Yfw you thought apple was stupid by removing the 3.5mm jack but it was really a good idea

yfw you thought apple was stupid by removing the 3.5mm jack but it was really a good idea

>plug lightning to usb adapter
>plug in audioquest dragonfly dac
>enjoy listening to music with a MUCH better dac

or you know just keep a local collection and have a proper audio setup.

Nobody wants to walk around with a dongle mess in their pants.

Unless you are wearing some skin tight hipster jeans that's literally a non-problem. I have carried this shit with my 5X for a week now and there's literally zero difference apart from sound

So I can blow even more money and drain my battery even faster to power that USB DAC? And then I have to stop listening to charge?

Sure, what a great deal.

That iPhone has a 3.5mm jack though... So what was the point of removing it? This is literally what's keeping me from buying a new iPhone

There was literally nothing stopping you from doing this before they removed the fucking jack

>>plug in audioquest dragonfly dac
Being the same people who gave us the JItterbug (aka a $50 device that does nothing) I can't take your claims that their DACs are any better than the one in the lightning to 3.5mm adapter.

>wearing some skin tight hipster jeans
That's why the audio jack was removed.

I work at an audio store and we tested the difference between an IP6S dac and the dragonfly. Not going to say the dragonfly is perfect but it beats an onboard dac any day.

Sure the difference with a meme 50x is not big but with KEF LS50s and a $1000 denon amp small things turn into big differences.

>muh superior $250 dac
Would you say the audio is sparkly or has more chocolate overtones? Do you detect a hint of oak?

Maybe you shouldn't post about things you don't have access to.

If you want to send me a free sample, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts. Do you have some place I can contact you?

> Audioquest
kek

It goes against Apple's "It Just Works" motto, as well as lightining to 3,5 adapter itself.

he fell for the DAC meme

Just when you think apple fags can't get any more cringey.

Audioquest Dragonfly is a complete meme.. the stupid fucking think doesn't even have a good amp circuit.. if you really want a portable amp/dac, check out fiio.

Just ask your mom

But she doesn't shill overpriced placebo DACs on Cred Forums

Why? It comes with an adapter. Also the next iphone isn't going to have 3.5 mm either.

Underrated post

>Look at our really cool minimalistic, revolutionary^TM, courageous, 1000 USD telephone (plus tip+tax)!!!

So you need 2 dongles just to restore functionality that every "smart" phone has had since the beginning of time? So much for minimalism.

time to listen to some tunes on my new phone!

>we tested

Sighted testing doesn't prove anything.

>DAC memes

Ya OK. Let's see some objective measurements that prove your faggy DAC is any better or even remotely different to some mass produced "Intel HD audio" compliant DAC.

I really really like this picture. Can I download it?

Not from your iPhone!

send request to moot@Cred Forums.org

>putting that in your pocket

stay Cred Forumsirgin Cred Forums

you realize the spaghetti greentexts are about people like you carrying literal spaghetti in their pockets, right?

live like a meme and do meme things... means you're a meme and should maybe consider kys

iphones already use 24-bit Cirrus Logic DACs do they not? I can't imagine you'll get much of any improvement from an external DAC.

You might benefit from an amplifier if your headphone impedance is greater than 16 ohms though. But it's not hard to design a good amplifier yourself.

Common emitter for voltage gain, differential amplifier for negative feedback from output to minimize distortion, class AB power amplifier output stage, and a few current mirrors for biasing. You can make it all with discrete transistors.

i can do that on my xiaomi shit.

>audioquest

A bunch of scammer for idiotphiles

>Apple literally didn't make a mistake, everything is literally fine
Keep up the DAMAGE CONTROL

>calls someone else a meme
>uses "kys"

>2016
>not using the superior convenience of bluetooth headphones

O wow I'm glad they labeled which end is for the speakers

This. Dealing with wires when you werk out is not worth it.

not kysing yourself : )DDD

Nice to see anons speaking the truth

But the Firefly is genuinely good.

You could use an external DAC before Apple dropped the headphone jack, only difference is now you don't have the choice not to.

>all these salty anons

You could do a less subtle job by screaming "I HAVE NEVER USED AN EXTERNAL DAC"

I can imagine you people being salty as fuck because anons in /hpg/ threads keep razzing you for steelseries siberias you fucking dumb nuts think are good.

At the end of the day all DACs use the same algorithms to convert the 0s and 1s to analogue format.
You need to bring up scientific facts to prove a 400$ DAC is objectively better than some 50$ chink shit from Fiio.

>50x
So you went from shit sound to shit sound and spent money in the process
Thank but no thank

>At the end of the day all DACs use the same algorithms to convert the 0s and 1s to analogue format

No they don't. There are binary weighted DACs, R-2R ladder DACs, successive approximation DACs, etc. They all work in different ways but produce similar results. And DACs aren't based on algorithms, they are actual physical circuits.

>external DAC
>fucking smartphone plugin, worse than Fiio headphone amps that do nothing themselves

How can you get more schooled than this

WHY ARE THOSE CABLES SO THICK
WHY ARE THEY QUADRUPLE SHIELDED

HOLY FUCK

This. Apple products have become as retarded as their customers.

You were able to do this before if you wanted to. This only give you fewer options.

Fuck iPhones, fuck Android Pixels and fuck chink shit phones. Once you don't give a shit any more, it is the most liberating feeling.

Nowadays, just having a basic dumbphone and a laptop (like the good ol' days) is all you need.

Fuck the fucking phone industry; it's nothing more than the new TV industry at this point.

I'd love to get a dumbphone but I'm not giving up my mobile tethering and QWERTY keyboard

Nothing is as retarded as an Apple customer.

Yet.

But, agreed: Apple products are catching up.

xD

>implying I can get away with not having a smartphone for work

>but it was really a good idea.
Why didn't they just put a better DAC in their overpriced phone or a bigger battery to accommodate you using a DAC?

>Nothing is as retarded as an Apple customer.
*Apple consumer
not everyone who uses apple products are retarded. the iphone 5s was like the best phone ever

DACs are used for when you have interference with the original solution

if you're using a DAC because "it increases the audio quality", you're someone that takes photos with instagram filters on

Yeah that's an exception

>iphone 5s was like the best phone ever
Not even close

Name a better phone
>3 years old and lags/freezes less than a 3 month old android
>dat perfect design

BlackBerry Q10
BlackBerry Classic
BlackBerry Passport

>BlackBerry

The fact that the phones are the best phone brand isn't an argument against them, user.

these cables will be banned soon because the NSA can't intercept the signal and relay it to sonys drm lawyers

This made me literally laugh so hard, coffee came out of my nose. Thanks based user. Made my day.

Because the majority of users won't appreciate it. They want a slim phone they can jam into their backpocket and that's it. They use bluetooth earbuds or headphones, because that's the trend right now.

I'd be happy to have a good onboard dac and battery but if this time around they manage to make a non-cringy battery pack + dac combo, I'd buy it.

Except I wouldn't, because I'm happy with paying half as much for an android phone that does the same. It's just a shame that they are never going to release such a combo for android phones any time soon.

Spoken like a true pleb. You probably think there's no difference between youtube soundquality and uncompressed audio.

and then lose the benefits cause your sound quality will only be as good as the weakest link, the lightning dongle

wow thanks apple

Um the lightning dongle is digital mate.

But the fact that they use a relatively obscure OS without the selection of Apple's app store or Google Play certainly is.

>aren't based on algorithms, they are actual physical circuits.
Do you know what a hardware accelerator is? An algorithm implemented in hardware, i.e., actual physical circuits.

>relatively obscure OS
I couldn't possibly give less of a shit
>without Google Play
Why are you talking out of your ass?

> (You)
>>relatively obscure OS
>I couldn't possibly give less of a shit
That's fine, but nobody really cares what you give a shit about.
>>without Google Play
>Why are you talking out of your ass?
Because blackberry didn't have Google play back when the iPhone 5s was released. Even now, a lot of those apps either don't work, or work shittily.

Did he died?

Everything I need works perfectly and even if I did have to make sacrifices it'd still be a superior choice because better OS and hardware keyboards.

Boy you are stupid...

>binary weighted DACs, R-2R ladder DACs
The same thing.
>successive approximation DAC
ADC only.
>And DACs aren't based on algorithms
If you want to have a useful one, you will use one. Building one with discrete resistors is simple enough to use in a classroom, but any practical use will be on an IC with additional hardware bolted in. PDM will use one by necessity.

Do you even know what a DAC is?

>if your headphone impedance is greater than 16 ohms though
Current limits will beat down your output level and put a thorn in the ideal voltage source that headphone design assumes.
Really, If your device is reasonably linear for such a difficult load as 16 ohm nominal, it's fine for anything else headphone.

Are you implying that you can't implement algorithms using actual physical circuits?

>lol I posted it again
Every time you've posted this shit I've seen you get BTFO with it being obvious that you have next to no knowledge of high quality audio. Why you continue to waste your time with these posts I will never understand.

Nah. I don't see the added benefit to the consumer to remove the jack. It's not like you can't use wireless headphones with any other phone that uses Bluetooth.

Both available in old nokia dumbphones

>enjoy listening to music with a MUCH better dac

Wasting money on placebo bullshit. I've got a 6 year old device with a Wolfson DAC in it and honestly it "sounds" better to my ears than anything else I've ever listened to using a variety of headphones/IEMs.

>people blowing wads of cash on "audiophile quality" DACs and other placebo bullshit
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

HOHOHOHOHOHOH

Nokia makes 4G dumbphones?

Mostly 3g but some dumbphones sold in india or other markets are 4g models that have qwerty and tethering. There are other manufacturers doing the same thing too.

is VoLTE a thing there or what's the point?

I hate it when I make a dongle mess in my pants.

Lg G2 and its 1/3rd the price and older.

this,

hell my samsung galaxy S2 did this with USB-OTG.

>there is no such thing as high quality wine
>there is no such thing as high quality audio
>you will never understand the feeling of having high expectations and having them met by something genuinely superb
this is what the term "plebian" was made for

>neither can be reliably distinguished from "cheap" products in blind A/B tests
>both have been debunked
>both have a cottage industry of selling placebo at a huge markup to ridiculous snobs
That's why it's a joke.

Thanks for the paid advertisement.

> quadruple shielding so no wiretap will hear you listening to islamic prayers

>dongle mess in their pants
Tee hee

dak?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that not only is the Dragonfly a great purchase, it's one of the best audio related purchases you can buy in a price/performance ratio. It absolutely destroys any phone/laptop onboard DAC.

If you actually like music it's a solid investment.

same

>implying you couldn't do that with the previous gen iphone WITH a 3.5mm jack
Its about having options

>the shills have evolved
>Cred Forums is nothing but free native advertising now
This is what will really kill this place in the end

>the picture he used for the OP features a phone that DOES have a headphone jack

I'm not a shill mate, just a satisfied customer. Shockingly, it happens.

I pair this thing with genelec 8010s when I'm on the road and it's a godsend. You can't use it to make music as it colours the sound a bit much for my liking in that regard but for listening to stuff I've been sent its spot on.

>that name

Whoops. Serves me right for winding up namefags

Is it worth buying one of those for my lg g4?

If audio qualiry is that important to you, wouldn't it make more sense to buy a dedicated audio player?

You get a better dac, don't have to deal with a dongle mess, and they run on seperate batteries.

You could have done that if it had a 3.5mm jack anyway. Moot point.

There is a reason nobody hated usb.

>one can only use an external DAC if and only if the 3.5mm jack is removed.

And here I thought I could go one month without cringing on Cred Forums. Proving me wrong in just 1 day of the new month, wew.

>iPhone
>There's an adapter for that

You can have that one for free, Tim

no, those guys just miscalculated the pressure of the room they fired into.
dude walked away

>small usb shit
>dangling around pocket asking to be disconnected
>can't charge phone at the same time
>MUCH better dac

oh wow that small snot is probably a beast