Lil' help

Does anybody know how to translate an iframe? Is there any alternative iframe option with javascript or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.2chan.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Completely depends. Iframes can still be useful. What are you trying to translate?

Trying to make a website that translates 2ch into english.

I'm not sure how good you are, but the best solution would be to use 2chn's api and load the posts into a database. Then translate all the posts as they come in. When a user comes to your site, they request from the database the thread with all the posts you've translated. You'd probably have some sort of database with user requests that would have much higher priority to keep the threads updated and live.

not good at all. i'm totally new to this sort of shit, i only know basic html and php. i've fucked around with a few image/bbs boards but never stuff like this

any other workaround? i'm not to keen on that idea

Is this a fun project to hone your skills, or a necessity?

Little bit of both. It's a fun project I've been trying to work on but I also want to advertise it and have other discussion boards where you can discuss 2ch and 2chan shit.

A sort of global ''channel'' where language imageboards and textboards like krautchan and hispachan can be viewed by anyone who wishes.

So, both.

Ok, well one last question: how are you translating it?

Either with google's translate API or microsoft if google is to inconvenient.

So my suggestion still remains the same as the first post, but I'll help you organize it. It helps if you draw it.

1. You want to have a php file that talks to 2chn's api and puts their threads and posts in a database on your server.

2. You want another file that sends the posts to a translated and puts them into your database.

3. You then want files for dealing with how people are able to view that database.

You can do all this in php. But Python is also a great language. You can totally do all this, just do one step at a time.

Do step 1 first. It will teach you the most while also being the easiest.

Oh yeah, start off googling "how to make a database in php". "how to use an api in php" "2chn api"

2chans API is only granted to approved and sponsored developers. People they partner with that makes stuff like IOS or Android apps.

Then he'll have to do web scraping.

Not interested unless that's the only other option left. There must be some-way to translate an iframe .

Transferring data between iframes is only possible if both sides allow it. It's a huge security risk because you could have an iframe with PayPal in it, and scrape their login information as they type it in.

2ch appears on the iframe, its just if i add a translate widget like Google's translate widget, it will only translate the text on MY page, and nothing in in the Iframe

How would you translate the text off 2chn without reading it?

google offers a translation tool that you can put on your page that can translate your website

OK, so what will your site offer that's better than this: translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.2chan.net/

disgussion board about 2chan and then a translated version of 2ch itself

ree

Do you want separate discussions for each thread on 2chn?