Millennials are terrible programmers

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-hYbWs2dPg
medium.com/@hoffa/400-000-github-repositories-1-billion-files-14-terabytes-of-code-spaces-or-tabs-7cfe0b5dd7fd#.idjztewp4
youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm way better than you

Wow, savage xD Go post this on Facebook :))))

great post dude

This is a nice post :)

I really like this thread. Is there a share on facebook link?

hire much more qualified indian and chinese programmers.
DUH

indians are worse than millenials. they go to fake colleges that teach, of all things, java. they don't even poo in the loo

how is it that everyone in third world countries has a CCNA but don't know what a routing protocol is?

Get a job at a bigger company. Most people in the business are absolutely terrible. Having a job is more or less adult daycare.

Non-millennials are also terrible programmers. Turns out most people are terrible programmers.

>What do?
1- Delete Facebook
2. Hit the gym
3. Install Gentoo
4. Divorce your family & friends
5. Only visit Cred Forums and /r/LearnProgramming
6. Abandon alcohol and meat
7. Learn meditation to reach nirvikalpa samadhi
8. attain Nirvana
9. start learning C
10. write fizzbuzz.c
11. learn JAVA
12. get a Job
13. rinse & repeat
14. die
15. attain final liberation (moksha) or para-nirvana - exist eternally is pure consciousness

> exist eternally is pure consciousness
15. exist eternally *AS pure consciousness

>8. attain Nirvana

How long do you think this will take?

Only a couple of lifetimes if you do it right.

Took me 24 hours, last time I tried.

You're just not ready for artisan-crafted small batch code.

>stupid OP thinks all code should be readable

doOneThing.bat

so convoluted and hard

i really like this post

As a millenial Swift programmer (I prefer the term "coder", but whatever) I beg to differ. I actually am "good", maybe not in your sense of "good", but I develop applications that impact people's lifestyle. Codding is nowadays more about people, about real human lives, not abstract types and optimizations. Maybe your generation can't "get it", and it's not our fault.

So you are a designer then?
A programmer namely deals with the technicalities.

It's fine to be a app designer, friendo. However do not assume that programming is outdated, as it is more relevant than ever.

>abandon Meat
i like you

Designers can read and write "code" to some extent.

yep the post has brogrammer webdev splattered all over it

they play VR games non ironically and post in reddit

vegifags will die of leukemia

Hey man. VR looks cool as fuck. I was at spotify's office (lmao sweden) and used their VR some. It was one of the coolest shit I've ever done. Imagine working(read: program) in a virtual, futuristic environment on top of mount everest.

sounds like i'd be insultingly cucked

i know these special needs people need to have positive environments to work in but that's excessive to the point of being embarrassing. it's to the point where that actually might be the high point in their life and that's just depressing.

no i like using a keyboard by my window and not being so used i need to think im special just to get by

>>What do?
>1. Post on Cred Forums
FTFY

>have all the resources available
>ALL thanks to the internet
>could literaly be the best generation of programmers to date
>have a meme motto "don't reinvent the wheel"
>have too much resources, can't choose the right ones
Remember when we didn't have the internet ? And probably only a couple of sources available ? We had to make it work somehow we all that restriction and we did.
Restriction drives creativity.

i cawnt breeeve

Are you trying to pinpoint your point by pointing at pointless pointers? We need an appointment on a standpoint to discuss about our disappointment towards your endpoint.

I hope you understand my viewpoint.

>this trig'd ovr cuckold

get a hand on your bitch and you wouldn't have so many thinking problems du

Partially true:
Restricted environment implies a deeper understanding of what you're doing for the same reason it's easier to learn to draw on paper than on a graphical tablet.

See also, understanding formula vs using calculator

lol 'coder'. you weren't even alive in the leet scene.

restrictive environments need creativity to work around it, and those novel solutions may require unique solutions, that's all we are talking about.

freewheeling creativity is hard to understand, a freewheeling c implementation will soon be debugged

brains are brains

I'd be amazed if they even taught programming. Indians are good at cramming. Not at logic or maths.

Yes, they are and Cred Forums is proof.

o huhuhuhu, Cred Forums makes my life IRL so bad

you have never interacted with another Cred Forums poster

like actually

stop lying or pretending

Memory is one of the largest components of general intelligence.

Companies have figured out the most cost effective way to operate is to have a ridiculous degree of specialization for every task, so you don't have to bother hiring indigenous grads with all their debt and QoL expectations.
Instead just hire the top generalists for the most important decision making, and outsource every other task to individuals in 3rd world countries that have ultraspecialized in nothing but that one task.
It's a temporary windfall for them, however. They now have the illusion of abundance before automation revolution fucks almost everyone over, and it'll be a cold day in hell before the industrialists agree to relinquish any share of control over means of production to support the welfare of jobless public.

Nah, it's just because it's the only way we have to actually measure intelligence. But nothing really indicate that greater memory is always shown in more intelligent people.
I studied it and really we don't have a clue about what's going on in our brains, all we have to work with is a lot of 'high level' stuff. Which gives a lot, but not all and not how.

they are literally fired on day 1 when they can't even tend basic tasks

it's an advantage to no one

if your company hires these actual jeets and doesnt roll back right away some people somewhere are corrupt as fuck and need to be fully documented and reported

shitheads literally dankmemeing IT for bank rolls

they are actual human cancer, not resource.

throw them under a but. rape and burn. acid. it doesnt matter. kill them dead and carrier is good

that's why im learning software defined x and debugging

will get me 10-20 at the firm rather than 2-3

then im on my own. i live in canada tho. i can hunt deer and other meat in 2050 when radiation has poisoned all own city centers. maybe i'll move to the phil and live lovingly under duterte jr

IQ doesn't measure memory.

I agree, we need someone (me) to take control over everything and refactor the industry into a simple efficient symbiotic entity.

ok. refactor darpa. go

Don't hire them. I'm a project manager and i'm 26 and I would never hire anyone who was less than 30 years old and/or who has a family. Millenials by and large are absolute garbage at coding.

>lolassurancy manager
more like

what product do you assure? would you stand behind it?

dollorama craphead

As the future wold dictatorship leader, my first doing will be to persecute the specific lamentable (you). Your lifetime will be filled with daily extreme tortures concluding with barbaric dismemberment.

right

the meek won't inherit shit

because i'll take it from them

idiot

>IQ doesn't measure memory.
Memory is essential for rapid recall, so yes, memory is one of the largest components of general intelligence.
When you have to juggle several shapes in your head to quickly identify the next in the sequence, it helps to be able to quickly recall details. It helps to be able to recall 8 digits instead of 7.

>Flow =/= Capacity

it it weird that i can imagine and iterate through states of complex problems but i cannot picture 4 separate colors at once in separate quadrants of a square?

>le dumb millennials xD meme

Fuck off.
You're most likely a millennial yourself.

imagine a windows icon?

i can do win 10 but not 7, i can see 2-3 a ta time but if i try and focus on seeing the 4 separate colors in the 4 separate corners at once it really breaks down and i can only see a couple

im not an art major... maybe im over thinking it

IQ isn't relevant.

bait

Well, yes, but depending on how complex the pattern is, capacity might be important as well. If you need 8 shapes to understand athe pattern, it might help to recall a, rule that only influences the outcome every 4th shape, for example.
I don't know that Indians are better at cramming either, only that they do more of it because the economic paradigm of countries like India and China are sort of assembly-line tasks, like where the US and Europe was 70 years ago. Doing the same thing quickly and uniformly is more valuable there than in knowledge economies.
Over time with economic evolution, that will change and Indians will place more importance on creativity / innovation as people can afford more risk for a chance at greater achievement.

b-but... How do I feed my overinflated ego with the numbers that one psychoanalytic slut told me?

I won't let weaklings like you ruin the selfdom fortress I built over all those years.

DIE
IED
EDI

youtube.com/watch?v=k-hYbWs2dPg

>Millennials
Hey grandpa
Tell me what it was like to leave us with effectively nothing after destroying the economy, the country and whatnot!

tfw C and Lisp programmer but all i'm surrounded by are Swift and C# "coders"..

I think you mean Gen X'ers are shit teachers

They haven't been around as long as other programmers.

Seriously though, too many distractions and too many tutorials. I'm sure you can find more than one hundred intro to Java tutorials on Udemy.

Good to leave it exactly as it was handed to us.

Enjoy.

>post in reddit

I do like being able to read about games and other topics without having to sort through shitposts.

lol...typical millenial, claiming they've done nothing wrong because they're all special flowers

Meh, I could memorize all the l33t memes, don't make me intelligent or worth anything.

Hello everyone. I've always been a fan of hackers, programing and stuff.
most do not know where to start!
Anyone here can help me?

Drop dead you old faggot. Waste of air.

but your dank index would be through the roof

Didn't do nothing.

I think you are describing babyboomers

samefag or

Well there's a good reason for that.
Millenials have too much shit they can do, and pretty much infinite distractions.

Before the Internet you had to do with what you had in a limited quantity.
Can't choose what you want to watch on TV.
Can't choose any video gayme except what you bought.
Don't have an Internet for instant gratification, and had to go outside or do some shit at home.
Much of the shit at home gets boring so you start going crazy and actually start studying something that interests you.
And here we get to the important point. Pre-Internet fags start studying something on their own, and when they get into it, it becomes an obsession.
I'm talking 16 hours a day of doing that shit and experimentation.
That goes for programming as well when you had limited books to learn from, and spent more time experimenting from that limited knowledge than you did reading shit.
And here we get to the John Carmack Point. Remember that John Carmack says he is surprised by people thinking he is a math genius, when all his achievements are witty implementations of high-school math.
This is where skills are truly defined. Using limited knowledge to its maximum potential. Experimenting with limited knowledge.
Not many people do things this way these days.

>still shilling automation this hard
Technology is not necessarily automation, user, and automation has nearly peaked.

Bernie lost and there will be no basic income. See you back over on Cred Forums

>automation has nearly peaked
lmao

>automation has nearly peaked

>nearly peaked

Well, most people are not programmers at all, and out of those that are most are shit. What's new?

I've spent almost 10 years in IT as sysadmin/dbadmin/netadmin/dev/project manager and out of all the devs I've met I remember maybe... 3 good ones. Ones that I looked up to or constantly learned new things from.

This is normal. People like that are treasures and should be cherished and used to teach the next generation and make fundamental architectural decisions, more so than to produce code.

Why do you have to make it about age? Is this the new "there are no good women programmers"?

Makes sense. When it comes to programming and the technical side of the computer hobby, millennials are fucked in my opinion because computers were already pretty well modern and hassle-free compared to how it was say in the early 80s. You didn't need to learn much to get going, so why bother?

I first learned how to use a sector editor and write assembly using the monitor on my Apple ][ before the age of ten, and that is more technical than most c-sci program material.

Thing is I wasn't a super nerd compared to other computer hobbyists even my age.

Normies are the new nerds, and we are all suffering for it.

>be programmer
>taught to put a note every line
>good practice and has saved my ass
>new guys laugh at me for leaving so many notes

>taught to put a note every line

Well, maybe when you are still learning the language and are unsure of what even basic statements mean sure.

In general too many comments are not a bad thing, but they are a waste of time. You should comment things that took you a while to figure out and write correctly. Or anything that took you a while to debug after you wrote it.

Laughing at you is just sad on their part. That is unless you do shit like this:

/* declare index and initialize it with 0 */
var index = 0;

Then you should be fired.

install gentoo

>Jinesh Parekh

>of the computer hobby, millennials are fucked in my opinion because computers were already pretty well modern and hassle-free compared to how it was say in the early 80s. You didn't need to learn much to get going, so why bother?
looking @ your code would piss me off
first thing I would do is strip all the inane comments out

your code is probably so crap, it needs commenting

Dirty commie

I think it doesn't matter if you can or cannot do it.

If you have cash in your bank account and someone to have sex with every weekend, you already made it in life.

actually, spiritual enlightenment doesn't have anything to do with intellect.

The means you use it are only tools to obtain holiness. You could use programming to get there, but you aren't doing it for programming but for the path of enlightenment it takes you.

But that comes the other problem, completely separation from the mundane world means that you have to leave a lot of things that can and will tempt you to walk out the way of enlightenment.

tl;dr: being smart doesn't mean you are gonna make it.

I can't help but reply. You got me.

you aren't a real programmer.

you probably get everything from stackoverflow.
do you know how to manage memory?
do you even know how to write to files?

know what latency is? threading? deadlocks, etc?

Typical babyboomer growing delusional from dementia. Good thing you'll all be dead soon, and we'll finally be able to fix your mistakes.

you do realise that a lot of us are around your age, right?

but not all of us are match the new standard of entitled disillusioned safe-place trigger warning elitist assholes that have become saddeningly popular nowadays

I just got hired to replace this guy that had been running the systems for another department so by himself for 20 years.

I just took at look at some of his scripts. They're all written in vbscript, he didn't use tabs to indent, his indents varied from 1-5 spaces, he often didn't even indent most of the time, his variables all have cryptic names, and there are no comments in the scripts.

Also he didn't make any documentation, for anything, ever.

Thinking of quitting.

you have a golden opportunity if the company looks stable

just slot in and continue with the same practices, job insurance for life nigga

Born in 89, terrible programmer. OK developer I guess.

Being aware that I am bad, I hold no shame in asking dumb or uncomfortable questions during meetings or planning.

I have a feeling most of the time that certain questions should be asked because they make people think about a part of the logic, of the complexity that they'd naturally gloss over.

No. The whole reason they brought me in was so that I could document everything and then support/administer the systems.

Btw this isn't what they told me in the interview.

been here a month and all I've done is document stuff

Everything is awful, all the webapps are just hostnames, the script scheduler is some Windows 8 machine, running the scripts as a service account that has to be logged in for that shit to run.

Once I'm done documenting, the next phase is to improve everything. I tried pointing out that documenting then replacing something is pointless but they won't hear it.

While I understand the hate for this statement, it does hold some truth.

Millennials are learning to program in a time where, if you have a problem, you can just consult StackOverflow instead of taking the time to think it through by yourself.

They learned to program with interpreted languages instead of actually seeing what their code did to the machine.

Millennials are often bad programmers because many of them don't actually fully know how computers even work.

Ask a modern developer what a branch predictor is, I guarantee that a large portion of them will have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Luckily for me, I learned to script from a guy who was a CE from Cal and used to design transistors.

We program noise ouptut differentials with meaningful configurations on a platform that could easily overwhelm and possibly overload the sense and psyche of one of those people and choose to take on the responsibility by applying ourselves as a whole. That means efficient programming to prevent the extinction of signal channeling organisms that share our habitat, efficient learning methods for treating the threat of illiteracy and misinformation, robust learning methods to prevent the incidental omission of fact and person and general good practice so that I can go about my life helping people figure out their problems as well as my own with every changing day.

I know you don't "get it" when I say that this stuff we do, the learning it well and making it right if it isn't stuff, but these machines are very powerful and there are a lot of technologies out there right now subject to infetterence ( you may have to google that term ) which also means we need to be here to make sure that each technological appraisal is met with a rigorous agency intent on clarifying any and all discrepancies.

What you guys don't get is that things have a timer to them, and that while some of us believe in God, we don't have simple deadlines to meet, on boilerplate code systems that really act more like zerg creep than a foundation for active computation.

I'm saying your programs are loud, your websites slow and invasive and your sense of style really fucking rheumatoid.

The most you are programming are the senses and all you are doing in the programmatic sense is burning in the register.

Lol

Imagine them out of the single quadrant focus of the eyes focusing center. I tried what you said and only got three before the fourth turned into like the color green with shiny blue on a black splotch. But then I also realized I was imagining them just in the upper left hand "area" of my "imagination" ( I think I was referring to the colors in the eyes and didn't refer to the colors in the correct order for it to be referent within a single context, cause you know blue to red... ).

Anyway, maybe that has to do with common heuristics we have in place for computational determination. Imagining the colors yellow and blue might make you think green next as opposed to some arbitrary color.

I think about this stuff a lot.

I thought proper coding practice was not to use tabs to indent. This allows you to move source between editors and it will retain its formatting.

yes the variable indenting is a pita, but you should be able to run it though some sort of pretty printer.

There's also the possibility that your mind knows to limit itself to a mediated focus of two directions, up and down, and then handles peripheral information semaphorically. Like, if I look straight I can see left right and straight but not really below me or above me. If I look up I can look to the sides but not down. Vice versa from down to up.

This would lead me to conclude that visual cortex has thus been "agitated" to mind 3 major points and use the energies equipped to the remainder of the surface for managing depth and/or creating a logical distinction from which the more fluid pressures in our bodies can benefit and appropriate.

Source: Have been shot point blank by a blank bullet through the back of my head on to my left eye. Also have astigmatism and kerataconus.

I also think this because I convert most discrete groupings and calculations into problems of the form a + b = c.

This is why there are so many brogrammer webdevs, and also why women are being pushed into tech. brogrammer coder webdevs hook up and impregnate the banshee attention whores, their coding styles proliferate between them and another simpler yet stupid system is achieved. Together they are put to model the next system that will keep people apart and focused on little noise patterns in their phones and from there they can literally just demand that people pay money.

I do intend on teaching my kid all this baby stuff and then as they use that learn more shit for them to use. It's going to be great.

Another shitty start up intent on selling its system and documentation to the next highest bidder.

I have reached the branch predictor many times in my explanations but I've never really worked on one. I think that is one benefit programmers have over webdevs and coders in both their learning and their working. Sometimes they reach depths in just their understanding and are able to continue with the model and finish based on standing requirements for the process because the mental map and understanding of the machine and the interpretation of the language's syntax allow for more lexical emergences. This programming language was based off of a standing and way over developed existing language, English.

Something like a branch predictor helps with poorly coded algorithms but ultimately is unnecessary if you set your code to compile only to the strictest standards ( meaning for clarity instead of semantic difficulty, or meaning that you can't leave anything in an ambiguous state ) and/or if you set your code to be produced procedurally rather than from an existing model that you can fill top-down.

But then you get compilation errors and all that required knowledge and branch predictors become necessary again.

My programming teacher demands that we put as many stupid comments as possible for full credit. It's annoying as fuck

It's good practice. You'll learn that once you have to go back to a project rather than sitting it out to your teacher.

Try looking at your own code 6 months later. If it's nontrivial, comments are an incredible resource that will save you time and productivity. Other people who touch your code will hate you much less.

Tabs are best practice

Commenting is essential

I made an esoteric web browser from scratch without importing any modules in python.

I still don't know why I did or why I decided on it but I'd like to see someone else do the same.

Furthermore, I'm an absolute waste of space and Java is cancer.

Best I understand is ROP and assembly but only because I'm autistic for PPC real time modifications.

WebKit is awful. Please never use it if you want security.

>fizzbuzz.c
#include

int main()
{
for (int i=1; i

>Inconsistent spacing between expressions
Time to get better senpai

Revised for consistency
#include
int main(){for(int i=1;i

JavaScript/10
You're ready for Java my dude

>I prefer the term "coder", but whatever

It's like this bait was targeted right at me

force them to learn assembly

It's not just programming. Millennials on average are terrible at EVERYTHING.

PhDs are the worst programmers. Comp-sci PhDs are the worst of them. And, PhDs from MIT suck donkey dicks.

You can learn literally all of that in 30 seconds on google

lol millennial BTFO

overuse of comments is a Bad Idea - the only reason to use comments more than sparingly (eg function documentation) is if your code is so awful its purpose cannot be gleaned by reading it

wrong

More wrong when programming in K

Someone challenge me on this I know you want to.

100% serious btw

>nontrivial
I'm in my first college programming class and basically everything we do is trivial. I already took 2 programming classes in high school and everything we do is too obvious for me to need comments to remember what I did

others disagree:

medium.com/@hoffa/400-000-github-repositories-1-billion-files-14-terabytes-of-code-spaces-or-tabs-7cfe0b5dd7fd#.idjztewp4

Let's see you code a Fibonacci Heap

the problem is they are smart enough to write/maintain horribly written (but functioning) code after learning only about one tenth of the programming skills they should know

import immigrants;

While there is a certain level of self documentation if you name your variables and functions properly, you should put enough information in the comments that someone who is not familiar with the language can understand exactly what you're doing.

Writing code is only part of your job. The other part is leaving enough documentation someone can just slide in and take over if you leave the company, get sick, die, etc.

>medium

May as well link wikipedia

Building good habits early is something you should do

Retarded millennial detected.

No one gives a fuck about your stupid opinions.

>tons of java with spaces and not tabs

Shocker

Btw github is where all amateur code goes, most companies have strict standards for code.

best post i've seen on Cred Forums for a long time

on Cred Forums

how do I become a top generalist?

>Not initializing the counter in 0

Get the fuck out of this place..

Yes it fucking does. IQ tests are broken down into several sections, memory is one of them.

Speak for yourself.

how do you quantify any of this shit without losing confidence in the entire farce?

True about restriction. However, we can't blame them if they have brainfreeze from excessive abundance of resources: they could be more curious, true. Then again we don't know because we were not born in a world where everything was already available. Maybe if we were born today we would be like them.

It also implies that you are not waiting for the Stackoverflow spoon-airplane to come and feed you.

You can't measure intelligence. Stephen Hawking is right, IQ tests are for losers. Are you a recruiter? Recruiters love IQ tests; they delegate the responsibility of choosing a good candidate to stupid tests.

I think you have never actually worked in a corporate environment. Literally every single corporate is like that.

Nice discriminations you got going there. No wonder the recruitment market is the shittiest it has ever been.

Bryan, stop.

what would you expect the boomer and gen x to produce

You might have a hard time finding the ideal gig that makes you feel you are living the life of your favorite TV shows characters... but it's not like you are dealing with the aftermath of a world war, isn't it now. Man up and roll your sleeves up: yes, that means migrating to another country if that helps, to find what you are looking for... but do you know what that is? I doubt. If you did, you'd be hellbent on getting it, instead of blaming dad and mom.

It's only partially their fault, it's the market that shapes their choices.

Google and YouTube.
Literally.
Follow your instinct at first, asking simple questions in your searches, just as you would ask them to a teacher who is available 24/7.
Your questions will become more sophisticated with time and will lead you to other websites, with more knowledge and more links to other resources.
At some point, find what the best books on the subject are and get them. Devour them, read them when you are eating.
Practice, practice, practice. Exercises are fine but you need to make your own projects: it will make practice more entertaining and you will learn following your own path.
One thing leads to another and it is the best way to do it because this way you shape your style, no one else will.
Do not let "official" sources like programming schools and unis let you down: they are often not as good as you think they are or are ruled by politics that take priority on actual quality teaching.

When you go to YouTube, subscribe to 'thenewboston', they guy is phenomenal; he has his own site, too, check it out.

Find other programmers and do shit together. Don't forget to stay at least a little social.

>deadlocks
Son you should stop creating your own concurrent datastructures. That's like developing your own medicine instead of going to the pharmacy where you can buy medicine that already has been under clinical trials.

Yes, this is mainly because of a mix of these two:
1- short attention span
2- actually lower self-esteem: they have been taught that it is stupid to think that you can change the world. We had WarGames.

14 years in IT here and I can only remember one: and he was an asshole; good but an asshole who understood early the superior power of politics in the workplace over actual competence.

The best response is to ignore them and let facts prove them ridicolously wrong later. If you fall in the trap of replying to them, you will be labeled a grandpa forever.

Being exploited inside a corporate environment that you were conditioned to love looks eerily similar to the worst communist regimes. Ironic.

You have to be very good at things, and run into a wall where you can no longer waste your own time. Then you start securing the time of other people. Your aptitude for this proxy execution must be visible, and then you are paid for this very thing. Your title might be something similar to architect.

You are such a sad individual.
Never been curious.
Just fit in with the team.

That looks more like job protection done on purpose.

There are no dumb questions. Only people unable to get over their ego.

#include

#define FIZZ 3
#define BUZZ 5

int main(void)
{
int i;
for(i=0; i

Why does Cred Forums always bitch about a word when the people doing it are in the age range themselves?

All of that is true... however, the old way of learning is still possible, it's not like the resources are less, they are more. The curiosity is lacking. You can always tell me that they go for what pays more... but in your free time, are you curious? If you only code at work, you are not a real programmer imho.

#include

int main( int argc, char **argv) {
int i;
for ( i = 1; i

>found the masochist

How old are you OP?

U can't? Ever try practicing visualization?

Totally agree, i designed some kinda java program to do something with a xml database that tied in with object creation, but didn't comment anything. That was two years ago and i still have no idea what it all does.

You mean Gen Z?

>if
>if
>if
lel

I'll be the only guy not ignoring you... to tell you that everyone is ignoring you.

Do you even Python?

The market is much more multi-faceted today. Yes, if a programmer who wrote an OS today speaks to a "coder" who only knows Ruby or Javascript, it would be quite understandable if the "programmer" would feel he or she is in a different league (whether he/she shows it or not). Truth is though that there is now a market for both... and even though it shouldn't, it makes "coders" feel like they are "programmers".
I think a bit of humbleness goes a long way on both sides. I remember that one of the first things I learned (from much wiser people than me) was to never feel accomplished... because there is always someone who knows more than you.

Maybe he is trying to teach you patience and focus.
Wax on, wax off, my friend.

You seem to know your shit or certainly an awful lot more than me. As someone who has started studying Java, could you explain to me why you think it's cancer?

Use =/= Overuse

Well, what you said is not 100% wrong but it's not the point.
It shows what you aspire to be.
A programmer who can't code without google.
Think about it.
We all use google but the point is to have such curiosity for the subject that we do not plan to rely on google all the time. You are actually planning on not knowing because you can look it up.

You are confusing roles.
In your analogy you are describing a patient going to the pharmacy. However, the role of a programmer should be more akin to the role of a doctor, to follow your metaphor: a doctor does not recreate the medicine every time but he surely knows what's inside and how to prepare it, if pharmacies are not available. If you don't, you're not a doctor... hell, even pharmacists are required to have this knowledge...
In programming today we are instead saying that "we don't need to know anymore many things that are considered too 'low level' since the market now has a larger demand for 'high level' programming". This might be correct but you should not be surprised if it disgusts the past generations when they can't get a job and a younger, more inexperienced but more specialised 'coder' can.

>found the kid

In hell, you will spend eternity reverse-engineering your own code.

Learn better?
Indians are worse, anyways.
Also, what do you define as a "terrible programmer"?
I'm about to start learner and probably do CS, so some pointers would be great.
I'm assuming well readable code is an obvious one?

lol youtube.com/watch?v=NspLA6mzST4

Lately I've heard someone replying to a question whether or not you have to know math to be a programmer "you only need addition, substraction, multiplication and division". He called himself a programmer and that he "worked on an advanced AI". I wanted to fucking kill myself.

you realize that to be successful you must have social skills, common sense and not being an aspie about relationships?

most people on Cred Forums don't have even one of those traits.