Windows 7 or 8.1?

Windows 7 or 8.1?

Other urls found in this thread:

classicshell.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows XP in a VM

There is no point in using Windows 7 anymore except if you're autistic and get triggered by flat design.

this
go with 8.1

Having preferences is now tied to autism? Right.

>wow I really love this mobile operating system, it really makes me feel like I'm on my smart phone!

I went from 7 straight to 10 so i wouldnt know.

Windows 10.

You can get Windows 8.1 to look exactly like 7 w/ Aero.

Who are you quoting? You can get rid of anything mobile-related in less than 5sec.

Just use 10 you faggot

Neither.

7 is stable, but 8.1 is better on resource management except it shits itself when it's installed to older slower hard drives (Same applies to 8.1 and above)

ZorinOS

8.1 with Classic Shell.

Windows 7. Windows 8 is botnet, it all started with it: unique advertising ID, encryption key sent to NSA, etc.. 7 is the last good Windows.

>windows 10 is a botnet and doesn't offer anything worth sacrificing my privacy
windows 10 is for kids who want to play g4m3s, fucking kid

How? I'd like to install Windows 8.1 on an older Dell laptop for my mother, if it's faster than Windows 7. It has a dual core Intel Caleron (1,8 Ghz) and 2 GB of RAM. Is it even worth installing it on such a low end machine?

>none lnuxfag trying to force your shit system
Wow i am suprised.

Stick with 7. On low end configurations use Classic theme. If a relatively decent GPU is present, enable Aero.

7 >> 8.1 > 8

There's no reason to use 7 over 8.1. Literally no reason. If you don't like the start screen, which is perfectly understandable, classic shell is a completely viable alternative.

>XDDM
>NFS
>WMC
>ShadowCopy
>simply not wanting to use cloud botnet, metro trash or flat shit designed by pajeet
2/8

Don't use Windows if you don't have to.
If you do use the most recent version, which is 10 as of now

>>simply not wanting to use cloud botnet, metro trash or flat shit designed by pajeet

1. Everything is botnet
2. I said use classicshell, you literally don't see any of the metro or "flat shit" ever, like literally ever, you fucking stupid chimp.

>1. Everything is botnet
You are retarded.

>2. I said use classicshell
You are completely retarded. Learn to read, fucking retard.

>he doesn't know what classic shell is

classicshell.net/

I've literally not seen any of the metro shit since 2012.

So is Windows 7

You clearly are retarded.

Let me help you:
>>XDDM
>>NFS
>>WMC

And these are just a few issues. There are more. You will break somw Windows functions if you disable UAC via GPedit, such as account management (which is Metro bullshit only, btw, no you can't get rid of Metro, pretending it's not there is not a solution).

And no, Win8 is the first Windows to create a unique ID that is sent to MS for tracking purposes and the first one to integrate with cloud.

Anything that XP can run, Wine can run too there is no point in using that outdated OS

Just install GNU/Linux. Problem solved.

Hi.

>he thinks his privacy is safe with windows 7 or 8.1

>Windows XP in a VM
I still use that for a few random things.

Windows7 for gaming though.

>7 is the last good Windows.
How long will the support last though?

I wonder if we can open-source windows patches? Probably not effectively.

>open source anything windows related
Never gonna happen. The closest thing to open source windows is ReactOS.

The only correct set of choices is 7 or 10.

You are literally mentally retarded if you think 8.1 is a valid choice.

7, or even better, install gentoo

Windows 8 doesn't run DirectDraw games properly.

Windows 7 runs faster
Simple as that
Nothing you can say will make me think otherwise

It's actually not even flat. A lot of the buttons still have some weird flat/skeuomorphic hybrid going on. (justh over any icon in your taskbar) It looks really ugly. If anything I'd use Windows 10 which has actual good-looking flat design.

kill yourself with fire faggot

Windows 7 Enterprise

>Never gonna happen. The closest thing to open source windows is ReactOS.
Not what I meant. More like community patches for win7.

No.

Neither, GNU + Linux Fedora

How would this work? We don't really have an access to windows 7 source code so we won't exactly know what needs patching. Although it would be nice if someone made a dx12 patch so people wouldn't be forced to switch to win10 for gayming.

We'd better get Windows 2000 community patches.