Ok Cred Forums, I need to know why everyone here has a big hard-on for 5.5" phones. I currently have a 5...

ok Cred Forums, I need to know why everyone here has a big hard-on for 5.5" phones. I currently have a 5.2" one and can only wish for a smaller screen. Once you go big enough that one handed use is out of the question, does the experience get more enjoyable? Is typing easier? Is it more comfortable to hold?

I'm getting a new phone in a couple months and I don't wanna rule out the 5.5" devices because a lot of them are spectacular for the price, especially the OnePlus 3.

Currently I have no idea what direction to go in

>smaller phone
Sony z5 compact. Great camera, great battery life, only $300 on ebay
>bigger phone
OnePlus 3, no contest
>and now for something completely different
blackberry passport. less than $300 on ebay. still should be smooth as fuck in performance and god damn I miss physical keyboards

>tfw can't use the Mi5s in the US
it's literally my dream phone. So unless I'm retarded and the Mi5s would work on tmobile or verizon 4g then please correct me. Otherwise just regular smartphone discussion

manlet

Hey man, can't use a phone smaller than your dick. Guess one of those 2.1" phones from 2002 is just right for you, yo?

Me? I'm stuck using a goddamn iPad Pro thats just about a foot long.

I want a decent 6" phone, have no problems handling a 5.5" with one hand.

>can't use a phone smaller than your dick
cool so I guess I should just buy an LTE enabled Nexus 7, right?

I'm using a 4" phone. Wouldn't want anything significantly larger than that. And I'm 6'2" tall with larger hands than nearly everyone I know. Problem, phablet shills?

dicklet

Manlet here, I can still use my 5.5 inch phone with one hand and it's comfy af having a large screen.

Can't go back to smaller baby shit after this

I don't get it. I mean, I can comfortably use 5"+ screens no problem, my last phone had a 5.1" screen iirc, and here I am using a 3.1" screen and more content than ever. I'm surprised the novelty doesn't wear off for you guys

It's easier to type on the on-screen keyboard of a large phone.

why? does it have anything to do with functionality or is it just how things look?

my sister has an iphone 6 and it's 4.7" is easier to type on than my 5.2" droid turbo

It's easier to type with the off screen keyboard of any phone

There aren't any decent phones with a physical keyboard so I don't understand your point.

>There aren't any decent phones with a physical keyboard
wew fucking lad

Blackberry Classic
Blackberry Passport
Unless you need Pokemon Go. My Classic does everything I need.

BlackBerry Q5
BlackBerry Q10
BlackBerry Classic
BlackBerry Passport
BlackBerry Priv

i have a 5.0" phone, a cheap chinese piece of shit, but i love it, and its perfect for my needs

Great examples there user.

They're ok. I don't find a cramped vertical keyboard much better than an OSK, especially when the OSK has swipe and predictive input. What I'd like is a 5"+ phone with a slide-out horizontal keyboard.

>Let me just list the whole Blackberry line that'll show him

>Blackberry
>decent
try again

Moto X Style, when that screen should be the standard.

6" screens are the future. 5.5" is mediocre.

There's more screen space. Things are bigger or I have more space for multitasking.

Also still usable with one hand so why not just

They're all better than your phone simply for the fact that they have keyboards. Most of them are also better because BB10OS.

>BB10OS
>Proprietary
>Better

Dead company that hands information over to the government like it's free hotel candy. They don't even pretend to protect it.

How small are your hands? Anything less than 5" feels like absolutely tiny in my hands.
>Once you go big enough that one handed use is out of the question
At what, 7"? I've only ever seen tablets that large.

I choose all three, because it's true.
>freetard
>valid opinion
Choose one.

Dead or not their phones are the best phones. Doing something illegal? Quit being retarded and get a burner.

>On October 26, 2015, BlackBerry announced that there are no plans to release new APIs and software development kits (SDKs) or adopt Qt version 5. Future updates, like versions 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 which are scheduled to be released in 2016, would focus on security and privacy enhancements only.
>The new BlackBerry Priv and BlackBerry DTEK50 use the Android operating system, but BlackBerry COO Marty Beard told Bloomberg that "The company’s never said that we would not build another BB10 device."

Even BlackBerry doesn't think that BB10OS is better and deprecated it for Android.

BlackBerry switched to Android because BB10OS wasn't catching on. That doesn't make Android better by any means.

Doesn't matter if you are doing something illegal or not. For a "security minded" company, they sure are loose lipped.

BB10OS literally only survived at all because of Android apps. It was pretty much a parasite. It's not better in anyway, and you're stupid for using a closed-source blackbox on a device that tracks your every movement/sound/video and has access to contacts of everyone you know, your browsing history, your preferences, and even more.

Regardless their phones are still better than whatever piece of trash you've got.

>BB10OS literally only survived at all because of Android apps
What's the issue with a superior operating system tapping into an existing application market?
>It's not better in anyway
Ask me how I can tell you've never used it.
>a device that tracks your every movement/sound/video and has access to contacts of everyone you know, your browsing history, your preferences, and even more.
You just described every smartphone in existence.

I'll never switch back to Android. I'll be switching between my Q10, Classic, and Passport depending on which I feel like using that day for the next 4 or 5 years at least, or until I give up on smartphones.

How is it better? The only thing I hear praised is the blackberry hub. Not really enough to make someone switch.

The chink that runs the company is slowly selling it out to the government. BB10 does run Android 4.3 runtime with out Google Play Services to spy on you. It could run 6.0 but Google needs all the new apps to have a NSA back doors just to know who your friends are. With BB10 OS just remove telemetry and Blackberry messenger and you have one of the few smartphones that are harder to spy on other that the cell network i.e phone calls and text messages.

>tfw manlet
>have 5" phone
>looking to buy a 5.5" phone
i'm scared

>BlackBerry hub
>gesture based UI
>No need for root, it's already better than Android ever will be
>RTOS

>What's the issue with a superior operating system tapping into an existing application market?
The existing market only exists because Android is good. If BB OS was actually good it would have a similar market, after all BB is much older than Android.

>I'll just keep using deprecated software forever!
Yeah, that's why nobody will take you seriously.

Just run AOSP without Google Services. Then you've got a phone that isn't a blackbox and doesn't spy on you (outside of the normal cell tower shit you mentioned). You can even go full paranoid with XPrivacy and custom messaging apps and so on.

Android already has a nice gesture based UI though. What is the difference?

>The existing market only exists because Android is good.
The existing market exists because everyone and their mothers are capable of slapping Android on anything and selling it at all sorts of price points. Meanwhile most people thought BlackBerry was dead before BB10OS was even a thing and BlackBerry didn't really advertise at all so how were they going to find out otherwise?
>Yeah, that's why nobody will take you seriously.
"deprecated" software > inferior software

Android's is ass.

>Meanwhile most people thought BlackBerry was dead
Because it was fucking shit. Apple came around with the iPhone and it curb stomped them. From there they just tried to clone the competition, which people usually don't respond well to.

>Because it was fucking shit
Irrelevant and untrue

I bet Google and Apple's CEO's have a Blackberry. Not to mention world leaders. Only plebs have Android and IOS

It's not irrelevant, it's why people stopped buying them. Besides every IT person in the world loathing them for being an absolute motherfucker to manage. Anyone that gets to decommission a BlackBerry Enterprise Server is a happier person for it.

And when the iPhone hit the stage, pic related was what BlackBerry was offering. By the time they tried to get their ass in gear it was too late. Apple filled the slot for proprietary garbage and Android was the easily available option for everyone else (including developers) to use.

Either way this is all irrelevant. We're not talking about how the company's doing, or how the phones were when iPhones came out. We're talking about their current BB10OS devices, which use an entirely different operating system.

Yeah, and people don't use it, my explanation was as to why. Its something that has followed it. And now it has no support, not even from the company itself. I'm not sure why you'd bother with a device like that when there are only a few minor features that it might have over the default experience of its competitors. I mean, you're talking about gestures and that's shit you can do with anything on Android.

I've had plenty of Android devices before, I know what they're capable of. Bottom line is Android doesn't compare to BB10OS and I'm not going to downgrade just because the superior choice is no longer supported.

Everyone I've ever known with a BB10 phone has been a lawyer, accountant or some other businessman who uses it for email and doesn't really give a shit about apps, nor do they have the time to figure out how to side-load Android APKs onto their weird Linux-ish OS. Not everyone in the world is a girl who needs Snapchat.

The 7210 was released sometime in 2003. At that point Apple was still riding high on the iPod wave and the iPhone wasn't even a nascent dream in Steve's head. Something like the Curve 8310 (on the right) is closer to what they were offering. It was behind the times- but at least you could copy and paste text.

For what it's worth, I miss my 7210. Bought it for $2 at a yard sale in mid and it was the sturdiest, comfiest phone I ever used, with the best damn keyboard to boot.

God I miss my curve, last BB I had was a Bold 9650.
Shit was awesome

I like them because they provide better usability and the viewing experience is more enjoyable. Phones with large screen also tend to have better screen to body ratios (less bezels),

Ok, OP here

Oneplus 3 is more expensive that I thought it would be...

Moto g4 plus?

xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

no united states LTE fampai

I went from a 5.7in phone to a 5.2 and frankly I miss it, especially with multi-window shit in Nougat. Honestly I feel like the Nexus 6 was a god-tier phone design-wise with it's massive screen.

word, thanks for the feedback

I've officially decided on the g4 plus. Seems to be by far the best performing phone for the price and still works in the US
I'd love to get a xiaomi phone but they literally just wouldn't work

Tablet with Bluetooth headset