You know what to do

Now realize that nothing works.

what is this?

Install Arch Linux for fresh and better repos and get xfce

I hate memes.

easy guide to install the best linux-based OS ever made, Archlinux

install win 10 it just werks

ubuntu has all that stuff by default

I have a cracked copy of Windows 10 for free. It indeed just 'doesn't werk.' So much for security by closed source.

>ubuntu has all that stuff by default
And a shitload of useless softwares/drivers too.
Arch is the way.

Uninstall it and install Arch

>Windows
>works
lmao

format and install a good OS

>installs an operating system
>doesn't know what to do

That's how you know that you didn't need the operating system, retard.
Your narcissism and pathetic show-off attitude is also obvious. Do you think that installing a Linux distribution is hard and an achievement that you have to brag about online? You're not the first person who has installed it. Millions of people have.
Kill yourself, you predictable idiot.

Lubuntu and Xubuntu have their uses. I used to use those lightweight Ubuntu spinoffs on older computers until I finally evolved enough to use Arch. There's nothing more lightweight than starting off with Arch, except maybe Linux From Scratch.

Brutal lel

Arch is larger than loads of other distros though. It's not even small it's just big yet useless.

Wew someone's bitter

What is with Cred Forums and Arch? Are they all shills or is there an actual logical basis behind the promotion?

Arch is not minimalistic but arch is up to date and easy to maintain.
Rolling release should be the standard for personnal desktop.
Ubuntu is a heap of garbage mixing LTS and updated softwares and inepties like mir/unity.
You shouldn't use that poorly designed distro.

install compton and disable xfce4 compositer

People who wanna into Gentoo, but just don't have the guts. Obviously derided by Cred Forums at large

i generally make the screen black

make clock format to %c (seconds)

other things

network

Noobuntu is so bloated

if i use ubuntu server 16041 lts does it include software/driver gunk as well?

Install the fucking Antergos

>Antergos
I don't understand this distro

is it like Arch-for-non-Autists?

That horrible website doesn't give much confidence

Yes
Heee hee heee

Use it, brag with your girlfriend and friends, show it to your mutt, watch some anime, shitpost in Cred Forums, get into Cred Forums, get called a nigger. Who knows?

It depends on what you're looking for. I prefer stability and think that should be the norm for anyone who doesn't need bleeding edge software. For that reason I use Debian.

If you want bleeding edge software I personally think Fedora is a lot better than Arch.

>No full disk encryption.
>No LVM.

Haha what a shit distro.

>Debian

doesn't Debian have outdated repos and gunk software/drivers pre-installed?

also why is there seriously not one package manager and a repo universe i hate that about linux everything seems glued together

>bluetooth on

Xubuntu has always been my no frills go to distro. Everything has always worked on a fresh install.

The repos are stable, meaning they are old but not necessarily outdated.

It'd be tough to have a central repo because of all the tweaking and version testing and everything that needs to be done but yeah I see where you're coming from. I honestly really like the way Android and iOS do it with a centralized app store.

Good choice

sudo apt-get remove xubuntu-desktop
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
Don't be fooled by the sockpuppet bots designed to spout terrible advice about Linux in order for you to drop it completely and buy Windows.

>not Plasma 5

What can I do with Arch that I can't do with a *buntu?

>shilling to buy windows
Pajeet, go back to india

You get the access to the AUR

>insecure unaudited random software
I bet your curl shell scripts too, doncha faggit.

yea this, you're probably going to have screen tearing. watch a full screen video on youtube and check if you do.

Those are vanilla git compile scripts newfag
0/10 lurk more

Because arch doesn't split packages. If I install libxft, it's installing libxft and libxft-dev all in one package.

>Those are vanilla git compile scripts newfag
And in no way is that an argument or disproves what I wrote.

>Implying packages on AUR don't just point to git repositories or official webpages of the source code for programs.

Nice try faggot

If the actual software on git is not secure for you call autism help line

>reboot
>install gentoo

>Grabbing random source code and compiling
Nice auditing fagface

Holy fuck, tinfoil autist. It's official fucking release

Have a system that takes hours to set up and then constantly breaks.

I only used it for like 5 minutes back when Netrunner was the first distro to provide it out of the box. Did they add a sweet ass dock like the one in Unity?

>arch
>hours
wew lad, you can setup everything depending on internet within 30 minutes. Its so simple you can put all you need in

Hello Ubuntu Bro!
What made you switch to linux?

It's a script for installing Arch, but instead of being encoded for a computer to read it's encoded for humans to read so they can do mundane, menial tasks without really understanding them instead of having a (perfectly capable) computer automate it for them.

works on my machine :^)

sudo rm -rf /
Install Windows 10
enjoy games

>Arch is not minimalistic but arch is up to date and easy to maintain.
>Rolling release should be the standard for personnal desktop.
That is one of the most autistic things that I have read in a while
Arch linux tends to break after a month or two any time you have anything more advanced than a simple server set up.
Arch linux has been great for my web server, but it is god awful on a workstation.
Ubuntu (and it's variants) are the best workstation OS's.
yeah unity is an abortion. But this is linux, you aren't forced to use just one DE line on windows or mac os.

Get used to having nothing to do, and then suddenly having a lot to do because when you try shit nothing works right and you spend hours and hours on google copying commands in to the terminal from 2008 forum posts.

Not him but:
>Arch linux tends to break after a month or two any time you have anything more advanced than a simple server set up.
I've been using Arch for over a year. Yes, it did broke few times, but only when I was setting it up. Eg. installed wrong drivers, made typo while messing with configuration files etc. It never broke out of nowhere during normal usage. And everytime it broke it took me less than 30min to fix it with help of wiki. Whole setting up and fixing these mistakes took me few hours, much less than setting up windows 7 machine for streaming games.
>Arch linux has been great for my web server, but it is god awful on a workstation.
Arch linux is pretty bad for servers. You don't need bleeding edge, unstable packages for servers. Debian is much more suitable.
>Ubuntu (and it's variants) are the best workstation OS's.
>yeah unity is an abortion. But this is linux, you aren't forced to use just one DE line on windows or mac os.
Ubuntu is pretty bloated but Xubuntu is pretty nice.
Even thought xubuntu is breaking rarely, it's pain in ass to fix them, like said. Arch's wiki is great for solving problems though.

i'm so fucking tired of this "install gentoo" meme

gentoo doesn't even look that good. Like all the fucking desktop threads, and I haven't seen a single good gentoo desktop.

When you rice, distro doesn't really matter. You can make the same desktops on Gentoo, Arch and *buntu

>mint
consider suicide

What is wrong with mint?
I always thought xubuntu, mint and elementary were good distros for newbies.

>xubuntu
Oh I get it now. Jolly good show. Carry on.

>"Just installed"
>You updated the Kernel from 4.4 to 4.5
kay

Maybe, but mint is twice removed from the source distro Debian which to me seems pretty dumb.

Install Windows 10.

No get out

The joke was gotten. There is no need to press it further.

move the panel to the bottom. Look at all that disgusting empty space. At least on the bottom it'll be distributed out and more visually appealing.

Arch Anywhere is far better than this crap

Arch wiki is the only thing people should use while installing Arch. These pictures get outdated after some time and they skip tons of important info, hints and alternatives you should know about while installing Arch.

>web server
>Arch
Are you completely retarded?

Because a professional actually cares about his OS that brakes when the kernel updates or his tool chain fucking up builds after library updates? Fucking kys highschooler.

Xubuntu has the only icon pack that I like to be honest. I really don't dig shit like flat numix icons. Now everytime there's a new random distro that tries to make things easy it includes that kind of bullshit.

Works better than Linux at least ;)

But that's not hard, to be honest.

sudo apt-get purge *xfce* && sudo apt-get install mate-desktop-environment

start searching for a windows installation disk

nice quads wimpy

I've never had those problems in the three years of running Arch. I keep my system regularly updated.