CS program uses C++

>CS program uses C++
LITERALLY FUCKING WHY
WHY USE SUCH A STUPIDLY SPECIALIZED LANGUAGE FOR A GENERAL AREA OF STUDY
WHY WASN'T I SMART ENOUGH TO GET IN MIT FUCK THIS RETARDED SCHOOL FFFUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK

you should have used javascript

that's what companies want you to use so you can join their meme army of leftist javascript hipsters

>can be low level like C
>can be high level like Java
>can use procedural or oop paradigms
>no need for a runtime/interpreter/VM
>popular because of mah gayimz, attracting NEETs for easy money
>you can teach it in a million ways, so any codemonkey will pass for a good teacher
And the list goes on...

the language you learn doesn't matter.

Pay attention in school...

>C++
>not C

Checked

that feel when you're at a university that teaches to SICP

>CS program uses C
>every student gets bogged down in the immense pointless shittiness
>learning goals not achieved
>dropout rates skyrocket

>C++
>specialized

>C++
>SPECIALIZED

>literally every programming related class here is Java or some Web Dev shit
could be worse OP

This

>Specialized language

just started coding is it bad that my comp sci class is teaching java ?

No. It's perfectly fine because object oriented is a way better method of teaching newcomers than non-OO

On a CS course?

Mine's all over the place. First semester we used C. Next semester Python as well. This semester we're also doing assembly.

Doing software engineering.

We have been doing C since the start. Also some Python at the start. Then second semester we did some perl as well. Now doing java as well as C.

The point is learning how to program. Not learn a language. Anyone can learn to speak a language but only some people really know how to write stories.

Save some money and drop out. Go sign up for some coding bootcamp.

>year 5 of CS
>assignement in block coding to write "Hello World !" to the screen due tomorrow

No, that is wrong, you retard.
It's a bad thing. I don't have anything against java as a tool, but I hope they move you to a different language at some point and teach you memory management because java removes all memory management on purpose to make it more usable. But if you are actually interested in computer science and don't just want to be a code monkey, you need to understand memory management.

This is coming from a code monkey who uses java every day by the way.

bootcamps are shit. switch your major to math physics or engineering and program by yourself on the side.

>C++
>Specialized
lmao

>C++
>specialized

Honestly, I think any person who cannot program in C should drop out of their CS program and get a god damned fast food job. We don't want mediocre/shitty programmers.

This is a good balance desu.

>dropout rates skyrocket
Good. The weak must die so the strong survive.

You can't properly appreciate objects unless you've had to get good at pointers and malloc()ing and free()ing shit

These. You'll appreciate learning C++ if you ever learn C.

chekd for quality

>i was just borned