What was Pictochat like in densely populated areas when it came out?

What was Pictochat like in densely populated areas when it came out?

>tfw you will never be a 10 year old child using pictochat in 2004

Ia that some nintendo bullshit

How do you not know what Pictochat is?

Reminder: People born in 1998 are legally old enough to shitpost. You have proably argued with some kid born after 2001 too.

IIRC correctly the DS's wireless only had a radius of fifty metres (if that) as it was supposed to be a better alternative to the GBA link cable. So I doubt you'd just happen across someone in pictochat.

I know, I'd expect someone born in 98 to know what Pictochat is. They'd be 6 when the DS came out.
>tfw going on field trips and being in group chats with friends on other buses

If nontendo didnt store all the pictochats to datamine at a later date i bet they are kicking themselves right now

i picked up a DS in 2007, never once actually used pictochat

pictochat was p2p, did not go through the internet

Pedophile central

not to mention you had to actually be in a pictochat, which meant not being in a game

>What was Pictochat like in densely populated areas when it came out?
Basically completely unused. If you were in range of each other, you were basically in talking range. Only time people ever used it was to fuck around, and that never lasted longer than 10 minutes. There was pokemon and mariokart to play.

>4th grade
>we get a day of doing nothing due to getting a high average score on our standardized state tests
>everyone brings their DS's
>some kids say/draw some inappropriate things in pictochat
>teachers see it and ban us from bringing DS's on our next free day

ywn again draw and send hentai to your classmates in class

>grew up with little sister and cousins
>No real friends
>No one uses pictochat anyway
>When they do it's useless stupid shit and lol penis
>Doodling in pictochat in car while mom is driving on highway
>Someones name pops into and immediately back out of chat just as a car drives by
>My hands are shuttering as the closest thing i have ever had to a friend sits between them

I had friends almost that young when it came out. But most of our memories were of doing co-op games with the GBA link cables.
>mfw I show classmates how to abuse text to speech on Mac OS 9.2 and slowly unleash an army of cussing PowerBooks.

I was 20 in 2004...

Congrats?

Pretty much a bunch of dicks and tits with a couple of swear words thrown in as well. Everyone who had one was a kid after all

Pictochat couldn't be used while playing games, and that made it useless.

Some games even went to the trouble of recreating pictochat features in-game just so players could doodle over multiplayer.

>I was 20 in 2004...
And here I thought I was an old fogey for Cred Forums.

>Reminder: People born in 1998 are legally old enough to shitpost. You have proably argued with some kid born after 2001 too.

E T E R N A L S E P T E M B E R

T

E

R

N

A

L

S

E

P

T

E

M

B

E

R

This belongs in Cred Forums

Alot of the DS series' gimmicks were largely unused. Pictochat was fun for a few times, then people just began to play videogames.
The DSi shop, camera, web browser, music player, etc was such a mess but laid a good groundwork for the 3DS. And I think nobody even cares about the 3D in the 3DS anymore, so there's that.

Was born in 98, can confirm that that's exactly what happened. Also when we visited each other's home we would scatter through the rooms and use pictochat to communicate our silly games... Fun times

I was around 7 or 8 when pictochat came out with the DS's. I would go over my friend's house and we would pretend to be spies. We would use those to communicate to each other.
He also had these crappy toy night vision goggles that we would play around with in the pitch black. Damn, good times.

I'm 26 and i did't knew what it was until this thread.
Then again the ds had absolutely no market here so it makes sense.

Nigga this belongs on . Fuck outta here.

Were you not a 10 year old child in 2004?
It was just awkward drawing with strangers to pass time

>applescript with the say and beep command
Almost as fun as getting your hands on an apple remote in a lab full of iMacs.

This
Flipnote Hatena was immensely popular at one point, and I remember the browser being home to many games, but minus that everything else for the DS and DSi were poppycock

September was yesterday, buddy. :^)

But Cred Forums appeared years after Eternal September, didn't it?

Nah they said that but it actually worked for about 200 metres or so.

kill me already