You have 30 seconds to explain me why you're not learning it, and why you keep using other shitty language

you have 30 seconds to explain me why you're not learning it, and why you keep using other shitty language

> protip you can't

theres already a python thread you idiot

It's interpreter is spagooter

Because I'm busy learning Fortran.

scum shit

I am. It's the most comfy language IMO. Too bad it's kinda slow.

Because C and C++ are just better.

lua.

because im not a scriptkid

I did learn it, it's okay,

Not C/C++ tier, but okay.

EPIC THREAD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Because I don't need a fucking language to tell me how to format my fucking code.

Because I'd like to have a job. Java is the way to go (with a bit of C, C++ and C#)

good for administrative tasks, shit for the rest, cpp and ANSI C are still my favorites

Being a Java programmer means maintaining and fixing pajeet tier code, I'd rather make a few thousand bucks less and have a fun job as a C++ dev.

>32kB ROM
>4kB SRAM
I would like to use it can you show me how?

I deliberately make slow code so the higher-ups think I'm doing "heavy processing".

>dynamic language
kek

>implying that Java is a prerequisite for any industry job in 2016

You do realise that there are jobs that don't require Java, you fucking retard. You can work in the industry and not be a Java software developer jesus christ. Just because the market is inundated with retarded graduates and poorly written applications that businesses are now bound to or they go into administration, doesn't mean that its the be all and end all of software development.

I can think of literally hundreds of jobs where Java would be a disadvantage.

(You)

Because it's slow as shit.

Fanboys. Python is a good language for hobby projects, but not for end-user products or performance.

>you have 30 seconds to explain me why you're not learning it
Because I already learned it 7 years ago.

>and why you keep using other shitty language
Because I don't work as a back-end web developer any more, and I'm currently working on low level system stuff.

Because Ruby is so swag

>but not for end-user products or performance.
WTF are you talking about?

mod_wsgi can handle 100,000s of concurrent requests on an mediocre specced web server

Anaconda.
Spyder.
Jupyter Notebook.

It's not C.

Three motives:
I program embedded systems.
I program mainframe stuff, that _somehow_ still uses fucking COBOL.
Python is too slow.

>Interpreter
Not editor

it python is so great why is systemd not written in it?

because it fucking sucks retard

Python + C++ master race.

Because Python isn't a compiled language by default, is slower than C++, or even C#, and interp languages are horrid for game development.

C >>>>>>> Python >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> C++

/thread

kek, good one

I bet you think C++ is too hard/complicated

Because JavaScript is better.

Ya OK. That's why literally every ENTERPRISE software from red hat is basically python

utf-8.

this. js as a language is literally god tier, all other languages are pure shit by comparison, AND it will be more popular in future