Hi guys I'm having trouble on my first computer build. My specs are:

Gigabyte B150M-DS3H motherboard
Intel i5 6500 CPU
GTX 1070 graphics card
SSD 480g
2 8g Mushkin RAM
2TB HDD
520watt PSU

I followed guides online and believe I set up everything accordingly. When I went to turn it on the first time I pressed the power button, it lit up and the computer turned on, then about 5-10 seconds later the power button light turned off and I could see all the fans turn off. They stayed turned off for about 2 seconds then turned back on. All the while I am not able to see anything on the monitor (I'm using an HDMI and it just says "No Signal").

I looked around online and people suggested starting from the beginning and testing each part. I removed the Mobo from the computer case and only have the Mobo connected to the PSU along with all the CPU connections and also only have 1 stick of RAM in. I can see now that when I press the power button an orange/Amber light appears on the Mobo and all the fans run, then a few seconds later the light turns off and the CPU fan and the PSU fan turn off. Then the orange light appears and all the fans work again for a few seconds and then the cycle continues. All the while "No signal" is the only thing I'm getting on my screen.

TL;DR

>Computer turns on for a few seconds (But there's nothing displayed on my monitor)
>Lights go out, all fans shut down
>Computer lights turn on and fans begin to work
>Light goes out again and fans turn off

Pic related, how I feel right now. Please help Cred Forums, you're my only hope.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16820226337
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151093
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

whats your listed ram speed??

You fell for the computer building meme, friendo.
Just buy a pre built or if you wanna game buy a console.
>inb4 it's as easy as lego xD

> 520w PSU
Found your problem. For a GTX 1070, 2 TB HDD, 480 GB SSD you might need a more powerful PSU. What brand is your PSU? What certification does it have?

I'm not really sure, it's this one though ( m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16820226337 )

Well as of right now I only have the Mobo and CPU plugged in to the PSU and it's still doing the same problem. And it's a Seasonic 520 watt PSU ( m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151093 )

>b150 motherboard
>ddr3 wam
u best be trolling nigger

Aw fuck do you think that's my problem? I ordered the parts from a pre made list so I assumed everything was compatible. My motherboard does say DDR4 on it but I just assumed that's what my RAM was too. Did I harm the Mobo by placing the RAM I got in the ddr4 slot? I didn't have to use force when I did it.

no it should be fine. u just have to recalibrate the ram slot in the bios settings.

>My motherboard does say DDR4 on it but I just assumed that's what my RAM was too.

I mean shit, I guess I should've double checked, but I like I said this is my first time building one. Here's a photo of the manual and it even says "DDR3" on it, underneath the first circle the second circle reads "DDR4_1/DDR3_1" so I wrongly assumed it was capitable.

Thanks dude,I'll go out and buy some DDR4 today. Hopefully that will fix everything.

There 2 versions of that mobo:
GA-B150M-DS3H - supports ddr4
GA-B150M-DS3H DDR3 - supports ddr3
It should says either DDR3 or DDR4 beside the ram slots on your board

I assume you have something bootable? ie usb drive with os on it?

Ahh thanks man that makes more sense. Yeah I believe I have the DDR4 model, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully the computer will work once I get some DDR4 today.

Yeah I have Windows 10 on a usb

Don't worry about PSU wattage; what you got is fine for a single card.

i remember another user having issues with ddr4 2400 ram with this exact motherboard due to an older bios revision. might be safe to get 2133 ram instead.

Take 1 of your ram sticks off then turn it on. Happened to me when I built a friend's pc and oddly enough it started working.

If you have 2 ram sticks that is.

First unplug and reinsert you memory modules.

Also when my 1070 died it did about the same thing. Try unplugging the GPU and running it on the integrated and see if you can get it to run and display. That could isolate the issue.

> lazy retards that only read the original post