game optimization
You do know that AMD GPUs are known for being more CPU-bound right? Also
>overclocked 1060
You don't have to OC it, mine pulled 1950mhz straight out of the box.

Can anyone explain why the 1070 is so much money?

I'm thinking because if it was cheaper people wouldn't buy the 1080.

The magic of """driver optimization"""

>80 at 85% which might indicate worse driver or worse game optimization for it compared with 1060
fps difference
>>more cpu usage on amd side, again, probably worse driver or game optimization

more cpu usage is because its better utilizing the cpu. in DX12 the cpu and gpu usage should be 100% meaning 480 will kick the shit out of the 1060..

From what I've seen many games has this washed our color when running in a Nvidia. Personally, I think AMD has better image quality than Nvidia.

and 17c difference. whew amd is toasty

I don't see the AMD temp

Nvidia looks like washed out shit as per usual. People need to calibrate their setups because it's probably to do with gamma.

look at the line just under the fps

It only shows Nvidia temp 72c on the left.

What's with the washed out greens on the 1060 side?

Nvidia drivers.

WTF 1060 looks like shit ingame
fuck the FPS this is really bad.

and as other anons said rx480 looks better but the drivers again holding back the card.
man I was hoping this was fixed fug.

i'm tried of the amd drivers meme

>oc 1060 vs stock 480

Dude, please just watch the full video. How could anyone be stupid enough to OC one card and compare it to another stock card.

Can we agree both drivers are yet shit for this game ?

nvidia's render seems kinda blurry tbqh

>the game looks like a 2013 game in 2016
>runs like a 2018 game

Wtf this game really runs shit af. Not even everything is turned up and OC 1060 is barely getting 50fps at no action scene. What the fuck is this

In addition, just played the game for like 5 mins. Looks like shit, graphics are nothing special, main character looks shit. Game runs awful. Interactions and dialogs are unconvincing, seems like bad acting. Deleting it now

dat silicon lottery

>youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

MUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH DX12

WOW this game is shit

>gtx1080
>at 1080p
>82c
>3400 fan
what the hell man thats terrible
utter garbage game

>undervolt rx480
>get higher clocks with lower temps

my nitro hits 65c max load with fans holding @ 1700 and everyone says it has a shitty loud cooler

Who cares?

Jesus christ are the settings different for both GPUs? Looks as on the 1060.
Also youtube means

why the RX 480 pick looks better?

It's because he used VLC and it cut the dynamic range to 16-235 on the Nvidia card.

Literally just put color vibration to 75% on NV control panel.