Why does anybody use java

why does anybody use java

Because it's good and adds a little bloat, too :-)

Cause it's pretty good

I don't really know other than the idea that some people use Java already and because of that, other people are required to use Java.

Why do people still use querty keyboards?

Irrational hatred of the superior CLI?

I have a bit of a soft spot for Java because it reminds me of wide-eyed high energy 90s programming

Long before the only use case for software was social media and skinner boxes

retrocompatibility

Pajeets or technical leads unwilling to make risky decisions.

Because it does the job and has an outstanding ecosystem

CLI usually means Commandline Interface

because it used to have seperate blue and red functions properly

Because it makes writing cross-platform GUI programs less painful (excluding JavaFX, goddamn that shit is whack).
Also, since the way Java is structured easily leads to over-engineering it lends itself well in big enterprises environments, where a project must be laid out properly on a UML diagram so that future maintainers can pickup the work fast.

pecause pajeets

Android app development

Common Language Infrastructure

Java is a brilliant language. The only people who shit on it are those who are too incompetent to make good use of it.

yeah, i guess I am too incompitent to realize theres other languages that dont need a million lines to do simple things, like math or print Hello World!

CLR > JVM
C# > Java
NET > Java API

Why does anybody use Java indeed....

Specially now that nearly everything related to C# is Apache licenced, and Mono supports more platforms than Java...

C# documentation leaves a lot to be desired, I rarely run in to any questions that aren't answered by the docs when working with Java. Also Visual Studio for C# isn't as good as intellij for Java as far as my tastes are concerned. I'd agree that C# is a better language overall though.

That being said, as far as working on teams goes C#'s neat features let people do some stuff that easily allows inexperienced developers to turn a project into an unmaintainable clusterfuck.

>proprietary microsoft crap
>better than Hotspot
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>Visual Studio for C# isn't as good as intellij for Java
Even accounting for your shitty tastes, this is objectively false