>ugly buttons
>inconsistent UI
>crappy dock

vista

literally cancer, next please

Windows is the for autistic people

That actually look better than your gay OS user, honestly speaking

looks*

First 2 apply to your gay os more then that loonix screenshot.
Also all docks are crappy, full bars for life.

Laggy as fuck, though. Would not recommend.

OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks

bump

Material Design

there's no desktop UI with material design

Chrome OS if that counts
and Leenox

>Leenox
what?

This and 7 are fucking timeless and basically perfect. It's strange how we've been going backwards with all OSes since 7.

Macos is fugly, it being beautiful is a big meme

not true at all

Windows is for fags who can't afford a mac

Comfy, miss OS9 and PPC games. Used OS 10.3 for years, they used to let you run an OS9 environment for your old games.

(almost) stock gnome 3

Cinnamon > MATE > XFCE > Aqua = Metro > KDE > GNOME

> I need a good UI in order to use my computer

Cred Forums - tech illiterates

Macs are for retards that can't into Linux

>doesn't know difference between ui and gui
tech illiterate spotted

I'm a guy who can easily sit in front of a screen for 14 hours straight (with toilet and food-making breaks). I spent 1.5 hours with macos and got a headache because EVERYTHING is either white or a very bright gray. Wtf
I remember times when Apple fags complained about the ugly gray-ness of windows back when the colorful iMacs were a thing. Funny how that reversed.

it's pretty nice but i don't really like those floating icons in the top right. the floating text in the top left/middle seems fine though, I don't know why.

Gnome 3 is pretty nice, though it's fair to say it's influenced by OSX

Your UI is to inconsistent, my mac friend.

I know the difference, op is talking about GUI, which is a subset of UI. But it doesn't really matter, as long as you can use it and that is

tl;dr : I am not a homosexual that cares about the colors and placement of the buttons (or fucking terminal if that is)

I'll probably get a new mbp when apple releases them. So glad I got a job that pays more.

the eject button and the coffee button isn't stock

Is this FisherPriceOS? WTF is up with the size of your icons

To be specific, they look like they are going to explode out of the taskbar.

Which icons?

pro tip: read about logic and understand that if you claim something you have to proof it

Fucking hideous

Why can't winbabbies into design?

if you don't like the thread, either report it (and it'll automatically get hidden) or hide the thread.

we're not sympathetic to your victim complex.

>you have to proof it
Pro tip: learn English

this belongs on where fashion, design etc. is discussed

Snow Leopard is the gold standard.
With Lion the iOS-fication started with questionable design decisions for a desktop such as hidden scrollbars.

The scrolls bars get in the way. I like them hiding.

>gay os
What are you, fucking 6 years old?

It does look great, too bad it's not good for being productive as developer and it gives Apple full control over its users.

El Capitan fixed it.

like i said, report it or stop acting like a whiny bitch.

how so?

What are you talking about?

The OS isn't made for power users and the proprietary and Internet-connected nature allows Apple to do anything.

So when I asked "what are you talking about" I meant can you give a more concrete example than this vague FUDdy stuff you're saying.

Can you point to any single thing that someone capable of using a bash (or similar) shell couldn't change or disable?

>Show me a UI more beautiful than this.
easy, since macOS is just a bad iOS port.

i guess its 50/50, i like some new elements like new buttons, traffic lights and icons

The user is inherently not in control. Users can't find out how the system works, they're running a black box.

Okay.

>apple.com
That's pretty deep down the vendor lockin hole. I've never seen a Windows fanboy show a screenshot with Microsoft.com.

are you honestly this easily baited?

>Users can't find out how the system works, they're running a black box.
of any modern OS, macOS is prolly the best documented.
otherwise any modern OS is too complex for a user to really understand. nor should he need to since he's not an OS developer.

>actual OS X screenshot
>bait
That's not how that works

there's this, but also i feel like he's getting way off track at this point. can he articulate some way that OS X's "black box" characteristic meaningfully affects development in C or Java or Python or Go or JS or Lisp or Haskell or Rust or Clojure or any of the other 50 most popular programming languages?

my hunch is that he can't. i'd even wager that he doesn't know how to code in the first place, and he's parroting the shit that someone else he considered more knowledgeable than him said. which would be fine if we could talk to that guy, but we just have to put up with this parrot repeatedly saying it's a black box and users don't have full control.

why would you conclude that it's vendor lock in?

stick to your guns or stop posting. don't weasel out of a stupid comment.

Haven't upgraded to sierra, but did they fix the ability to actually search messages?

>prolly the best documented
This is about trust and transparency. You should not have to take a company's word for what software running on your computer does and doesn't do.

how does this relate to the point about developers being productive? it sounds like you have some disorder that makes you unproductive if you don't feel you can peer down to the bottom of the tech stack at any point. for most employable people, that's not necessary.

are you able to drive? does it present a problem if you're not intimately familiar with the mechanics of the car you're driving?

Showing off with a company's webpage is "loyal" beyond reason: naive.

You missed a link somewhere, my original points were both the bad fit for developer productivity AND the user not being in control, this sub discussion is about the latter one.

That looks like shit, dude.

i saw the image and concluded that he was trying to get a rise out of anyone who would click on it and be easily triggered. like you.

you sound like you're being baited. it takes a faggot 1 second to navigate to apple.com before taking a screenshot and to make it look like he's drinking the kool aid, and you took the bait like a retard who was looking for it.

so you're dropping that first point entirely or what? the freetard argument is a little tired if you've heard RMS speak or read any of his writing. i don't really need some anonymous loser on Cred Forums to rehash it for me. i get it - you're upset that we can't inspect every line of code that goes into OS X. i admit it would be nicer if we could, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

so let's talk about the point that has any bearing on day to day life; the first point that you led with.

Nonono, besides that the person is ACTUALLY running MacOS, which means he's into Apple in some way, it's typical Applefag behavior.

I'll admit, OS X is beautiful.

I'm sorry son, you failed the heterosexuality test.

> it's typical Applefag behavior.
it's really not. there are a lot of people on Cred Forums that use macs and it's just convenient that navigating to apple.com or macrumors or something before taking a screenshot is all it takes to send people like you into a tizzy like this.

if you've ever used os x, you'd appreciate that it's just a *nix environment with all of the Desktop Environment settings made somewhat reasonably, with the ability to change a fair amount of shit quite readily. beyond that, i don't think anyone cares that much except for people like you, and i imagine it's amusing to rile up people like you with so little effort.

>>name 2 arguments
>asks about second
>>reply about second
>how does this relate to your first point? It sounds like you have a disorder
>>I was talking about the second point
>So you're dropping the first point entirely or what?
Dude stop.

I have used Mac OS, but also most kinds of Linux, and it's extremely obvious to me that Linux is more convenient and customizable when you know what you're doing.

>>asks about second
i never asked about the second. the vaguest i was in my posts was asking what you're talking about. if you decided to go after the more intangible point, that was up to you, but you had every opportunity to justify your first, leading argument, and you've chosen now to greentext this whole conversation in your own twisted interpretation as if someone here needs a recap, so i figure you're done contributing to the conversation.

i guess good job trolling.

since it's so extremely obvious to you, can you actually put it in words why it's more convenient and customizable.

>and there's something wrong with that apparantly

>Beauty
How the fuck has beauty ever helped technology? Stop shitposting, you tremendous faggot!

I havn't used a Mac since OS 8.

They any good these days?

>16x10

Hnnnng

look up Bauhaus

>his sexuality is tied to the OS he uses

Alpha as fuck m9

That is not a fair question. Apple defines what is beautiful.

it's the same shit dude

I tried it out and it didn't even work. Plus the flat icon set is pretty ugly. I like the idea though.

meanwhile in the real world no real girl will respond to green bubbles.

faggots discussing """""""""beauty""""""" need to be told where they belong

this is neo-Cred Forums anyway so reporting is a waste of time

this is the proper way to report on a modless board

woah super mature dude

but please don’t send your fatties friends to /fa/, thanks.

why not just go back to reeddit? you get official cred for your trip there

“muh secret club, we anonymous!!! we watch mr robot while typing secret hacks on lenux!!!!!”

Y'all aren't even trying, are you?

all hail our overlord T.A.D.

fuck frasier and niggers

>getting this mad because I was telling the truth about desktop threads

You have a tenuous grasp on reality at best.

Killing Classic was the right thing to do, its just a shame that we got stuck with a shit interface in exchange. The OS X Server betas had the Platinum UI, but 10.0-10.4 looked like garbage. Didn't start looking nice again until at least Leopard, but its still not the same.