Why are the elite pushing the matrix meme?

Why are the elite pushing the matrix meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

everything2.com/title/Ed stories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Techno religion for atheists.
Dissolve old power structures, institute new ones that you control.

>Give the negroes equal rights
>This is the result

Falling for clickbait.

No one is pushing it its just a theory that says that an intelligent designer would have created simulations of a "world" before actually creating a real one in that is the implication that there would be many more simulated worlds than real ones, which would mean in theory there is a higher chance that this could all be a simulation instead of actual reality, its all very philosophical and shit, but websites just put that on titles to get clicks and page views.

Because its true

What if the simulation is a simulation itself?
How do we know when to stop?

Predestination. Same as it ever was.

>What if the simulation is a simulation itself?
>How do we know when to stop?
We don't.

And because both the 'real world' and simulations could themselves run simulations (assuming the universe is turing complete which it probably is), there are infinitely more simulations than a single real world.

So the general idea is one of probability, we are infinitely more likely to be in one of the simulations than the single real world.

It's academic, we don't have the science to tell (you probably couldn't actually tell from inside anyway) so basically, just live normally but maybe consider researching related sciences a bit more than otherwise.

Eventually, if it's true, physicists and computer scientists might find a way to test the turing completeness of the computer running our universe. Of course, that might just crash it and end everything, who knows.

The idea was played with in a rather good series of amateur sci-fi stories on everything2 called "Ed's Stories", written from the POV of geek writer about his weird house-mate.

In one or two stories, it talks about pushing physics to a certain limit to cause trouble with the simulation to either hack the underlying parameters of universe objects like stars or cause universe exception handlers to override physics and reset physical properties when certain things happen like too much energy being poured into too small a particle.

That's enough, Raiden! Turn off your computer. This simulation is over.

But does it even really matter?

This is the parent page for the stories.
everything2.com/title/Ed stories

Also the assumption that we live in a simulation, that assumption alone is troublesome to me, because the assumption that a machine/computer simply executing code, has "sentience"... that would be a fucking problem in our real world.

>we know for a fact the big bang happened and we know for a FACT that it wasn't a god caused it
>we could be living in a videogame

>Uh, objective reality doesn't exist, it's all like a big video game
Progressive propaganda, aimed at making people unable of distinguishing the real from the virtual. Millenials are the living result of such propaganda, because of video games. Now they're going further.

I've been living in a video game for the last 12 years.

We're some kid's history project in the future.

Were not in a matrix but we will probably create one eventually.

>machine/computer simply executing code, has "sentience"... that would be a fucking problem in our real world.
I don't see why it would be a problem. Anyway, relax, it's not even clear that humans have sentience.

Anyway, your assumption isn't that a computer has sentience, it's that a computer can simulate sentient lifeforms. I'm not sure I see the problem but I don't give organic life or even human life any special worship over any other kind of computational process.

Giving us hope this is all just a shitty dream.

>and we know for a FACT that it wasn't a god caused it

Are you 12?

>black science man
>elite

The problem would be the ethical implications of us destroying machines that we are done with.

corecraft when?

>"It’s like being in a nightmare you can’t wake up from.”

The truth is, you're all just a collapsed wave function as a result of my observation. I know some of you may think the same about me, but I'm the only real one.

Because people fall for it, since it's SCINESCE MAN you can't argue against it

Well guess what you KEK

you are a product of my mind

get over it

The theory we're a simulation or the result or some kind of god computer running a universe001.exe is stupid. If such a thing were true why would it matter when we're not only self aware and conscious beings as far as our understanding allows us to be but also if we truly aren't real by our definition then theres nothing we can do to ever change that.

NDT is hardly "the elite."

Made me laugh thanks user

elon musk said we were living in the matrix earlier this year which is the "elite' op is talking about

Not that guy, but you mean it still isn't ready? Jesus Christ.

I don't even play WoW anymore.

>make fun of people for believing in god
>yes, goy we're living in da matrix

>we all could be

So he's basically saying the theoretical possibility is higher than 0.00%. What is groundbreaking about this?

Then why won't the matrix simulate me a girlfriend?

If I never opened this thread, None of these posts would be here

I'm not falling for the botnet, I'm the only real one and everyone else is a product of my imagination

You hear that? Stop reading my mind!!!

Heh... remember almost getting in a fight 15 years ago trying to explain that to a bunch of rednecks... that we COULD but probably aren't.

The real question is how do we then crash it?

Because it needs to be believable.

by about the 13th floor

No, I think that is the point of the while "We might be in a Matrix"

It changes nothing.

fpbp

>Black science man
>The elite

pick 1.

I would love to see some "before" and "after" pictures & write-up on people who play WoW since day1 and played it actively all along.

>neil "smoke de grass" tyson

Everyone is talking about simulation theory because of a finding from Dr. Sylvester James Gates and team made a few years back. They determined that the fabric of reality basically uses bit accurate error correction. They found a way to model it, and they found a way to measure it.
The behavior of sub atomic particles is kept in check by another underlying set of laws, exactly like we use for electronic signaling to maintain integrity.

Instead of going the obvious route and saying that we ourselves developed a system that reflects a natural phenomenon, people have been twisting this to make that claim that the universe is ran by computer code.
Dr Gates himself only mentioned the possibility, and in the same breath openly admits the findings are still undergoing peer review.

(((Media))) love creating useful narratives to control what you think. They'll jump on any snipet of information and lure in the unsuspecting with it. "Science" is the religion of the fedora reddit athesit generation.

>accurate error correction
Tell me more.

He is talking about Elon Musk who said this exact same thing last month

Is Elon Musk a Jew?

before
>young, smiling teenager with hopes and dreams

after
>disgusting neckbeard that has less life in his eyes than a whore - all hope is lost but he'll wait just till the next expac to kill himself

Equally if not more likely than Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc. Got any idea at all of what happens after death? Well it might just be the right one, but you won't find out until you kill yourself.

Culture is a virtual reality and language is its programming.

>it's not even clear that humans have sentience.
What's sentience? An entity's ability to experience experiences. Do you experience experiences? Cool, you're sentient. It would be ridiculous to assume other people wouldn't also be.
>I don't give organic life or even human life any special worship over any other kind of computational process.
This is the most cringe-inducing thing I've ever read

Thats what I don't get. Most of the people who believe in this theory call themselves athiest. If the theory is true, would the operators of the simulation not be equivalent to a god? You could argue that its a simulation without operators, but that wouldn't really be a simulation.

just like what the old ones did when they were new

Do you feel omnipotent when playing The Sims? Then yes, you are a god in that case.

Perhaps it's still in BETA version and gfs are not currently available in that mode.

Thats my point. How do people like tyson come to the conclusion that they're athiest and not agnostic if they entertain the idea of living in a simulation?